So is this the finalized replacement? Where is the staff from the old Nyaa?

So is this the finalized replacement? Where is the staff from the old Nyaa?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In gas chambers.

>Where is the staff from the old Nyaa?
They don't have anything to do with Nyaa Pantsu.

Not involved, I believe. The new staff wanted to keep the cartel out this time.

Weren't there people other than the cartel helping with Nyaa? What happened to them?

Dead and buried.

this guy is funny, I wanna be friends with him

why isn't the old staff making their own site
I had this idea they would actually care about nyaa or whatever

Who cares, good riddance.

>replacement
This is not a tracker.

Good.

Fuckers are too controlling.

>HURRR DURRR WE SHUD ALL USE NYAA AND ONLY NYAA, GUIZE

Fuck Daiz.

nyaa.pasu?

>the old nyaa staff fucked off completely
>the current nyaa.pantsu is a Sup Forums project
>there are no cartel people involved in the development
>horrible subs will start using nyaa.pantsu as soon as it stabilizes

Who cares, don't give attention whores attention.

in the latest FAQ on Sup Forums is told that staff members from previous nyaa are working on an official replacement

Is this true?

Sounds kind of pointless since the japs are already using pantsu.
But I guess having 2 sites is better than centralizing the whole thing again.

Yes, check their twitter.

That's what they said on twitter.

Yes, they were asked on Twitter.

>giving something vital to the community is attention whoring

That would be the cartel's project. Which is useless now that we have no less than 4 different nyaa clones up.

Have they moved on from hosting the damn thing on a raspberry pi yet?

I can't acces the site half the time. I just want to see if some old stuff I wannt that's not on BBT has seeders or not.

Yes

What's missing for it to be stabilized?

Well, the server not being a fucking raspberry pi hooked to an aussie teenager's computer for a start

How long until herkz and Daiz hang themselves now that they're no longer relevant in anyway?

Not a single one of them had backups of their own in case something like this happened. And you thought they cared about anything other than the e-peen?

They're the ones doing nyaarchive.moe I think.

>Implying they were ever relevant.

Daiz pushed for 10-bit, and herkz makes everyone on Sup Forums mad

>Temporarily down due to being banned by yet another host. Check back tomorrow.

I still don't get this cartel shit, if they were part of nyaa why did they screw themselves over by shutting it down

can i get a quick rundown on the cartel?

DELETE THIS U FUCKING RACIST

>Daiz pushed for 10-bit

I still don't understand why this made so many people mad.

>if they were part of nyaa why did they screw themselves over by shutting it down

They didn't do it. The owner shut it down without telling anyone else who was involved and he deleted everything without giving anyone a copy or backup.

Leechers bow down to the memelords

They couldn't watch stuff on their toasters anymore

Can I get a quick enchilada on the cartel?

They're just a group of fags who were moderators on nyaa who would ironically shill for bad anime subs (like Gabriel Dropout) to try and get a rise out of people. No one really cares about them.

Every time I use the search function on pantsu I get a 502.

Get your shit together Sup Forums.

Not that user, but
>filename
lost

Can I get some tar and rocks and a little brown slave girl from the cartel? For a friend.

Is this the same cartel behind BTN/PTP/WCD?

>No one really cares about them.
And yet you're still upset about Gabriel Dropout

Works for me.

Who knows, but it's probably not a coincidence that herkz happened to have accounts on them

The cartel thought they were the big guys in charge here, and then reality hit when they realized that they didn't actually have a functioning backup of the site once the owner hit the panic button.

No, but those guys are faggots in their own way.

Actually it's not like that. They said they have nothing against using it, if it becomes more stable in the future. But they also said that it seems a bit far from it right now.

Eternally BTFO and unable to ever recover.

Too bad somebody else already took the "Horriblesubs" username. They will have to be Horriblesubs2.

Reminder that nyaaarchive will also exist.

Even if they don't upload there someone will surely write a bot that scrapes their releases and uploads them

And is only one of several options for both downloaders and uploaders.

Sure, but that's a bit different to what user said.

>157078956
Literally shaking in eternal anal devastation.

Here's a graph.

What did he mean by this.

Good, maybe the bumbling cartel will actually learn about redundancy this time.

>inb4 "pls donate, we need moneys guys, servers can't buy itself"

Why did Doki get banned? I remember something from years ago about one subgroup uploading malware with their releases. Was that them?

That's a good thing and I hope it becomes a healthy site with just as many users.

Having 2 or more big sites that scrape each other will prevent shit like this from happening again. Redundancy is good.

pretty sure it was some jackass doki invited into their group was responsible for trying to get nyaa's ISP to shut nyaatorrents down by sending fake C&Ds or something.
said faggot reputedly joined commie later, although herkz kept the doki ban in effect like a powertripping jackass since doki refused to join the cartel

>too busy selling user info to many clients

You say that as if nyaa wasn't always an intentional attempt to monoculture the anime torrent community and destroy it in one fell swoop when the tracker was taken offline.

I just hope the situation will actually devolve into redundancy and not fragmentation, with obscure stuff scattered on a dozen of places, falling off the radars for the most part.
Because as unfortunate the situation turned out to be after the shut down, having nyaa as a central hub to find pretty much everything was undeniably convenient.

it's a bunch of sub group names, what did they do wrong? and if every group is cancer what's the solution?

When will they fix it so I can use taiga though? It's a pain in the ass having to go the site everytime my torrent doesn't feed itself

Group A don't like Group B
Group A person also happens to own X platform
Group B releases don't show in X platform

so now that both sites are dead we get all the subs?

>I just hope the situation will actually devolve into redundancy and not fragmentation

It shouldn't be too hard to set up bots that cross-upload stuff on the other site too. I think it will be fine.

Who knows, this platform isn't stable yet and I can't get it work half of the time, so maybe the people of nyaa crop up again if it keeps crashing.

Did anyone figure out WHY Nyaa was shut down? Why the fuck did literally no one have backups

I usually never say this, but this truly is a "first post best post".

I really hope it will be like that, user. Big groups aren't really a problem, but I used to check nyaa periodically to see if something interesting was uploaded, and I think I'm not the only one.
Doing that with four or five website it's not impossible, but surely incovenient.

Well yeah, that was obvious way back when Daiz was bullying everyone into ditching TT and AniRena to use Nyaa instead. What I'm referring to is the fact that those retards didn't have a backup, and instead we had to rely on the luck of random anons who had the foresight to scrape it.

IIRC there was a law change in the EU regarding copyrighted material to introduce the possibility of jail time, and the nyaa admin got spooked and pulled the plug out of the blue.

That's the story I've heard repeated the most, but take it with a grain of salt. Supposedly no one has heard from the head honcho since.

And nothing of value was lost

EU just went full 1984 and Nyaa got so scared of being jailed that he shut down the site immediately without even making a backup or telling anyone in advance.

>An aussie
Has it truly come to this?

Jail time is UK, not EU.

They are apparently good for something other than shitposting/trolling.

>aussie

It's over, the cartel win again.

>australians saved fansubbing
>australians saved nyaa
Truly the best kind of shitposters.

Hey man it's better than 3 Mac Minis taped together.

Yeah and he said the flat chest ban was good once.

nyaa.si/

Thoughts?

It wasn't a law change exactly, it was a court decision in the EU court.

Pantsu is a tracker now as far as I understand, if not it will be very shortly. Stop being so impatient fags

So do we use Nyaa.pantsu or Nyaasi?

>the cartels won

No...it can't be.

why not both?

>we
Do you plan to upload anything?

Hmm touche user.

Nah.

>nyaasi
>Nazi

This is actually fucking pathetic. The delay in the cartel's release was probably planned very carefully. Let pantsu go online first, spread it to all the japs so it crashes under so much pressure, then play the instability card while the japs are still trying to use pantsu and are clueless about the cartel version. Truly ingenious I tip my fedora.

Neither works on fucking taiga, so I'm on the fence

wew