Vinland Saga

It seems like Thorkell is being set up to get killed off before the current arc ends. His death flags have been building steadily for a while now. I hope he at least injures that smug cunt Garm on his way out.

Speaking of Garm, I get the feeling he might tag along with Thorfinn's merry band after this hullabaloo at Jomsburg. Either that or he sticks around to work for Baldr later.

Is that naurato?

Yes.

Historically nobody is actually sure when the real Thorkell died.

But he did stay with Canute for the rest of his recorded life.
I mean this isn't the most historically accurate story out there, but its possible he survives

So until Canute dies then.

Is that so? Well I like Thorkell, so that's heartening. I have been getting major death vibes from him this arc. That said, I'd be pretty hyped if Thorkell destroyed Garm.

I still miss him sometimes.

I like his current look. The scar gives him character.

I read until three books and am waiting for someone to rip the rest so i can continue asap. i don't like ad revenue going to niggastream

He died at the age of 40

Hes got a few decades left in him

Why not just buy the volumes yourself?

not available in my country.

Not to mention the extra tax for overseas delivery.

I feel bad for this series.
It was really popular for a while.
Then when it became Farmland Saga, everyone just went ape shit and half the fanbase left.They couldnt accept the transition and losing their edgy warrior kid and getting a beatnick peaceful adult.

Two of my friends dropped the series, they were all like "Why couldn't they just keep being awesome?"

Then they must have hated Vagabond then when it went farmland simulator mode.

It's on plenty of sites besides mangastream. Their translation seems pretty iffy at times, to be honest.

how the hell is anyone going to kill this monster

Go for that glass chin.

not to mention, the customs officials in my country are rogues. If they find something interesting inside the package you might never receive it and they'll claim it was lost in transit.

thors stopped him effortlessly. but he is thors.

I used to think the same thing about Askeladd.

Still i'm going to have a stroke if smugmic edgefuck is the one to kill him

I love this man in a completely platonic manner.

If he dies, that's the way I see it happening. That conversation between Garm and Floki settled it for me, combined with Thorkell talking about when he chooses to die. In terms of foreshadowing they couldn't have made it any more obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised if Canute suppresses the news of Thorkell's death. If word got around that Canute's top guy was killed in battle it would cause unrest. Furthermore. a cover up could account for the uncertainty surrounding his real date of death. In some ways Thorkell would be more useful as a rumor than he was in life.

So much for dying when you choose to die. Even if it's only your name, Canute will keep you around as long as he can still make use of you. I could definitely see him pulling that shit.

That would also mean Asgautr and the rest would need to be silenced. And the remaining Jomsvikings stationed at Jomsburg, and Garm most of all.

This garbage is still being published? Completely fell apart and went to shit after he became a farmer.

i know, its sad.

vinland is still on going? i thought it ended when that one dude let all those vikings beat him until they tired themselves out then then sailed to iceland.

Finally my country appears in gookdom, and we look awesome.

Thorfinn turned to shit though, the whole 'turn your cheek'-meme stopped being funny a long time ago.

There have been quite a few chapters released since then.

Best boy even came back.

Well at least Thorfinn is willing to smack a bitch when it's absolutely necessary to defend himself or others. If he had a breakdown and went to War Hell every time he so much as shoved someone I really might have dropped it.

Yeah, but there is a middle path between going full berserker and his ultra-hippie bullshit.
Also he should have brought his sister with him, or at least referred her to a good doujinshi artist...

I can't disagree with that. His sister is 2qt. At least she did us all a favor and hacked off that scraggly little Jesus beard off of Thorfinn's face.

Thorfinn was in a bad place during Farmland Saga. He even started to get on my nerves with his bullshit, but I think he's gotten a lot better since then. Right now he sort of reminds me of a more ambitious, more irritable version of Kenshin. I can't hate that.

So should I get into this series? I'm a big Thorfag and like Norse shows. But this just appears to be some generic adventure manga.

>Right now he sort of reminds me of a more ambitious, more irritable version of Kenshin. I can't hate that.
He just reminds me of the annoying pacifist that almost made me drop the manga. I don't mind a bit of comfy farming, or happy times in general. I just really need someone to die horribly by Thorfinns hands soon. Or at the very least shift the focus to sailing again, put him somewhere i don't have to watch him turn the other cheek all the time.
Just give it a go, if you get bored with it, what did you really lose?