Why do most animes look so similar?

I know this is a question asked a lot but most people just answer with saying "anime doesn't look the same *shows rare amount of anime that don't look similar*". I want more of a historical answer. Is there some kind of reason why anime and manga look so similar or is it just something the Japanese chose to do without any explanation?

because most asians look similar

Better than 'superoriginal' ping pong or 3DCG shit.

For the same reason most western comics and cartoons look similar.

>most western comics and cartoons look similar.
???

The same reason why people wear the same kinds of clothes, it's what's currently "in". Like always, it'll change with time.

Why do humans look so similar except a few different features?
There's millions of anime characters, how are they supposed to look different? It's an artstyle
>animes
>"*
Why am I responding to facebook

It's almost like there are these things called trends where something popular looks a certain way and others copy it, then that style steadily evolves due to modern sensibilities to be more visually appealing to the audience of that generation until something new comes out and is so well received it radically shifts the paradigm and everyone imitates it to start the cycle all over again.

>animes
>*
Fuck off to wherever you came from.

>animes
>*"

I don't know about you but these look pretty similar. Not exactly the same style but still pretty close. The color palette, the shading, even the dynamics of the perspective. Granted, I don't know who the artists are as I just googled Superman and Spider-Man.

Several reasons
a) prevalence of 2d lineart/ idealised "flat" depiction of real-life subjects in traditional Japanese art, as opposed to Western efforts to capture realism and depth
b) mimicking the style of Disney during the early days of anime production/ post war era Japan
c) it's not that similar. There is a large variety of art styles, and your Western trained eyes can't tell the difference, in the same way it's difficult for them to tell one Chinese person from another. Watch more anime.
d) it's cute.

guessing that most of these answers are people being insulted by my question or just pointed out trends (which is the most likely answer) I'm going to guess there is no historical answer or at least no one here knows about it.

All three of those characters have many distinct traits, both that differentiate them as characters and that differentiate the style they were drawn in. You're just mentally blind.

>implying anri bug or snek look anything alike
I know this is bait but I'm still angry

all of their facial features and style they were drawn in all look around the same. some how you thought I was talking about the clothing and hairstyles of the characters. now sure how you made a mistake like that so easily.

>animes
>*action*

Why the fuck can't American comics draw mouths without making them look retarded.

> *shows rare amount of anime that don't look similar*
Where the fuck do you come from?

>no one pointed out they are all voiced by Kana Hanazawa

Seek help if you prefer the art style in OP's pic over Ping Pong

Strange, I like her acting as Akane but I despise snake.

>different ways of drawing mouths
>different degrees of roundness in their faces
>completely different eye design styles
>different priorities with detail like Akane's chin and blush
>different styles of shading and lighting on the hair
>different skin tones
>generally shaded differently in their respective shows
>generally animate and move (because how a character moves is an important aspect of their design) differently

There's a noticeable variance between seasons of the same show.

BUT THEY ARE ALL ANIME SO THEY SAME RIGHT?

>animes
Fuck off back to 'ddit.

The first is the best.

Time to get your eyes checked,user.

S4>S1>S3>S2

>why do most animes look so similar?
>Shows a pick of three girls which only simularity is the hair.
What did he mean by this?

What is calarts?