Escaflowne appreciation

Just did a rewatch of this anime, and it's even better then the second time around. Show so love for the series. It's one of Sunrise's best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VfU4A0Qs6M
youtu.be/U1XYmt17lC8
youtu.be/YNp_W_ozVx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>posts a picture of the movie

U kidding?
I liked the show, but it really needed more episodes.
Bad pacing towards the end, not to mentioned Hitomi is an irredeemable cunt.

Pacing was alright, it was just cramped.

You just have to post the OP with this anime:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VfU4A0Qs6M

Yeah, it's definitely one of the best examples of 90s Japanese fantasy settings, and that genre peaked in the 90s.

It's good, awesome opening.

rushed as fuck in the end, extremely homoerotic

the robots turning into dragons and being controlled by wire was fucking great

I loved it when it came out. It's one of the few romance-focused series I've really enjoyed.

The designs of mechs, cities, and ships were pretty metal.

And that fucking music, jesus christ:

youtu.be/U1XYmt17lC8

It was actually recorded in my home city - Warsaw.

All in all a 9.5/10 series.

-0.5 for the noses.

Not sure about a cut but I'll agree she was pretty fucking annoying and probably one of the ugliest girls in anime I've ever seen.

>it's on of sunrise's best
Not really. It's pretty good, but sunrise has made some fantastic fucking shows.
The robots and fights look fantastic though.

Yoko Kanno at her peak

>it's even better then the second time around
On rewatch the episodes following the escape from Zaibach lacked a clear focus until the last three ones. Certainly a very nice show.

>Hitomi is an irredeemable cunt
I bet you're a basement dweller tsunderefag.

I wouldn't say she's ugly, in fact I found her pretty hot. Maybe it's just my kink for athletic short haired girls speaking.

I never actually watched this series, I just watched the abridged and I still love it.

Van was the best girl if you like tsundere.
Dilandau if you're a Reifag.

She should have stayed.

>extremely homoerotic
...No it's not. Even the guy who had a weird obsession with Van turned out to be a girl.

Folken did nothing wrong.

I want to fuck those neko girl twins

Princess Eries is the masterrace choice

What was he sorry for, then?

doping his brother with a hypodermal

Best OST

She always bothered me. She has literally no backstory and wears those funny ear pieces. Maybe she's secretly a draconian.

She looks like good dicking to me

If I was gay, Folken would be my husbando.

I preferred the catgirl.

Allen probably tapped that later to complete the collection.

He was sorry for how things turned out, Folken just wanted Van to live a peaceful carefree life away from fighting and war.

He sided with Dornkirk in order to achieve this, even though it was slightly hypocritical as Zaibach caused more strife with conflict in the name for the greater good which ultimately didn't work in the end as shown by the remnants of the rebellion fighting each other.

Granted Folken could've found a better way of securing his brother's future instead of running away and leaving him to become the king instead.

I'll be honest with you: Escaflowne was utter garbage and the only aspect that was any good was its amazing soundtrack which it did not deserve, even remotely.

>you will never battle ISAAKU NEWTONU in an Atlantean sub-space dimension

If he wanted Van to live a peaceful life, he would have waited him out somewhere around the corner and kidnapped him silently with his nice injection finger before he would send a pyromaniac psychopath to capture the guymelef and optionally burn the country down.

But then that would be missing the main them of the show.

great show
youtu.be/YNp_W_ozVx4

Better than any Tomino property.