Gundam Build Fighters - GM's Counterattack

>Director: Kenji Nagasaki

Cautiously optimistic.

>original director
>original cast
Sign me up.

Battlogue looks decent, too. I'm not a fan of Obari as a director, but if it's literally just a teaser for dream battles, that might work.

More Sei? Fuck yeah

RIP Ral

>GM's counterattack
Aw yiss it's Renato time,

Not exactly.

Although they do appear in the manga nobody is translating anymore. They use Jegans now.

He's using some sort of prototype build burning kitbashed together from like 3 differemt gundams in this one by the looks of it.

I think it's going to show the first 3v3 team battles
Reiji might make a come back to use the Burning Gundam while Sei uses his SBS Cosmos

I hate Nils Niggersen.

Aw fuck that looks like a proto-Build Burning in the background, sign me up

Possibly, although in Try it was mentioned a couple of times that Sei used something very similar to the build burning at the world tournament.

No real details on the plot yet though, only that it takes place before Try.

Also there is a "Ninpulse" kit which is probably Nil's upgrade. The big backpack can be used as an armored cowl or detach and form a giant ninja star.

I want those in my body

user, are you sticking gunpla up your ass?

She better get her cameo already.

>Character design
>Yasuda

How does he manage to create such great semen demons?

>Obari

Can he save it?

Can't wait

Save what? It's not a Try sequel. When has Obari saved anything, anyway?

Any word on Hayashi Yuuki?

3v3 can fuck right off.

Unless by incredible contrivance the three protagonists all encounter their nemeses on the same team, it means that almost all the battles become a foregone conclusion. There's no way the team can lose when losing means that the next battle, which they've been hyping for several episodes, can't happen.

Build Fighters Try was shit for lots of reasons, but this one is the foremost: because we're not idiots, and we know the opponents have to lose for the story to progress, huge chunks of its runtime end up evoking no tension whatsoever.

>short film that teases dream Gundam battles.
>Director: Masami Oobari
MY DICK

Why are they saying it's an "anime series"?

All the press releases imply that it is without actually stating it, which means it's going to be a single-episode OVA like Island Wars.

Please, PLEASE have more mom

To build hype. From what I understand it's going to be another gundam fan club ONA.

That wasn't due to the 3vs3 format though, it was because the show was focused on a single big eliminatory tournament. The original GBFs had two tournaments and several battles outside of it, which allowed rematches in the 2nd half of the series, in addition to those open field episodes. Due to being completely focused on eliminatory format Try lost that. Even if it had remained 1 vs 1 the issue still would be there.

No it wouldn't, because we can accept a little bit of contrived bracketing so that the protagonists end up meeting their antagonists. What's not acceptable is a format that dictates that when they do, they're absolutely necessarily going to win, because if they don't win then the story is over.

3v3 is completely incompatible with characters having their own personality independent of the team, because the team has to win for the story to not stop, which means you know they're going to win, otherwise the other two's story arcs will be left hanging, which means the format is really 1v1-with-2-filler-matches-you-already-know-the-outcome-of.

Imagine if blue guy lost to Tryon-III and everyone went home in the quarter-finals and the last three episodes were them watching some other guys win. Not very likely, is it? Probably why best girl was so much more of a sympathetic character: you knew the plot dictated that he lose, that the match against the protagonists was his waterloo, you saw him grow as a person and you saw him go out in style.

>Director: Masami Oobari
My body is ready.

>more non-Try GBF
>Nagasaki
>Obari

There's hope yet.