Stop corn subsidies

Why don't the politicians just stop the corn subsidies if they are worried about obesity? Isn't this the main reason everything has high fructose corn syrup in it? The left is always wanting to find excuses to separate people from soda and junk food. Seems too easy.

Nothing?

>Why don-

Lobbyists.

>Isn't this the main reason everything has high fructose corn syrup in it?

i don't think so no
it's mostly about giving the shortsighted consumer what they want
and they want sweetness, fattness.

It's a side effect of capitalism.

I do think the corn subsidies do have a bad influence in that they sway the industr even more in that direction. But I don't think ending corn subsidies would end the practice of sweetening stuff, since the price for sugar is pretty low compared to the finished product. The consumer choice to overpay for the stuff is the real driving force of unhealthy food.

The issue is more complicated than that. The main reason we support things like corn syrup is to reduce dependence on cane sugar imports. This would maybe be more realistic if we also invaded some Caribbean islands.

You can't honestly believe that the American system is actually driven by the consumer, unless maybe you're observing it from another country and have nothing but the liberal media to go on

I do believe though coca cola and candybar sales are mostly driven by the consumer

no conspiracy is necessary to bait the common person to unhealthy food

demandside economics is mostly ridiculous, until such time as we can clearly measure demand without the proxy of goods sold

man, you mormons must live boring lives

This pretty much.
Consumerism leads to the weakening of man, as people seek not self betterment, but the material and dopamine

>the absolute state of memefags

It's never about what the consumer wants. It's about what the god damn company wants.

>stop the corn subsidies
And get the ethanol out of our gasoline!

Yes, the companies uses consumerism to make the consumer want such products

consumption should be grounds for impeachment

THICC

Britbong, I have one thing to ask to you... Why is BBC so goddamned pro-Islam and anti-India? We died alongside Britbongs in Burma, Iraq and North Africa. We were always loyal to you and this is how your state media covers us?
An absolute disgrace is what it is.

>Britbong, I have one thing to ask to you... Why is BBC so goddamned pro-Islam and anti-India

It's not really true. I was watching a bunch during the partition anniversary a few months back and the BBC was relatively fair on it. That being said, the BBC does like to shit on Hindu nationalists and how your country has a lot of rape.

Most people in this country don't consider the BBC representative of their views, so don't let it dishearten you. It's a cuck globalist leftist organisation.

>being this wilfully ignorant

They make you want things using advertising, deregulation of advertising standards, packaging, sponsored research, the suppression of negative research etc.

Who cares if we import sugar? The vast majority of our hard drives and oc parts from from SE Asia. Do we need to make protectionist rules about that too?

America has some of the highest table sugar prices in the world. Canada has some of the lowest. Think about that. Protectionism doesn’t work.

Can't wait for corn futures to start trading again, always a good moneymaker.

Ya know, i really do wonder if colonialism ever benefitted India
It gave niggers whitets tech and western civ
It gave rise to America and other ex-colonial countries
But India....hiw did it benefit?
It clearly had a civilization and one that clearly had tons of influence.
Hell it even resisted the Mongols

>advertising, packaging, research
So fucking Consumerism?
Its Freudian in nature, i swear i saw a good video on it either made by Cultured Thug or BravingRuin

Fuck my typing is awful today

it isnt to protect the prices at the store. it's to protect the farmers and the Mills from going out of business. they can't compete with child labor.

All government subsidies should stop.

And we need to brung back public shaming. Obesity isn't a protected class under disability legislation. Don't hire or promote o-beasts, and tell 'em it's 'cause they are fat.

Broke: High fructose Jew syrup
Woke: returning to Honey as the main sweetener
Easier said than done user, and instead of halting subsidies lets just nationalize industries

user, consumerism is the result. It is not the cause. Consumerism is not some phenomenon that spontaneously erupted out of nowhere like a spring in the desert. It was cultivated carefully. Consumerism is the result of those things, not those things themselves.

I thought the whole method of using Freudian concepts to intice the populace into buying things that are either useless or unhealthy was consumerism

>just stop the corn subsidies
... and cut off those PAC donations?!
Are you mad?!

You're half right and all wrong.

The problem is the single mother welfare state. Being a single parent/lazy shitbag you gotta eat a loooootta processed shit that's cheap and easy to make, since you don't have the time or economic freedom that a stay at home mother with husband working does. So, you go to the store and get processed shit; but processed shit is destroyed with so many preservatives and chemicals to keep its shelf life, it becomes gray boring looking garbage that tastes awful.

The answer to this? Sugar. Companies want the cheapest solution possible to sugar, so they pull it out of corn. Go look at a can of campbells soup, look how much salt and added sugar is loaded into the fucker to make it taste remotely decent. Combine this with an increasingly sedentary lifestyle and over-consumption from the anxiety of being zooed up in a mulicultural shithole where you feel much safer at home than anywhere else and boom: fatties. Fatties everywhere!

On top of that, poor education for nutrition in our shitty ass schools, poor quality of school lunches and a massive FEELS~WAVE of fat acceptance bullshit and you get even more fatties. It's not capitalism's fault, it's just people making shitty poorly educated decisions in a shitty heavily feels based matriarchy of a society, and the businesses that aim to profit off of retards doing that.

really makes me want to live a self sufficent lifestyle, but im stuck in the fuckin suburbs currently, in Maoyland of all places

People used to live longer, back when people ate right things.

You can always make steps towards it. Get in contact with people in the self sufficient community, learn how to hunt, grow a small garden of your own for experience, etc.

sugary drink consumption has gone down as obesity has risen

stop the meme that sugary drinks are a problem

the average age of death was under 40 "back when people ate right things"

that's why this thread is so funny. anons on the internet bitching about modern conveniences, likely with a snack or vape pen.

Simple flowchart to explain why the Media ignores this, but campaigns against tobacco.