One of these works is the great original work made by the most talented self-made director of our generation...

One of these works is the great original work made by the most talented self-made director of our generation, with actual soul and great plot, with nice protagonists, romantic story and good humour, well recieved in all countries.
Another one is the sad example of what happens when you let the spinless female director make the movie about some harsh theme, that tries to appeal to casuals with "nice animation" and can't even follow the source material's plot properly.

>hat tries to appeal to casuals with "nice animation"
Koe no Katachi isn't particularly well-animated to be honest. It's just a glorified TV anime episode with a higher level of detail.

A thread died for this.

Or you're just a faggot trying to start shit. But i havent seen either movie so i shall hold off my judgement of your faggotry for now

Shinkai
>Premiere screening in AX garnered a standing ovation
>Kimi no Na wa becomes a blockbuster hit
>Actually a well paced movie
>Technically impressive in visuals and huge upgrade from his past films
>Satisfying end and memorable protaginists
>Gets screened in many theaters worldwide.
>Blockbuster hit in Hong Kong
>Blockbuster hit in Korea
>9/10 rating from audience
>Becomes the contender for Oscar Nomination

Yamada
>Pre-screening event in Japan got vocal KyoAni twitter fanbase say good things
>Upon proper screening it was just so-so
>Koe no Katachi gets the scraps of Kimi no Na wa audience
>Gets few more screens but fails to get anything and falls off into obscurity
>8.3/10 rating from the audience
>Lost all the meaning because of unrealistic and unnecessary drama
>Lots of disatisfied manga readers
>Pretentious ending
>Overdone faux-cinematography to make it seem "technical" when in fact it barely added anything to the movies narrative
>Said "cinematography" is actually nothing special and could be done easily in a properly budgeted TV anime
>Gets forgotten by people a few weeks after
>Director doesn't get any awards

Both are shit, don't let memes tell you otherwise.

so what, name even one thread on this board that deserves life

Rollercoaster scene from PV was kinda impressive but it adds literally nothing to the movie and can be easily claimed just as forced animation.
"Kino" filters are awful, though.

I'm a kyoanifag but even I'm tired of Yamada and her fucking filters. Who can seriously see this and say, yes this is good, more chromatic abberation please.

When will this Kyoani meme studio just die already?

When all post-K-ON generation of studio fags dies, I guess.

>>Lost all the meaning because of unrealistic and unnecessary drama
I agree, but that's also in the manga.
>>Lots of disatisfied manga readers
I've seen a lot of manga readers applauding the decision to ditch the whole movie subplot, where did you get this information?
>>Pretentious ending
How?

You lost or something?

>I've seen a lot of manga readers applauding the decision to ditch the whole movie subplot, where did you get this information?
Pretty sure no one of them didn't read the manga, kyoanifags tend to praise Kyoani for anything no matter how they changed the source material (see also: Phantom World, Amagi, Kara no Kyoukai, Hibike)

>forced animation

>Pretty sure no one of them didn't read the manga
ESLfag or are you just drunk?

>kyoanifags tend to praise Kyoani for anything no matter how they changed the source material (see also: Phantom World, Amagi, Kara no Kyoukai, Hibike)
Guessing ESL

>Kara no Kyoukai
Or maybe just baiting

He is right though

What's the point of this thread? I don't hate comparing things but this seems dumb.
kimi no na wa will be remembered as one of the most visually impressive anime films ever, a milestone in shinkai's filmography, and a culturally relevant work due to the emotional chord it seems to have struck with a lot of people.
koe no katachi is a decent 7/10 movie that probably deserved to do well at the box office its opening week and then become irrelevant. Just because it's not a contender for anyone's "greatest ever" title doesn't make it unworthy of existence.

You're right about what?

One of them is what I assume is a mediocre movie based upon his previous works, and the other is likely shit based on the manga's original one shot.

Probably just a dumb flip.

>well paced movie
NO

Most of those are just shitposting and not serious, even I said it would win an Oscar but I didn't actually believe it.

In short, Kyoanifags claimed it as the best anime movie ever made (before airing of course), magnum opus of all fine art of all times and so on. Why can't we have some fun now?

Only watched Kimi no Na wa and it was good, probably a 8/10, but nothing too spectacular.

>Kimi no Na wa
Obnoxious music insertion, amv tier storytelling, sensationalist garbage dependent on muh earthquake incident, 1-dimensional characters, nonsensical plot, mediocre character animation, half-baked thematic delivery, hackneyed dialogue. Overall it's pretty much the worst anime film of the decade

>Koe no Katachi
Great storytelling, very delicate direction, careful use of sound mixing, complex imagery, actually grounded and realistic except for that one moment, memorable characters, meaningful themes, meticulous character acting. Probably an AOTY contender.

>>>Becomes the contender for Oscar Nomination

Ahahaha oh wow.

This, Kimi no na wa should be first, it's vastly superior

It is.

Yamada should do another Tamako Love Story desu. While the ending is also considered as pretentious, it has nice closing compared to Koe no Katachi.

Even Madoka is a contender for Oscar Nomination. Pretty low bar.

Fuck you I enjoyed both movies.

Both use "nice animation".
Both have flaws in their theme.

Why can't it happen every year then?

>contender for Oscar Nomination

That literally just means someone filled out a form and it screened in one theater in Los Angeles County.

And?

>one has extremely detailed animated hand signs
>the other has good wallpapers
Checkmate OP

why do people like you exist?

Kyoani are always angry since they didn't win at anything recently.
>Made fanservice garbage musaigen no phantom world
BTFO by the underdog konosuba S1
>Made sequel of their serious show hibike euphonium S2
Got hit by karma and overshadowed by sports anime yaoi on ice
>Made movie adaptation from award winning dramatic manga koe no katachi
A dramatic event in anime industry happened, highest grossing anime movie kimi no nawa
>Rematch against konosuba S2 with maid dragon
Shat on by low budget 3DCG show with 5 animator and newbie director.

I really enjoyed 君の名は but holy shit, that last 20 minutes nearly ruined the entire thing for me. The ending was so painfully obvious after the entire evacuation part the movie only really needed to be 5 minutes long tops after it. And yet they kept dragging out the goddamn buildup forever, pointless fucking "emotional" scenes of them looking back over their shoulder what seems like a half hour. Screen time that could have been much better dedicated into developing the girl's character and how living in a massive bustling city has changed her view of the life she spent in a quiet small village that she had come to resent. But no, that would be too interesting. Have a half hour long buildup to a scene that everyone knew was coming. Seriously after all the wank leading up to it the final scene on the stairs was ridiculously underwhelming.

That's basically how I felt about 5cm/s.
If thats true then I see no reason to watch this ridiculous crapshoot

The rest of the movie is absolutely brilliant though and well deserving the attention it gets. It's just that the post-climax ending was horribly paced.

both are shit

>this guy has eyeballs made out of $15 Kodak cameras