Isekai thread

>Implying the magical race of ultimate craftsmen can forge something as complex as a proper ka-ta-na

Stupid dragon, don't underestimate japanese swordsmiths!

Oh no, the poor samurai. What will she do when she gets a weapon made of good steel?

Why are isekai with inventors and tactician MCs so rare?

Just make a thread about a specific series instead of making your daily generic general which is just a stealth WN/LN rec thread.

Because they are even worse. Instead of an MC who uses protagonist power to win fights you get a protagonist who uses protagonist power to revolutionize the entire world, whose opponents are dumb as fuck and allow him to win battles with ridiculously bad tactics and who face opponents so strong that they still need protagonist power to win their fights.

I don't think that's why they are rare.
Most isekai are chuuni-fantasies that the autist decided to sit down and write. And for some goddamn reason the nips like that shit.
Most autist's chuuni self-insert power fantasy usually involves them being some sort of super gary-stu snowflake with a harem.
Also most isekai authors wouldn't be able to write tactictian or inventor MCs because they don't even take 5 minutes to check some wiki for basic worldbuilding consistency.

If the MC wasn't such a nobody I really think this would have been a decent LN

but those inventor isekai are exactly the same
>mc builds guns
>levels up 500 times
>meets vampire loli
woah
amazing writing

I think it's decent so far despite the nobody MC. His companions carry it.
This was genuinely funny as hell.

Because they're usually done fucking terribly. And about ninety percent of them don't seem to understand that people in the past/fantasy settings aren't stupid.

Huh? Where does that happen?
Anyway, I was thinking about more stuff like Realist's Kingdom or RW.

>Idols

Ahahaha.

FOLDED 1 GOJIRRION TIMES

Yeah, the idolshit and the excessive haremisms ruined it, but it was so close to being good.

dont forget about that superior japanese cusine

Haven't even read the OP image, but let me guess, mayo?

Raw fish and Rice.

No, in the OP he magically got access to an interdimensional space that's a large expanse of land filled with nature from his world. So he starts trading these otherworldly fruits and building a mutlicultural city in that space.

It's a pretty good hook. I hear it goes to shit but I'm interested in the manga for now.

I want an anti-Isekai series.
Brutal and cunning demon special ops agent takes out all the neet trash washing up in his world before they fuck it up with their otherworldly knowledge, cheat powers and broken items; crushes weeaboo fantasies.

Can he also kill the wuxia?

That's part of one of the more popular isekai shows. But the protagonist prevails anyway.

which manga is this?

That gave me an idea.
Now I wanna see a reverse-isekai where the demons and the humans are both coming to our world to steal our tech and they're in a constant arms race.

>talking shit about war god Makoto
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Nah, we have or gallant and powerful Japanese Army to protect us.

Because the author is the one writing it, you can't write a character smarter than yourself without making it seem like a gary stu.

Lets find out how long this thread will last

Silly user.
The demon king decided to come to our world to steal knowledge and tech for his conquest of fantasy-land because of readily available information is. The 1st Demon Wikipedia Brigade is born.
Before long, the humans catch wind of it and set up their own wikipedia-brigade in our world.

I want a three chapter long isekai manga featuring the standard weebneet isekai fanboy, have him completely fail to introduce any modern technology because he doesn't actually know how to make anything (because he's a retarded dropout otaku). He ends up looking like a lunatic, his social anxiety and poor social skills get him and he fails to catch any harem waifus, and he ends up starving to death in the street because he's a talentless, good for nothing NEET with even less applicable skills than in real life

Who would be the fanbase?

It's okay the MC is loyal to his waifu in alternate world and becomes a demon king

Contrarian angsty elitists
As if you wouldn't buy a figure of a dying hobo or a daki of a bunch of monster/elf girls being creeped the fuck out by you

i fucking wish,
chink love to make shitty parodies of their own or other country isekai. I saw lot of weird shit but nothing for the pov of fantasy land resident fucking up neets

I Read like 1100 chapters of I Shall Seal The Heavens before realizing that it was the Novel version of a Clicker Game.
Automatically dropped it, still will not get my time back. Wuxia never more.

No, you'd only have figurines of the hot girls in the series with disgusted faces.
Wish we got more mc figurines though

Isn't the dragon in op just a massive weeaboo that spends all her time watching historical dramas and asked a bunch of dwarves to make a katana without actually explaining the stupid japanese sword smithing method?

>Expect a thinly-veiled excuse for the author to write about his lactation fetish
>It's actually a fairly well-written isekai with great art, an MC that is manning up fast, no cheat abilities or videogame mechanics, and a world of technologically savvy fantasy races that have machineguns and rifles in their arsenal.
>Also delicious tits.

IT's a bit early to say, but this may really be the best isekai in recent memory.

What is it?
Isekai that does something different from the usual medieval magic fantasy demon king shit is always nice to see.

why did that goddess treat him so badly?

that was garbage, unfortunately
lactation is great

Nectar of Dharani. The MC was a little shitty the first couple chapters but it was understandable, and by the fifth he's changing himself quickly.

What was?

I would love an x com esque show/LN where the natives grab our tech to fight against us

try this one
>TONDEMO SKILL DE ISEKAI HOUROU MESHI
the isekai protagonist is the party cook

Why is isekai almost always in medieval fantasy worlds? Don't bring up muv-luv, that's just one.
Why noone ever gets isekai'd in an industrial world?
Or ancient not-rome, not-greece, not-china, etc.

Don't forget best girl.

twelve kingdoms is fantasy china

cause that's not cool
fantasy is cool and nips love dragon quest.

Now that you mention it, we almost got a (game) tactician MC in 12-beast, but the editor decided it was better if he was secretly a japanes highschool super ninja and it was changed for the serialized version.

Wait...are those muskets the soldiers are holding?
Picked up.

Because industrial worlds would require more extensive worldbuilding than "dragon quest lol", and an industrialized world would be less impressed by the MC's magic knowledge of how to make soy sauce.

ELVEN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WOOOORLD

Worldbuilding is easy though.
Just take different historical paths and account for different geography.
How refreshing it would be if someone would get isekai'd in industrial-age not-romanempire.
Have them be at war with not-china over resources of the new continent.
Shove in a french-revolution, because every industrial era story must have a revolution, and you're golden.

It's easier to just skip it and say "videogames lol".

dont bother
it's shit

Try some Korean novels, those gooks love to mix in modern elements.
I'm still mad about that sword hero who blew his cover for coca cola.

I was thinking of something like Isekai Hero vs Yuusha. Basically set the Isekai Hero to be the arch nemesis of the world's natural chosen one.

korean shit is even worse than japanese isekai

Because video games. Or rather, one specific video game.

What is?

Muskets are.

Fuck you, nigga

Get yourself a real weapon and stop dying.

>Try picking up Nigotta Hitomi no Lilianne because surprisingly few series have an isekai from the perspective of a baby
>Lilli is born blind, but can sense magical energy a la Daredevil - an interesting handicap for an isekai series
>Keep reading
>Chapters upon chapters of the MC detailing his practice of magical energy (temp) which does nothing right now except make words like Hunter X Hunter
>All world building is conveniently laid out by a fairy, leaving out any intrigue the MC's new world could have (why not build up to something unique, as the MC's blindness could always leave him surprised with new developments?)
>my consciousness flew (and other weird WN phrases)
>it's another generic fantasy world with beastmen, elves, dwarves, etc

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN

At least we get a setting that looks like 400 years later than when every other isekai takes place.
It's not much, but it's something.

Isekai is a shit genre for shit writers. Abandon any hope of any of it ever being good.

Isekai is not a shit genre, but when a major part of the current crop of isekai stories come from Japan's fanfiction.net, then it's hardly surprising almost everything sucks major ass.

yes, because every school setting ever is any better

Bookworm has interesting take on world building, maybe I'm just a retard, but I completely missed one plot point being foreshadowed.

Though it goes in a weird direction.

>inventors and tactician MC
Because then you get this
>7 high school students that got caught in an airplane accident wake up, in a middle age like fantasy different world where magic and beast-man (juujin) exist.

>But they do not panic at their current situation!?

>They build a nuclear plant in a world without electricity, they control the economy of a large city in a short work's trip, and finally for their benefactor's sake who are suffering from the misgoverment, they declare war on the evil nobles.

>So... none of them is a normal high school student, each of them are super human high school students that stand at the top of politics, economics, science and medicine!

Unfortunately, upon entering our world, he loses his demonic powers and is forced to work part-time at a WcDonalds in order to survive.

That one isn't even that bad right now, the only problem is the super politician white-haired heterochomic MC has done fuckall besides inventing Mayonnaise and building a hotspring.

Jewbro's adventures were good though.

It goes to shit real fast so enjoy it while you can

Highschool settings can be nuanced. Isekai nuance seems to exclusively be relegated to minor setting changes and different "Cheat powers" for the main character.

>Brutal and cunning demon special ops agent takes out all the neet trash washing up in his world before they fuck it up with their otherworldly knowledge

How about instead the Demon shows up in our world and rallies all the Neets who have been abandoned by society to overthrow it and take back control? Lots of socio-political commentary opportunities between the Demon Lords common sense and the Neets who work with him, and people are complete suckers for that.

They're really, really badly written.

Let's be frank: Unless you're a genius yourself, it's really hard to think of cunning and clever plans. If the MC's entire gimmick is "I invent shit" or "I'm really, really smart", it'd come off as contrived.

While not an isekai, the protagonist of Aldonah/Zero is a dude who has "I have access to wikipedia" as a superpower, defeating Super Robots with basic science and bullshit. It's as retarded as it sounds.

This is surprisingly good. Hot, too.

I hate the little shit of main character.

The baseline of the genre is wish fulfillment.
>what if I could restart my life that I made dumb decisions in in a [VIDEO GAME/SUSPICIOUSLY GENERIC FANTASY WORLD/ALTERNATE HISTORY] and have [A COOL POWER THAT MAKES ME THE BEST]

How many isekai are there where the major plot revolves around mc constantly trying to get back?

Guys you need to help me. What's a decent JP isekai for me to read? I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel so much I've broken through the bottom and am now digging at the barrel underneath, and all that's in there is Korean and Chinese webnovels.

On a side note, I've observed that for Koreans and to a lesser extent chinks, their meme weapon is the spear, as the katana is to nips.

Why is this?

A really interesting isekai series is actually a Western novel, the Acts of Caine. In that one, the people sent to other worlds (just one other world, actually) are in fact highly trained professionals, who pose as 'adventurers'.

Basically, you'll learn how to fight and kill on earth, then they'll send you over there (with your adventures livestreamed to an audience) to have blood-soaked adventures in a gritty medieval setting. There's some pretty interesting gimmicks, like magic not in fact working on earth: you can't actually cast spells until you get to the Otherworld.

Also, while humans can become clerics, the Gods KNOW they're from Earth. One guy became a powerful Paladin, but he was always known as the Devil Knight (i.e. they think earthlings are demons.)

>"Cheat powers" for the main character.

Why does no character in these ever has to fight or learn their powers? Why can't they be at a reasonable power level? I don't get why they always have to be ultra-OP since it means they are never challenged, nothing is ever dangerous. The whole story has no tension. It's just a ride to see what new "super dangerous" shows up next only to get BTFO instantly... And without the interesting commentary of OPM.

>I only read the current crop of post-SAO garbage isekai, this means that's everything the genre has to offer.

>implying /r/ boards know shit
Who else to ask but Sup Forums? Also answer my question about the spear.

/wsr/ was literally created for Sup Forums, so that people like you would ask over there instead of here. Fuck off.

What should I be reading then, because no isekai I have ever read has risen above "Okay" with the vast majority being relegated to "Irredeemable trash"

>19th century setting
>gattling guns
Ok, I can forgive that.
>LITERALLY NOONE EVER RELOADS, RAMRODS OR ANYTHING
God damnit isekai-authors. At least take 5 minutes to google how the fuck the era you're trying to portray actually looked like.

Stuff that came out before SAO is a decent bet. Escaflowne is an amazing anime and it's pure isekai.

> Why does no character in these ever has to fight or learn their powers? Why can't they be at a reasonable power level?

I completely get you, but it's worth pointing out that anyone who has to 'learn to fight' is fucked. You will never, ever be able to learn how to fight as well as a native of the world, who has years more experience.

Like, you may learn how to swing a sword around after six months of training. But a knight will have spent ten years learning the way of the sword, and magic, and he's probably killed people before. You will have the shit slapped out of your mouth.

It's bullshit, but super powers are the only reason why you wouldn't get curbstomped. I mean, unless you can fart lightning bolts or you have 'special' magic, you'll get anally reamed in every fight ever.

To give a good example, it's like getting fencing lessons for six months, then having to fight Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls 3.

>how the fuck the era you're trying to portray actually looked like
>how ... like
This bothers me every time people do it.
It's either "how", or it's "what ... like". Don't mix the two up.

>/wsr/ was literally created for Sup Forums
Barely any of the threads in the catalog are Sup Forums related. Neck yourself, faggot. I'm not interested in sitting in an empty thread for hours for a reply that may or may not come.

Now are you going to discuss why non-nip isekai has the katana meme replaced with a spear meme, or are you going to continue bitching about my question?

>I'm not interested in sitting in an empty thread for hours for a reply that may or may not come.
Then start a new trend there by answering other people's requests. /wsr/ is only shit because people like you are shit.

So, "like" can't be used in a question, since how defines it?

/wsr/ is shit because no one has any reason to go there unless they want something answered, so It's a low-population board where most people don't know shit.

I'm not about to take responsibility for a board I never visit. Now stop it with the off topic shit.

>You are 43 years old and get teleported to a new world
>Cheat abilities and all dat shit
>Your first party has an oppai loli and a tsundere elf loli
>They are getting smashed by the paladin every night in a threesome

Legit made me fucking mad and I don't know why.

_____________SAO___________

>an industrialized world would be less impressed by the MC's magic knowledge of how to make soy sauce.
I laughed.

Why? You're not entitled to the girls just because you're the Chosen One. I mean, look at the Paladin! He's hot, he's big on honor and nobility, and he has a six-pack.

I'd fuck him. I'd fuck him so hard.