Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

other than the low res and crappy quality?

Glasses. That was easy.

Bad at Kill-Ballad.

Hello, Kai.

Siscon

Is it time for robots?

Not Frau

It's time.

We are the legendary heroes, The Gunvarrel!

What went wrong, why did it fail?

That's not a flaw, you pleb.

A poor adaptation that had awful pacing and cut out the MC's depression, which was what the internal conflict was supposed to be about. R;N was supposed to be an inspirational journey following him and seeing Aki's dream pull him out of his despair.

Personally, I didn't give a crap about the plot, I'd prefer just silly robot fights with the two mains slowly getting together instead of all the subplots and mysteries that we've got. Or maybe their execution could've been done better.

I cant I need a pro tip.

Hahaha

> Stuck in a show that doesn't know what it wants to do with its billion and 2 subplots

Aki and the cast deserved better than Robotic;Notes.

Not real

BOKUTACHI WA

Kimijima Ko did nothing wrong.

HITOTSU NI NARERU

Im from the future.
Zero's anime has 12 episodes.

Still not as bad as Chaos;Head or Chaos;Child's adaptation

Oh yeah, without a doubt. At this point it seems like some kind of delusional fantasy that anything other than S;X entries will be adapted well. Why is it so difficult to do it right? Just follow the goddamn script you have from the source material and you'd solve half of the problems.

Too few episodes, not enough time to properly get things done.

Im not gonna try to justify their mistakes while making the adaptation, but after playing Chaos;Head I can tell that making a proper adaptation with only 12 episodes available is impossible. The game is much longer than that.
"Following the script" would result in a 40 hour anime which is insane.
Steins;Gate's content was not a copy-paste of the visual novel, it was cut and altered to fit a much shorter time window. No nae time leap, no in-depth time travel debate, no multiple endings, moeka d-mail arc shortened, and many other things I can't recall now.

/thread

Shit taste as usual.

Needs more DUHUHU

Cuckd

O;9 has the best adaptation out of the bunch which is actually better than the source, but it isn't even proper SciADV.

Well, SVN has its own precedent to set. But I can't say the adaptation was good. The episode count crunched it far too much.

She isn't real and also my wife

The original LN volumes were bloated, slow and poorly structured. The anime sped up the pace in ever way imagineable and made appropriate changes where necessary to fix that. It defenitely wasn't your standard "let's just keep the story the same but try and fit into a much smaller space" rushed adapation. It actually, y'know, adapted the story for a new medium.

>The LN volumes were bloated

Christ, if the O;9 adaptation is their idea of not bloated then I really don't want to see what's next. I'll give you that they did a good job adapting it to the medium, but the episode count still turned many episodes into exposition dumps with so much information being crammed in that the characterization suffered as a result. It really needed more room to breathe even in the anime.

MONO

"Bloated" refers to having too much content in the wrong places where it gets in the way of the story. The anime either removes of rearranges all that content so that it is always in service of the story.
It wasn't a character focused narrative though.This can be said for any of Chiyomaru's stories. It's characters were distinct, for the most part understandable, and the mainest of them went through positive arcs. They weren't explored in any depth, but they never needed to be. The narrative had enough to offer with its concepts, mysteries and twists that it remained interesting without overly focusing on the charcters.
I think that giving it "more room to breath" would've killed a lot of the series' style and individuality. It's fast-paced, non-stop narrative made it feel full and different. Every episode had something new, intereting and important happening, and every scene felt crammed to the full with information and meaning. It having no downtime is what made the show unique.