Methylphenidates

What's the consensus on these and other mind-altering medications? I've been recently diagnosed with ADHD and instead of actual therapy, the first thing my doctor suggested was putting me on Ritalin. I'm not comfortable with using drugs to modify my own mind though and I can't really trust these things. Is this another Jewish trick?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315884.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slide as fuck. Sage.

Yeah, George Soros is totally paying me good money for this. Fuck off.

If you're an adult you might benefit from it more than anti-depressants.

ADD/ADHD and the long list of other made up “disorders” don’t exist and the “treatments” are not effective

It’s the pharmajew and the psychiatricjew working together to take your money

ADHD in adults is often misdiagnosed as depression. I'm not a doctor but I can only assume taking antidepressants when you are not clinically depressed could be a bad thing

Got the diagnosis too and have tried both main groups of adhd drugs for several weeks, methylphenidate and amphetamines (only dexamfetamines though like vyvanse). They do help you concentrate and get shit done for a while, but then your brain adapts and it loses potency. Another thing is that they turn you into a robot/zombie and kills your creativity (also made me depressed after a while). I definitely wouldn't take it every day for a long time like a year or longer, I just take ritalin once in a while now.

Get the drug but ask for therapy. Sell the drug to college students.

are you actually that weak of a person that you need an image board's (dis)approval to take medication or is this ACTUALLY a slide thread?

I do find it hard to believe that I have ADHD because it only affects 4% of the population and I feel "normal", I think I'm just lazy and neurotic which shouldn't need a label to solve, if anything labeling it makes it worse

>they turn you into a robot/zombie and kills your creativity
Okay, that's what I was afraid of.
Thanks, I'll tell my (((doctor))) to shove it.

I am a very weak person. Not soyboy tier but, well, close.

Don't do it. Grew up in Surrey also have ADHD and got these pills in the 90's. Later I got into raving and liked meth as it was good for dancing 8 hours straight. Meth is fun before it isn't..... Anyway, they feel the same. I'm fine this was a long time ago. Don't touch these things....... You have too much energy.... Go play sports.

Look into TRT before trying Ritalin or Adderral. Stimulants are a hell of a lot better than anti-depressants though.

Adderall is the best study drug. Got me through undergrad and will get me through grad school next year.

>adderall
>the filthy drug of the unwashed masses

Desoxyn is the supreme gentleman's drug of choice

This. It's actually harder to get a prescription for stimulants than it is opiates. They restrict the fuck out of it because it's unironically the good stuff

Adderall is the shit.

I've got Asperger's, never felt like I had ADD or anything but I tried it for the first time at 24 years old and I had mental clarity I never knew possible.

I went from not being able to stay on track of a single story to being able to do different things with both of my hands and telling a story without issue.

Not only that it makes you feel good and want to do things, which also makes you feel good and want to do more things. Its a compound effect and if you use that drive wisely you can make massive improvements in your life.

This. Don't fall for it. Your doctor is a quack. Tell him to fuck off and find another that isn't so stupid.

Same story except I was 20 and it absolutely changed my life. It also changed my eating habits so weight is never an issue. Considering Americas obesity problem you'd think it would be more acceptable

I've always been a skinny fuck but at the same time it helps me get on a normal sleeping schedule and makes me motivated to do things like running, eating well and in general taking care of things I'd normally neglect.

I've never taken more than half a pill at a time and it makes me feel amazing. The amount of mental clarity I get feels endless. I never knew how cluttered and disorganized my head was on a daily basis until I tried it. That's one thing I never would've known had I never tried it.

>tfw my life would have been completely different had I been diagnosed early

This thread is 18+

I meant board someone end me I don't even want to be here.

This board is 18+. Come back when you're older.

It's actually very effective in terms of focusing, I did an study once comparing to an study done in transcendental meditation of tibetan monks, and the results speak for themselves.

They don't make you smarter tough, and you will not learn better, just stay focused for longer.

I can relate so much to the mental fog you talk about and it's so frustrating only being able to use like 50% of my mental capacity most of the time. I'm very curious about adderall but can't get it where I live, only tried vyvanse which is great during the come up for like 2 hours and then it's like you pay it back after going below baseline. Best clarity I've had is with coke, it's like my IQ rises 20 points and everything is crystal clear, absolutely amazing.

All drugs should be legalized and stims are redpilled

Only Stims and psychedelics should be legalized. Opiates and Alcohol are Bluepilled.

I got diagnosed with ADHD and took everything from SSRIs to Vyvanse to adderall to pure dex to methylphenidate. The latter was, for me, far and away the least effective. But what worked better than any of the medications was getting in a better headspace that made my work feel meaningful instead of pointless (so concentration came more naturally), and getting more exercise.

Don't fall for the pharmajew. You have the inner resources to overcome your afflictions without chemical crutches. These pills will turn you into someone you are not. Don't take them unless you have tried literally EVERYTHING else.

Good luck and godspeed user.

LEGAL METH IS AWESOME

iits medical meth, sell it to ur friends and don't take that shit, its jewy to give it to children, its addictive and changes your outlook on life

Tell me about the difference between adderall and vyvanse, adderall is much better right?

Crush it up and do a line of it. It's pretty fire

DON'T follow your doctor's probably prescription of using it 2x a day. Instead, try a 5mg dose and see how you feel. Use only when you really need it. Ritalin is a powerful medication to reshape your pleasures through the dopamine pathways. For example you can program yourself to like studying(or make it less boring) using it.
Ritalin and Nicorette saved my life. But use wisely.

Approach first; Diet, and Exercise.
Find a chiropractor under the Maximized Living Umbrella in your area.
Meds is the last thing you want to use.

Adhd: So, do you bounce off of walls? Cant sit still? Get in constant trouble at school and home?
What are they or you trying to correct?

You can't snort vyvanse it has to be modified in your stomach, or as harder to abuse

Nice one! Supplement income!

Definitely know what you mean about clarity I absolutely agree and it's interesting that you've kept the dosage the same because that's also what I've done with 20mg a day and I've never felt the need to increase it. I honestly think that's the difference between people it works for and people who just want a high.

OP. I was recently diagnosed with ADD and for me, the medication works like a charm. My thoughts are normally racing from left to right, and I have trouble focussing on certain things. With the medication, my brain is more at easy, and my concentration is good.
I do take therapy and a class for (young) adults who are recently diagnosed with it, to be less angry.
I am very angry at teachers in the past, who just said I was a troubled kid, instead of taking it seriously. I have litterally wasted more then 20 years with bull shit studies and jobs because I failed all the time, while my IQ is 114 (officially tested). It sucks.

You're an INTP I take it? Otherwise known as "I'm smarter than you but too lazy to prove it right now" disorder

in my case it worked well for my adhd but i felt robotic and also limp dicked

I don't believe I am a smart person and "smart but lazy" is just an excuse
I also believe MBTI is a bunch of bogus when the one actual psychologists use is OCEAN

as for the drug I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions here so maybe it will be better to just find another doctor

if u have insurance just get the pill bottle and sell them. I get 90 Adderall pills a month for $11 bucks with insurance I sell the bottle for $175. usually its the same guy buying the entire bottle so its not like I'm sitting on the corner or driving around the hood selling drugs. usually it's suburban whites who buy

>Blaming pharmaceuticals

>Not blaming degenerate rave culture and your own stupid decision to indulge in dirty street drugs

This is the problem

You have to understand, it reacts different for everyone! Be very careful what works excellent for you will not solve others problems especially if they have no neurological or any depletion in the frontal lobes like many of us. Do what i said first in my first reply

I'd vote for that

For sure. Any of these drugs will hamper development of your brain and body!

>actual therapy
if youre worried to jewish tricks i hate to break it to you friend..

Yeah..for the better. The first day I ever took it the Boston marathon happened and my feverish need to investigate something made me look into it, notice some serious fuckery and I've been chasing the redpills ever since. Don't forget that one of those leaked emails back in the day specifically contained the phrase "unaware and complacent citizenry"

That's why they tell you it's bad

Certainly useful if you use them quite rarely.

I think they are problematic in daily use.

t. ADHD

You get busted and you will be fucked!

Yea I know it's a prodrug, took it orally for a while. Still would like to know the difference between vyvanse and adderall, are they pretty much the same with just a bit more kick to the add or what? Come on guys I NEED TO KNOW

Out of curiosity why aren't stimulants prescribed for depression? Most people I know on anti-depressants are more fat and unhappy than they were before they started taking them?

I tried Vyvanse which is a long acting ADHD med and it gave me horrible anxiety. As far as antidepressants, I was on multiple, but the last one was Cymbalta and it took me over 3 months to wean off of and, 4 months later, I'm still struggling with withdrawal and suicidal thoughts.

Took it
Made me angry as fuck so I stoppdd

>instead of actual therapy
ADHD is a neurological disorder. it's not "think like this, and you'll function like everyone else."
certain compounds help increase neurotransmitter levels in relevant areas (such as the prefrontal cortex) to near-normal levels.
pharmacological therapy is the best possible thing you can use against it.

>I'm not comfortable with using drugs to modify my own mind though
everything you do modifies your mind. you cannot escape this.

>and I can't really trust these things.
but you'd rather trust 4ch Sup Forums than your doctor? if anything's wrong with your mind, then that's probably it.

>made up “disorders"
sure. because it's not like MRI/CAT scans can detect the difference in neurological functioning.

>the “treatments” are not effective
that's a fascinating claim given the vast evidence of the contrary

>your brain adapts and it loses potency
tolerance. common for many psychoactive meds. you simply need to up the dose slightly, and then it'll be balanced.

>I feel "normal"
there is no way for you to have a concept of what that feels like

try combining [people with depression] and [stimulant comedowns] and you'll see what happens

Psychiatry is pseudo science

What about neurology?

You leafs need to address your drug problem. You guys look bad in comparison to the U.S.

>I need drugs to study and not be lazy

No. You just lack motivation. You'll get bad withdrawals too if you take that shit. Don't do it.

>I'm not comfortable with using drugs to modify my own mind

I hate this attitude, it's totally fucking retarded and comes from a place of ignorance posing as informed skepticism. look asshole, everything your body does is just chemistry with proteins mediating. that includes all functions of the nervous system. if you had kidney failure, would you be "comfortable with using drugs to modify your own kidneys?"

if you can function normally without the drugs, then whoop de doo, you don't really have ADHD. if you can't, then be sure to sign up for autism bux.

nothing to do with studying, it's because I struggle in the workplace, and then I struggle with priorities at home because I can't think straight and just default back to wasting time on video games again

I never went to college and I never will; im not smart enough

I’ve been on Concerta for about 8 years and while I’ve largely adapted to it and feel pretty “normal” now, it completely changed my life. I have no complaints other than for the first 2 years, I fucking CRASHED around 10pm every night. Like I’d be wide awake and then instantly be exhausted. I think this is because I’ve never slept particularly well and so the concerts just masked the fatigue. Otherwise, it was amazing. I went from being an unmotivated and lazy line cook to making 6 figures as an iOS developer in about 4 years. I don’t think I’ll ever be happy without it. That’s the only thing I worry about. I know that one day I’ll have to ditch it.

modern day witch doctors

That's called lack of motivation. You're not motivated enough to take care of adult shit. You've probably been pampered too much as a kid growing up and now you're a dumb ass. Maybe you need to become a homeless starving bum first to find that motivation within you.

ill slide a turd down your faggot throat

feel free to explain the flaws of this study:
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315884.php

it's almost like certain areas of the brain are tied to higher executive functions such as motivation and emotional control are semi-broken in this certain neurological condition, and stimulants help restore function...

well then hopefully I'll die in the process

>tolerance. common for many psychoactive meds. you simply need to up the dose slightly, and then it'll be balanced.

Problem is that it lowers your own ability to produce dopamine naturally after a while. This is why you turn into a robot/zombie, you just get a flat level of dopamine which hinders creativity and drive to do anything, and also concentration. At least that's what happened to me, I tried lots of difference dosages, that is not the issue.

>the same poster
>same doubles
>1000 posts apart

You don't need drugs tho that's my point. If someone put a gun to your head and said get a job or something you'd do it.

Maybe you need anti depressents. Idk man only you can help yourself. Good luck breh

Fix your country cuck

They are the same besides the anti abuse element in vyvanse

Cram as much methyl-phenidate salt into your mouth and colon as physically possible, literally. It's the only way to defend against the homo gene.

Are you saying they feel the same? I don't think that's true. If you meant they are the same chemically then I know that's not true, vyvanse is pure d-amph, while adderall is a mix between d- and l-amph, which are the 2 enantiomer that makes up amphetamines.

>Boomers

Stalker ?

Lower long term efficacy in some populations (larger than with TCAs and SSRIs) and abuse potential.

Also, previous concerns of triggering mania in undiagnosed bipolar depression

neuropsychopharmacologically speaking, that shouldn't be an issue while you're medicated. the mph should cover for it. it should, however, be noticed temporarily during withdrawal. if anything, you probably noticed the serotonergic effects on various emotional centers.

>A depressed person will get out bed and get dressed if you put a gun to their head and tell them to

>A person with a painful limp will run as good as they can across the room multiple times if you put a gun to their head and tell them to

it's almost like that's completely irrelevant. pharmaceuticals help people function in a sustainable way.

Makes sense. I always thought bipolar was kind of a meme until I met someone who had bipolar II and that shit is no joke they are absolutely fucking detached from reality. They also had a xanax and OxyContin addiction which obviously didn't help either

you know what your real problem is if you are using Sup Forums and the solution is not a jewish diagnosis or jewish pills

>You don't need drugs tho that's my point. If someone put a gun to your head and said get a job or something you'd do it.
Actually no. I would rather die than doing something under threat.

not worth it

pharma jew 101

>neuropsychopharmacologically speaking, that shouldn't be an issue while you're medicated. the mph should cover for it. it should, however, be noticed temporarily during withdrawal.

I don't think you understand emil, I know it will "cover" in the sense that it will keep the level of dopamine high, but the way the brain works, at least my brain I'm pretty sure, is that you need a reward to incentivize any activity. If it's always there, there is no incentive and you become zombieish.

the dopamine downregulation as a response to elevated dopamine levels caused by the mph dopamine reuptake inhibition will of course only temporarily be the way it is, until you're done with the withdrawal.

but I get your point. it's strange, because a lot of people treated by both mph and amph feel like they're more "connected" to what they really need to do - and then feel more motivated to do it. they're not just nullified. sorry it didn't work that well for you

>the dopamine downregulation as a response to elevated dopamine levels caused by the mph dopamine reuptake inhibition will of course only temporarily be the way it is, until you're done with the withdrawal.

Pretty sure this is just not true, at least for me. The drugs have worked somewhat well in the first days or few weeks and have then become less potent with increasing zombie like side effects. I realize it works well for a lot of people and have wondered why that is. Might be that the drop in my own ability to produce dopamine is just larger than others. Or maybe my system is just so fucked the drop pretty much takes away the little dopamine I am able to produce.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD about 6 years ago. Started taking ritalin about that time. I honestly wouldn't recommend using it every day cause it's quite depressing really. But just use it to study, it helps a shitload for that

Only take meds if you can't function without them.

Good rule of thumb

So many shit comments I won't give retarded comments any (you)'s. So, time to learn you fuckers who use stims how to use stims.

The rules for using Stims:
1: Find your THERAPUTIC WINDOW dosage and STICK with it!
2: Eat well, and healthy. Lots of veggies for the vitamines, fish(not every day, and never farmed)
3: Check your vitamine values(blood test) regurarly. You will probably need extra vitamines because using Stims is basically a loan. D vit in morning if you're with, B-Vit Total and Magnesium around 18:00. And C-vitamines 30 mins before bedtime. Because you will use alot more vitamines than normal, and using this keeps TOLERANCE down, thus never needing to up your dose
4:Proteins, important! Keep your muscle mass, helps the medicine work well. Eat nuts or similar throughout the day
5:Keep hydrated
6:Work out about 30 min every morning BEFORE medication

If you follow this you will keep tolerance down and never feel the need to up the dose.

The common mistakes of stim users:
1:Not eating enough
2:Lacks vitamines, poor diet
3:On wrong medication
4:Thinking theraputic dosage is when you are "speedy", thus upping the dose when you lose the speedy feeling and euphoria that WILL disappear. When the medication makes you do what you have to(cleaning, working, reading etc) stop upping and keep the dose as low as possible

Probably alot more, but a good guide on "Drug-Forums". A bit outdated, and if you don't research the drug you use, don't eat, take too much etcetc and complain you're an idiot.

Be smart, stims can help those who lacks dopamine production(proably because factors like short-span shit shows like Family Guy and constant TV watching.. anyways, other discussion why this happens). Misuse it, act like a druggie and skipping eating and vitamines etc will destroy your body and burn your brain. Amazes me to read some of you idiots complaining about side effects and have done none fucking research on even the simplest thing like keeping tolerance down..

Don't take them, they Fuck with your reward system. They make you feel smart at first but over time it makes you feel stupider. Doctors tell you to increase he dosage, repeat until your feet turn purple, you can always hear your heartbeat, your pupils dilate etc. get off while you can bro

*D-Vitamines if white*
Alot more to write, but its so much I will give a few keywords for you to google. Learning your body, your medicine, how it works etc is VITAL.

PH levels in your stomack(unless vyvanse) affects how much amphetamines that are absorbed. So, acidic foods before medicine decreases the absorbtion of amphetamines, while more base-food increases it. Taking things like hearthburn tablets(I am not American, so don't know what brands you got and what they have in them) 30-1h before using will potentiate your medication. Only do this if you have been eating shit food like pizza, burgers etc and drinking poisions like soda and energydrinks. DO NOT DO THIS OFTEN!! Change your lifestyle. Amphetamines are strong drugs, but in low dosages(still a dangerous drug if used like idiots ITT) can be a very good medicine for those who lack dopamine production. Changing your lifestyle is VITAL, so follow at a very minimum the rules above. Also forgot to include how important sleep is, minimum 7-8 every night, and having routines.

Research, there is much more. What i've written here is an absolute minimum for using amphetamines daily. Other things to jewgle is "medicine vecation" etc. This will also keep tolerance down, learn to know your body. Some might not need a vecation from amphetamines, some do.

Note, that I am writing about types of Amphetamines, and counts even for misuse of shitdrugs like Adderall and Meth. I've read too little on Ritalin to know, but I am quite sure most of these rules goes for Ritalin as well.

Key is healthy lifestyle, Stims are a loan and needs proteins and vitamines higher than usual. Health is vital as inactivity, smoking, sugar etc will be your worst enemy if stimming.

Then you either are using wrong medication, or you didn't follow Dialeted pupils is a overdose symptom(in simple words, not a OD, but a recriational dose which is counter productive). Purple feet is because stims are making your blood vessels thighter, so smoking, too high dose, not working out will cause cold feet and hands. If doesn't work(pluss a bit more really but too lazy to find it all now). its either too high dose, wrong medicine or if neither of those maybe you don't lack dopamine production and is misdiagnosed(brain scans can show)

For those of you prescribed adderall I highly suggest consulting your doctor to switch you to dexedrine. Adderall contains both the right hand and left hand amphetamine enantiomers. The left hand enantiomers is associated with significantly more PNS stimulation, while the right hand enantiomer primarily stimulates the CNS. This means adderall has more side effects on your bodily functions, e.g cardiovascular with noticble reconstruction. The brand label dexedrine contains only the contains only dextroamphetamine, the right hand enantiomer. This drug is incredibly cleaner than adderall and it's variants and from my experience is the most superior option. It has fallen out of fashion since the generic became available decades ago. The pharmaceutical industry must keep making new combos and marketing them to insure more profit, hence adderall is even falling out of fashion for newer mixtures.
Tldr dexedrine "og amphetamine" >>> all others.

I only take them when I absolutely need to (test taking, 4 hour classes, 3 hour drives) others I don't. Ritalin is fast acting and doesn't need to build up in your system to work so you can start and stop at any time. It is a substance that ppl can abuse but i personally haven't had an issue bc i hate the way it makes me feel. Otherwise therapy to help you learn study, executive, and other skills is helpful. If they tell you you have to take it all the time for it to work this is NOT true for this particular medication. I would recommend taking it if YOU think u need it but only as needed. Also, some side effects depend on the individual.

This. Dex-Amphetamine is the best. Vyvanse or Dexedrine(Attentin in some nations) is superior to trash like Adderall. Vyvanse is a prodrug and takes longer to work, and the maximum theratupic dose for adults 70mg can be doubled as 70mg Vyvanse is about 20mg of Dex. 40mg is the max suggested dose. Many feel a "crash" with Vyvanse after 6-8 hours, so second dose should be around 3-4 hours after first dose if you have this problem. Vyvanse is more recommended if you have a addictive personality, while pure Dex is the best choise if you are able to not misuse it(like snorting it, or IV'ing it..)..

This is not true. ADHD is basically a set of certain symptoms and is definitely real
It is however extremely over diagnosed to ppl who don't have it

Correcting:
70mg is max suggested dose of Vyvanse. Adults can take 140mg since this equals around 41mg of Dex. 40mg Dex is the max theraputic dose(but some might be higher, but this is extremly rare).