Government Shutdown Happening when?

Is this gonna happen? Is it gonna cause a happening? Is anything gonna happen Sup Forums? I hope something happens please for the love of kek I want to see riots and chimpouts.
politico.com/story/2018/01/18/government-shutdown-2018-trump-republicans-345532

The only people who voted for Trump are rural and suburban retards.

City people all voted for Hillary.

Will we see a repeat of this?

>A

Nothing is going to happen...It just means non essential employees go home and tourists can't see monuments

it is commonly known that city people are more often mentally unstable than rural people.

cityliving was not meant for humans.

GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN = TIME TO DRAIN THE SWAMP

interesting angle...lot of empty desks to look through

Yep and it will be republicans fault. They own every area and still cant fucking agree on literally anything.

I think they agreed that traps are gay

3 BRANCHES WILL BECOME ONE

Happened like 2 or 3 years ago for a week

Nah a bunch of them will say they don't think they are gay because their donors said so .

>it will be republicans fault
Even NBC is admitting that the Dems are preventing the Republicans from keeping the government running. Try harder.

But you forget things like the freedom caucus holding shit up as well.

It's literally nothing. You probably can't even remember the last shutdown without googling it

Senate Republicans don't even have 50 votes right now and the Freedom Caucus has more than enough votes in the House to force a shutdown.

2013, Ted Cruz got blamed for causing it.

and the republicans won in a landslide in 2014. It's meaningless.

>Government shutdown occurs
>Benefits no longer paid out in the form of welfare, social security, disability, food stamps
>Leeches miss their monthly check aka the constituents of the dems
>???
>Spending bill passed next week

DACA and CHIP funding mean there's actually shit at stake this time, though.

I think this is it, lads.

I hope it shuts down. Trump will shit all over the Dems if it does, and he'll go hardcore Pro-military patriotism on their asses. I predict he'll be doing charities and stuff for the military if it does shut down.

This, and nothing happened. But it will be Trump's fault because why?

And the democrats are the only ones holding anything up because they think they can slip DACA into the budget. Even if there's a shutdown nothing will happen because CHIP will still get funded before anything else

>Yep and it will be republicans fault. They own every area and still cant fucking agree on literally anything.

This

Democrats do not control any branch of government.

This shutdown is happening if this goes the way it's going. Trump isn't going to cave but on the off chance he does he can spin it and take credit for averting a shutdown.

Why wouldn't Trump want to shut down the government. If they shut it down for a couple of weeks that means nobody get's paid. Who gives a shit that some federal fuck fuck employees won't get paid. We'll save some money that way!

>If they shut it down for a couple of weeks that means nobody get's paid. Who gives a shit that some federal fuck fuck employees won't get paid.
lol no, that's the joke. you'd naturally think they wouldn't get paid, but they do get paid, if not regularly than backpay when they get back to work. They just get a nice vacation.

Yeah Trump needs to get out in front of fake news stories that will try to blame Republican shut down for people starving o r some bs. He neeeds to say "hey look we're still going to send out checks to people who need it to live, emergency and defense services will still function normally, the only difference will be that it may take a bit longer to process some non-critical forms you might submit"
because a LOT of people think somehow that government shutting down means like the whole country just stops or some bullshit, even after living through multiple instances of shutdown where their lives went on as normal.

i've wanted to see a government shutdown for so long now

please do it
SHUT IT DOWN

>Government shutdown!
>It's the Democrats fault for not taking a deal
>The GOP controls all three branches of government.

Can someone break this down for me?

Hey Satan.

Can we step back for a moment and reflect on the fact that the government is going to shut down over one party's insistence that invaders who jumped the border, have higher than average levels of welfare use, crime, etc. be given protection from repatriation?

Which party? The Democrats are powerless.

There's only one (((party))) :^)