Why is American architecture so fucking ugly?

why aren't basic architecture principals taught in school? why do americans have no intrinsic sense of aesthetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/usonian-style-home-frank-lloyd-wright-177787
zillow.com/homedetails/8012-Ousley-Ln-Corryton-TN-37721/41599301_zpid/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5283721/Crossbow-killer-laid-wait-neighbours-home.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ameriblarfs think they can have a mansion for a million dollars, but instead end up with oversized cheap looking abominations.

Whatever you say, Pierre.

people unironically think this looks nice

that's ugly as fuck

It's a French design from the 30's. I was responding to a frog.

That looks nice

Eurotrash don't understand avant-garde American housing design

Oh wow, it's almost like different countries have different architectural styles and techniques! Stay mad yuropoors

Because the builders who build these things don't have any sense of design aesthetic, and just build what they believe the market wants.

>an stick

Take your opinion an stick it up your ass.

>different countries have different architectural styles

and you amerilards throw them all into a blender and mix and match them without any concern for their purpose or original atmosphere. you're uneducated retards with tacky taste

My house is older than the United States

It's just that people who have money want to have their fingerprints on the design.

The architect has a nice proposal... the wealthy client says 'Let's put a turret with a giant window on the side, and make the 4 car garage a 5 car garage'

That's it. People have money but they aren't great designers. But they don't realize this.

It looks like a nice comfy home

Unless it's a palace or a castle, that sucks

tastelet spotted

all these are on the ugly side but we yuropoors lived stacked in concrete towers or small houses for the rich ones
sometimes these buildings are very pretty but americans have it way better

This. I can't tell if he is bragging or complaining

It's a common known fact stupid people with money have poor taste in everything. Why else would oil money muzzies drive around in eye sore Bugattis and other super cars and "befriend" shitty plastic women.

looks better than these

right ?

because is based on german architecture.

>be US
>not promoting an architectural style named after your own country

thoughtco.com/usonian-style-home-frank-lloyd-wright-177787

lads...

>Amerilards
>us flag
Juan is that you?

you wouldn't want to live in a flr house. they're nice to look at, that's about it

It has problems but it's not terrible. The eye of the beholder should immediately be drawn to the front door which should serve as the focal point of the front facade. Also the garage is front facing which is something I don't particularly care for. The materials could be better as well.

Jewish architecture looks like something from a Dr. Seuss books

North american houses, both the regular suburban, and the MacMansions, kind of look like they were designed by a AI selecting from prefab blocks. It seems like a simple way to break uniformity without increasing the building costs to much. And given the speed of suburbanisation that cookie cutter approach was perhaps nessesary.

But it is odd how strange they are on the inside also. Weird doors that open up straight in to a livingroom or carpeted winding halways instead of connected spaces.

The funny thing is that Europoors will make fun of American architecture but their architecture hasn't been good for centuries

People are retarded. Know what the difference is? Our retarded people live in big ugly houses made of cardboard and drywall. Even an imbecile can afford their crass impression of what wealth is to them.

I'm not supporting the awful architects who design them, just explaining.

it takes a truly diseased and warped mind to come up with eyesore shit like that.

The funny thing is some of us still live in those houses

>the eye should immediately be drawn to the front door

are you fucking retarded?

their architecture is the only reason your country exists

American Foursquare and Craftsman are nice styles.

What do you mean with American architecture ? There is not such a thing...and they were doing fine they had beautiful art deco examples all over the country...shit turned bad after ww2. I swear it is like the whole world has started to spiral in a cultural crisis after that...sometimes I feel like the world has ended and the less evil faction has been defeated

they just want cheap houses that look big and expensive.

Comfy as fuck. We almost bought something similar but it was poorly maintained and it would have cost a fortune to make it look like pic related.

>there is no such thing

dumbass

Yes ... also a poor mind, that thinks in terms of concrete blocks and simple childish fixtures.

architecture looks llike a matchbox collage , but jewish painting sure is jewish and seussish, elementary school stuff . Just a (((rainbow))) makes [[[True Art]]].

You niggers live in council flats and talk shit about middle class America. It's a massive and highly stratified society covering more land than you could imagine. Open your mind a little

>Yes ... also a poor mind, that thinks in terms of concrete blocks and simple childish fixtures.
sorry , meant post this on it.

the shutters are stupid and the weird accents around the windows and garage are completely unnecessary. if you go to a builder, these are the add-on things that cost extra. you do this to "personalize" what are essentially just 5 or 6 different models in the same neighborhood.

That's Brutalism, I think... I don't mind it in tiny doses, just to shake things up. Couldn't imagine how horrible it'd be if it was the standard, though!

i like the comfy nordic-internationalist look like the alvar aalto style. mcmansions are hideous

that's what we built in the cities until we had to move away from the niggers.

yes well..
I suppose it feels like shit living there.
Also brutalism : prize circuit for non-productive jewish architecture

Want to talk about American architecture you should see Chicago style skyscrapers built throughout the last century.

are you here to argue. You want to tell me that you can compress 400 years + history of architecture in a single fucking general statement.

It is like to say women are nasty and smell bad because you only can afford to fuck the nigerian nigress that arrived 5 months ago.

"mcMansions", comedy gold.

1995-2015 saw a resurgence of interest in faux Tudor architecture, so yes, blame an entire generation raised to believe that's a standard style. I was raised in a section of the Antebellum South with some sophisticated 10s-30s architecture as well. Niggers live in the 40s and 50s rowhouses that you would have to spend your life savings to buy.

How can amerifat bois compete?

Yep. I also love old Mission Style houses. Using old floor plans, scaled up a little, is the way to go. They used to build houses to live in. Now they are chopped up into retarded little spaces, just so the floor plan and metrics look good when it's sold as a commodity. Well placed hallways and such really bring a house to life and define a way to live in it

antebellum architecture is a european style according to

Americans can't handle the bants

Gay

read about the philosophy of usonian houses or just hear the 99% invisible episode regarding Usonia/Frank Lloyd Wright

McMansions are really nice for the most part and people who hate on them are usually poorer people because they can't afford one.

I was gonna say I hate that colour then I realize it is the colour of 4 chan

>bronze statue of a naked woman
>gay
since you're a homosex it would be considered gay to like women for you

Comfy af. Would grow up in this house/10

oh is that why? do americans really believe this?

memes aside as an architecture student I had to study the concept of mcmansions and why people keep building this kind of cancer despite it being basically just throwing your money at people to laugh at you

>he can't speak English properly

It certainly references it's roots. All western architecture does. I guess Gothic is the main style. I like the use of breeze ways and attic fans that you see retrofitted into those old houses. High ceilings and transoms actually had a purpose you know

What do you guys think of modern take on Craftsman homes?

>europoor is triggered
Captcha was 'extra coal top kek

it's obviously unfurnished, kike
>you fuckers are dumb lying fucks so much you self-humiliate @ every second post

Because they want to have lots of room for a comfy house.

american houses are comfy as fuck. just don't buy shitty mcmansion garbage built by mexicans.

>Not living in a ranch mansion
Complete with sauna and over 30 acres for just over 987k
37 minutes from a white 150k population center.

chaos and not the good kind

Yes. I did grow up in one. Three bedrooms upstairs, with a common bathroom, a giant attic partially finished out that I played Sega in, a formal dining room, a sitting room, a living room, another guest room, and a utility room, with a covered porch front and back.

It was nice, and the mortgage was $28k.

It's wasted lumber. You could do more with less, with better proportions

As i am a aestetic realist i must disagree

How much would this house cost in yurope?

>3 beds 2 baths 2,281 sqft
>$159,900

zillow.com/homedetails/8012-Ousley-Ln-Corryton-TN-37721/41599301_zpid/

Meanwhile in my mansion in Rome

sorry my house is ugly, i spent most of the money on the 80 acres behind it. have fun with your upstairs and left and right neighbors you dumb fucking tower monkey

mcmansions vary hugely in quality. nicely built and designed ones are awesome.

the biggest problem with them is plywood and shingle roofing only lasts 15-20 years, then the homeowners are stuck with a $25k roofing bill to redo it. Slate or brick is the real way to go.

Dank. I grew up in a house that was built by a company that builds all the houses the same, sort of a suburb type thing. Wish it was more comfy now that i think about it.

Kek

Often it's a mix of styles, similar to how there's a mix of people. Pottery! The reason is Americans went to Europe (or immigrants came here), liked the designs, and copied them without understanding the ideals and purpose underlying the design; American architecture is the childish imitation of Europe because we lack the history, culture, and rootedness of Europe.

>Pottery! The reason is Americans went to Europe
haha ok

>not spending most time on blue boards

>brutalism

not a joke. is it called brutalism because it's brutal on the eyes?

Not enough swastikas in the railing.

(There just is something a bit to nostalgic and romantic about them. Its like it is trying to force comfyness. And also wtf is up with a house with )

>be yuropoor
>can’t afford own wall
>neighboring weed addict breaks through your communal wall and kills you with a crossbow

>'Crossbow killer' laid in wait in his neighbour's home after secretly removing a dividing wall in the loft… before shooting dead a father-of-three and seriously injuring his 27-year-old partner
>Police manhunt launched after a suspected murder in East Yorkshire on Friday
>Shane Gilmer, 30, died after he was shot by an attacker armed with a crossbow
>His pregnant girlfriend Laura Sugden was found 'pouring with blood' at home
>Police tried to track down suspect Anthony Lawrence but found body last night

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5283721/Crossbow-killer-laid-wait-neighbours-home.html

Did you finish reading the sentence? The pottery was a reference to the poetry of George Lucas' Star Wars Prequels.

Location? Snow zone? foundations? From 0 to about a billion id guess.

that's a rather long way to say
>muttmansion

This looks comfy. Mcmansions are basically this, but copy/pasted 5 times with a 4 car garage and a turret

If i was an americlap with enough money to buy a McMansion, i wouldn't waste it on a 4500sqft cardboard mansion with a 0.25 acre backyard.

shut up pleb

They should make the next remake of resident evil in my mansion...

>nigga arrives in the house after 0,4 seconds he finds the zombie and the final boss( the place is to short for making many levels) he turns back to escape and he finds my door like this

>why do americans have no intrinsic sense of aesthetics?

It's your jewish influence. Jews are shit at anything visual or aesthetic. That's why there's been very few decent Jewish visual artists - hence Jews promoting garbage like Abstract Expressionism.

I've also noticed that burger civic buildings are utter shit, but your homes are beautiful. In Europe it's the reverse. Again, Jewish promotion of individualism for the goys.

What is best really depends on your climate. Tar shingles will last like 60 years in a dry area.
Dry areas often get huge snowdumps every few years. If you don't remove it your roof will be damaged regardless of what kind of shingle you have. Tar shingles are less likely to be damaged than slate when walking on it and cheaper to fix.

In super humid areas there will be buildup underneath slate and brick too. Gout and moss will grow up unless you do preventative care. It is much cheaper to work on tar shingles and if your roof does get bad, it is much cheaper to tear up and rip out the dry-rot.

Brick and slate does look way nicer though. However its not right to say its always better. It comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

T:brief stint as a roofer.