Why did you lie to me Sup Forums...

Why did you lie to me Sup Forums? I was expecting some serious edgy nonsense or some kind of Izetta#2 but what I got was a literal AOTS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zViyZGmBhvs
exhentai.org/g/740612/bff3d3fc8f/
exhentai.org/g/844827/9e82293ea7/
exhentai.org/g/844828/55898a38a6/
exhentai.org/g/933869/215a9d4116/
exhentai.org/g/985314/6659337f78/
exhentai.org/g/767403/9db2b9d26b/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was cringe shit

But it was edgy nonsense
Also this

>trusting Sup Forums

I'm not gay but the 3 men in strategic HQ are handsome, desu.

>cringe
end you're self

It wasn't AOTS, it was in a strong season, but it was one of the better ones.

God

It gets my vote for AOTS. Good action anime is hard to come by, but you can always find moeshit.

Wills it

Drifters aired last autumn. Much better action series. Senki was your usual LN cringe shit.

I didn't watch Drifters, but how often do we get WW parodies where Germany is the good guys.

Not sure if Germany is meant to be portrayed as the good guys. Tanya and her country in general are all over the place in grey moral areas. World War 1 was slightly less black and white as well.

Drifters hinted that Hitler was a decent guy though. I enjoyed YS too, but Drifters was miles better.

I felt like episode 12 was victimizing them, with how the world perceived them as evil, because of fear.

Its anime...

What separates Drifters from Hellsing Ultimate?

It IS edgy nonsense, but it's GOOD edgy nonsense.

But that was precisely the problem. Germany had unwittingly maneuvered itself into the position of the villain. Their incompetent emperor didn't understand that you can rattle your saber at every opportunity without antagonizing people, yet at the same time noticed the increasing hostility and rattled his saber to keep things from escalating.
Germany was well liked only a few years prior.

And then there was the stupid business of running over one of your neighboring countries on the way to your real enemy and not understanding that this might be perceived as somehow not okay.

The Germans didn't want to fight everybody. Their leadership wasn't very clever.

Well it's true, basically they won the war and the remains of the military decide to say"fuck it" we didn't lose.

Then all the world started to think get where the bad guys by winning the war. While it's kind of victimizing them is a perfect legit reaction that would happen IRL if it happened for example. The shit with Ukraine last year

>cringe

They're both different type of shows though. Drifters is a rather straightforward take of the concept of isekai while YS is much more like a dark comedy/satire.

That's pretty much what happened in reality, but Kaiser Wilhelm II did it to himself, purposefully antaognising both the british and the russians.

>Hey the british national security relies on its overwhelming naval power
>let's built tons of ships

>Hey russia is like right next to us
>should we resign that non-agression pact? Nah. Don't need an alliance with those guys.

>Hey belgium is like a path to france
>neutrality? Just a scrap of paper

Drifters feels more light-hearted and fast-paced, or maybe it's because Ultimate just wasn't my type of action. It has lots of nippon-wanking though.

Really though, couldn't the OHL just call Belgium and pay a few hundred thousand reichsmark for an open border agreement?
Did they really need to declare war on them?

>The british are the only ones allowed to have a navy

What are some other shows that feature evil protagonists? I honestly don't see that often, doesn't seem like it's a popular design choice.

That's not what he said.

How is she evil?

She's not
It's Saga of Tanya the CUTE

If you accept that being X is a god, Rebelling against god specifically because you want to punch him in the face is a fairly evil thing to do.

Also Tanya doesn't really show much remorse for killing people.

Shes not Evil for the sake of being evil, it's more of a Lawful Evil kind of thing where she is doing everything within her means to survive and succeed, to live a long life.

>Rebelling against god specifically because you want to punch him in the face is a fairly evil thing to do.
Not if "God" deserves to be punched in the face.
Your premise has a hidden condition: God is good and to wish harm on him is evil.

>Tanya doesn't really show much remorse for killing people.
She's a soldier in the early 20th century. Context, please.

A CUTE.

It's fairly clear that being X, while he may be a god, is not THE God.

I would've liked it more if Visha wasn't a frog. Also it needs more TanyaxVisha.

Soldiers definitely feel remorse over their killings. There's a reason tons of soldiers need psychiatric help often, and people that go to war never really come back the same. Typically there's a point where they dehumanize themselves and their enemies, but as far as we're aware, Tanya has never seemingly been bothered by the constant death around her.

It's kill, or be killed.

I listen to the solo part of los los los and pretend Tanya's confiding in me while I hold her in my lap.

Of course, but to imply there aren't negative psychological effects to killing is just wrong. It doesn't matter if it's justified. Someone who went their whole life without seeing someone killed suddenly being thrust into a situation where killing is a daily occurrence, and not suffering any sort of personal crisis, is not normal.

>not normal.
Not normal means evil to you?

The British at the time ran 90% of the world's shipping.
Their strategy was to have 90% of the world's navy too.

Wilhelm was an incompetent fuckwit mate. Had Bismarck been emperor the entire world would be in a much better, more civilised and stable state.

Yes, a lack of Empathy is a trait an evil person would have. The ability to murder indiscriminately without guilt or conscious is inherently evil. Military's all have hired pastors for a reason, people often feel at odds with their actions, and need someone to confess their sins to.

youtube.com/watch?v=zViyZGmBhvs

that means Sup Forums is evil

It would be silly to downplay Sup Forums's role in the moonlanding conspiracy or in the formation of ISIS, but I swear we had nothing to do with the JFK assassination!

Why are Japanese salarymen such beasts? First Overlord and now this. They are what isekai worlds need but don't deserve.

This is an important distinction. Disobeying the Creator of the Universe would be an immoral act, disobeying a lessor god (a more powerful being than you but not the the Abrahamic God) can be OK. Many of the Pagan pantheons have evil gods who you are supposed to disobey.

She's callous but she isn't sadistic either. She sees war as a waste and wants to finish it as quickly as possible so everyone can go back to productive peaceful lives.

Because Salaryman is the strongest profession in multiverse.

exhentai.org/g/740612/bff3d3fc8f/
exhentai.org/g/844827/9e82293ea7/
exhentai.org/g/844828/55898a38a6/
exhentai.org/g/933869/215a9d4116/
exhentai.org/g/985314/6659337f78/

>literal AOTS
>when Kemono Friends aired in the same season

Entirely different genres

id argue 75% of viewers of each show did not watch the other show.

>edgy
>cringe
>edgy
>edgy

I'm trying to understand the kind of person who would think of this show as NOT being wasted potential.

Would have enjoyed it if the main character wasn't a fucking fish.

>deciding what to watch last season
>see small female in military uniform
>"fuck it, may as well give it the 3 ep rule"
>first ep
>sends two soldier to their death for fucking backtalking her
>second ep
>dude fucking tells a higher power to it's figurative face that he doesn't believe in a higher power
>third ep
>DEUS VULT

10/10 first three episodes. Prove me wrong.

>The Germans didn't want to fight everybody. Their leadership wasn't very clever.
Well, the leadership was actually clever. It's just that they are so rational and emaotionless that they couldn't comprehend how other staates could see their stratigies as something horrifying evil instead of the brilliant and rational response they saw in their actions.

The ones that watched both know that they are both trash.

I watched the first episode. I like the duck lips.

Still trash done ironically by the author to prove a point and becomes an success vs the QUALITY japanese version of dora the explorer to shill videogames give the edge to the magic loli for me

A proper budget and this show might have actually been a 10/10.

I wanna violate tanya's regional defense.

You missed one.
exhentai.org/g/767403/9db2b9d26b/

Sword girl best girl.

I was surprised. Especially because I read reviews

>People know no difference between world war I and world war II
>People telling me that Ayn rand capitalist loli is a Nazi.
> People missing all historical references. and all historical jokes.
>People missing all military humor.
>People not appreciating anime with one of most aesthetically pleasing military of XX century
>People not appreciating rationalistic commentary on warfare.
>No one is happy seeing Gewehr 98 Trench magazine in action

Tell me user that i wasn't the only one that laughed when she said that use of a trench gun is a war crime.

I watched both and they're both good.

>Tell me user that i wasn't the only one that laughed when she said that use of a trench gun is a war crime
I doubt a lot of people got the references especially that one with model 1897 that caused the Germans to be butthurt. Or rather if they can't differentiate between WW1 and WW2 no wonder.

it was edgy Izetta

you just happen to like it

I tought that was cute little reference. Also early blitzkrieg with panezr IV aus f. There are a lot of details that are making these anime enjoyable.

I guess even a shitty series like this is easily redeemed if the audience can smirk to themselves in petty satisfaction in recognizing trivial things.

Not evil, more like anti hero. Rance is another example. Can't really think of more rn.

people who read the 1st volume: is book tanya or anime tanya more interesting to you?

personally I think book tanya is more interesting, because she is not strictly sociopathic and what is even more interesting is that she considers herself to be a good person.

and the interesting thing is that in the end it is hard to argue with her on this point.

>it had people killing each other
>therefore it is edgy

retards like you need to die.

It is normal for Objectivists to consider themselves as good. It is also well constructed philosophy. So while you may argue that it is not morally bright you have to admit that it is rational and logical.

Book Tanya of course. I mean its obvious as hell the anime was a just a cheap commercial cutting most of the content.

>rational
calling a position rational is not saying much, for any position can be considered rational given that you accept the initial values(i.e. accepting that your well being is more important to your self).

but one could say that the anime is more succinct in delivering the worldview that human being are fundamentally irrational.

2nd episode certainly did it much better than the manga/ln.

by rational I see methods following the evidence and delivering the results one wants. Some positions can't be considered rational because of being contradictory or because of lack of evidence for them working. To simplify in my opinion effectivism is rational and motivism is irrational.

Someone explain in lameman's terms why they think the show is "cringy".

Because the parts of Sup Forums you listen to are the wrong ones. As representative of the demographic of Sup Forums with good taste, I have to inform you that we were all looking forward to, and later enjoyed this anime, right from the beginning.

I cringe to think about how much rape would happen if women were frontline soldiers in ww1.

World War I was a gentleman's war. Armies both stood on the battlefield, took a few steps then fired at each other point blank.

>Germany was well liked only a few years prior.

In what alternate universe? From what I read the world saw them as increasingly obnoxious in the years leading up to the outbreak of war.

>>Hey the british national security relies on its overwhelming naval power
>>let's built tons of ships

What, so England had exclusive rights to have a doomsday armada?

Guys, I finished the smug duck's show, where do I go now?
since it seems history is repeating itself, are we getting a notHitler?

>the results one wants
that there is rather interesting because with your definition in mind, you can argue communism is irrational because it did not bring about utopia, but one can also argue communism is rational because everyone has a job.
>Some positions can't be considered rational because of being contradictory or because of lack of evidence for them working
again this position can be argued against using the previous example: is communism a rational or irrational world view to uphold?
>effectivism is rational and motivism is irrational.

say we have 2 killers 1 killed someone by accident, while the other was just starting a serial rampage(according to him), so according to you it is irrational to want the latter to be put in prison for a longer time than the former?

>implying one could easily rape a mage

the only women on the front line were mages user.

Germany got bad rep only after 1900.
They were mostly hailed as heroes in the wars before that.
You just need to remember that you are going to antagonize the greatest power at the time.
You would need allies for that, or at least not antagonizing the other great powers.
Germany was doomed the moment they had the worst great power allies, and relied heavily on warfare to keep their status. They really should have gotten closer to Russia, or at least avoid a war with them.

>Well, the leadership was actually clever

Not when they neglected to extend their front line to the coastline and thereby leaving their front line wide open to being flanked and consequently being forced divert a fair deal of manpower to holding back enemy efforts from two different directions in the same region on the same front and in so doing losing their momentum in the decisive downward sweep toward Paris and thereby squandering any hope they might've had for the swift victory over France that was critical to avoiding inevitable defeat and the subsequent sodomy of the German nation that would invariably follow.

>They were mostly hailed as heroes in the wars before that.

That is to say, the wars that preceded the reign of Wilhelm II as Kaiser.

Welcome to neo Sup Forums
Would you like to kay why ess?

It is simple. Communism is irrational because it doesn't work. It is an interesting concept by the way. Marx said that the communism is perfect and when it fails it is a false of society being not ready. Therefore communism can't be falsified. However fact that it cannot be falsified makes it irrational.

>say we have 2 killers 1 killed someone by accident, while the other was just starting a serial rampage(according to him), so according to you it is irrational to want the latter to be put in prison for a longer time than the former?

As of a problem you presented. As a effectivist i need to judge people by the action they committed. So if i have two people who murdered unlawfully no matter the circumstances i judge both the same. However your question was a bit different. First man if i understand correctly kills someone by accident in my opinion accident is not a murder. Accident is not act of will. We judge one on acts of his will. Will itself is not sufficient. Sp in the case of accident man will not get the sentence. Of course man can get the sentence for his other acts. If man was drunk and he caused accident killing something. Then he will be punished harshly for act of drunk driving. However if accident was purely random than he will not be judged.

As for the second case I understand that man was willing to commit the rampage but he didn't. In this case I have only a will of a man, and for will alone one cannot be judged.

Season 2, but good luck with that.

I mean, are there any manga or LN links to read what happens after the anime

Annie May is way ahead of the manga and LN.

>Communism is irrational because it doesn't work.
again that depends on what you define as work, for there is no objective measure
say I happen to be the despotic dictator of a communist state and my definition of working is enriching myself. communism would then be rational because by enriching me, it works.

therefore communism is rational.

people value different things and thus their definition of "working" will always be different when evaluating a belief system.

say we use unemployment as a measure of working, while we happen to kill all unemployed people.

how about stability? n.korea is a pretty stable state.

2. ok, say there is an individual who has a nuclear bomb strapped to his chest, he is threating to blow up new york. is it rational to ask a sniper to kill him?

Izetta was boring as hell. I gave it the three episode rule and decided against further viewing.

>hell
>boring
What are you, a lawyer?