What kind of dumbass weapon is this

What kind of dumbass weapon is this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CyI31uqSGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is a flail man

With her strenght it prolly works like a whip. Accelerating a morning star to sonic sound seems pretty good to me.

>he can't use a flail
How would you face you're waifu if you can't handle a flail?

A terrible weapon for a terrible waifu.

Magic weapon. She only needs the chain to make it easier to control and retrieve it after a miss.

a gundam hammer

it's not a flail you faggots.

It's a flail whip

Ball and Chainz

I want to show her my ball and chainz if you catch my drift.

It's an awfully big morningstar.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CyI31uqSGA

budget version of the glorious chinese meteor hammer

Weaponsfag reporting in. That is probably closest to being a meteor hammer.

Flails were almost exclusively long poles meant to be held in two hands. This includes both the farm implement and the war variety. It's likely that the modern idea of a flail as a one handed tool is largely a myth. Generally the chain was fairly short, less than 6 inches, in order to keep it from being unwieldy and dangerous to its holder. Any flail you see where the chain is long enough to allow the weight to strike the users hand is completely nonsensical fake.

On to morning stars. A morning star just refers to the spikey ball. It does not need to be attached to a flail, and can just as easily be attached to a rigid pole. In addition, the morning star ball typically only weighs in the 1-2 pound range, sometimes less.

A meteor hammer is a flail without the pole. Typically with another ball on the other end of it so that it looks more like a bola, though not always. It did not see widespread use because it is useless from horseback, useless in rank, and you are very likely to hurt yourself using it.

But the genre's called fantasy. She can use whatever she wants as long as it looks cool. We left realism behind at basic anatomy and human interaction. Why would you be bothered at this point? Rem is best girl

Thanks

when Sup Forums more informative than wikipedia

If it looks stupid but it works it ain't stupid

Its for protection

Based weaponsfag.

This

It's actually recognized as an almost completely unusable weapon in universe and was kept in the storage cellar collecting dust for that reason. However, Rem trained with it to the point where it's actually functional.

>Ball and Chainz
More like ball and chain and chain and chain and chain.

>However, Rem trained with it to the point where it's actually functional.
Why though? If Rem's concern is long range fighting then she could just throw ice shards and such as opposed to resorting to a redundant and hard to use weapon like the flail with ridiculously long chain. Ice shards + ice dagger + gauntlet would sound like a better weapon combo for her really.

>ridiculously long chain.
The chain is a plus with how she uses it. Most of her kills don't come from the morning star. A good deal of them are from the chain. Ice shards would have to be aimed at specific targets. The Ball & Chain can be swung around to take out hordes.

For you.

I think she uses it to keep out unruly mobs, as it's used to wipe out hordes. If there was anyone strong in 1v1, her master would be able to BTFO anyone who tries to challenge him. So it's more to keep people from bothering him.

It's called a katana and it can cut bone

Thanks /k/

A very deadly but ineffective to use weapon.

Its so easy to counter, all you need is a shirt.

that weapon choice is holding her back

Does anyone have that picture of Rem with a chain gun?