Yo, Sup Forums, just started Hunter x Hunter 2011 and am really enjoying it...

Yo, Sup Forums, just started Hunter x Hunter 2011 and am really enjoying it. (I want Kurapika's voice actress to whisper into my ear ngl)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9i3YqdydXcw
youtube.com/watch?v=3eTPTDE7Fr8
youtube.com/watch?v=wGwKe8xshqg
youtube.com/watch?v=tCAS50dQ8F4
youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc
youtube.com/watch?v=S4iYPuNGD6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YGmACxoYDjE
youtube.com/watch?v=mBr2fKa2RI4
youtube.com/watch?v=vdnb6BbSxuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I sure as hell hope you watched 1999 adaptation first, because otherwise you're gonna miss major chunks of character's backstory, world-building, and waaay better animation & OST.

t: newcomer who finished 2011 adaptation yesterday, after watching 1999 version first.

Nice, it's one of the best shonen ever published.
In which arc are you watching user?

Fuck off, don't lie to him. 2011 is superior in every way, except for the opening(s).

He's right, though. 99 had some excellent animators working on it, while 2011 is just a bunch of literally whos with only a few visually redeeming moments.

Stop watching it and witch 1999 instead.

You're welcome.

>I want Kurapika's voice actress to whisper into my ear ngl
My nigga. Sawashiro is a goddess.

>tfw I only like one of these characters

>differing opinions are ""lies""
fuckoff mate. Like I mentioned earlier, I started watching HxH in general just few months ago, checked ep1 of both 99 and 11 versions to see which I'd like more, and naturally went with 1999 original. And am I glad I did, as 2011 skips fucktons of good, important stuff, and its animation & art style are just lazy as hell. I fucking loved Yorkshin City arc in 1999, but I couldn't stomach it at all in 2011.

Best way to tackle the entirity of HxH anime adaptations is to start with 1999 and finish it & its OVAs, then start 2011 version from around episode 80 so you get straight to the Chimera Ant arc.

>2011 is superior in every way,
yeah, if you have a fetish for paper-cutout "animations" and colors cyan, magenta and yellow.

Good taste. '99 was a bundle of joy, and it shows with the presentation, execution and direction. 2011 is riddled with every problem I have with anime today.

And OP, read the manga as well. Even '99 can't compare to it at its best moments.

I am going through the exam arc with my friend right now, its a lot of fun. Digging the character designs

Kanbaru is my fav Monogatari girl and a large portion of my love for her is there because of her beautiful voice lol

so you're still at the very beginning.
Like said above, the 2011 skips & speeds through the first few arcs like crazy, probably because the creators thought that people would have seen those part already a decade earlier anyway, so you're not really getting the optimal experience if you only watch the 2011 version.

Yeah, the cast's great, but with 2011 version alone, Leorion will certainly only come across as a greedy, moronic comedy relief, and Kurapika a bit edgy blonde boy.

I hope you like that intro
Because it's gonna stay with you, in more ways than one

as much as I generally dig the 2011's OP, it is easily one of the lesser reasons why the 1999 version is superior.

>starting with the MadHouse adaptation

I have the absolute shit taste. I love both the manga, the 1999 AND the 2011 adaptations.

Killua is cute!

Kurapika is the cutest!

>2011 is riddled with every problem I have with anime today.

Like?

Not him, but it's the whole Budget-saving mentality in everything:
>extra long OP and ED
>recycling same OP and ED, and handful of other songs
>worse animation than goddamn Flash videos on web
>oh hay, lets RECAP what happened in the last episode, or even on the A section of THIS episode!
>instead of showing stuff and focusing on good cinematography, lets slide static pictures around the screen while having annoying narrator explain everything!
>skipping entire scenes and episodes, just because.

>miss major chunks of character's backstory, world-building, and waaay better animation & OST.

Which ones?
Like added shit that wasn't canon?
Kurapika didn't even have a real backstory until Togashi released that one shot before the first movie. Leorio has been left unexplored in the manga. The new anime showed everything about Killua that the anime had. Gon is simple as hell.

>world building

Such as what?

>Which ones?
-introduction of Kite
-most of stuff concerning Mito & Ging
-almost everything about Leorion & Kurapika

>wasn't in manga
not an excuse. Over 70% of K-ON anime adaptation was brand new content, and it improved the whole show by miles. Everything the anime(s) seem to "add" are only for the best of HxH.

>such as what
do I really have to explain this to you ?

Yeah, fuck off with that filler shit.

True.
Also true.

>manga content
>filler

>Yeah, fuck off with that filler shit.
HxH 1999's "filler" is FAR from shit though, and only enhance the overall story and experience.

>HxH thread
>First post is 99 vs. 11

Can't we just say both versions have their own strengths and weaknesses and leave it at that?

never user they're not gonna let it die the only thing that can save us are new chapters.

99 is better

I just started watching the 2011 version and got to episode 10.
In this episode the characters keep making insanely stupid discussions where it feels like writer is purposely making the characters act retarded and making them do the worst decision they can for the sake of drama.
Is this any different in the manga or the 99 anime? I've heard the beginning of HxH is supposed to make you think its like other garbage shonen manga, is this just on purpose?

HxH is no different from any other battle shonen.

Pitou is the cutest

I always thought HxH was a semi popular thing because it was going against what normal battle shonen is.
If it's not, why do people care about it when it basically has the release schedule of Berserk?

Yeah....no.

I want to pet her and tell her she's the best RG.

I love Miyuki's voice too user. It's beautiful.

Pssshhh, plebs

She's going to get gum'd after Hisoka finishes killing all the spiders and Chrollo

Pssshhh, pleb

It's that as well as being a well crafted story.

There would be no reason for the strong following it has if it were merely the same as the chaff if you consider the hiatuses.

OH

MY

MY

RUBBER

FACE

>Pitou will never use her powers to turn you into her personal sex slave

Would anally destroy.

>Start HxH
>Enjoy the hunter exam arc greatly, as well as when they are searching for Killua
>Tower tournament arc begins
>Drop HxH

I couldn't even make it to the Hisoka fight.
I want to give it another try, but I need to know, does it get better after that one arc?

its an important training arc quit being a bitch and watch it.
it does get better though
she'll never pick your brain either

did you watch the 1999 or 2011 version?
Because if it was '11 adaptation, I totally get you. I ended up skipping forward all the time in that shit. The 1999 version did everything it managed to adapt WAY better.

I did enjoy the tower arc quite a bit in 99 version, and the arc that follows (Yorkshin) is easily one of the series' highlights. However, said arc is totally butchered IMO in the 2011 version, so avoid it at all costs.

i LOVE kurapika

lol gay!

>waaay better animation & OST
>way better OST

This is why I don't take 99fags seriously.

It does, keep watching.
>157217485
Ignore this poster

I wish i could make my pleb friend (my only real life friend) finish this series

he dropped it after Kite died because he thought that Killua saying Gon is his light was gay

I wish one of you were my real life friend instead

Another HxH thread invaded by Pitou fags hmm? Might as well just join the shitfest.

>having friends

Your own fault. Also, that part was gay because Killua is gay.

You read that right, 2011 kid.
And this is coming from someone who knew jack shit about HxH less than half a year ago.

>he thought that Killua saying Gon is his light was gay
stop dating 15 year olds, you filthy pedo.

If you actually 1999 has a better OST than 2011, you are delusional or literally didn't watch the anime. There's not even a discussion to be had.

That's very interesting statements without any basis you're making. If anything, such pointless babble makes me suspect (You) either never watched the 1999 version, that your tastes are extremely shit, or you literally love the ONE (1) OP song and the TWO (2) repeated tunes they play in most of the scenes throughout the whole show in 2011 version.

The harmonica version of Ohayo! alone was top-notch song in the 99 original, and most arcs had their very own, unique audio world.

>dating
you have a sick and twisted mind

also I'm pretty sure most people who watched CA arc (especially the anime onlys who complain about it) didn't get much of HxH story

Fair enough, Cheadle's a good girl.

I wish Gon didn't kill Pitou. She could've been redeemed. Gon is such a hypocritical piece of shit.

Except she kind of killed millions of innocent civilians.

OH

Some OST from 99 are not released.
youtu.be/9i3YqdydXcw

I named myself Quwrof in a popular online video game to see if anyone would recognize the reference

200 games later the only thing anyone said to me was "weird ass name bro" feels horrific man

Gon deserves to lose his old nen and be a weak ass bitch like Zushi now

>TWO (2) repeated tunes

Yeah, you've never even seen 2011. It has 2 hours worth of music and all of it is 10/10.

1999's soundtrack is "neat," I guess, but it doesn't even come close to what 2011's does. It's probably the best soundtrack in all of anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eTPTDE7Fr8
youtube.com/watch?v=wGwKe8xshqg
youtube.com/watch?v=tCAS50dQ8F4
youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc

I'm sure somebody has recognized it and they just didn't say anything. I don't really play games but I doubt I would just go around commenting on people's names

>Yeah, you've never even seen 2011
I literally just finished it two days ago, mate. Don't try that shit on me kiddo.

>2 hours worth of music
out of which they use 5 minutes tops, on loop. And no, majority of it is pure shit, and sound like they'd taken it from some stock midi library.

>frogposting and feelsfagging

>it's probably the best soundtrack in all of anime
What happened to people even attempting to be subtle when they troll?

Just off the top of my head FLCL, Parasyte, FMA 2003 and NHK all have better OSTs and I'm sure there are better ones out there than those.

Oh yeah I remembered another anime with a better OST, it's called HxH 1999

youtube.com/watch?v=S4iYPuNGD6Q

Educate yourself

>It's a 1999 vs 2011 thread
Gross

>I literally just finished it two days ago, mate

I literally don't believe you.

>out of which they use 5 minutes tops, on loop

Factually untrue.

>sound like they'd taken it from some stock midi library

Please point out which track sounds like it was taken from "some stock midi library:" youtube.com/watch?v=YGmACxoYDjE

>Oh yeah I remembered another anime with a better OST, it's called HxH 1999

And I almost took you seriously for a second.

>shitty chopin-ravel pastiche
>better than late mozart pastiche

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBr2fKa2RI4
Atmospheric and somber, matches the tone of Yorknew to a T.

Meanwhile in 2011, aside from the classical music they used, HUNTING FOR YOUR DREEEAM. Lame

>we will never have comfy hunter threads ever because everyone wants to argue about the same shit
kill me user

So did the Phantom Troupe and Gon gave them the a-ok.

>implying he missed my heart

>2011
>""fans""
Crunchyroll fags really are getting desperate

>I literally don't believe you.
I literally can't help that. But I did.

>Factually untrue.
what ever you say, sugar. Just try watching the show again and see how many songs they repeat in it.

>Please point out which track sounds like it was taken from "some stock midi library:
youtube.com/watch?v=vdnb6BbSxuM

Gon isn't exactly a paragon of morality.

>Unironically believing 99 to be the superior adaption
On the whole 2011 was leagues ahead of 99 with my only gripe being the lack of Kite in the first episode.

>implying you have a heart

You're right, he stole my heart a long time ago :)

This should even be a question

*shouldn't

It's like least sexual to most sexual from top to bottom

>aside from the classical music they used
>the OST is so good he mistook it for classical music

Oh user, you're only proving my point.

That track is great. But the fact that you have to reach into the unreleased tracks to find one that's not up to the quality of the others is evidence in itself.

The only songs that get overplayed are Hegemony of the Food Chain and the phantom troupe theme, and those are great so I don't care. But you claimed that only 5 minutes were used, which is obviously untrue.

You must love that ADHD pacing and lack of animation then. Or maybe you're just colorblind, which'd explain the love for CYMK palette.

yet another reason to prefer the 1999 adaptation.

Is this from the Viz scans? I remember the fan scanlations looking pretty bad

I'm talking about the usage of Lacrimosa, other than that, meh.

Only gets good in the CA arc. I'll admit "Hunters are Evil" is great.