HAPPENING: Democrats Vote Against CHIP Funding Ahead of ‘Schumer Shutdown’

>186 House Democrats voted against keeping the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) funded for the next six years as they opposed a stopgap spending measure in the House of Representatives Thursday that would keep the government open for the next four weeks.
>Senate Democrats were likewise poised to vote against CHIP, as they declared earlier in the day that they had the votes to filibuster the spending bill and shut down the government.

>(Republicans have taken to calling the impending shutdown the “Schumer shutdown,” for Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY), in response.)

>CHIP provides funds for health insurance for children from low-income families who are not poor enough to be eligible for Medicaid. CHIP funding is the number one issue for American voters overall, according to a recent poll by Politico and the Harvard University School of Public Health.

THIS IS A FUCKING HUGE REDPILL MOMENTS FOR PEOPLE ON THE LEFT

FIRE UP PHOTOSHOP BOYS ITS TIME TO GET TO WORK

WE NEED TO DECIDE ON
>A hashtag
>Most convincing talking points
>Best meme format to use

GO, GO, GO !!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/18/democrats-vote-chip-funding-schumer-shutdown/
youtube.com/watch?v=lqXaPYiXoGc
ibtimes.com/political-capital/government-shutdown-looms-ending-daca-would-cost-hundreds-billions-dollars-2642812?amp=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

link to article

breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/18/democrats-vote-chip-funding-schumer-shutdown/

There's already a hashtag, it's #schumershutdown

bump

Bump

FAKE CHILDREN
FAKE NEWS

beep beep boop beep bump

>most convincing talking points
The dems want to shutdown the gov. over illegals

>but muh gop controls government
Still need 60 votes, only 51 gop senators. The dems are the ones blocking it.

Good, we can stick on that hashtag then, are there any other anti-trump tags we could hijack that fit this? We want to be able to make them uncomfortable and either

>Force them to side with trump on this
>Force them to defend democrats and look like hypocrites

Either one of those is really going to cause some severe cognitive dissonance. If they side with schumer they'll be redpilling normies on the lefts hypocrisy as well.

The Republicans control both Houses of Representatives, the Senate, the White House, and the Supreme Court. They refuse to pass bipartisan bill because it doesn't include Trump's stupid wall that is a huge waste of money. How is not their fault?

Also. Show videos of schumer back in 2013 saying he wouldn't shut down the gov. over immigration.
youtube.com/watch?v=lqXaPYiXoGc

I know they are truly conniving bastards when you peel off that shit eating "think of the poc children" veneer. To actually take the gloves off and expose themselves is a whole new level of retardation. Don't they realize their rabid base has drunk way too much kool-aid and there are no brakes on this SJW train. They have just committed seppuku to themselves and my sides.

#DemNoCHIP

it's pretty impressive, they just threw a huge majority of US children under the bus for whatever secondary agenda they have. What the fuck was in that bill?

I think the shutting down gov over illegals is an angle that will work better with people on the right. I think what will get the left whipped up in a frenzy is the fact that dems are defunding the healthcare bill.

Those poor Black and white children do not mean as much to Dems as Illegals immigrants and DACA.

There you have it folks. The 5th column party of traitors who will choose illegal job-stealing disloyal foreigners over the health and well-being of your fellow citizens.

Hope the dems burn hard for this.

Joe Biden calling out millennials was big red pill. This is just icing on the cake.

That's not how it works. You can't just shut down a government just because you couldn't pass a bill. That's petty behavior.

>CHIP funding is the number one issue for American voters overall, according to a recent poll by Politico and the Harvard University School of Public Health.
I wonder when the last real poll was conducted in the US using any kind of sound methodology. Probably decades ago.

>Trump supported it
>Many republicans supported it
>Almost all of the dems said no

how is it trumps fault that the dems dont want healthcare for children?

Enough republicans voted in favor of it that if the dems had voted for it the bill would have passed, the dems ran on a campaign based around healthcare for children, and now they're defunding it.

It makes sense the republicans would say no because it was not part of their platform

they're opposing it because they don't want dreamers to be deported

the gop controls the entire federal government and can't even pass a fucking budget, lol
literally the first time in US history one party has dropped the ball this hard

>Trump supported it

How can you blame the other party for how the gov't is being run when you control both houses of Congress, and the White House? That is dumb as fuck.

Schumer is a pedophile, so are the rest of them, shut it down!!!

Added to the list.

#ReleaseTheMemo
#FusionCollusion 19th and Happening
Paul Ryan's inbox is full, call your own house members.
HAPPENING: Democrats Vote Against CHIP Funding Ahead of ‘Schumer Shutdown’

#DemsIllegalsOverCitizens

>Be republicans, run on a platform thats focus is not healthcare

>Republicans are dived on supporting it because that funding could go to campaign goals

>Be Democrats, run on a campaign explicitly focused on healthcare

>Almost unanimously decide against CHIP

Wow its almost as if the republicans have other goals but enough of them wanted to compromise (despite it not being part of their running platform and they have other obligations to fulfill) that it could have worked and the dems threw that out the window

Just rolls off the tongue

A leftist that can't do basic math. No surprise there.

They're ACTUALLY willing to defund children's health insurance to promote foreigner's interests over American workers. How the fuck could anyone vote Democrat after this?

what did they get wrong

You're right. How's this:
DemsPreferIllegals

Democrats hate children. Just look at Hillary.

See You need 60 votes.
Dems are being petty, there isn't anything in this bill that is absurd that they need to block it. They are just trying to push DACA.

Remember the last "shutdown", where spending on security and barriers actually went up as Obama closed off monuments and parks and breakdown lanes so people couldn't look at a mountain from a distance?
I don't see Trump pulling that petty shit.

How does the Democrat party still exist.

It baffles me. Plenty of republicans were willing to divert funding towards CHIP despite having campaign goals and an obligation to republican voters, they were still ready to support it.

The dems who ran on a PLATFORM BASED ON FUCKING HEALTHCARE almost unanimously decided AGAINST having CHIP.

The dems dont even want to fucking fulfill the obligation they have to the people who voted for them.

PIZZAGATE

demo-rats just cant stand it when they dont get their way. they throw a fit and fuck up, and blame wypipo for theit tantrum

>let's piggyback immigration legislation with CHIP for some dumb ads reason and spin the dems as heartless when they won't push it through

Dude ending the DACA would cost the economy billions, just fucking keep it and move on

Lots of billionaires, and (((trillionaires))), funding them

>demo-rats
lol nice

I love imagining that all the people in this thread are actually genuinely upset about this vote and not yelling in an echo chamber of bad faith

Send those fuckers home and give those jobs to Americans.

>Be dems
>Have an obligation to the citizens who voted for you to fulfill the explicit goals of the parties campaign platform
>Healthcare is the main focus
>Citizens want it
>Dems throw that away in favor of people they have zero obligation to

Wow its almost as if the democrats actually don't give a shit about healthcare or their voters.

Kill yourself you fucking kike.
Those beaner leeches are DRAINING us

Was it an omnibus bill? Was there any strings attached to it? If not why did the dems vote against it?

I'm talking like the pure cost of just implementing it, not even like replacing the jobs themselves

Yeah we're just a bunch of self-sabatoging nihilists with no moral compass or basic reasoning capacity just like you thought all along

Health care is a dead issue anyway. Insurance is fraud. Doctors are drug pushers. Poison and death. The best thing you can do for your health is to stay away.

Wow user. It's almost like they actually want to destroy this nation via demography. Why would that be the case?

haha wow, please kill yourself.
Letting 800,000 useless people come in + 3.2 million of their family members somehow "costs the economy billions?" Thanks for your retarded input, shareblue

I don't care about the cost.

Cool m8, still a fuckin waste of money at the end of the day
ibtimes.com/political-capital/government-shutdown-looms-ending-daca-would-cost-hundreds-billions-dollars-2642812?amp=1

Not even pro immigration, the bill is just horrendous

And also saves billions.
Plus, it's ridiculous to shut down the government just because they were unable to pass a bill they wanted.

I'm not even a Republican. I am anti-capitalist and libertarian. All I don't understand why the Democrats seemingly care more about foreigners and making it easier for low skilled people to immigrate to the US over benefits for the already struggling population. Why should we take in more people if we can't even take care of the people here? Why can't you just fucking pass the DACA and fund CHIP AND end chain migration/visa lottery/implement merit based immigration? How is that radical? I honestly don't get it.

*anti-libertarian

How the fuck do you justify it? How do you justify even defending the democrats in this situation?

of you raise a generation of children using public schooling, public utilities, etc and then kick them out right as they become old enough to contribute to the economy and pay back the investment I guess that just makes you a smart economist then

Do we have a hashag yet? we need to get one trending, not like twitter wont jew out but maybe some of your friends may see it and look into it? anyone have one, or any ideas?

It almost hard to believe this actually happened.

There are already tens of millions of illegal immigrants in America that put huge strain on the system, the answer is not to offer an incentive for more of them to jump the fucking border retard

lmao I know you think you’re being sarcastic but there’s no other logical explanation for your party’s dumb bullshit

Reagans amnesty was a one off and a bad move. Illegals are criminals and I damn well expect my taxpayer money to go to enforcing the rule of law. get them the fuck out.

>Authors of two 2017 studies estimate that the process would cost the country’s economy as much as $460 billion.
There is no fucking way deporting less than a million people is going to cost half a trillion dollars.

#schumershutdown seems to be the one we're using. Does anyone know if there are any good anti-trump tags we can hijack?

I don't think you get the big picture here.
Amnesty give a lot of incentives for illegal immgration, that is why illegal immigration exploded after the 86 amnesty.
And I'm not even talking about the demographics.

because they're trying to pass both DACA and CHIP extensions and not just CHIP
because allowing DACA to expire would be a fucking disaster

What's the significance in caring about a nation's economy if you don't have say over who lives in that nation?

Why should you care about anything more than what it costs you? The nation's economy may benefit (assuming you are correct), but the "nation" that benefits is a fundamentally different one under the two different scenarios.

You are a boomer, and I can smell you from here. Haven't you ruined the West enough for one generation?

>breitbart
>made in Israel

>if we can't get protections for illegal mexican children as well, then fuck american children!

>800,000

#DemsForIllegalsOverCitizens

#DemsForIllegalsOverMilitary

Cali went blue permanently after it.

democrats literally have a bill co-authored by Graham and flake that does EXACTLY THAT and trump won't sign it because he isn't getting 100% of his wall funding

The only way I can think of is they think of themselves as "world citizens" with an obligation to the global poor, and still delude themselves into thinking the American Dream exists and this is the same open frontier it was in the 1900s.

What about compromise? The Republicans want an immigration reform, most of the country does. It's clear something needs to be done for years now. I hate the GOP, but I think they're mostly right about immigration. They want a compromise, they pass DACA if you pass ending the visa lottery, ending chain migration, building a border wall/fence (this one is kinda stupid but it is a promise he made to the base and we have the 2006 Secure Fence Act authorizing it) and instituting a merit based system.

>Republicans control all three branches
>Democrats can still "shut down" the government
why is this allowed?

I don't think you understand what money is or how it works

Really? What's it called haven't heard about this

Why would it be a disaster? CHIP is something that a bipartisan majority of both parties want. Instead of being a petty bitch because you can't get your cake and eat it to they should pass the fucking bill without value adding. Withholding it because republicans across the board want to get rid of DACA (A campaign promise they made, that a majority of Americans voted for) is wrong.

Dems have an obligation to their voters to get the healthcare, GOP have an obligation to their voters to let the DACA expire.

Fuck Hasbara

Thet need the votes.
See

(You) so more people use this hashtag
^^, Also we dont want to make it particin with bringing in illegals

Enjoy an even bigger bullshit debt we can't repay. Muh feelz > realz once again. Absolutely insufferable.

Yet it was a republican that granted them citizenship. Are they blue solely for the gibs?

#MexicoFirst

Just Google durbin graham funding bill

>Attacking the source and not the content

Hi leftypol

republicans across the board want to KEEP DACA
you can find multiple trump quotes in the past 4 months saying he wants to keep it

they just want to use it as a bargaining chip and dems are calling their bluff

this bill is horrendous
it gives amnesty far beyond daca.
no significant changes in chain migration or visa lottery. Immigration would explode.

>THIS IS A FUCKING HUGE REDPILL MOMENTS FOR PEOPLE ON THE LEFT
>FIRE UP PHOTOSHOP BOYS ITS TIME TO GET TO WORK
>WE NEED TO DECIDE ON
>A hashtag
>Most convincing talking points
>Best meme format to use

Have you, and yall, ever stopped, looked at yourself, and realized how much of a tremendous faggot you sound like? This is stuff kids say.

>Ignores everything he said
>Resorts to basic ad hominem

top shit lowtestpol

Just goes to show just how much the Dems rely on illegal immigrants voting in blue areas to stay in power. They're willing to look bad on an issue pertaining to children (a political no no) to protect their goose.

>We need to take in illegal immigrants. Doing so will help us reduce our national debt.
My friends, how do we solve the BQ (Boomer Question)?

Dems are going to vote no on the cr that includes no border wall and no DACA. Just a hill to continue funding and avoid the shutdown.

first time on Sup Forums?

And the retards want to shut down the government just because they couldn't get this monstrosity passed. Ridiculous.

>control all three branches of the government
>blame the minority opposition for your failures
america sure is great