Why hasn't the tone and feeling of shows like Kanon (2006) and Clannad been able to be recreated since?

Why hasn't the tone and feeling of shows like Kanon (2006) and Clannad been able to be recreated since?

Those two shows were the result of collaboration between Kyoani and Key. Sometimes between when they aied and right now, Kyoani decided to keep making 1 cour adaptations of various LNs and gag mangas instead of doing Keyshit.

Key found other studios to make anime, but as you can see from the results, they've usually had pacing issues due to not allocating enough episodes per series.

Still upset there's no good LB adaption.
Reminder that JC did Rin's entire route in an after-credits scene.

Kanon 2006 is my favorite series.

Directors at Kyoani just know how to bring the best out of any material they adapt.

Shiori a best

Kanon in general is real comfy

Glad they made 2006, rather than letting it stand with just the original

Imagine if JC did Clannad.

Japan stopped animating nakiges thank god. All nakiges are shit. Clannad was no exception

Fuck you, mate, sometimes we all need a good cry

Go back to snk and bnh, kiddo. I need actual character development in my stories.

>keyshit
>actual character development

Planetarian's adaption was good I hear.

Nice try. Don't watch that shit. Though they're as bad as KEYAIDS
the writing and character development in these nakiges is aboutique as subtle as a shovel to the head.

>Good, grounded Drama
>Solved with MAGIC

goddamnit

clannad was shit, every character was retarded/autistic, i didn't feel atached to any of them.

>shiori
Didn't know Sup Forums had good taste.
KyoAni and Key need to collaborate again

You don't like magic?

No

He's an inquisitor! Burn him!

Burn's too good for him.

Why not?

How did we go from that to fucking pic related? How could 8bit even fuck up this badly?