I don't have enough favorite anime to fill a 3x3
4/10
2/2

7/9
-NHK, Aria

3/3

3/3 I didn't know there was a Godzilla anime

>I didn't know there was a Godzilla anime
Isn't Urobuchi writing one that is coming out soon?

It was directed by Anno, had a remixed Decisive Battle as BGM, and Gojira was basically another angel.

What's top-mid?

Devil May Cry 1

Naruto

I don't understand the love that webtoon gets.

Why have it be a 4x4 if there's going to be one large one taking up 4 squares in the center?

It looks better than a normal 4x4
If you want my true 4x4 then here but the center looks better in the other one

7/10
3/3
3/3
8/10
2/2

3/5 ++Mononoke
-Watamote,CG
Don't think I will end up watching any of these.
0/0
2/2 +Lain
Rate others
4,5/6 ++Eva,Haibane
+/- Gunslinger Girl
-Watamote

>Don't think I will end up watching any of these.
I've watched all of yours.

Why use such an odd EVA pic

I haven't made a 4x4.
6/13
4/6
2/4
4/4
5/9
10/11

Simply because I like the look of it and it meshes well with the pic above it.

++ Perfect Blue, Mononoke, Bebop, Tatami
+ Paranoia Agent, FMA, NHK, Aria, Ping Pong
+/- Kaiji, Watamote
- BnHA, CG
+/- K-on
+ After Story, Shin Godzilla, Haruhi
+/- Azumanga Daioh
++ Lain, Mushi
+ Joshiraku, Marnie
+/- King Gainer, Lucky Star, Natsume, K-on
+ Ninja Scroll
+/- Escaflowne
++ Mushi, Haibane, Eva
+ NHK, Panty
+/- Watamote
- Hidamari
>Anonymous 05/14/17(Sun)23:07:59 No.157216
Finding a blue Kaiba pic was a real drag
++ Kaiba, Casshern, Eva, Haibane, Mononoke
+ Gankutsuou, Tex, Banner of the Stars, Monster
+/- Ryvius
What's left of Casshern?
++ Kare Kano
+ Patlabor
+/- K-on, Hyouka, Windy Tales, Konosuba, UY, Gundam
- Ninja SLayer

Forgot to say that this one is probably better

Thanks,might end up using that one.

these threads make me cringe so hard for so many reasons

Aesthetics obviously?
OP's is the most aesthetic 4x4 I've ever seen.

You could try to be more subtle.

>Finding a blue Kaiba pic was a real drag
Had a similiar experience.
>What's left of Casshern? Wolf's Rain.

Whats left of Angels egg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_Rainbow

This is bait, right?

Im a huge faggot who doesn't rate but expects to be rated

>all that generic shonenshit

>all that generic shonen shit
>3 are shonen
ok

Tell me how shit I am

5/5

2/4

3/3

4/5

4/4, I appreciate the balls it takes to like Flash publicly, my brother.

6/6

4/5

3/3, What's the one on the left with the girl and all the reflections? I know I've seen it but I can't place it.

4/5

4/4

3/3

2/2

This is me, forgot to rate before I posted. Apologies. Here's a manga one.

I don't like Digibro, I don't even watch his videos regularly, only when a friend posts a random link. But every time I see one of these threads, that complaint he did makes more and more sense. To be clear, I have nothing against who puts the Oshiis, Yuasas and Miyazakis up front, they are great, but it always gets the impression that saying that you like shonen or something more "mainstream" and less "artistic" is seen as poor taste.

Read the thread, idiot. People post "mainstream" stuff all the time.

People post FMA, Watamote, NHK, TTGL, KLK, HXH, Panty and stocking, etc. in almost every thread. It's not just elitism

Honestly the idea that big name directors like those are elitist choices gives me a chuckle in itself. They're just so obvious and universally agreed upon as good almost. They're like the picks that would make up 1-10 of a bfi best 100 films list. It's like saying "I like Hitchcock, Kubrick and Fellini" the only people that would think those are elitist picks are those that know nothing bout film besides that which is in front of their nose. The same goes for the likes of Oshii, Miyazaki and Yuasa in a 3x3.

++Aria
+Tatami, Cowboy, Kaiji, Perfect Blue, Paranoia, Ping Pong
~FMA, BnHA, Watamote, NHK
-Geass
++K-On!
+Heartcatch
Am I a bad lolicon for not having seen the rest of this?
+Hanasaku
-Clannad
++K-On!
+Lain, Mushishi, Tamayura, Joshiraku, Hanasaku
~Tamako, Lucky Star, Natsume
++Eva
+Hidamari, Mushishi, Haibane
~NNB, Watamote
++K-On!, Hyouka, Kare Kano
~Konosuba, UY
++Eva
+Tatami, Perfect Blue,
~TTGL
-Shinkaishit
++Eva
+Haibane, Lain, Ping Pong, Shirobako
~TTGL, Gochiusa, NNB
You're not that shit
++Hyouka, Eva
+Monogatari, Penguindrum, GiTS, Gankutsuo

Only like 20% of the 3x3s are pure elitism, the others are typically only half

Digibro was right

I'm talking about the real "mainstream" animes, not the cult ones. I'm talking about Naruto, Bleach, Digimon, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya mainstream level. The kind that hits the masses.

Is there a difference between ~ and -?

Yeah ~ is just a faster way to do +/-.

Who is this digibro meme

If anything the real criticism would lay with making "safe" choices by picking those things not "elitist" choices. It can come across as trite and lacking in sincerity because it doesn't seem all that personal to say "I like 9 shows that almost everyone universally agrees up as good".

In truth though, there is no reason that can't be just as sincere. There is a reason they are almost universally agreed upon as good. It just often feels like it lacks a personal flair where upon you can see that an actual person with actual personal taste made it.

You get some people posting Dragonball and Digimon but to be honest the reason you don't see that much of those shows is because they very often aren't that great in one way or another. It isn't surprising that people who invest a lot of time into a medium would end up with wildly different favourites from those who just casually dip their toe in. The same can be said of any cultural pursuit from movies and music to novels. The more you consume of something the more developed your taste will become.

Some Youtube trash """""""""celeb"""""""""" that certain retards like this child here worships.

>I'm talking about Naruto, Bleach, Digimon, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya mainstream level.

Once you've seen more anime that stuff is just not that good. They're fun FIGHTAN SHOWS and I'm not looking down on anyone for liking them, but they aren't complex, don't usually really make you feel anything, don't have really unique or great art (Except maybe One Piece), and the characters are mostly made up of common archetypes. When you've seen more, they struggle to stand out in the crowd, even if just because they all get aped to hell and back when they get popular.

Plenty of us on here have been watching anime for 20+ years now, and we've found something that maybe has less mass appeal but appeals to our personal niche tastes. Put whatever you want on your 3x3 but don't expect people in actual anime-focused communities who watch hours and hours of this stuff every day to pick the formulaic hollywood blockbusters.

I picked that up from context, I mean what's this complaint he made that everyone's talking about?

This is like asking why someone who has watched a lot of movies isn't picking capeshit like Avengers or Hulk as his favorite movie.

In Sup Forums though people pick anime to make them seem smarter a lot. like Mononoke or Kaiba, which are both great shows but are more elitist. Look at OP, he's getting hounded for liking BnHA, Watamote and FMA, stuff that is loved almost everywhere else

Something about how a lot of people just like the same favorite anime like Gankutsuou or Monster or LoGH or Texhnolyze or Tatami Galaxy or Aria etc.

Oh

Those are all good though

And then look at the post below OP full of "dumb" shows that nobody is critcsing that poster for. It has nothing to do with how smart those shows are.

Maybe people just genuinely like shit with that kind of atmosphere, man.

I do. If you ask me to search deep inside myself and ask myself if I like One Piece or Dragon Ball (both of which I really do like) more than Mononoke, I'm never going to come up with "Yes" as an answer. I'd rather be true to what I actually enjoy watching than adjust it to try to seem less tryhard or something.

For the record, Mononoke isn't on my 3x3 though.

Mainly because people haven't seen most of those shows

I for one don't find it particularly surprising that a community primarily made of late teen to college aged nerdy males prefers their anime "smart".

That's one of the things that always surprises me about this complaint too. People somehow expect to see a diversity of choices but never stop to consider that firstly just by being a person browsing Sup Forums Sup Forums you are self-selecting and restricting the demographic. Then further to that to be the kind of person that would post in these threads you are restricting even further. The group of people actually posting in here is probably fairly homogeneous in demographic composition thus it isn't all that surprising to see a relative homogeneity and lack of diversity in preferences.

Yeah I'm sure most people haven't seen im@s, GuP, Strike Witches, K-On, and Denpa Kanojo

>late teen to college aged

I'm 30 though.

W-was I supposed to leave at some point?

Stop memeing at each other, post 3x3s and rate

And if not alike purely in a demographics sense then at least like minded by virtue of being here.

AESTHETIC

Well as the poster of that statement I am closer to 30 that anything too but its just the impression I have of those that post here mostly.

3/4 I'm one of tge few guys who don't like bebop
2/2 I need to watch more moe
2/3 It's a Marnie nii-chan
2/3
3/4 what is top right and why does it remind me of shit like shuffle
3/4

fogot my 3x3

3/4

I don't understand how someone can dislike Bebop. Not on my 3x3, but it's just so stylish and inoffensive.

>le Sup Forums hivemind meme
I've seen two of those shows.

What a weird taste you got.

It's Kotonoha no Niwa

>being proud of being new

Never got invested with any of the characters and I found their chemistry more frustrating than endearing.
The Jazzy Suave style was never really my thing, I guess I was just never brought up with that kind of media. Although it wasn't nearly as painful as the hip hop style of Samurai Champloo.
Really I think it's pretty consistant if you look at Higurashi which is my favourite thing ever. To me Higurashi is a mixture of psychological thriller and slice of life about a group of broken people who bottle up their issues so that they can maintain their friendship, the exploration of these character's personalities is done via the use of time loops and unreliable Narrarotors.
By using that information you could figure out that SOL and Psycholigical anime are my favourite genres, that should explain K-on, NHK, Paranoia Agent and Marnie.
Jintai provided me with the closest character to Rika alongside a unique approach to a post-apocalyptic setting combined with a dry sense of humor and satirism. Bakuman on the other hand is the most insperational work I've experianced.
Finally Mirai Nikki and Death Note are mostly their because of Nostalgia from my edgy phase, I don't really think either anime is good.
サンキュウお兄さん

I'll give you K-on and Strike witches and mybe Panzer and idol but none of the others

>fellow PA lover
my man

I wish we had "a good like a mediocre like a bad like rest unknown" guy back

That guy was autistic as fuck though. I forget what his MAL username was now.

>That guy was autistic as fuck though.
Nah, he was a robot.

youtube.com/watch?v=QUqJKBroqfk
Goods like Hero Academia, Bebop Cowboy, and Code Geass, a mediocre like original FMA, and bads like Paranoia Agent and Watamote, rest unknown.
A bad like Girls und Panzer, rest unknown.
I think top left is from a music video. A mediocre like Clannad, Godzilla is not anime, rest unknown.
A 1/10 like SEL, a good like King Gainer, rest unknown.
A good like Escaflowne, middle right looks like Ninja Scroll, middle looks like Curse of The Yoma, rest unknown.
A good like Haibane Reimei, a mediocre like Panty Stocking, a bad like Watamote, rest unknown.
A bad like Casshern Sins, a good like NGE, a mediocre like Kaiba, and a 1/10 like Infinite Ryvius, rest unknown.
A bad like Patlabor, a good like 0079, rest unknown.
A mediocre like Monster (still have 11 eps to go, ugh) and Erased, a good like End Eva and TTGL, rest unknown although Nostalgia Critic praises bottom left.
A good like Angel's Egg and EoE, a mediocre like Kaiba and Hommenaise, rest unknown.
None aside from previously recognized are known.
A good like NGE and Ghost hell 1.0, a mediocre like Giant Robo, a bad like Penguindrum, rest unknown.
All unknown
A mediocre like Cardcaptor Sakura and FLCL, a good like NGE, a bad like Utena, rest unknown.
A bad like Paranoia Agent, a good like Death Note and Future Diary, rest unknown.
All unknown.
Autism vacant from cerebral organ.

A good like you

Why the eva music?

Humans respond to epic returns, audio in the form of music aids cerebral response, emotions expected: Anxiety, fear, joy, sadness, anger, depression, libido, misery, happiness, angst, awe, and surprise.

Oh fuck he's back! I missed you

The autistic legend continues

That's not autism though

well look who's back

'bout time you returned

r8, you faggot

Goods like Genesis Aquarion, Future Diary, Death Nose, and Zegapain, rest unknown.

>Death Nose

Sorry, couldn't even make it to 6

Watch more anime.

I know I have _shit_ taste, but here's the stuff I had the most fun watching

Sasuga Onee-sama

I watched like 800 (dropped 600 of them)

he's not really one to talk when his favorite anime is fucking k-on