Operation Assthereum Subversion. A quest to save PC Gaming!

This Cryptocurrency mining using GPU's has got to stop! If gamers cannot afford or even find video cards, we will eventually become a generation behind the Xbox and Playstation consoles. Developers will decide not to support the PC. If a Buttcoin or Assthereum miner builds a system with nine video cards, that is possibly nine lost opportunities for a developer to sell a game!

Here are my initial thoughts on what we can do.

Spread rumors about the coming cryptocurrencies crash. I would never suggest anyone spread false information or write fake news stories...
Call congress, the president, grandma, the treasury department and demand these "currencies" be regulated or shut down! The only people who use these currencies are blackmailers, money launderers, tax evaders, and terrorists!!
These programs are open source, so the source code can be downloaded and changes to the program can be made...if the system were to somehow get bogged down with false information or even DDos, crypto mining could become less profitable.
Tell your friends and other message board sites to get involved. Except 9gag, those guys are lame.
Just think about it...all cryptocrap currencies crash and mining becomes unprofitable, what you do with all those computers with 9 video cards... probably sell them. The market would become flooded and we would get really cheap video cards on Ebay.

PC gaming is saved!

I honestly do not see the utility of cryptocurrencies. And lets be honest, does anyone believe for a minute that banks and governments will allow their currencies to be displaced with something they cannot control? It is just a matter of time. Lets get this over with and save PC gaming!

dude just buy a badass card you normally could not afford and mine when your not playing. it will pay for itself.

>system with nine video cards, that is possibly nine lost opportunities for a developer to sell a game!
PC master race pirates games you retard

>I honestly do not see the utility of cryptocurrencies
Because you're a poor pleb who plays gaymes you dumb faggot

>saving PC gaming
no, give up your fucking toys you soyboy
>it goes in all fields

fuck you kike nigger faggot.
we made gaming a sport.
we gave you fucking counter-strike and quake.
and you ruined it.
fuck you.

The best games aren't that demanding gpu wise, quit buying triple a big studio games unless its proven to be a very good game, like the Witcher, or Metal Gear series, EA/Cod and the rest can just die.

I want ETH to hit 10k, fuck your NEET vidya PC.

>I work for intel and after meltdown I don't want AMD to sell shit.
kays

I would like to purchase a GTX 1060 6GB, but I do not want to spend $500. They should be around $265, but the greedy Assthereum assholes have bought them all

Never gonna happen. The government will step in and this scheme will burst.

This.

I've heard your cries my children.
This abomination that has plagued you shall be decimated and serve as the seed corn for a new age. The tape shall be painted at :
And that will mark the end. I thought you'd enjoy the digits.

I currently have a Radeon 5770. Those AAA titles that you mentioned are exactly why I want a new card.

I doubt you personally did shit...

You are just afraid about the inevitable bubble...

sage

not Sup Forums
I haven't seen this much shilling for months
#ReleaseTheMemo
you're finished shareblue

You do realize every memecoin out there was released into the public ONLY because all possible coin hashes have already been computed, or are readily available through a much simpler, more efficient algorithm?

This is indeed a wealth transfer, and it looks like it was, in part, an attempt by storefronts to artificially drive up RAM and GPU prices. However, vendors don't like it one bit - we're going to see the market flooded with cheap, used 1080s as soon as bitcoin is "done".

Thats what I am hoping for...I just want to speed it up!

amd and nvidia are making cards specifically for shitcoin normiecoin mining that won't have ports for hooking them up to your monitor.

it'll fix itself soon

Just keep spreading that info, then.

Memecoin == already done. All hashes have already been computed. Nobody in their right mind would create a cryptocurrency without giving themselves absolute control over it. They can all crash over night with a sudden influx of new coins, and the ensuing withdraw of everyone else's money. The Chinese are wise to pull out now, since the know this. Everyone else should follow suit.

bitcoin isn't mined with gpu's

Actually, they hate it.

Their compute-only cards are marketed to the govt/research firms. Coiners might buy up gobs of the consumer version, only to dump used goods on the market afterwards. Unpredictable and expensive. Both nVidia and AMD want their predictable gamer market back.

makes sense

>spread fake news
>demand regulations

I WONDER WHO IS BEHIND THIS POST

>PC gaming is saved!
>I honestly do not see the utility of cryptocurrencies. And lets be honest, does anyone believe for a minute that banks and governments will allow their currencies to be displaced with something they cannot control? It is just a matter of time. Lets get this over with and save PC gaming!

I don't WANT to believe anyone could be this stupid but I know in my heart it is true.

>If a Buttcoin or Assthereum miner builds a system with nine video cards, that is possibly nine lost opportunities for a developer to sell a game!
Holy shit, user, take an economics class.

ann btfo
is she even trying?

Games blow anyway now.

this is the stupidest post i have ever read on this website

no coiner detected

>bitcoin isn't mined with gpu's
Lol, get a load of this fucking retard.

Not concerned about gaming here, more concerned about the effect this is having on HPC in general.

Coin mining is as useless as it gets: MW down the drain for a tulip. A waste of energy. When they're done with the cards, they dump them on ebay, fucking up sales of any new technology. Its an unpredictable market appealing only to storefronts and resellers. Vendors hate it.

I hate it because they might actually divert resources into this useless field.

> New currencies will fix all that ails us.
> Greedy assholes less inclined to be greedy or assholes when they aren't held accountable

Yeah, no.

what is the best gpu for VR headset gaming?

(rolling on the floor laughing)

Stop playing Vidya.

Wow I guess I got a good price on my 1070 8gb then. Already paid for it with mining proceeds. Good times.

anything above a GTX 970

and they are either all gone or overpriced.

>PC gaming is saved!
Get out.

>making profits with your videocard which you're going to spend in the real world is a waste

>sitting on a computer playing retarded videogames where you larp as the next Hitler/Fascist in some homo grand strategy game is not a waste of time

Lol KYS Sup Forumsuttmad nocoiners

>coming to a board full of nazis asking to troll the entire concept of cryptocurrency to death simply to preserve frames in your favoured gaming platform that only exists to mod in horsecocks onto everything

Alright fuck it, I'm in.

Now why would we do that, kike? Crypto is the only way we can perform large scale agorist counter-economics. Crypto is the only chance we have at finally toppling the government to anarcho capitalism peacefully.

poorly worded question, the best is going to be the top tier most expensive gaming GPU (dont get the computing based titan class or whatever)

The most reasonable would probably be a 1060 6gb or 1070 6gb 1060 6gb card will probably do just fine in most cases and its like $300 which isnt insane.

Problem is VR is like the wii...sure its cool at first but it will quickly collect dust, the games are all meh and gimmicky right now.

Bingo

>muh vidya
kys famalam
>in all fields

Don't hurt bitcoin, let it grow and grow till it bursts like stock in the 1920s, the resulting economic recessions should create catalysts for NatSoc and Fascist movements to rise.

it literally isn't mined with gpu's anymore.

ASIC chips are used.

this is a dumb idea, lets stop this it's stupid. lets all just go to sleep. *yawn* I'm very tired. my pillow calls.

>Kekistani flag
>Caring about video games
>Hating cryptocurrencies
>Forgetting that supply will eventually meet demand as the price and supply shift
HMMM
REALLY ACTIVATES MY ALMONDS

BEST POST EVER!

Or just someone wanting to buy a GPU. 1080's went from $350 to $1000 over the course of a week, and for some reason the cucks at Nvidia aren't ramping up production to meet demand. It's fucking stupid to have 2 year old GPU's selling for 2x MSRP.

Bitcoin becomes useless once quantum computing takes hold. You're actually one of those morons who think crypto is a viable replacement as an alternative currency.

All this crypto mining is hebrew to the core. only jews try make money without doing anything and claim it's legit. do you think albert einstein ever picked up a shovel and did any fucking work in his life? no, because he was a dumb kike who was good at math.

best price for the 1060 6gb I can find is $350 about $100 more than it was just a little bit ago. It's annoying is all...That would get me Witcher 3 and another...

Typo, $500 to $1000

Says the nervous Assthereum miner...

Spread your FUD and /biz/ will enjoy buy the dip and profit massively . stay poor faggot.

That's insane. I bought mine at release for $280 or something like that. That's, what, 2 years ago?
Fuck this market. I'm sure glad I didn't wait for prices to "settle down" after release to jump in, like I normally do.

HAHA holy SHIT they actually cost $600 now

I got mine for like 350

Yeah its crazy...Its good for video card makers, but bad for gamers.

PC gaming destroyed vidya for everyone.
Gone are the days of the challenge, the arcade style is dead. Fighters aren't a thing anymore. Run and gun, shmups, even good quality platformers are mostly dead. What do we have? FPS trash and WRPG/team based trash. PC trash.
We sold gameplay for graphics.

Stay poor.
Shame it has more to do with GPU companies jewing you or have garbage manufacture capabilities.
People mine with ASICs now.

THAT

Newegg screen of video cards above 6GB sorted by price low to high. Half are not available

God bless crypto miners. Hahaha. Gaymers are so fucking assblasted about this, it's delicious.

Ethereum is the big meme these days, and it's primarily done with GPU's.

Lol just like when btc most recently 10x'd right

Only hobby miners use gpus anymore. still funny watching gaymerz get their panties in a twist. just play console faggots

Eth has a plan to transition away from proof of work. No real timeline, but it's a long term goal of the platform. Once that happens you'll get your gpu market back.

>all hashes have already been computed
What did he mean by this

good
let it rot, let it die
I will play my pirated vidya forever while watching assfaggots extinction

It means everyone mining bitcoin is doing nothing but entering a lottery which has already been won. The shekels handed out by the laughing ex-IC agents to every retarded drug dealer that wants to be the next Dread Pirate, are worthless compared to the kickbacks they are getting. I don't understand why anyone would pay into a "new" currency that doesn't offer 100% transparency to the people who own it, rather than the governments that it was made to escape.

this won't be a problem once dedicated cards designed specifically for mining exist

nvidia is already working on it btw

>Sup Forums is that away.

I'm with you. We must unite Sup Forums against the evil schemes of /biz/! Tough government regulations and honest pay are the only way!