Why the fuck is AnoHana so highly regarded?

Why the fuck is AnoHana so highly regarded?

If i wanted cheap teenage drama that makes no fucking sense I'd watch the latest hollywood cashgrab series

First of all, the whole cast were all unlikable fucks.
Menma was annoying as hell and spent half her scenes crying. This was supposed to be the cheerful girl mind you
Anaru went from being influenced by her slut friends to being influenced by her deranged childhood friends. Such character progression!!
Yukiatsu was supposed to be the asshole yet ended up being the more likeable of the group for being able to mock himself instead of skulking in self-pity and cheap tears like everyone else
The only one of the group that had any reason to be as obsessed with Menma as they were was Jintan for being the only one able to see her ghost. All of the other's actions made absolutely no fucking sense except maybe based glasses girl

I spent like 2 or 3 episodes sad, then it became an emotional shitshow that I felt was just trying to get a reaction out of me instead of dealing with the characters' clear issues in a satisfying, or at the very least convincing way.

Tell me Sup Forums, why?

same reason your lie in april is, babby's first drama

Anohana was good user. Obviously you won't understand it if you didn't have childhood friends.

I watched it because a friend of mine recommended it to me and because of anaru doujins. Hot garbage.

It wasn't that bad user. They're all like 15 of course they're all retards

I know it's cheap melodrama, but the scene with the mom breaking down gets to me every time. The pain and grief she feels towards her daughters death is on a completely different level than Jintans and the rest of the cast.

The cast was alright and your issues with it are pretty dumb. They're all 15 and they can't be "to intelligent for emotions" like you OP.

The big issues were with how long it took menma to reveal that she can move things to the cast and how poppo had a really weak connection to menma reveal. I thought his was going to be that he accidentally pushed her into the lake or something which would've been better writing than "I saw her fall in".

It was the best 12 episode drama show I've seen. It obviously can't compare to shows that can take the time to flesh out characters more (ie. 24+ episode shows)

>It was the best 12 episode drama show I've seen.

>person dies
>keep a fucking shrine dedicated to them in your house
superior nihon culture

I wasn't wowed by it overall, but the first episode was seriously excellent. Easily one of my favorite single episodes of an anime ever.

It is not really a matter of insist.

Agree, it was mediocre

rec me something better

I have no idea

Evangelion.

I just watched this last week, I was also underwhelmed. I get that they're trying to show the different ways people go through grief (Menma's ghost functions more as a plot device than an actual character), but I think the story focuses on the wrong things, instead of properly examining the characters and their feelings. It was an okay premise but they executed it poorly.

Saikano.

although it was enjoyable to watch until the super cringey ending

>generic haremshit
>not even spelled correctly
>better than anything else

Ef

>>generic haremshit
>>not even spelled correctly
>>better than anything else

Excuse me? Harem? How would you even think that?

I thought you meant Saekano. I'm sorry, I have autism.

why was the girl's called anal tho

>people talking about how much they cried at the end
>mfw felt nothing
the whole thing was kind of stupid

Sounds like you consider realistic personalities and character development to be a negative. I recommend you go back to your battle shonen threads like the good 12-year-old you are.

>your lie in april
April is your lie
Godammit use the correct fucking translation of the name.

Boku no Clannad + ASPico.

New to Japanese?

>realistic personalities and character development
>guy crossdresses as dead little girl to runs in through the woods for years
Okada couldn't write realistic drama to save her life.

I watched one episode. It was complete garbage in every way for 18 minutes, then kinda got okay for the last 2. Is this how the entire show is gonna be?

Babby's first drama

Anohana had great characterization. They were all strong and distinct. It was a nice ensemble. If you think otherwise than give me a better counter-example.

>that sudden Anaru confession
What the fuck? She didn't show signs of feelings for him until then and then they disappear.

>being this imperceptive
It was blatant since the first flashback to that scene where he runs away instead of confessing

>She didn't show signs of feelings for him
Are you serious?

Maybe when she was younger but not as a high schooler. She didn't show interest up to that point and after the confession she drops her sudden feelings.

You can bury your feelings, but they don't disappear. It's the reason she'd been avoiding him at the beginning of the show, and the reason seeing him in that state made her feel terrible and she just didn't want to be around him anymore. As soon as she fell back in with the old gang, her feelings resurfaced. And even before that, she was all too willing to comply with his schizophrenic demands like playing Nokemon.

Oh, and nobody got over their feelings. The cold bitch still likes the crossdresser, the crossdresser still likes a dead girl and envies the mc, the gyaru still likes the mc, the mc is still in love with the dead girl, and the fat guy is still guilt-ridden. And they might always remain that way and just have to fucking deal with it, which is a big part of the show.

You're so fucking dense I'm surprised the earth hasn't been consumed by your gravitational field.

>She didn't show interest
Yes she did.

>And they might always remain that way and just have to fucking deal with it, which is a big part of the show.
Didn't you watch the film? They were all doing a lot better and there was obviously something going on between the cold girl and pretty boy. Jin and Anaru on the other hand didn't get any type of closure.

>film
No, I didn't.

Official translations trump real translations, sadly. Case in point: Attack on Titan.

They're in college, with the exception of the chubby guy who works. They were all doing a lot better and were no longer guilt-ridden about Menma's death. Cold girl and pretty boy go to the same college of course, and they obviously have something going on. We get teased with Jintan x Anaru, thinking something with happen from her side but nothing does.

>something with happen from her side but nothing does.
That is because she didn't actually love him.

I'm glad I didn't see that, then. I probably would have projected pretty boy using cold girl and cold girl putting up with is despite being aware, as always.

And Anaru never had the mc's interest, but a lack of closure wouldn't really work for this type of anime.

I remember watching the first episode along with Sup Forums, everyone was crying about their NEET life and there were many greentext stories about deceased friends.

>I probably would have projected pretty boy using cold girl and cold girl putting up with is despite being aware
Nah, they were in a really good place. I was happy for them.

>Anaru never had the mc's interest
I disagree, but each their own.

Menma is nearly the perfect metaphor for a wasted childhood that can't ever be regained. I get the feeling most anons here are the type of person who never went through the experience of blushing furiously at the prospect of holding hands with a girl.

It's why I feel at home here, and it's why this fucking series hit a nerve so deep I woke up with tears in my eyes after dreaming about it for the next three days after I finished it.

>highly regarded
By whom?

What's the real for shingeki?

MAL, reddit, ie places that matter.