that fucking beard
it always triggers me

he's in position where he can pretend not to care

New season when?

>pretend

Love that fucker
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

He had a point.

He makes a lot of good points in that whole interview.

>"Shinji reflects my character, both in conscious and unconcious part

fucking mad man, he self insert in his own work and put 3 waifus next to him

>"They (Japanese) can't handle strong women such as Misato and Asuka."

And there goes my respect for Anno. Fucking SJW nip

>Anno's a SJW because he calls out Japs as beta nu-male faggots
Okay.

>"Fucking Jap Pussies can't handle women who make them feal weaker emotionally/physically"
>Wow what an SJW
You're a faggot

This guys calls out anime creators as autists yet this entire interview comes off as incredibly autistic.

How the hell is that SJW? God, I fucking hate this place.

Anno actually has autism though

Anno has repeatedly stated that the Christian symbolism in NGE is nothing more than stylistic. It has no deeper meaning. I'm not surprised even the title of the series means nothing

>2017
>still taking the Anno pill

>People still forcing this meme

Just because it's not intended to have a deeper meaning doesn't mean there is none.

All religious references are all perfect metaphors/reflections of the characters and the plot. Choosing religion may have been random, but non religious reference falls out of place relative to the plot or theme.

Not to mention Anno is autistic as fuck, so I wouldn't take the "translated" interviews at face value if they don't pick up his nuance.

Otaku likes Rei because muh doll/ submissive girl
For Asuka bisedes Anno, is just muh Tsundere
Misato is for Cakefags, a rare thing in nipland

Misato is Asuka
Ritsuko is Rei
Kaji is Shinji

>asuka/misato
>strong womens
lmao

It's more like allusion, not exactly symbolism.

An entire race of men can't handle strong women? How can you read such trash and not understand its foundations?

Feminism at it's finest. See Ghostbusters portrayal of men and women.

why do people say rei is submissive ? she slapped shinji when he talked shit about his father.

But she did nothing but give him the cold shoulder when he literally hopped on top of her and slid straight to second base.

because she was not scare of him ?

Especially in EoE, it goes too far to have it still be just allusions, it's full blown christian symbolism thrown in your face for a large chunk of that movie. You've got MP Evas with angle wings, crosses out the wazoo all over Earth, characters straight up saying that Unit 01 and/or Rei is the new God, Adam and Eva, etc. etc.

he fell on top of her accidentally and Rei was observant enough to recognize that fact. she doesn't really seem to have a sexual side at all and her breast getting touched is just like any other part of her body to her

I forget to see this, what exactly are you trying to approach the subject of symbolism? Especially on Anno's part on this? No, tell me, give me your interpretation of the metaphysical that you people praise so much for?

He pretends Eva doesn't mean anything because he's tired of retards like that guy asking questions about it
>robot-looking thing
It's not that complicated of a show

Yeah, "accident" after he "accidentally" entered her apartment uninvited and "accidentally" decided to start fucking with her property.

The concept of EVAs were basing off of Japanese Oni. That's it.

Watch that scene again, he accidentally fell on top of her. He intentionally entered her apartment but didn't know she was even home.

Kinda unrelated does there happen to be a schematic for the NERV base?
finished the series a couple days ago and I'm still fucking confused on where exactly the base is located inside Tokyo 3.

>Nips like inferior waifus like Rei because they're weak and unmanly

Anno is absolute god-tier in this interview.

Anno is a liar and is just a humble fuck hiding his autisticness

Pic very related

His prediction on the anime industry is spot on.

Also somthing that the animu didn't seem to cover was Unit 01 being Yui. I think it mentioned it once or something but how exactly did it happen?

Second
that nigga saw the future

a lot of the good animu comes from blending shit from outside into the medium instead of circling in on itself like a snake eating its own tail

>Death and rebirth of anime in five years.
Ahahahahaha! Bitch please! Anno is an idiot. Anime is already dead and the industry is running a corpse, not a rebirth.

That's something Gainax was always very good at. Unlike Trigger almost all their products at the end of the day were incredibly different even down to the setting

She got LCL'd into it, I don't recall exactly why though

>most anime makers are basically autistic
Truly, a man ahead of his time.

That's not what he said though. He's saying both the people watching and the people working in the industry should go outside more often.

Are you a Leaf?

Butthurt fag gets told on Sup Forums. Claims Feminist agenda. No one cares. Adorable.

Is this real life?

> Should go
Ok, those working in the industry are fucking dying of overwork, but guess what, the choose to do so because they are in the position of working in a place similar to a sweatshop with very minimal pay, but that is the thing. That's the only thing they have. Seriously, at this point, working in a ramen shop is better pay, but the anime industry is the only thing they have for a living while dealing with eating a cup ramen, day-in and day-out. Sure, they should go out more, at the cost of no-pay compared to shitty pay, but that is still something. Mind you, there needs to be reform, but this country is rather conservative. People working have no chance and you tell them they should go out more. It's like guy who is obese saying he is going to starve in front of the guy who is skin and bones.
> People watching.
What else are they going to do, sight-see? Mind you, this is a rather conservative country, life there is rather boring. Seriously, they made all kinds of crap focusing on America or politics. And you think there's alot to explore.

> Butthurt EVAfags get told on Sup Forums for their ignorance of the issue.
> They don't understand modern-day feminism
> They say they don't care, but they replied anyway.
How fucking cute. Is this real-life. Here I am just mocking you.

Let me guess, user gets called out for punctuation, then called out for parrot, or the EVAfag ends up making some half-assed reply towards feminism despite the fact that they were ignorant.

But is that the only attribution that 01 has to her? is she the soul of it?

Also I found 'blueprints' to the NERv base but now I'm even more confused. How do they get the EVAs to the surface? EoE has shown that NERV is underneath the surface that's under Tokyo-3 so how do they get them up there? Is NERV that big?

Most of those are "IN YOU FACE" symbolism. You have to never heard about Christianity not to get those things.
There is, however, a LOT of much harder to get religious references. Anno put a fucking lot autistic detail behind the design of the series. He just wont admit it.
Most if not all angels have concept derivative from their namesake. For instance, the one with the paper arms name translate into "Arm of God", the possessed Eva translate to "Humiliated Son of God".
The point is, that is just world building, and dont hold any deeper meaning that their appearance.

Evangelion is loaded with symbolism relative to the themes of the series and the concepts the main characters represent, but all of the Biblical imagery and terms are purely aesthetic. There are no Christ-metaphors. I guess you could say the Death&Rebirth of humanity during Instrumentality are Biblical allusions, but those aren't really pertinent to what Eva is about, they just tie into the stylistic trappings.

Human relationships between the self and others, the hedgehog's dilemma, and "leaving the womb" are really the most central themes of the show

Yui had herself absorbed into Eva-01's then-dormant core on purpose, to become immortal and float through space as a permanent representative of humanity's existence. And also to give herself control of the outcome of Instrumentality, which she knew SEELE was planning to enact and she wanted to prevent them turning everyone into tang

> Same stock reply of EVA SYMBOLISM
> Interpersonal relations
Sure, ok. Why not?
>leaving the womb
Maturity or growth, mere hypocrisy by the end.

Yui got liquified into LCL like shinji did, it was the "event that happened 10 years ago" ritsuko talked about. The entirety of Yui's body, mind and soul reside inside the EVA. She is the personality of 01.
There are a bunch of dead failed EVAs under nerv HQ. There gotta be a reason why they dont work.
On the other hand, all the evas we see working with detail (unit 00, 01 and 02), have souls on it.

So i assume the evas are soulless useless bodies unless you put some soul in them, and i dont think Nerv can CREATE souls, so you gotta put people on it. The Evas with soul then start working, but will only accept people with deep emotional bond.

I had somehow taken away that the EVa units needed a soul in them that was related to them in some way. this was just my retarded hypothesis at the time and I don't remember what it was that made me think it, but I had figured at one point that the reason specific pilots were needed was because of their relationship to the soul in the EVA unit.
Obviously now it doesn't make sense I had though:

Asuka Mom in 02:
Toji Sister in Unit 03.

>There are no Christ-metaphors
As Shinji is getting crucified with 01 and becomes the new god of humanity, he recieves stigmata. He also gives humanity a new chance to live (although he isnt a pure savior. It is strongly implied he was also the reason everyone got tanged in the first place).
The metaphor is there, at least some of it.

thats symbolism son, not a metaphor.

>Maturity or growth, mere hypocrisy by the end.

what did he mean by this

Look at this fuck.

"Shinji as Jesus" is really the only Biblical metaphor you could come close to justifying, and even that's a stretch that could only be applicable to events in EoE. Shinji is way too fucked up to be a stand-in for Christ though and more in need of a savior himself.

Because she is constantly obeying orders with no regard for herself, for which Asuka hates her. She's basically Gendo's puppet until rejecting him in EoE. That's why she slapped Shinji, because his dad who he insulted was the person she was closest to.

Well, asuka mom soul is right. She is in unit 02. Im trying to find real source to this shit, but all i can find link back to Evageeks.
But if i remember correctly, the theory / explanation is: Asuka mom, a researcher at Nerv, did a experiment with 02 similar to what Yui did with 01, and an accident happened. The part of her soul that loved asuka got stuck into 02, part was recovered, but went crazy because of having a fucked up soul.
Asuka them is chosen to become a pilot because 02 will accept her.

Very little is known about toji, but it is assumed it was his dead mother, also savaged into an eva. But who knows what Nerv/Seele could do with his sister while she was in the hospital.

Everything wrong with Evangelion only makes it better.

Ok, I guess i got it wrong, it was more symbolism than metaphor. He doesnt match nearly anything, was just put in a similar situation.

takes one to know one, they say

Is this real? Not edited?

yeah Toji kinda stops being relevant after he gets out of the EVA unit. I've not watched the rebuilds so I couldn't tell you if it was because of budget issues in the original series or if he actually just stopped being relevant.

"Anno" re-arranged spells "user"
we really are the Neon Genesis Evangelion

Don't worry there was a time I subscribed to the "Shinji-Jesus" metaphor theory as well. It could be argued but I don't think it holds up, and the Japs don't care too much about Christian theology for it to be something Anno would make central to the series anyway

Unit00 soul: kid Rei (or Ritsuko's mom Dr. Akagi) (or has a soulless core, and is only operable by Rei since she is Lilith and can control an Eva similar to how Kaworu/Adam does)
Unit01 soul: Yui
Unit02 soul: Asuka's mom's motherly half
Unit03 soul: Toji's mom most likely, all of the kids in Shinji's class have one dead parent or are orphans I believe

Evageeks has settled on it being Rei I inside Unit 00 on account of how it tries to kill first Gendo then Dr. Akagi
Though its weird because i remember Rei (II) was also in Unit 00's way in the control box when it tried to turn Akagi into paste so eh

shinji was the fucking Messiah, even in the latin dub of the main title song they call him Messiah.

The Latin dub actually did a cover on the song?

> Crucifixion
> Martyr
> Jesus
The aspect is rather not accurate in consideration of Shinji not really a martyr. Jesus was a martyr, not Shinji

I thought Anno hated the west and adopted western ideals. How fucking amusing.

here's another ones of my questions senpai.
after watching EoE, Asuka's last line kinda fucked me over a bit.

Given how the ending of the series they jump around all over the fucking place and I can't tell what's real or fake.
Did that scene with Asuka bullying Shinji around the table and than him choking her out actually happen?

If not then is that Asuka at the end the Asuka in Shinji's mind? otherwise why would she call him disgusting, even after showing him affection?

Shinji has a jump scare with kid Rei (Rei I) when he tries to activate it, so i believe she was inside.
>Rei (II) was also in Unit 00's way in the control box
Kid Rei seem really disturbed and even a little evil.

She is one of the most confusing plot points of the entire story for me. She is also a fragment of Lilith's soul? Was Rei I more "complete" personality wise, but dying split her soul and Rei II is much more docile?

>latin dub
Shinji is literally filled with sin.

The last two episodes really were not that bad, it closed everything out nicely considering the deconstruction of the main cast leading up to the finale. I honestly feel like its a meme that the last two episodes were bad.

Anno is premium tier hypocrite.
He is SUPER otaku, asuka was his waifu, hes super nerdy.
And yet he strongly advocate against this lifestyle.

To the first one, i had assumed it was a skit manifesting itself out of the emotions between them while they were both Tang'd since it was in the context of a whole bunch of other skits like kid shinji in the playground and another ride on the introspection train

On the beach i can guess its yet another manifestation of the horribly mixed emotions between them. Caring and hurt, hate and relief. Those two are codependent and they still have to work that out as survivors.

Whether they kill each other or ultimately help after the end of the movie i think is left to the viewer.

I don't think he is a hypocrite as much as he hates himself, EVA reflected that in a sense I believe with the whole "Shinji needs to learn to love himself." and the ultimate message that its okay to go outside and interact with other people.

newfriend to the series here. I actually kinda liked the resolution in the last two episodes.. desu the only one I think I didn't really like was the Kaworu episode where he's only alive for that one episode, somehwat completely changes shinji's character and then dies. I can't really say I hate him since I don't really get it, but it felt so different and out of place and didn't really do much for the plot. he failed in the end after accomplishing nothing.

>But it didnt end with muh action shounen battle
The entire series was shaping up to some epiphany shit that help them improve their lives (or a bad end resulting in permanent mental damage to the characters, but it wasnt really the case). The TV ending delivered this epiphany just right, although in a different way from what anno originally imagined (which was EoE)

That last line was an incomplete thought

What i meant was whether they allow their relationship to kill each other or ultimately help each other despite the costs is up in the air

Shinji finally accepts the risk of it being a Bad End when you actually open yourself up

somewhat unrelated but after finishing NieR Automata before this, I sorta immediately saw the references to EVA with the choking and the love hate thing.

Whenever you bring kaworu character up, the thread WILL become a shitstorm.
Being present in a single episode and a few scenes in EoE, his true intentions have way too many interpretations.

I will dig in the archives for a while and get my interpretation of his character. But i think he did what he did not for shinji, but for humanity and for himself. Shinji just happened to be there and got hurt in the process.

when will you dorks get this
He doesnt hate otaku, he IS otaku, and he said himself he hates people that hate otaku AS SUCH

He just wishes otaku did more than just otaku-ing all fucking day

you can be both an otaku and be a well rounded damn person with varied interests at the same time is all he says

I think that both the first chocking scene and the second are real. I will dig my old explanations in a sec.

>kaworu
gg thred
not your fault user
just head for the bunker

My personal view on Kaworu, feel free to discuss about it. No Rebuilds considered.

As of EoE, we know that he is an embodiment of "like/love". Thats his personality. He dont act lovable just to shinji, he tries to be a nice guy around everyone.
As he is "love" he loves all humanity, he is impressed by their achievements, he enjoys music, etc. But he knows that, because of his origin, he is fated to either destroy humanity or die before it. He chooses to die instead. (Eva was never about "fighting fate", so there is no reason to assume he could just fuck off and never trigger third impact. That isnt the point of the series.)

The problem is, kaworu, not being really human, has difficulties to understand how humans work, and how they will react. He knew shinji was the only one able to kill him, so he went and befriended his executioner, as a zen way to go off. I think he wanted to send shinji, and all humanity, the message that he was fine dying for humanity to live. I dont think he was acting towards shinji any different than he would act to anyone else in the same position.

But he didnt really understood shinji, and he had no idea how dependent on his "lovely" ways shinji would quickly become, and what his death would mean to the poor boy. Kaworu might not even consider the concept of death the same way as normal humans do, as he gets to tag along as a spirit in the LCL. To shinji, death is something much more permanent and serious.

Bill Murray being awesome and getting prime Sig Weaver
It's not like he was a nu-male like the neighbor who turned into a dog

He means "real" as opposed to the usual popular female characters that are idealized. He is basically saying "no" to escapism.

please let me know what you find senpai.
even if thread goes to shit, i'll still be here willing to listen.

Attempted to avoid that but what are you gonna do?
Just want to get these thoughts on the board while we're still civil and while this is all still kind of fresh.

>God
>pussies out over death threats and actually rewrites his ending

No he's just a pretentious faggot who got the right company to back him by sucking dick.

I mean I guess? I wanna say it's a bit more simple than that.
If he's born from Adam than wouldn't he have some sort of disdain for Lilin's?
I had kind of felt he was sort of binary on his goal, but did pretty much everything he could to make sure that it would go off without a hitch. He can sense human emotion so I had figured he had just pushed Shinji's buttons and told him what he would want to hear.

And if he hadn't learned that the Angel was Lilith and not Adam he would have succeeded. There's only so much you can really speculate during one episode, so honestly that's the extent I'm willing to think of it on. The series sort of forgot about him except for in EoE - hell he wasn't even in 25 or 26 - so I followed that too.