Need some advice

French Orthodox here.

Currently looking to read the Bible, but I don't know if the catholic bibles they sell in France are saying the same things as the Orthodox ones, and if it's not the case, are they similar enough for me to read them.

Any fellow christian to help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GHE6oqCc_U
kingjamesfrancaise.net/index.html?v=kjftext/GEN.html
google.com/amp/s/m.kingjamesbibleonline.org/
ccel.org/ccel/bible/gkmod.titlepage.html?highlight=modern,greek#highlight
newchristianbiblestudy.org/bible/russian-synodal-1876/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>french
>Christian
Hon hon hon monsieur! A french is as Christian as an ant is a bird.

>being christian in 2018

What's that supposed to mean fucker

Stop LARPing. Catholics and Orthodox are literally "cultural Christian" tier. Be a Protestant and get a real Bible that is based on the manuscripts in the original languages, not the (((Vulgate))) and (((Septuagint))). The Orthodox have the correct New Testament but all you need is a Textus Receptus based translation.

I refuse to believe that any European is an actual Christian.

Well then explain instead of being a dick

The Louis Seconde translation is the one you are looking for.

How do you become Orthodox

Segond*

well I am sure you can buy at your local christian af store with crosses everywhere like there is the devil living there

Thanks man

>worshiping a shitskin
Don't you guys do that enough without making a religion out of it?

Go to an Orthodox church, ask a prist, you'll have to discuss with him on when you will get bapticized and how to practice the Liturgy

How can you be christian if you haven't read the fucking Bible

It's a Protestant bible, but if you really need one with the Apocrypha, then the Jerusalem Bible will work even if you are Orthodox.

Par baptême, catéchisme et tradition?
Je suis jeune, et ma famille n'est pas très religieuse, alors je dois me débrouiller moi même pour cultiver ma religion.

They're similar enough, but it isn't hard to go to a book store and buy an Orthodox Bible, or you could see if your church sells them.

>t.filthy heretic who worships the Bible as it's God itself

Wich christian order is the Jerusalem Bible associated with?

And the priest just let you in like that?

Catholics

I've never had a chance to go to the orthodox church since I left Bulgaria when I was a kid since my mother married a anti religious guy

Oh alright, I thought you were a regular frenchman who showed up to an orthodox church because he read Sup Forums memes about it

No don't worry, not that kind of guy

catholic bibles are fine, brother.

there are some differences in that we use septuagint, but unless you're a bible scholar you won't find them important.

we however differ immensely in how approach the bible, here's a good lecture in english:
youtube.com/watch?v=2GHE6oqCc_U

Thanks brother, i guess i'll read the Septuagint for the Old Testament and the Jerusalem Bible for the new one.

Never trust a papist translation. They intentionally translate words to make their false doctrine seem Biblical in order to lure you in to their slave system.

If you want French, I suggest David Martin's 1707 translation or KJVF: www.martin 1707.com
kingjamesfrancaise.net/index.html?v=kjftext/GEN.html

If you want English, the KJV: google.com/amp/s/m.kingjamesbibleonline.org/

If you want Greek, Neophytos Bambas (Vamvas): ccel.org/ccel/bible/gkmod.titlepage.html?highlight=modern,greek#highlight

If you want Russian, the best widely available is the Synodal Version: newchristianbiblestudy.org/bible/russian-synodal-1876/

God bless, brother.

Never ask questions like this. Only trust Orthodox translations.

so you recommend me not to read the jerusalem bible? What is the "official" New Testament for Orthodoxy?