Boris Johnson proposes a 22-mile bridge across the Channel

>Boris Johnson has floated the idea of a 22-mile bridge across the Channel to enhance transport links with France after Brexit.
>The foreign secretary discussed the issue with Emmanuel Macron, the French president, at the Anglo-French summit, saying it was “ridiculous” that two of the world’s biggest economies are linked by a single railway line.
>Macron is understood to have responded positively with an agreement that a second link should be built.
>Johnson has previously promoted the idea of another Channel Tunnel but is now said to think a bridge could also be possible, telling aides that such feats of engineering have been achieved in Japan.

Make it easier for the swarm to cross. Not to mention the busy shipping lanes. What a retarded idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
youtube.com/watch?v=_rVSwXloXoM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong–Zhuhai–Macau_Bridge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE

Why don't they just push the UK closer to the mainland?

Build it and make France pay for it

Why not just build nigger cannons that can fire a million niggers into the UK.

they have that long tunnel already

>Make it easier for the swarm to cross.
>Install giant trap door halfway across
>Throw the switch every time a crowd of refugees crosses

They have a high-speed train comnection, do they really need to import syrians by lorroes too?

dont you already have the chunnel? and boats? and planes?
do you really need a massive bridge?

it's more difficult to get into the tunnel than it would be to cross a bridge.

Boris is still /ourguy/.

I think it’s a good idea

In reality UK will find most of the cash and French boffins will build it

BoJo is playing two fronts
One- £350m a week for NHS
2- building bridges, naming them BoJo and sheit
Win-Win either way and his sordid BS'ing keep half roarch in political elite, as if he does something useful... Like KhS

50 seconds into this
>Its gold lol

If it's 22 miles, why not just use a passenger ferry?

watched it complete
worth it

We're in deep shit if it's built

Serious question: why can't we just nuke the UK???

Needs more wall and less bridge.

no its not a bad idea, and the swarms of invaders will redpill the normies.

It looks like both a logistic and engineering nightmare.

>French boffins

You can always blow it up bong, and what about those scanners that check shipping containers use those to fry the illegals hiding in them.

this

OUI! YOU WON'T HIDE BEHIND THE CHANNEL AND YOUR NAVY ANYMORE, FINALLY WE WILL CRUSH THE ETERNAL ANGLO FOR GOOD HONHONHON
EUROSTAR NOT TRAFALGAR OK

Yep, I just finished it too.

Oscar worth film, thanks user

>the 56% mutt was to muttify white countries
GIVE US YOUR WHITE GENES, BLEUUAARGH

>A 22 mile bridge.
Dude what?
Do you have any idea how much material that would use?

>Boris Johnson proposes a 22-mile bridge across the Channel
hahahahahahaha get ready for the zerg rush, bongs.
youtube.com/watch?v=_rVSwXloXoM

Got you covered senpai

This thing could fire like 120km away, right? Fucking amazing.

lol

shut up boris you're drunk

like 40, but still, pretty impressive

Just looked it up:

>The Paris Gun of World War I could hurl a 120 kg shell with 7 kg of explosive to a range of 131 km and an altitude of 40 km.

This was a century ago. Germans are the GOAT engineers

>Make it easier for the swarm to cross. Not to mention the busy shipping lanes.
How about this?

Muslim countries can't get alon...

>Make it easier for the swarm to cross. Not to mention the busy shipping lanes. What a retarded idea.
it isn't that implausible. you have a bridge thich goes into a tunnel so there is a section where the ships can go unimpeded. the tunnel becomes a bridge again. 22 miles isn't that long for modern big bridges. china has longer, plus there is the denmark sweden bridge. the migrant problem is something else and is a shit reason for not building a bridge. its like saying there should be no chip shops because youths hang around outside them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong–Zhuhai–Macau_Bridge

see Millau viaduct - brit designer (sort of) french engineering with innovative methods to achieve it

It's easily plausible. The gooks have a 102 mile bridge (165km). Let the eu frogs build it, pay for it, and we name it and take the credit.

The frogs are quite good at this sort of thing whereas we’re sitting on the same crumbling infrastructure we’ve had since the 70s

That's not because we can't do it, it's because we became Americanized with Thatcher. The leadership here has been going down the hyper capitalist route since then.

It's actually genius. He is betting so many migrants try to Zzerg rush the bridge, it will have been underfunded by Carillion and will collapse under the weight, throwing 10s of thousands of Zerg to their death

I've submitted my design. I hope I win the contract.

noooo we have to stop him

Now there's a design I can get behind.

Jesus christ, i dont get scared of things easily at all, but I would get nervous as fuck being stuck on that bridge in a traffic jam.

Absolutly retarded idea

There is a reason why they dug a tunnel in the first place.
The current is really strong in the channel which calls for needlessly deep fundaments.
But whats worse is the inevitable impairment of the shipping routes. The channel is already stuffed like dunkirk 1940.

>laughable try of boris to keep himself relevant

Why is this guy so obssessed with pointless and expensive bridges?

Don't you already have a tunnel? What good would a bridge do

There are always delays with the tunnel. Adding a bridge would speed things up enormously.

Especially if Ahmed and Muhammad are driving behind you.

Where the fuck did u get that map.
They've just gone and relocated the uk