Overrated piece of shit

Post the anomalies you don't understand why they are so highly rated

Bait thread? Okay.

Gurren Lagann, an anime about nothing

*slap bass line kicks in*

no, seriously, i thought it was shit user

Akira has a shit story but the art/animation/music is top tier and more than makes up for it. I still watch it sometimes because it's so damn pretty.

It's a trainwreck and not even a funny one

your a shit

underage pleb thread

this

>pic related

Haibane Renmei was unironically good.

The problem with Akira is that between the bad translation (amazingly I've only seen english dub) and parts of the story they left out it makes no damn sense. The manga is actually pretty legit.
also this

What anime in the bottom of the picture is that long white haired girl from?

Boku no Tenshi no Tomago.

have you ever tried not being poor and stupid? generally some basic art readership skills are a prerequisite to having an opinion on something's quality. I get that you think your little game of monkey see monkey do is all you need to learn everything you need in life, but that's mostly because you're unread illiterate garbage raised in a community and culture of subpar reading comprehension challenged garbage. Have you tried not being garbage?

it's because of the animation and detail, dumbass

Akira was a product of the times. You cant appreciate it if you didnt understand the zietgeist of the late 80s anime boom.

Akira is held in such high regard almost entirely because of its visuals, and if you cannot understand why then you are a pleb and a faggot of the highest order

>Implying moeshit isn't inherently bad
Shouldn't you be posting that image of Mugi holding up a sign saying >> somewhere about now

Hey there Digi, I see you're still mad at people calling you out for your faggotry

let me guess, you think it's gay.
overrated? what do you mean, because people recommend it a lot?I dont think I ever someone said akira had a good story.

>Ergo Proxy
why was the MC girl such a shit

>being this triggered

Okay I get it, I liked the animation and details, and how each frame looked so detail and it wasn't sloppy at all but how can I like it if the story is all about some retarded kid who gets drunk on power and it all ends with the world being destroyed and restarted

Angel's Egg. Weird fucking film, but brilliantly animated and full of great visuals.

Fate
Mongatari
Madoka
shonen shit that runs for dozens of seasons with no end in sight
Akira is all about the visuals and style and raised the bar for animation at the time

I also used to think elitist shows were overrated trash but then I watched Haibane Renmei and it made me shut my shithole.

You can alo say that about the Transformers movie franchise. Not to say it's wrong to like either of those things, just that you can.

I finished FLCL today and don't get why it is rated to high. It was only allright to me.

Nothing wrong with that

>no end in sight
I totally understand what you mean. At the end of The Last Crusade, I was like, "What the fuck gives? They ride off into the sunset? What does Indy do with the rest of his life? We need to know!"

Thank God Crystal Skull brought us some much needed closure. Can you imagine if the adventure never ended? How horrifying. I'm happy we got a proper ending and will never see another movie again.

>let me guess, you think it's gay.

No, I dislike it precisely because it hasn't gone all the way from fabulous into 100% god tier gayness.

Cowboy Bebop is booooooring.

Can't believe people recommend that as entry level.

You were supposed to watch it as a teenager so you could related to Naota. You missed your chance, pleb. Naota being an immature teenager is a huge part of the series (when he gets eaten by Kami, the symbol on Kami's creen is the word "adult" flipped upside down).

Among the worse comedy anime I've seen

When the episodes are good, they're good
But most of the time they range from boring to eh

I fucking don't understand why does this shit is THAT popular

It's about coming of age/puberty and it's not even subtle about it

I honestly don't know, user.
>fanservice montage WebM

>(when he gets eaten by Kami, the symbol on Kami's creen is the word "adult" flipped upside down
not that user, but im glad to know that now.

same with nichijou, i didn't even smile

Usually a standard response.
Though why were you going in, listening to Sup Forums and expecting anything?

so i didn't watch it as a teenager so no point in watching it now right

The worst part about those moe comedies, is that people will defend them by telling you that comedy is subjective. I'm the type of guy that laughs at people saying "fart" out of nowhere so I'm not the difficult type, yet those shows never managed to make me smile even once. Even worse, I actually felt bad for the writers at some point. There is nothing worse than a comedy that's not funny.

Cromartie high. I just don't think it's funny outside of like two jokes.

Are you doing ok, user?

JoJo and EVA

Konosuba. I wanted to punch all the girls because they're all unlikeable bitches. No idea how Sup Forums tolerates them. Maybe it's normalfags.

You could, but I think those movies are hella ugly.

>I wanted to punch all the girls because they're all unlikeable bitches.
thats why the MC is there.

The Transformers movie franchise is extremely successful and prints money no matter how shit the plot is thanks to its visuals.

Turns out that a good story isn't necessary to provide entertainment, who knew?

It panders to a niche audience that finds it funny.

Oh sweet, a contraian faggot thread! I love these. Here, let me take a crack at it.
>What's with this overrated pile of shit? Seriously, an ugly girl with the most annoying talking motorcycle ever just watches boring shit happen. And when shit does happen it's terribly animated and gay. Also the music sucks. It's so bad, I don't get how anyone can like it.

>Lonely beta MC #314285
>punching anything
Yeah, no

First movie is way better.

its good but people will have you thinking this is so advanced. Your average NYT Bestseller has better writing than this

and I always thought it was a guy(i haven't watched it)

>an ugly girl
You take that back.

>Your average NYT Bestseller has better writing than this
user you got guts

Didn't read the Manga

>you're an alpha if you can punch woman
no I mean that he embarrasses and use them, so you have something release your frustration.

>you can't hate the movie unless you read the manga
>you can't hate the anime unless you read the light novel
>you can't hate the franchise unless you play the visual novel
>you can't hate the movies unless you read the comics
this is the most retarded logic ever, i bet people like you get triggered when the anime changes something from the source material

Is this Earthbound

Wouldn't say it's advanced in any respect but it's certainly long running and unique.

>an ugly girl
The line has been crossed.

>ugly girl

It probably is now that I think about it.
Tough luck guys, but this is the thread where we shit talk all the things the majority of Sup Forums sees in a positive light like Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Monster, etc. while jerking eachother off over our super unique opinions. You are not allowed to appose me. Kino is ugly.

Mushishi? more like MushiSHIT

b-but that pic is qt

I dropped Patlabor after the first ova. I'm not interested in office politics with a bit of police action.

I bet you love Adam Sandler movies.

>appose
learn to spell if you're going to be a contrarian

I hate Kino with burning passion for her personality, but even I think her appearance is 9/10.

fucking this. the second is full of oshii's signature navel gazing and it's boring as hell. it doesn't help it centers on the least interesting character of the series and her idiot terrorist boyfriend. at least the first movie had the other characters get a decent amount of screen time.

Sup Forums wanks PSG to hell and back and I find it mediocre to bad. It's like someone tried his hardest to make Excel Saga unfunny.

>PSG
??

>Akira has a shit story

No seriously, I don't get it
The animation and visuals are outstanding, yeah
But it's just so fucking boring

I will if you learn how to use capitalization and punctuation.

purple sweet grapes

It's meant more for serious film communities than for otaku, it's a lot more contemplative than other anime. It's not boring, but it is slow.

Akira is only famous because it was localized early. Nothing about it was good, except for the production values and the 10/10 soundtrack.

Also Gintama. I'm convinced nobody actually likes it, they just pretend to.

>Gintama
tried it, 6/10 at best

Do you think Akira is only famous in the west?

read the manga pleb

Look, this is a piece of shit. It's boring, and I don't mean that because it's slow. All this show does is the worst fucking part of it: grab big ideas, somehow rub them in your face, not exploring any of them, and move on like it's deep or something. Apart form that, yes, character designs are boring, the two only characters that remain through the show are boring (god fucking damn that annoying motorcycle), the music is boring and the visuals are arid as fuck. This show is the ultimate pretentious weeb shit: you gain nothing, it's a waste of time, and tries to disguise its shallowness with supposed deepness. Fuck this anime.

anything made by trigger

>>people will defend them by telling you that comedy is subjective
Because it is, you mouthbreather.

>>I'm the type of guy that laughs at people saying "fart" out of nowhere so I'm not the difficult type
This is perhaps one of the most flat-out ignorant posts I've ever read.
You "not being the difficult type" doesn't mean shit. Humor is not a linear scale.

It's all fine and dandy that you didn't enjoy a series, but don't go spouting stupid shit like that.

literally 2deep4u, brainlet.

>Getting that triggered over animated TV shows.

>ThatAnimeSnob.jpg

>dude lmao having passion for a hobby is for fucking LOSERS

Not every hobby, just anime

I'll never understand why thin-skinned people bother reading that kind of thread to begin with.

Weren't Indy and his dad supposed to be immortal after Last Crusade?

I love Gintama.
It has great characters.
Episode 188 is one of the greatest I've ever seen, even if the humour is off at the rest at times.

Only 2 was shit, fuck off.