Got your TV license there bruv?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VMb-fd_9gpY
youtu.be/iULkzoWkk40
youtube.com/watch?v=Sr6QrJjYOxo
youtube.com/watch?v=qqa2WCT_RbE
youtube.com/watch?v=rsEGT_uvCxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless they've got a warrant and catch you doing anything wrong they can't do shit. Just don't let them in.

>tfw they bring a locksmith and get in anyway while youre busy trying to get a boot off your car for the third time this week

compeletly unenforcable policy. not law. police arent involved, private bailiffs are sent and they have zero authority. you can just shut the door in their face, they may keep coming back every few months but thats it. theres also an exemption form you can fill out but i wouldn't bother, theres not any real need
youtube.com/watch?v=VMb-fd_9gpY

"FUCK OFF m8 I ALREADY PAY ENOUGH TAXES!"

Fuck they are in the UK as well? How much do you have to pay? Around £300 a year here in Norway.

This whole tv license meme is just a Sup Forums fingerbox right?

I haven't paid for a tv license in the 6 years since I left my parents house. it's impossible for them to enforce this policy realistically.

And Ireland

Nope, you need to pay to have a telescreen in your home in Airstrip One. The Five Minutes Hate doesn't get made for free, comrade.

You don't have to pay though, they'll try to get you to but they can't actually do anything.

I have no idea what you're talking about

If you don't have to, then why would anybody?

I just bought my first house with my girlfriend, and I am now expecting visitors from the lisence office for the first time. Cant wait to close the door in their face.

People are stupid

The BBC have done a good job at convincing people its mandatory, so people either cave to their threats and pay or just do it on their own because they think they're supposed to

Fuck off Smithy.

Just pay it. I’m happy to pay my $950 yearly tv licence for our national broadcaster

Sorry that sounds awful. I hope shit turns around soon, I don't like where things are going

Oi don't make me bring Callum down...

Except in Straya the govt unfortunately funds the leftist ABC & SBS

N-no sir, but there's a futbol game on and I thought it might be alright if I popped on the telly real quick...

It's going to be really confusing when they find that British cop chained up in my rape dungeon in a few years.

>he lives in a country that was too cowardly to overthrow its monarchy
>or brexit

Yeah, and let them fuck you up the ass while your at it.

Anyone seen the movie “Tony”? It has a hilarious TV license scene.

Anyone know where to get a good George Washington costume?

Wtf is a "tv license?"

They try and make you pay £24 a month to own a TV, I was worried about this but apparently you can shut the door on the fuckers.

I dont even watch tv anyway, I just use one as a monitor.

>no antennas here sir

lol, I can watch the bbc for free

You need a section 7 TV license to own anything larger than a 27" LED.

>usa making fun of tv license
>usa is paying extra for accessing certain corners of internet
boi am I laffin

Teeth license coming soon

Hasn't happened yet, and it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon since it's being fought back against hard.

Meanwhile you'll still need to pay up to hear about the ongoing war with Eurasia and chocolate ration futures.

No.

beside giving the BBC more money way? Way is it called a licence, this is tax it should be called TV tax, stealing money from the working man.

youtu.be/iULkzoWkk40

I know that feel

Excuse me my grammer went way out of wack there.

fuck yourself meme flag

Just got my first house and I almost wish we had a similar toothless agency that I could close my door on; sounds satisfying as hell. I guess I'll have to stick to doing it with Jehovahs and Mormons.

fuck yourself 56%'er amerigoblin burger

sorry lad I don't have a TV :^)

it's what we have instead of 50% adverts
since the usa has a bit of publicly funded television, you pay it too, only you pay through tax
also reminder that in some parts of the usa and canada you have to pay a kitty cat licence

But you have a monitor, and a PC that recieves an internet connection

Pay the license.

'av mercy m8, we had to pay our Toilet Tax for December and those yule logs cost us a pretty penny.

of all the things you could mock us for, you go for the tv license? shame on you for being this lazy.

virtually every nation in the world besides the united states has a tv license, and as egregious the vindication in the UK may be - it's still optional. not every country can say that.

Fuck off at least they have the option to not own a T.V here in Canada were forced to fund the CBC.

TV Licence goons have no more power over you than any other door-to-door salesman. It's only the idiots who answer their questions that get caught. All you need to do is tell them to fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr6QrJjYOxo

Dog licences were a thing over here right up to the 80s. You can plot a depressing graph of incidents of animal cruelty skyrocketing when they repealed it.

yes, i pay by direct bank debit officer

And they wonder how they lost an entire global empire.

How many countries actively prosecute those who refuse to pay in a criminal court instead of a civil one?
Also how many governments allow a for-profit corporation a royal charter that allows them to curcumvent harassment laws in order to drum up said licence fee?
That is the difference between us and the rest of the world.
>Be American
>Get shot
>Be English
>Get arrested

good lad

yes, i remember them. they were something stupid like 37p.
not much of a deterrent. i suspect animal cruelty is more closely correlated to population growth and immigration as well as better reporting

US internationalism, the (((federal reserve/IMF))) the (((UN))) and German autism.

>ME LIKE SUPPORTING A DATED MONARCH SYSTEM
>ME LIKE GETTING STABBED BY YOUTHS
>ME LIKE LEGAL TROUBLE FOR BREAD KNIVES
>ME LIKE PAYING TELE TAX ON DE TV
>ME LIKE NEVER OWNING A HOME OR ASSETS THAT APPRECIATE IN VALUE
>ME LIKE JAIL FOR EXPRESSING MY OPINION ON FACEBOOK

You're lucky that Canada stuck around for as long as it did.

Then you can sue them for illegally entering your house. Plus, any evidence they collect will be inadmissible in court

>Burger reading comprehension is this bad
I was agreeing with you, our country is fucked.

Why is a limey at my door asking me for a TV license in the US? Get off my property before I bodyslam you, tea-drinking faggot.

Fear campaign and people don't want the hassle. Good video on it here, should explain things:
>youtube.com/watch?v=qqa2WCT_RbE

>A DATED MONARCH SYSTEM

Oh look, a progressive Amermutt retard.

>hurr durr monarchy is so backwards but having a President who can drone people all around the world at will, including his own citizens, that's FREEEDOMZZ!!

Same in Sweden, it's like 300 USD a year but you only have to pay if you have a TV, if they ever call you just stay that you don't own a TV.

"Im sorry sir, but I am not letting you into my home because I think you are a rapist. The BBC is full of rapists like Jimmy Savile. As a transexual muslim I feel threatened by you, please leave.
Those fuckers will never bother me again

>a license required to watch state TV

FUCKING 1984 TIER

A TV licensing bloke unironically knocked on my door and asked me this at 10 in the morning today. He was asking to read my meter but I told him we don't have ours read and then he just handed me the TV licensing notice. They're pretending to be meter readers now, sad.

I'l av u kno I can't b trusted wth knives, her queen says so. I giv em to yuths and they responsibl as long as telly works in our shared home, othrwise i'm down the n/a chess w bloody spots in m gut. i dont speak out cus coppa bobin around m facebuk. god bless 'er majesty!

in the UK we obey the law, more so than in lesser countries. you can just not pay the tv license in, for instance, poland, and nothing will come of it until you're arrested for a different reason. at that point you'll get crucified for all the obscure ancient laws you broke, in addition to violating itunes' terms of service, and have that slapped onto your sentence. would you rather live in a world of vague paragraphs where everyone is a criminal, and everyone can be imprisoned at any time?

that being said, I remain shocked and appalled by our policy on the tv license, traffic laws, speed cameras, surveillance, privacy, council housing distribution and other things.

>for profit corporation
is irrelevant. focus on the circumvention aspect, lest your labour vote start showing

How to get a fine

"yes but I hear mohammad doesn't, you should go check him out."

Yeah it's right here
*pisses on you*

Lol no. I'm gonna stop paying this year. Just gotta make sure I can fend off the hired goons they will send after me

If this happened to me I'd just invite him in and suck his cock, I love sucking uncut willy.

I like the fact that Canada, Australia, New Zealand, even you yanks are now independent. No need for Britain, or anyone, to rule over already civilized peoples, right?

Do you still watch TV or own one?

>muh big gubbmint
Go fuck yourself tory shill faggot.
I have never paid the TV licence, and I have recieved over 50 (fifty) letters threatening me with 'investigations', 'legal action' and £1000 fines. If anybody else sent me such corresponsence over what is essentially a non-issue, it would constitute harassment.
The bbc are not a goverment body, nor are they assosiated with the government in any way, therefore why is there a law protecting their criminal behavior?
>would you rather live in a world of vague paragraphs where everyone is a criminal, and everyone can be imprisoned at any time
You are literally describing the UK you blind piece of shit.
Yes I mad. You might as well roll over and let them fuck you anywhere they want.

we've got a lawyer guys

>in the UK we obey the law, more so than in lesser countries.
Unless you're """asian""".

> The Five Minutes Hate doesn't get made for free, comrade.

Jeremy Kyle is on ITV though.

Legalise the weed

Inshallah

youtube.com/watch?v=rsEGT_uvCxw

Seems like a Sup Forums information campaign on britbong social media might change that.

Imagine if we could massively reduce the BBC's funding.

It could be the beginning of the end of Left-Wing public broadcasters in English speaking countries - all of whom were inspired by the BBC

I own one and have not paid a licence for nearly 10 years. Every 5 years or so they write to me and ask me if I need one. I go online and tell them I don't. Rinse and repeat.

hit the button with the butt of your schooner glass, scientifically proven to raise your chances of hitting the feature by 13%

I agree with this.

>mutt forgets that most of his politicians are from new dynasties forged from corruption more than blood
>he has almost zero chance of getting to their heights without being backed by one of their kind, or someone filthy rich

Yesss, I have a licence, but I keep it stuck up me arse so nobody can nick it.

Would you like to have a feel around for it, officer?

You'd let someone put a finger or their cock in your hole?

Only the police or ambulancemen.

>Monarchy is bad
>OH YEAH WELL YOUR GOVERNMENT IS BAD TOO WHY DO YOU THINK YOURS IS SO GOOD IDIOT WHY WOULD

Having a fucking royal family in the 21st fucking century is just laughable, even if they can’t do shit, they’re just worthless political celebrities.

They most likely won't come unless you bait them. Go online and fill in the bit that says you own a tv but don't watch the programs as they are broadcast (or whatever it is now). You don't need a licence to use it for pc/playstation/xbox, nowtv etc. They chase up the people who appear not to know their rights.

Bareback or glove/condom?

Don't they have those cars that drive around and detect signals?

what the hell are you doing in the united states bro

if you're mad then good - use that anger to get on question time and redpill the public. have uncomfortable conversations with people until you're blue in the face and have no social circle left. get a blog, get a youtube channel, do anything other than role playing hurr heil hitler on an east timor slipper fashion imageboard. we already have one guy in this thread blaming private corporations, and another advocating for additional exceptions to the rule of law as a remedy to the injustices caused by previous exceptions.

also
>obeying the law = big government
what are you, an anarcho primitivist or just a no true scotsman?

don't take this as me defending but any part of this tv license, speed camera, internet history, hate speech cabal. if you read with your head instead of your heart you'll see that I'm advocating for consistency and equal punishment to those entities

>just let them in
Idk how it works in Bongland, but inviting a cop in nullifies the need for a warrant if thebdo find anything here in the US

Yes and helicopters