Name a better rivalry

Name a better rivalry

The rivalry was all one-sided up until the very end, Shirou and Kirei had more rivalry and he fucked his daughter.

Literally any other rivalry.

Naruto and Sasuke

Luffy vs Blackbeard

Characters that actually have personality and are more fleshed out.

sanji and zoro

Came here to post this. Also
>Kotomone and Shirou
Both people with broken ideas trying to impose themselves on the world.

I loved Fate/Zero, the the Kotomine/Kiritsugu "rivalry" was awkward and shoehorned. It was talked to death, and presented as all ominous, but we got better interactions from how Tokiyomi and Kariya conflicted in their goals, ideals, paths, etc. Kayneth and Waver. Kayneth and Kiritsugu.

This rivalry sucked OP.

Amuro and Char

OP Pic unrelated

Done.

When did he fuck his daughter?

In HA.

>Yuri
>Magic
>Plots and backstabs

F/HA

That could hardly be called a rivalry since to Kiritsugu Kirei was just the only target he couldn't decipher and he had zero interaction with him until that fight. The rivalry was one sided since Kotomine though Kiritsugu was like him but he got it wrong.

Even Maia and Iris had more of a rivalry with Kirei than Kiritsugu since they fought him more times and had way more interaction with him, and Maia was a freaking yes, no, roger doll.

Kotomine/Shirou was a rivalry since they both had a lack of self, and one lived to see others suffer while the other lived to see others be happy. They were the same and the opposite at the same time.

That was All The World's Evil. Kotomine would probably be jealous.

>protect The World's Evil from autistic idealists
>it fucks your daughter

To all, and to some:

It's pounded into you in all the entire novels on why they are 'rivals'. They both know what the other is doing and has done, but cannot understand the purpose behind those actions. Kirei is a blank man who seems to have features. Kiritsugu is a man of features who seems to be blank. They both see the other as themselves, and fail to predict the actions of the other as a result of this. Kiritsugu never knows why Kirei was in the forest. Kirei never knows (until he sees Kiritsugu's memory) why Kiritsugu joined the war.

Even in the final fight, they can't figure out what their opponent is doing. Kiritsugu doesn't understand why Origin Rounds don't work on Kirei. Kirei doesn't understand why Kiritsugu is confused by this. Neither understands why Avalon revives Kiritsugu, but Kirei correctly instantly assumes that he can kill Kiritsugu by destroying his head, even though Kiritsugu himself doesn't know this. Kirei doesn't know why Kiritsugu expects him to turn when he moves to his blind side, but Kiritsugu understands why he doesn't *when* he doesn't. At the very end, neither knows why the other believes that they will win, even though they both know that they will die.

The whole idea behind their rivalry is the fact that they are both pure 'analytical' fighters and thinkers. They don't need to speak to each other for differences to appear, to be analyzed, to be responded to, to change, and to end. This fact is threaded through the books, but consolidated clearly in/by the final fight.

This is either an old pasta or you're pulling things out of your ass.

>Neither understands how Avalon works
Wat
>Kirei correctly instantly assumes that he can kill Kiritsugu by destroying his head, even though Kiritsugu himself doesn't know this

Deep?

>Kirei doesn't know why Kiritsugu expects him to turn when he moves to his blind side,

Now you're desperate

>They don't need to speak to each other for differences to appear, to be analyzed, to be responded to, to change, and to end.

My god, what English major shat out this post

>Kiritsugu himself had not expected to be revived. He had been prepared to die when Kirei neared him. ... He immediately understood its cause—the Noble Phantasm, Avalon. When he parted with his wife, he had received this sword sheath possessing a mighty healing power which could prevent aging. Sealed inside Kiritsugu, Saber’s authentic Master, it now obtained prana from Saber and exerted its full effect in accordance with the contract. Though Kiritsugu understood its ability, he had never confirmed it with his own eyes, and thus did not expect it to be able to heal fatal injuries.
>According to Kirei’s analysis, Kiritsugu’s strategy consisted of a magecraft that could accelerate his movement, and a healing power that could revive the caster even if the heart was destroyed. He could not win no matter how heavy a wound he dealt to the enemy, unless he could destroy Kiritsugu’s brain with one blow
Kiritsugu doesn't expect it to save him. Kirei doesn't know what it is, in general. As far as they are concerned, it just werks.

On destroying his head - Kiritsugu assumes that he'll die from a combination of Innate Time Control, the damage from being hit by Kirei, and Kirei's blades. He expects biological death to precede the powers of Avalon.

>His sharp blade crept nearer, but Kirei did not turn in response, blocking everything with the left side of the body. Turning would have been pointless; his broken right arm could not possibly block Kiritsugu’s dagger.
Desperate? Of what? Even if I am wrong in some way or in all ways, I have not lost anything. I was not and am not arguing with anyone. I was not and am not wagering anything on what I've said.

Above anything else - how dare you call me such a thing as an 'English major'? I hate formalization.

>he fucked his daughter

The real question is, who didn't fucked his daughter. She was literally Fuyuki city's dedicated cumdumpster.

Accel vs Touma.
Easy as that.

>one piece
>personality
Haha

Me and (You)

Technically a video game, but it's a game intentionally styled after anime with episodes, commercial bumpers, and "next time on" previews, so fuck it

This is a manga&anime board.

Erecpyle Dukakis and Kon Hokaze

>more fleshed out

Say what now?

Light and L