Is Ryuko the best written female MC of the decade?

Is Ryuko the best written female MC of the decade?

Ye

That's a good one squidward

She's just a copy of Ryougi Shiki.

Trigger doesn't write.

Inb4 Kumikofags.

Ryougi Shiki was made over a decade ago.

No.

Her tits are.

>female

Faries are genderless

A good female protagonist is strong, decisive, brave, but also capable of fear, doubt, and uncertainty.

My pick for best of the 2010s would be Saki.

In what way is she like Shiki?

Hajime (Gatchaman Crowds)
Kumiko (Hibike)
Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha)
Saki (Shinsekai Yori)
Watashi (Jintai)

>confusing waifu infatuation with good writing
user..

>>>/tumblr/

>Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha)
Her whole romance with that one guy was abysmaly written.

She's the best tomboy of the decade.

>Hajime (Gatchaman Crowds)

Good taste user

Ryuko is better written then all male battle shounen leads. Except maybe Yuyu Hakusho.

hi

>MC

I lost track of time. Isn't Maou from MaoYuu from the last 10 years?

Homura was always the MC

This. Writing has always been their weak suit.

Yes but it's a rather low bar

>Kill la Kill
>weak writing

Yes

Not even close.

No, but she's the one I want to be friends with the most

It kind of is.

She is bretty gud

Where?

>KLK
>good writing

That scene is from Rebellion, the move in which Homura is the MC.

All over the show, dude. It would be far easier for you to try and make a list of well-written scenes, as it would be several magnitudes smaller than the list of poorly written scenes.

That's not an answer.
You can't name poorly written scenes because there aren't any.

Keep telling yourself that

She was close but got beaten just 1/4 away from the goal.

Why does she like drinking so much?

She's Japanese

Yet another post that doesn't explain why the writing is bad.

Are you, by chance, Triggered by this?
Get back to writing shitty SAO knock offs, DigiBro(ny).

>pro Digibro
>pro SAO

Isn't that a paradox? I thought he hated it?

>Digibro
I will never understand why a disgusting (read never showers/grooms his beard), nasally voiced shitter is so popular.

>e-celeb shit
If you have nothing to add to the discussion stop posting, cancer.

The entire 2nd half of the show is at odds with the first. Up through the the school raid trip, the universe was stylized as a parody, and tons of nonsensical things were included for the sake of being funny and ripping on common shonen cliches. Then when you try and turn the show into a serious drama with things like "proper sense of internal consistency" and "proportion" those elements seem out of place, tonally.

Second, after the school raid trip all of the side characters got put on a bus and never returned.

Thirdly, Ryuuko's "arc" was literally the same exact arc repeated three times. The arc was "NO SENKETSU I CAN'T PUT YOU ON." "RYUUKO PLS PUT ME ON." "OK SENKETSU I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON, I LOVE YOU"
>After getting BTFO by Nui
>After getting BTFO by Ragyo
>After recovering from the brainwashing

I believe he called it the worse show he ever finished. Hated is an understatement

The last part especially irks me. I can get having a character deal with drama and then recovering, but the stretched that out too much. It wasn't a well conceived plotline at all.

>The entire 2nd half of the show is at odds with the first. Up through the the school raid trip, the universe was stylized as a parody, and tons of nonsensical things were included for the sake of being funny and ripping on common shonen cliches. Then when you try and turn the show into a serious drama with things like "proper sense of internal consistency" and "proportion" those elements seem out of place, tonally.
Is this your first time watching fuckin anime? Eva, Utena, Haibane Renmei, TTGL, Flip Flappers, Mawaru Penguindrum, Rahxephon, Gunbuster, Diebuster. Almost all original anime will change their mood to more intense in the second half and add more consistency. It's a standard practice so that during the first half you get more engaged in the characters and see them from different sides. When you meet people in real life in casual situations are they always tense and never joke? If you jumped into the drama from the beginning it would seem just forced in most cases. In this case when we finally get drama its a lot more effective since we're attached to the characters and feel they're actual people.

None of the anime you just mentioned are even close to what happened in KLK. KLK is basically taking Galaxy Quest and splicing in Wrath of Kahn at the 1 hour mark

Nope

*Khan

For the good of anime I hope it's not the case.

>The entire 2nd half of the show is at odds with the first. Up through the the school raid trip, the universe was stylized as a parody, and tons of nonsensical things were included for the sake of being funny and ripping on common shonen cliches. Then when you try and turn the show into a serious drama with things like "proper sense of internal consistency" and "proportion" those elements seem out of place, tonally.
The second half isn't any more dramatic than the first, this isn't TTGL with huge jumps in tone, the tone is consistent from beginning to end. Even the final episode is full of jokes, and episode 5 is still the most serious of the show. Needless to say the show exactly like TTGL isn't a parody and always had internal consistency.
>Second, after the school raid trip all of the side characters got put on a bus and never returned.
Tsumugu aside they have the same exact space than before, and all contribuited up to the end. What are you on about?
>Thirdly, Ryuuko's "arc" was literally the same exact arc repeated three times. The arc was "NO SENKETSU I CAN'T PUT YOU ON." "RYUUKO PLS PUT ME ON." "OK SENKETSU I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON, I LOVE YOU"
You have no idea what a character arc is apparently. Ryuko's arc followed a linear progression where no step was repeated, and was about her becoming more social and moving from only caring about herself to fighting to protect others (from Revenge to Senketsu, then Mako, then Mako's family, then the world) and about learning to choose her own pact. Putting on Senketsu was a mean to an end, not what the arc was about.
You didn't get it either.

All the best female MCs are male.

>the tone is consistent
no it isn't lol

it's a massive shift

>muh revenge
>muh friends
>muh magic sailor uniform

lmao, no

>why do you want revenge again?
>FOR MY FATHER!
>Oh you two must have been pretty close
>nah I didn't give a shit about that shitty old guy

Flawless.

>learns to not fight for revenge, but for others
which lasts for about 4 episodes, then she goes through the whole Punished Ryuko gimmick where she tries to 1v1 Ragyo for the sake of revenge and gets BTFO (again, just like she did with Nui). Then she has to learn that revenge isn't the right path (again) and to learn to trust in her bond with Senketsu (again)

One of the few adaptions that got me to pick up the LNs. It hit all the right notes.

>which lasts for about 4 episodes
During those episodes all she cared about were Mako and her family. She explicitally says in episode 17 that she doesn't care and doesn't want the responsability of saving the world. That's what the last part of her development was about.
>then she has to learn that revenge isn't the right path (again) and to learn to trust in her bond with Senketsu (again)
Those are not the things she learns. What she learns is to accept herself being a "monster" when she realizes that the people that are trying to save her are weird and incomprehensible just like her, and because the world is populated by such people needs to be protected.
She also learns to choose her own pact by making the FIRST major decision in the series where she wasn't manipulated by others or ignorant about the facts.
It's all pretty much spelled out, you clearly didn't pay attention.

Who are you quoting? She says that she is looking for his killer exactly because she wanted to know her father better.

Nonon is hotter.

Honestly I don't really like her appearance and dread colorful hair, but I love her voice. It's pure sex to me

LOL, oh man. Now that's a good one

What did she mean with those fingers?