Do you miss me Sup Forums?

Do you miss me Sup Forums?

Literally who?
Face it, it was never good.

Most of this board was too young to watch you when you came out.

Every fucking day. When will Tanigawa write a proper conclusion.

Wasn't she that side character from Nagato Yuki-chan? That show wasn't very good, I doubt it'll get a second season.

Just another milked and dried up franchise. The hype surrounding it felt artificial.

You have solid fap material, at least

Other than based Haruhisky, is anyone else even drawing her anymore?

You dont think Kyon and Haruhi sleeping together while Nagato watches from outside the window is a good ending?

Haruhi was popular enough to have an entire fanbase dedicated to it's unofficial genderbent characters and now people barely remember the series.

What happened?

Same thing that happened to SnK: time. Very few series are lucky enough to retain a dedicated fanbase more than a few years after the anime finishes airing.

>What happened?
endless 8 and ten years of otaku/anime culture being more and more refined/narrowed to fit the tasted of an increasingly narrow audience that makes haruhi seem kind of quaint by comparison

That's a funny way of putting it, but Kyon and Haruhi are not actually, officially together, and a lot is left unexplored.

THAT FUCKING HARLOT VA RUINED THIS SERIES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No.

Endless Eight builds character

>Show only works if you air s1 in the initial TV order
>Every single home release and the s1 + 2 airing play the episodes in chronological order

why did they do this?

Eleven years user. How many other shows have managed to stay in the anime consciousness that long without new material?

who, Afro?

Ten years of absolute silence tend to kill a franchise. Also the endless 8 fiasco, the Aya Hirano scandal and Tanigawa quitting because of some weird reason didn't help. Not to mention nowadays, the archetypes in Haruhi are anything but uncommon. Rewatch it and you might find it good, but not groundbreaking as it was back in 2006.

Also it brought the LN craze in full force, Haruhi is the culprit behind short and vapid LN adaptations. Before Haruhi we had long adaptations like Slayers and FMP, then suddenly no adaptation goes beyond a short 12 ep glorified LN commercial.

Haruhi could have a slight resurgence if they put out new content but the days of Kyonko will never return.

Fuck off bitch.

No, even if you were relevant, you're still worst girl in your series.

I never understood the out of order airing.

Chronological is better though

>tanigawa quitting
What? I never heard of this

Keep telling yourself that, maybe you'll start believing it.

>Rewatch it and you might find it good, but not groundbreaking as it was back in 2006.
I actually did rewatch haruhi last year for the anniversary and I liked it better than on release because of how stupid all of all the stuff inspired/copying it are.

Haruhi has genuinely great character moments/development and most importantly knows you can do these things without just having characters say how they feel. Whoever directed haruhi is great at their job because there's tons of little bits of body language or ways otherwise normal dialogue is given that express quite a lot about quite a lot.

I mean damn, an intentionally shitty looking student film gag episode actually gives away all the character dynamics and most of the events of the show without you really realizing it at the time, I wish stuff like that was common these days but it's not.

Chronological order has all the actual plot happen in the first 6 episodes and then the rest of s1 is just SOL. TV order plays around with things so that the emotional climax happens at the end and it helps to draw out what exactly is going on with the supernatural stuff to keep you interested.

For example, TV order has yuki say that her and haruhi are not human. Next episode is baseball where it shows exactly what they mean by that via visuals and random bits of dialogue (after the first half of the episode is completely mundane) while still leaving the actual details of that stuff blank until the next episode where yuki, mikuru and koizumi explain shit

In chronological order it just goes from yuki explaining this stuff to the episode where everyone vomits exposition at kyon and its way less interesting as a result.

who are you?

That's just like your opinion man

In my mind, there is no greater sex icon than Haruhi. Maybe because she was the hotness at the time that I got into anime blogging ten years ago and I haven’t stopped thinking about her since. I was literally her age when the show came out, and now I’m a creepy old man still thinking about how she looked back then; but I know I wasn’t the only one who suddenly had a thing for ponytails after Disappearance, and I will put my foot down that no one has ever looked better in a bunny suit. The specifics of how her shirt clings to her chest has been my metric for the correct bust size for most of the past decade. It’s not improbable that a lot of my taste in anime girls has been shaped by her–so I can’t possibly take her from this spot.

boyhood is being annoyed by Haruhi
adulthood is realizing how fucking cute everything she does is

Same here, my heartboner for her hasn't subsided for the past six years and I don't think it will.

I already do believe it. Almost dropped the show due to how shitty she is

TV order lets them do cool stuff like sublty point out that the blue hair data entity isn't around in any of the flash forward eps before the episode where she tries to knife kyon and lets you see non-cunt haruhi and tsuruya a lot sooner than chronological order

and frankly any watching of haruhi that doesn't have adventures of mikuru asahina as the first episode is just plain wrong

ENDLESS 8

Only thing left unexplored is yuki's naked body. When will she get ravaged by the soccer team

Mikuru is extremely underrepresented in this series compared to Yuki and Itsuki. The only time she is really important is when that Fujiwara guy talks to her future self.

She gets a bunch of screentime in Intrigues and as her future self, but yeah, Nagato gets most of the development while Koizumi takes the dialogues. It's probably better this way since Nagato is a more interesting character and Koizumi is interesting to listen to.

m-m-mikuru beamu!!!

>Whoever directed haruhi is great at their job

He tried to save anime but failed

Pretty much this. Almost everything in Haruhi is so well-done you can't help but love it.

You need to remember that we anons are a minority. Most people that watched Haruhi back then are now grown adults with full time jobs. Of course a franchise won't stay alive when 99% of the fanbase has moved on with their lives.

I was around 14 when I first watched Haruhi. I'm turning 25 soon. Most people aren't autistic enough like me to even still watch anime at my age.

is this digibro?

who?

Are you a bassist?

Does anyone have the link to the anthology? I was sure I had it saved but no luck in findint it.

People still talk about Utena and EVA in and outside of Sup Forums everyday and those aired back in the 90s.

No, I miss Nagato and Kyon though.

>Utena everyday
Aside from that, Utena and Eva ended. Haruhi left us blueballed for sequels multiple times. People stop caring at this point.
Also, SoL series do not have too many things to discuss.

You mean the books? I don't have a link but I could upload the PDFs (books and extras).

8 years, actually. Endless 8 happened in 2009.

And like 3 or 4 years ago, if we're counting Taaki-san's autistic adventures (I recall seeing some fags say that Saki would appear in an OVA, but I don't know it this ever did happen).

What bothers me is that there is enough material for a new season and a movie, but KyoAni won't touch it again unless it's finished.

>books and extras
No, it's the celebration of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Don't even know what's that

I always hated it, and raged in the LN when she extorted the computer club for their best PC.
Fucking slut.

And destroys sanity and patience

Disregard my posts, I can't read and my folder is a mess.