Has there ever been a jew that renounced judaism? And I don't mean "athiest" jews...

Has there ever been a jew that renounced judaism? And I don't mean "athiest" jews, who claim to deny all of jewish dogma, but still identify as jewish. A jew who truly announced judaism and said "I'm not jewish, I'm a human being"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGTp1Q162Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure.

Interesting, didn't know this. I wonder about his denying jewish ancestry though. Maybe thats the right thing to do, but maybe a proper renunciation of jewishness is to admit your mom was a jew but you still believe that means nothing and that you will not accept identity as a jew

Yes. I have a friend who has a jewish mom and was raised jewish, even had a bar mitzvah. Whenever I fuck with him about being jewish, he repeatedly tells me he's not a Jew, almost like he feels guilty. Lmao

How does he respond to criticisms of judaism? Agreement / Denial / deflection ? ? ?

I have a jewish friend too, he would say hes an athiest but he identifies as jewish. Sometimes when I criticize israel he defends it, but he is reasonable and usually its just because he didn't know and had only heard information from his family, and he doesn't have a problem admitting he was wrong. I dont critize judaism to him because I don't want him to think I am attacking him, he is a pretty sensitive guy.

To be honest, I really don't talk much about the religion with him. He recently moved to an area close to where I live and I don't feel the need to poke at him too much. I have no problem bringing it up in the future, though. Is there anything specifically I should propose to him?

I've talked to him before about the Torah and some of its not-so-tolerant passages, but he seems like he has never even heard of them.

> Is there anything specifically I should propose to him?

No no, I have nothing in mind here. I've just been thinking critically about judaism recently and was wondering about this. One remarkable thing I am seeing about judaism and jews is that, they can assume many different identities but retain a connection to judaism and still work in concert with other jews.

He as mentally ill, though

I don't think it would be a good idea to try and 'de-jew' a jew, theyll probably just get defensive or feel attacked and it will push them closer to judaism... thats a common reaction to criticisms like that

Why do you say that? Reading his wiki it seems a lot of people say that. Because he was anti semitic he is mentally ill? Or because he believed in that weird church for awhile?

His life definitely seems odd but I am skeptical of the mass accusation of 'insanity', he seems brilliant to me (just having read his wiki, mind)

The YouTuber 'Brother Nathanael' -
youtube.com/watch?v=fGTp1Q162Gw

Gilad Atzmon, ... and then if you're talking mere critics of Judaism, many more.

bobby fisher and thats it

Some guy about 2000 years ago, beard, sandals, got nailed to a big piece of wood.

Benjamin Friedman. He went the Roman Catholic route though.

youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8

^ this video is 5 minutes, and really pretty good.

Yes I'm same-fagging - but really, just switching my flag back.

I agree, I've been doing the same (a result of lurking this board I'm sure). I did once ask him if it was worthwhile for me to read the Torah and whether or not there was much of difference between the Hebrew version or an english version a few years ago when I was into reading religious texts. He said that there was really no point, even seemed to discourage it. I think that he just has an aversion to the religion itself, and speaks negatively of his time spent studying the Torah.
Mostly, I just wanted to use him as a direct source to learn more about the religion. He didn't seem too interested in helping me out though. Haha

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Spinoza

so he was a jesuit

They'd have to be mentally crippled, because being Jewish is both a racial and religious identity. You can throw away the religious aspect, but you'll be living in a fantasy world of denial if you try to say you're not, racially, a Jew.

The /ourjew/, or "Jew with a soul", is an extremely rare anomoly, but not non-existent.

Maybe. He did spend the last decade of his life exposing the ZOG though.

yes, Robert Zimmermann (bob dylan), brother nathaniel, Henry Makow, Me

Like I said before, the interesting thing about the jews is how they can switch identities, say I'm this or that, I'm an athiest, I'm an american. And still call themselves a jew. Or even say they aren't a jew, but still serve the project of judaism, and still serve jewish interests.

Let's look at 'christ' in this fashion.

I think he said much of what the jews said was right, didn't he? He said he was jewish and his mother was jewish? Before christianity came to different places in the world, what did those places look like? Take Europe, for example. Could judaism ever have come to Europe, and even assume great power there, without christianity arriving first? Look at america, too. It seems like a fact of history -- first christianity, then judaism.

Look at what the church says and does, even in our modern era. Who is it really helping? I think it is serving jewish interests.

Consider the example of George Bush, decidedly not a jew, and a born again christian. This guy and his administration are surely among this centuries greatest soldiers of zionism, right?

Just some thoughts, its a big question

Yeah if he isn't religious, thats how my friend is too -- even though is dad is a rabbi. Is the jewish identity a religion? Thats how I always thought of it, but like I said, the phenomenon of atheist jews, who are self identifying jews, is remarkable to me. What IS judaism, and by extension, what are these beings which call themselves jews?

Can you elaborate? I am no familiar with his work, even though I should be

This might be true, I'm not sure. If you go back far enough though, it seems like actually there was no 'race' of jews. The jews added in rules to define what being a jew meant, as their kingdoms expanded / collapsed.

For example a religious scholar friend of mine was explaining to me that the people who were slaves in egypt were actually distinct from the jews, and the story we have now that puts those people as jews isn't really true. Jews we know now actually came from that group joining some other group under the notion of an ever-changing judaism. Maybe someone else knows more

I think a lot of people would say that Bob Dylan did a great deal to further jewish interests in the US, given that he was a leading figure in the counter culture, and a hero of the left.... I think you should explain me. Not familiar with the other people you mention

Who then?

jews are the descendants of cain and bear the mark of the devil , which is why their skin detoriates rapidly unless they consume fresh human blood or flesh - which is also the reason they do not / aren´t allowed to eat nonkosher aka animalblood or mixing bodily fluids with meat because it triggers their deep rotten genetics which thrives on cannibalism and sanguine rites.

whenever you see an old jew you can instantly say "thats an old jew" they look like walking dead corpses.

whenever you see an old person they could be of any heritage unless black or white.

no i am not kidding.
the jews in power have demonicblood in em , which is why they also have funny noses wicked teeth and soulless eyes.

ps: i´ve jewish ancestors too but i am a follower of jesus christ till the very end because i´ve had my fair share of experiences and the single mention of his name wakes me up out of any nightmare when im lucid like a resetbutton.

my stepfather is a jew , went to a synagogue once had this hourly jibberjabbering about the friday ritual bla and had some feast it was annoying and slow as fuck never again.

wouldn´t become an orthodox jew or any sort of jew following this shitty backwards religion if you paid me shekels.

it feels unholy , it probably is unholy.
take that as you will but i´ve been possessed before and only once i´ve turned to christ i was "miracoulusly" healed (none of the pharmaceuticals they gave me had any meaningful effect).

doctors said they never saw such a thing in their 20year old career etc.

that was one of many pointers which made me a strong believer in jesus christ.

now you may think this is greentext or im talking out of my ass but that´s how it went down.

now at 28 im miserable , unsuccessful but still happy albeit bored because i know how many people are being led astray by politics nonsense talk and fighting between eachother about materialistic ideologies or whose country is better at what like children argueing.

I dont understand the christians who are skeptical of or hostile to judaism. You know everything you believe comes from a jew who claimed to be god, right? The christian idea is that god is a jew.

about once every 2000 years

just for the sake of clarity: christians do not consider Jesus the same as God they are two different entity or even "concepts" if you want to get into philosophical territory, simplified: one is a local entity the other is universe or cosmos.

brother nathaniel

Yes, right, right. But a jew who claimed to speak for god, or be a projection of god as a man, or however you want to put it

Wow - this is so ignorant and retarded that I'm not sure if it is actually bait or not. If it isn't, you should try reading the bible at least once so that you have something to contribute to the discussion beyond ultracrepdiarian faggotry for fedora niggers.

Was jesus not jewish? Did he not claim to speak for god?

Spinoza

You have much anger in you. Be more humble. And confess your anger to the Lord God. Not to some man, but to GOD.
I pray for you.

Jesus was a jew (as in race), but he did never sin. Not even once. It is a non-issue.
Jesus could have taken the form of a potato and I would not give two ounces of a care about it.
Not even the devil could lead him astray, that cursed wretched evil even offered all the lands to him. Which jesus, blessed be his name. Denied.
For he was more interested in bringing people to repent, and to rekindle belief and worship towards God.

Jews took the "choosen by god" as some sort of license to practice evil.
Much like "Once Saved Always Saved" advocates do today.
I used to belivie in OSAS, it only brought me misery and hate. Just like the devil wants.

Even today most of them deny the only begotten son of God. For which they will be cast in hell unless they repent.
Matthew 10:33
"But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Jeremiah 31:31
""The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah."

Even the rabbis and the pharisees witnessed Jesus healing people and casting out demons. And the reason why they denied him is not in some form of way a glory to god, but to keep their man made traditions and to feel important.

As we all do, we love sin more than god. And there is our problem and why so many are suffering today.

Luke 13:24
""Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to."

Be blessed and look towards god and repent. As we all need to do.

These guys know what's up

One of my buddies is a pure jew, but he doesn't give a shit about religion, gladly eats pork and had a baby with a goyim girl (important : his baby therefore isn't jewish since jewness comes from the mother). Is the first to make jokes about jews being greedy etc and laugh about it. Long story short, one of the good ones.