Anime protagonists used to be based as fuck. Where did it all go wrong?

Anime protagonists used to be based as fuck. Where did it all go wrong?

Japan is a bunch of pussies now. You shouldn't expect much.

>those fonts
Fuck off and die. Also good job posting almost exclusively 90s anime so we know you're a newfag

>Subaru and Touma not manly as fuck
Good job showing off your faggotry

Your taste became shit.

Migrate to Sup Forums. A bunch of capeshit heroes there are muscular manly.

Spotted the self-inserter.

Did you enjoy pretending to be Kirito today?

Spotted the dipshit that makes assumptions and makes garbage threads. No, I'm not a self-inserter. I just can spot a newfag from a mile away.

10/10 thread because it has Lina fucking Inverse

>almost exclusively 90s anime
Less than half the characters on the left are from the 90s you utter idiot.

It's always funny to see morons like you posting on Sup Forums when you've seen less than 50 anime.

>that sameface on the right

fucking hell tell me that's the same anime.

God, I hate that short hair with bangs cut. These character designers have one of the few things that can make their MC character more distinguishable from the rest and they all opt for the same retarded hairstyle.

>I just can spot a newfag from a mile away.
Says the idiot who thought left was mostly 90s anime.

You probably watched your first anime this year. You aren't qualified to shitpost.

>Action shows on the left
>harem shows on the right
WOOOOOOOOW

Spotted the retards that can't count. Unless you're counting some of those as being 80s because their manga/LNs started earlier, those are mostly 90s. Now fuck off back to Sup Forums

>copy-pasted one-dimensional "macho" protags
>copy-pasted one-dimensional "nice guy" protags
Nothing has changed.

>no cgi gatsu on the right
>no dbs goku on right

>Who is Shinji Ikari the thread

>almost every character on the right has a bang going down the middle

>guts is a one-dimensional macho protag

your shit taste and new is showing

Isn't part of the problem that the best manga simply don't get anime adaptations?

Goku - 80s
Violence Jack - 70s
Lupin - 70s
Momotaro - 80s
Ryoma - 70s
Kenshiro - 80s
Lina - 80s
Gene Starwind - 90s
Domon - 90s
Guts - 80s
Bobo-Bobobo - 00s

Literally 2 out of 11. Way to go you stupid idiot.

Go on and post the action protagonists of today then.

Most animation studios decided to throw all sensibilities in design out the window in favor of drawing "cute" girls doing """""cute""""" things. IIRC...

>guts 80s
>lina 80s
>goku 80s
Fucking retard. DBZ specifically was a 90s anime
Lina and guts had their anime in the 90s
Go back to Sup Forums you fucking newfag retard.

1995 and Evangelion was a turning point.

>Fucking retard. DBZ specifically was a 90s anime
That came out in 1989? That was based on a manga that started in 1984? What does air date of the anime have to do with anything? It's about the eras the characters were conceived.

You're a dead set moron dude.

all the action protagonists are little girls now. get with the times.

When you were born faggot

Don't worry! He's coming back!

Unironocally it's Shinji's fault, but not how you may think, Shinji acting the way he is fits his anime, and given the popularity it got his character archetype also became popular, but there is one problem, that doesn't work all the time, if you put Shinji passiveness without the trauma or psychological issues you get just a beta faggot

>Unless you're counting some of those as being 80s because their manga/LNs started earlier
Learn to read.
>What does air date of the anime have to do with anything?
Because it shows us you're a newfag based on what you picked. Awesome thread. Have fun faggots. Those are horrendous choices on both sides

The japanese concept of masculinity and macho have changed. From the 1980 to early 1990, the dream body for a male is a 6' tall super beef body. But with the popularity of jpop and K-pop groups rising the demand for effeminate and/or skinny male bodies became more and more popular. Probably one of the first popular mc I noticed who doesn't have a beef at body is Hiruma Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin.

>male protagonists
Disgusting

>Because it shows us you're a newfag based on what you picked
The only newfag here is you, because you were stupid enough to say the characters on the right were mostly 90s, which is blatantly wrong and shows how clueless you are, and now you're desperately trying to dig your way out of it. Pretty pathetic.

Characters from before the 90s:
>Lupin(1967)
>Kenshiro(1983)
>Violence Jack(1973)
>Goku(1984)
>Momotaro(1985)
>Guts(1989)
See, that's more than half the fucking characters.

Half of them were in the 90s and another 2-3 where literally a year or two off. Keep trying newfag. Just stop making threads while you're at it

You quoted the wrong person.

It's the same in the west, in the 80s Stallone and Arnold was the pinnacle masculinity, today it's Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran.

Meant for:

That's a pretty bullshit argument, mainly as it's based on complete lies.

Only Domon Kasshu and Gene Starwind were conclusively conceived in the 90s. Nevertheless, thank you for once again confirming your stupidity and attempting to dig yourself out of a hole.

You probably thought Lupin was 90s.

The point isn't when the characters were conceived you fucking moron. The point is that you picked a whole bunch of normalfag popular anime from around the 90s because that's all you know.

>1983
>1984
>1985
>1989

So basically the 90s. Keep cherrypicking, morons.

>The point isn't when the characters were conceived you fucking moron
That's exactly what the point is though. It's hilarious you were stupid enough to miss it.

The OP is literally comparing characters created in a certain era to characters created in a later era. How you're dumb enough to miss that is reflective of how stupid current Sup Forums is.

Ironically enough, you just admitted that you didn't know when these characters were conceived.

>That's exactly what the point is though.
No, but it's my point you idiot.

Eh, there were a few pansies in the past too. The main difference is that they all manned up at one poiint.

Fuse the 2 sides. A bird has 2 wings

Modern Anime don't even have protagonists like Amuro anymore. At least he had some grit to his character.

Alright guys, stop bumping this disgusting bait thread.
The OP obviously only watch 50 anime.

I don't know if Gundam SEED and Code Geass are still considered modern, but Kira and Suzaku were both Amuro expies that turned out badly.

Kira was 15 years ago, and he was just a far worse written version of Amuro. Gundam Seed is just a ripoff the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Suzaku is nothing fucking like Amuro.

You already got destroyed and you're still going? Sad.

Stop talking bad about his self inserts!

>Suzaku is nothing fucking like Amuro
It's more superficial than that. His piloting skills and the fact that he was the rival of a Char clone do make him an expy.

And the shitposter is a faggot from Sup Forums, not surprised though.

Millennials.

The change of demographic.

Always cracks me up.

IKOMAN

Not him, but consider killing yourself.
>These characters aren't 90's, but they count as 90's!
That's not how it fucking works.

Lupin is the best one on this entire list.

KISAMA

it proves that we are slowly all being turned into fuck-boys

I STILL have never seen an episode of Lupin the Third.
How badly am I missing out....

Are normalfags secretly gay?

>actual samurai
>talks shit to sluts
>molests gaijin girls who get in his way
>shitpost on 2chan
I guess you just watch anime for otaku and want to talk shit.

>Sup Forums
Enjoy your SJW infested bullshit.

How come male character design is so limited compared to female character design?

Looks like a fucking pussy compared to Kenshiro.

Why does Japan hate manliness now?

I'll wait forever for an anime adaptation of Teppu.

Anyone looks like a pussy compared to Ken

Thanks senpai

>newfag
Hasn't since this image posted a million times already.

Too much soy sauce.

Fucking phytoestrogens. I blame tofu.

Seriously though, why is anime so emasculated ?

Because the people who read manga are no longer those open-gakuran boys with the torn hats and blades of grass sticking out their mouths, instead they're aimed at the guys holed up in their rooms, pushing glasses up their greasy noses while shitposting on 2ch

Those were never the main audience though, do you think action movies are marketed towards war veterans?

The guys in the left were meant for boys to enjoy, the guys on the right were meant for teens and young adults.

Shounen is cancer and it died because nobody liked it

>hurr it's manly so it's good fiction

Basically this.

If you don't watch anime for the sexy girls you need to go back to Sup Forums. You should be asking what happened to floof

The right are all shows where fans only really care about the girls.

Comicbooks are still marketed for normal people, I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for anime as well.

Comic books and anime are both sick industries that can only function thanks to diehard fanatics and normalfag pandering.

>evaidiots think their anime was the sole reason everything changed

Sad but true. There are still some exceptions though, look at Miyazaki's films or "Your Name".

>Comicbooks are still marketed for normal people
A western product with an entirely different mindset and values.
>I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for anime as well.
Because the country of origin, culture, and target audience (depending on what kind of manga publication you're talking about) are all different?

Normalfag pandering. That's the only "acceptable" anime to exist, the only one that you can't be teased and ridiculed for watching. No fan service, no fighting, just story.

got a better explanation?

I do: it's called the changing of times. It happens across all forms of media.

But by all means, keep believing your favorite anime ever was responsible for dropping a nuke. It's all mindless drones like you are capable of.

Does anyone have the other images from a message board in the 90s where some faggots were complaining how anime is all nothing but moeshit and isn't good anymore.

Times change, but it's specific works that crystallize those changes. Both things go hand in hand. Shows are a product of their time but they also give shape to their time.

The point is Evangelion wasn't nearly as influential as morons like you try to insinuate.

You know OP, if you're upset that anime isn't pandering to you why don't read manga. Manga has more content and I can assure you it will pander to your closet faggotry.

sure, keep up the personal attacks, they definitely make your point stronger.

You're waifu a shit.