JoJo Thread

Who's your favorite character and why?
Hard mode: Respectfully disagree with other anons picks before you post your favorite character

>Started to worry about JBA when Iggy randomly gets introduced
>This shit happens in the next part

And thats when I stopped watching or caring about Jojos Bizarre Adventure. Its just too much of a cliched and bad thing to happen in such a series.

So everyone agrees Parts 1 and 2 are the best of Jojo right? Star Crusade is ok, but goes on too long and has an even bigger Mary Sue than Dio, in the form of Jotaro.

Does Hamon ever come back into the series, or does it get thrown away to make space for other shit?

>this shit happens in the next part?
when?

also, a common consensus is that JoJo gets very good past Part 3.

>So everyone agrees Parts 1 and 2 are the best of Jojo right?
Only you and the anime-onlies who love Joseph and are from tumblr.

Does Hamon ever come back into the series, or does it get thrown away to make space for other shit?
There's something in Part 7 that makes it different from the other parts.

Jolyne, my sin, my soul

Episode 6 of part 4. Literal ConMan with a guilt lock stand and that annoying high school cuck lets him cuck his mom

My take away from it is people that dont like good settings and interesting characters enjoy the later parts, I imagine its mostly former DBZ fanboys.

>Does Hamon ever come back into the series, or does it get thrown away to make space for other shit?
Aside from Part 7, which re-conceptualizes it into "Spin" for the new universe, not really.

>Only you and the anime-onlies who love Joseph and are from tumblr.
fuck you, I never watched the anime and I think 2 and 7 are the best parts

>didn't even finish watching the episode where koichi fucking wrecks him and turns the con artist into his man servant
please go.

>parts 1 and 2
>good settings and interesting characters

>Dio and jotaro being mary sues
Dio is just an asshole
jotaro isnt a mary sue but he has fuckton of plot arnor

You're not an anime first and you like Part 2's manga over every other part bar 7? Are you lying?

that plot armor sure doesn't save him from being killed at the end of part 6 though

>Series has been in a decline
>boring ideas added into it
>now subjecting itself to lazy cliches

You are missing the point entirely. This sort of subplot, and the execution to it is horrible and only confirms my feelings on the series.

Part 1 and 2 are not the greatest thing in the world, but they did something any long lasting series needs and that is introducing interesting ideas and world building.

And its followed up by pretty mediocre and mundane parts. Part 2 was a good improvement to Part 1. Part 3 was not much of an improvement and Part 4 is borderline terrible at this point.

The little substance the series had at the start has been thrown out, and its style is no longer interesting.

yeah its mostly in part 3
as kekyoin gets donut'd from one punch but jotardo survives many
in later parts it gets a lot better

>part 4
>terrible
>not liking comfiest part with best villain
shit taste desu

Too bad the thread started off with pathetic bait.

Part 4 has a slow start, but it starts to pick up later on, and there is a large focus on characters and setting in this part, as it is more laid back and less fight-driven than the other parts (there still is fighting). It also has what many people consider to be one of the better JoJo villains. I hope you give it another chance.

>He doesnt think the way we do
>its bait

Sorry for taking part in your precious series. I even said it starts off promising.

Part 3 did add anything that made me like it more, and part 4 only made me dislike what it is adding.

Its clear that the entire series had no real direction and things got added to it as parts finished and new stories were created, the existence of Hamon and it playing no part in Dios defeat in part 3 just goes to show how amateurish the writing is.

Just because its called "Bizarre Adventure" doesnt excuse lazy execution

I may finish it at some point, just to finish the anime. But honestly its become too cartoony, in the manufactured sense.

>Part 3 DIDNT* add anything that made me like it more,

maybe he'll go off to sob in his diary soon

I can only cut it so much slack for being written in 1992. The material hasnt aged well, to be sure.

I don't know
Maybe if you could narrow it down to favorite character from each part I could answer better?

B-but JoJo is a masterpiece....
A FUCKING MASTERPIECE

>considering the anime to be JoJo

Post your favorite character in each part

Dio
Wham
Polnareff
Rohan
Bruno
Jolyne
Johnny

Dio
Wamuu
Polnareff
Rohan
Diavolo
Annasui
Lucy
Yasuho

Erina
Wham
Polnareff
Rohan
Bruno
Annasui
Lucy
Kira

You can skip the entire part and start with Part 7 since it happened in an alternate universe. Part 7 is really fucking good and part 8 is good too so far.

Will Zeppeli
Wamuu
Polnareff
Josuke
Buccellati
Jolyne
Gyro
Kaato (so far)

>Everyone liking Wamuu and Polnareff

Dio
Joseph
Polnareff
Kira
Diavolo
Pucci
Diego/Johny
Gappy

>Diavolo

part3 jotaro is a silent protagonost and the most likeable person in the crew is Polnareff... So yeah.
I guess it's kinda similar to part 5 where Bruno outshines the MC until he finally, properly dies and ascended to heaven.

Dio
Joseph
Kakyoin
Rohan/Kira
Bruno
FF/Jolyne
Gyro

I guess I could put Bruno on the same par as Diavolo/Doppio.

>Doppio dies
Yeah right. Next you're gonna tell me he's actually just that secret mafia boss guy in disguise.

Now, ANIME WHEN?

Speedwagon
Stroheim
Hol Horse
Josuke
Ghiaccio
Pucci
Axl Ro/Valentine
Nutman

I was just glad to see Bossu get some love.

>Kira
Wait
He comes back in Part 8?

Sort of, not really.

Danny
Caesar
Kakyoin
Koichi
Abbacchio (Narancia's close behind at 2, bossu at 3, and Mista at 4)
Foo Fighters
Gyro
Daiya I guess?

What did I miss by animeonlying parts 1-4 and reading after that?

Yes
Hes the MC now

Some small gags and panels
Its kinda it

Part 1 is almost 1:1 except some moments from their youth, very good adaptation

Part 2 is improved with anime (a lot of notably bad anatomy in the manga for Part 2)

Part 3 is significantly worse; Jotaro loses a fair bit of character from the early Part 3 manga and the stretched-out pacing makes the MOTW format feel like a waste of time

Part 4 is fine except the art quality as a whole is the worst in the anime to date. They botched way too many importance scenes like KQ's reveal

>Part 3 is significantly worse; Jotaro loses a fair bit of character from the early Part 3 manga and the stretched-out pacing makes the MOTW format feel like a waste of time
Is that why it was my least favorite?
Would reading it instead improve my opinions on the part?

>Mista at 4

REMINDER

I want Joshu to shit in my mouth

good presentation

teru is ____ ___

mysterioso man

PLANT APRAISSER PART 2 WHEN

>Part 1 is almost 1:1 except some moments from their youth
Part 1 had the biggest cuts by far. It's missing a huge chunk of the childhood scenes, the sacrifice scene the manga opened with, and a bunch of other things like Dio buying the poison or Jonathan's short fight against Wang Chen.

We should be getting spoilers tomorrow, right?

part 5 anime wen

Tomorrow.

I like Gyro the most. I just like the idea of a cold and imposing stranger who really has a very pure and noble goal. I was sold the second I saw him

he would later die of a cold

Next year by the will of Allah and davido , my brother

I drew a speed king

It still hurts man. Either way Gyro still completed his goal

Gyro didn't complete shit, he just died.

No, he did his thing. I'd elaborate but I just smoked a bowl and can't remember how.

Lrn2read.

Gyro's goal was never just for this one specific child, it was much more general than that. He wanted to prove to his father that he didn't have to be a cold, obedient asshole to have value, and that his emotional responses and judgement to stuff mattered. And he did so successfully, too. His legacy was doing the best he could, winning the hearts of America and making Johnny into a hero.

Marco was just an excuse. There's a reason he has infinitely less personality and relevance than other characters the heroes fight to save (Like Holly, Trish, Jotaro and Holly again) and that's because he never really mattered, it wasn't about him.

His thing was winning the race, but he couldn't do it.
I'm not trying to shit on Gyro, but his arc concluded with him failing to attain his original goal, but he attained personal growth and became a true man.

Anyone have rare art

>His thing was winning the race
Literally established as not being the point of the part in the first couple of chapters.
>but he couldn't do it
He changed his goal willingly. Him and Johnny have several talks about this, and one final one where he makes it clear his mind is made up.
>his arc concluded with him failing to attain his original goal
As said before, irrelevant. His goal becoming more important is an important part of his character and arc.
>but he attained personal growth and became a true man
Now you're starting to get it.

Tusk act 4 looks like it's wearing a poncho.

And it looks cool as fuck.

But if I post it, it won't be rare anymore.

Stop dissecting the post you're responding to sound smart.
>not being the point of the part
I'm not talking about the Part, I'm referring to Gyro who for a good chunk of the manga had the main goal of winning the race.
Gyro still did give a shit about winning, but it became second to the whole corpse deal.
When he died he saw that growing as a person was the only thing that mattered to him and that he did his absolute best to fulfill what he was trying to do and that's why he tells Johnny it's okay the way it is.

>that Act 4 Pose
Wait a second...could it be?!

>kars in mineral mode
>inner conscience and thoughts remains, body entirely frozen
>starts to evaluate DNA in order to transform himself in a lifeform capable of withstand the space
>water bear appears
>with a enormous effort, transforms one of his fingers in a water bear pack
>water bear pack set rumb to earth and enter cryostasis mode
>after many years they arrive to earth
>after many years they hijack a space probe just the enough to colide with kars and ricochet it to the earth
>???

That is some nice pottery.

>Literally established as not being the point of the part in the first couple of chapters.
For the first few volumes SBR really was all about the race itself. The president and the corpse were only introduced in Pork Pie Hat Kid's arc which was right after it switched magazines. It was very sudden too, it's really noticeable on a re-read. Makes me wonder how different things would have been if SBR had stayed in WSJ.

>kars is coming back in part 9
>when araki said he never returned to earth it was just a ruse

>inner conscience and thoughts remains
Too bad it's stated he stopped thinking.

Part 4 is my favorite part besides 7. I'd like to see why you think it's terrible besides the art direction, which is obviously subjective.

Part 4's anime has the best art direction desu.

I think it's great, but that guy sounds like he disagrees. Maybe he was talking about the quality, which I can agree with for some points, especially during the episodes animated by that korean studio.

>Stop replying to posts and making me feel stupid
Your request is shrill and unreasonable.

And you haven't actually said anything new here at all. Gyro started putting the corpse secondary to the race pretty early on - the detour he made with Johnny to get several bits of it (in spite of claiming he'd never let the corpse get in the way of his original goal) proves he was already starting to change his priorities.

I'll give you this, when it first started out it had the same short-chapter thing that part 6 (and the rest of the series before) had rather than being monthly. I meant the first couple of fights - the corpse is established in the Boom Boom family, and becomes Johnny's main motive after Wired.

Objectively speaking who is the best Jojo?

Illumination
Generation
Temptation
Imitation
Situation

Narancia because he's cute!

>the corpse is established in the Boom Boom family
Was it now?

Dio
Joseph (though he's my second least favorite JoJo)
Kakyoin
Josuke
Narancia
Jolyne
Johnny
I haven't started part 8

Where is this from?

Jojoveller.

I believe jojoveller

Something I love about part 4 is how Kira is always having a bad time, he's never stronger than all the main characters and sacrifices a lot just to keep surviving.

The corpse was first shown during Sandman's intro, in the first couple of pages. Johnny used the spinning nails to beat the Boom Boom family, but I'm not sure if Tusk itself was established until Wired.

Jonathon
Joseph
Hol Horse
Kira
Mista
Pucci
Johnny
Gappy

There is no such thing as a bad part.

Just a horrible one called Part 2.

>The Star
Made me chuckle