Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7Bh76Sapk
youtube.com/watch?v=BB0C5V8OPVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All waifus can be upgraded by making them sneks

What if your waifu is already a snake?

Then make her blue/purple and give her black sclera

Get her flowers, user.

It's like I went on a business trip for a few months and came back to find she's become all /fit/ in the interum. It's glorious.

As someone who found this franchise through the manga, I thought Jinto's hair looked weird. Every time I saw him. For the entire anime.

I dont like the new manga's art style. It has a unique look I dont care for, it almost seems western.

Lafiel? You okay, pumpkin?

Someone else, at last. I can sort of see the appeal, but something about it just throws me off, particularly the expressions.

Lafiels face looks really stylized. I dont Like the eyeliner like effect the artist uses around eyes ether.

The artist does'nt have the soft lines that most anime and manga have, and while some might say it looks more realistic it doesn't appeal to me

I don't mind the art style, but the expressions are bugging me a bit. She isn't supposed to very expressive, apart from a few key moments. The slasher grin she gave Febdash wouldn't have been anywhere near as impactful if she'd been like this during the first part of the show.

I'm not sure if I will like Lafiel that looks like that in real life
The anime version was way rounder and cute and had a humane touch to it

Space elves are the best type of elves.

I want to racemix with this filthy Abh.

>but I want all my manga to look exactly the same!
Obviously, to each their own, but it's nice to get some variety. Also, realistic? No. Stylized, yes. Personally, I think the new art is stunning.I never really cared for the style of the anime version.

Honestly, this is my only issue - she's way too expressive. It's out of character. Other than that, though... it's like I've fallen in love all over again.

A shame there's no space orcs to hold them in check.

>spend a long time in the small shuttle with your waifu
>she starts to have an odor
>boner

What do?

Play Battlefield Gothic: Armada as the Eldar. Pretend your bombers and fighters are mines. Disregard star cannons, acquire pulsars.

>I want to racemix with this filthy Abh.

For some reason her relationship with Jinto seems kind of tragic.

When Jinto dies she won't even be middle aged.

I kind of want to know about this too.

Has anyone here read the LN? Is it finished yet and do they do anything to address the discrepancy in their lifespans?

Post yfw no matter how much you upgrade your waifu you'll never beat best girl Tohka

>Touka

It's actually written as Tohka in her case

They will die together, as they agreed. It's romantic and tragic, just like romeo and juliet.

>Playing as anything but Imperium in Battlefleet Gothic
Xenos. I bet you don't even board enemy ships.
Don't they have gene modification? Jinto's an Abh nobleman now so he should have access to those technologies.

>They will die together, as they agreed. It's romantic and tragic, just like romeo and juliet.

Wait, is this true?

>Don't they have gene modification? Jinto's an Abh nobleman now so he should have access to those technologies.

My impression is that the gene modification technologies only work on zygotes and the like.

Watch the anime.

Not him, but I watched the anime, and I don't remember this. In fact, what I do remember is a scene where they talk about the future for whatever reason, and Jinto thinks to himself that it hasn't even dawned on her that he'll be old or dead by then and she'll still be the same.

The scene where they're together in the rocketcoffin.

Masturbate in front of her.
Don't mention why.

If she looks at you, make eye contact until she looks away.
If she doesn't, just stare off into space the whole time.

I did,

It's been awhile though.

She seriously wants to kill herself when Jinto dies? I hope Jinto told her fucking no if he cares about her. She would have over half her life left to live, why deny her that?

>gene modification technologies only work on zygotes and the like.
Oh, right, I see. Guess Jinto's going to die well before her afterall.

>She seriously wants to kill herself when Jinto dies?
...that doesn't sound right to me at all. Been a long time since I watched the anime, though. Still, I'm skeptical.

>Oh, right, I see. Guess Jinto's going to die well before her afterall.

I'm kind of hoping the author retconned this tidbit in later novels. Maybe a new technology that could extend Jinto's lifespan or something.

Which is why I'm curious if there's anyone who has read the LN that could clarify.

>that doesn't sound right to me at all.

Right? Seems bizarre.

It's the classic human x elf problem. I'm not sure why you expect it to be solved this time around.

Nah, he's keeling over, at least she'll have kids to keep her company.

I'm fine with that sort of thing, but when did they agree that?

Are the good guys winning or is humanity in for an elven dark age?

I watched Crest of the Stars awhile back and thoroughly enjoyed the anime.

But that was like over 10 years ago. Haven't kept up with this series in ages.

Pretty sure Sup Forumsnon is bullshitting.

>Maybe a new technology that could extend Jinto's lifespan or something.
I believe they do have the tech to alter his genes, but he wants to remain 'human'.

unique is fine if it looks good but I dont think this does

He is, Jinto just promises to stay by her side until the next he enters a coffin.

That's the promise he talked about, seems forgot or is bullshitting

>this time around
It's not like it's never been solved before. Arwen becoming human, for one. There are various ways to approach it.

All I remember there is Jinto's resolution that when he dies it will be by her side, or they go together. I don't think it's dawned on her that he'll die before she does.

>making your immortal elf waifu give up her immortality
disgust.png
Now were just back to her offing herself at the funeral.

>making
No one's making anyone do anything, it's their choice. I mean, in LotR it's a bit different since I think it's basically presented as a preset choice - either marry him and be human, or don't and be an elf; there are real human-elf pairings, but I don't remember that possibility for Arwen/Aragorn ever being raised. In a broader context, though, while you want the elf to outlive you and be happy, they might not want to and might not be happy doing that. Like others said, though, there's been no actual indication about that either way in this series.

The war could also go straight down the shitter for Abhs and render the question moot. I hope it doesn't though.

What, as in the Empire gets overthrown and they both get killed? That'd be one hell of a depressing ending.

Too depressing to be a viable option, I hope.

Didn't someone say that it's indicated the Abhs lost in the end, though?

Apparently, the United Mankind, despite generally losing to Abh, in the latest novels manage to make a successful surprise attack on the Abh capital, and the Empress leads a small fleet to hold them off while civilians and other important things are evacuated. She dies. Nothing about a definite loss, though.

Who takes the throne? I think I vaguely remember reading about this, Lafiel becomes like sub-tenth in line to the throne or something.

Don't know, according to Wikipedia this stuff happens not in "the latest novels" but in the latest/last novel.

FFFUCKING SPACE ELF SHITS

KILL THEM

KILL ALL SPACE ELF IMPERIALISTS

Hopefully grand-grandkids as well.

Go visit the Troll queen and get immolated, Orlanthi scum.

E-D subs are terrible.

Ive only read a summery but

They lose the capital and the lynchpin of their empire. Dusanyu becomes Emperor, Lafiel is promoted two ranks to Rear admiral and made the presumptive heir to the throne

Wait,

I don't quite remember this. My impression was that Aragorn would live for centuries, anyway, given that he's one of the last Numenor (ironically, a lifespan longer than the Abh) but that he would eventually die and leave Arwen behind.

The tipping point was Arwen realizing she'd have kids with him, that even when he died some part of him would live on.

>mfw someone on Sup Forums actually knows about KoDP

Is she romantically involved with Jinto?

How much pushback does Jinto face from the Abh regarding their relationship anyway?

Aragorn would live a long time for sure--he's 80 during the events of the books--and Arwen isn't pure elf either. Elrond was half-human. Half-elves in Tolkien choose which path to follow--immortality, up to and including reincarnation with the Valar should they die, which is the fate of the Elves, or to die like Men, whose souls depart Middle-Earth to an unknown destination. Arwen "gave up her life" a year after Aragorn died, according to wiki.

Ha ha, get fucked elf royalist shits.

DEATH TO THE EMPIRE

Aragorn's long-lived, yes, but she nonetheless becomes mortal to be with him.

>That'd be one hell of a depressing ending.
Not that bad if they had lived long lives and died in together eachother's arms but I'm a sucker for classical tradgedy faggotry like that and fully understand most people think it's horseshit.

I'm a sucker for tragedy, too, but getting killed while losing the war isn't the same thing as dying on some last expedition at the end of your life or whatever. It would just be everyone we root for losing entirely.

The anime any good? Or the novel? How is the manga?

They're all good, not sure how the anime has aged though.

The anime has aged really well, IMO. It really feels like a grand space opera, and the score helps with that a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7Bh76Sapk

Actually, don't look at that one. It's got a recap that spoils pretty much everything from the first series. Sorry. Here's a spoiler-free version.

youtube.com/watch?v=BB0C5V8OPVI

Aight, will watch it. A little sparse on episodes though, for an old show.

>eldar

Man Jinto, why give up hundreds of extra years to spend with Lafiel just because "muh human purity"?

I mean, didn't his domain of humans kick him the fuck out anyway? It's not like retaining genetic purity is going to help smooth over relations.

if Seikai no Monshō gets a re-make, would you watch it?

I'm playing an Abh empure of sorts in Stellaris.

I just wish the combat in the game was more satisfying. Like maybe giving the player the ability to either auto-resolve fights or slowing the overarching galactic time to a crawl in systems.

I mean, yeah, you can customize your battlefleet and choose your admirals and whatnot, and the fights can look spectacular. But you get no fine control to the extent you can actually strategize, perhaps even destroy larger fleets with clever tactics.

ITT: Race traitors and traitor symphatizers.

It's not really old, even S1 was only 1999. The era of the four-cour standard was long over by then.

I haven't read the books, but this seems strongly disparate with what we saw of Jinto in the anime. I'm going to need proof for that before I buy it.

Yes, but it'll never happen.

>new manga
Wait what?

Did you not see the OP? Or any of the pages posted ITT?

Aren't the abh getting wrecked last time I checked they were losing hard. What's been going on recently?

>recently
The last book was four years ago, and the one before that was in like 2003. Nothing's happened "recently."

They were winning the war quite splendidly, until united mankind goes back on their surrender and executes a surprise attack on the capital. They manage to destroy the capital and kill pretty much the entire royal family who stayed behind in defense. Lafiel is set up to be the next queen and is pretty bent on the war once again. Jinto is her only moral compass at this point really.

And no Jinto can't modiy his own genes. He is going to die much sooner and they both know it, but keep skirting around it.

So it's basically set up for the Abh's ultimate victory by the end of the story if we go by narrative cliches.

iirc it was in bots3

I suspect the Abh will become a roaming fleet in the end, destroying anything they come across.

Give her shaped pupils

How old are they now?

Everything feels like a backdrop to the whole abh narrative and origins that is showcased by lafiel and jinto's relationship. The war is just a vehicle to accomplish these ends. Whoever is victorious is largely irrelevant.

They are both similar ages of around mid 20s, with lafiel being slightly older.

Then why are they worrying about age? Life expectancy is still like 100 they literally have his whole life...

Who are you quoting?

Isn't Lafiel one year younger than him?

Needs some paintschainer loving.

Could someone upload the sub comparison pic about Jinto's name? I need it for reasons.

I just want to see how this artist does my one true waifu Spohr.

The age difference has always been a constant obstacle in their relationship, especially in jinto's eyes. Although, lafiel has started to take notice of this as well. It is standard for the abh, much less the royal family, to serve for long periods of time in the military before even thinking about settling down. He will be well on his way to being an old man by the time she gets done. The war certainly isn't helping either. They both have a strong sense of duty and won't abandon their respective responsibilities.

It has been a long time, so I might be mistaken.