Fukumoto

What is his greatest work?

Other urls found in this thread:

fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2017/04/akagi-chapter-296-end.html
store.steampowered.com/app/364960/RestrictedRPS__All_Aboard_The_Icarus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kurosawa part one.

Ten, followed by Akagi, Gai and Kurosawa in that order.

Kurosawa, obviously.

Seizon - Life is second.

Gin to Kin is third, then the rest.

There's part two??

Yes. It's about him becoming a hobo after he wakes up from the coma.
Gin to Kin
Zero 1st series
Kurosawa 1st series

Ten

>Zero 1st series
2nd is way better and we finally get a richass old man who's NOT a fucking psychopath from FKMT.

Dunno, I liked the amusement park of deathtraps a lot more than finding some old guy

Read enough FKMT and you'll get sick of giant corporations with black-suit goons holding death games some day.

I really love Gin to Kin, and I think it's more fun and better paced than Kaiji, but for me it really isn't above Ten and later Akagi. Mahjong is fkmt's strong suit, and it is the means he feels most comfortable with to deliver an incredible story. Of course though, the highlight of Ten definitely wasn't mahjong, but still.

Fkmt is a very talented mangaka, and I'm glad so many people have such different favourites when it comes to his works.

What do you guys recommend I read first?
Because I know a lot of his stories have continuations. Like with Kaiji, Ten, Zero, Kurosawa.

If you like mahjong, start with Ten, follow with Akagi if you liked it.

If you don't, watch Kaiji or read Zero, then try Ten anyways.

If you strongly detest games, try Kurosawa or Gai.

Most people got hooked by starting with Kaiji, so that's a place to start as good as any.

A friend of mine made pic related, if it's of any help.

Ten's final arc.

I like games, one of the reasons why I loved the manga of Yugioh. Which one is your favorite work of FKMT?
That chart looks useful. Thanks.

Kurosawa by far if we pretend that part 2 doesn't exists.
Akagi would be my personal second one

That shit is outdated.
4th Kaiji arc ended quite some time ago and 5th one is ongoing now.

Oh and Akagi isn't ongoing, it finished last month or so.

No, Akagi isn't ending until February

You wot?

fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2017/04/akagi-chapter-296-end.html

fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2017/05/akagi-chapter-297.html

Oh shit, I didn't realize it has an epilogue mini arc. That's cool.

it's a crying shame none of fkmt's manga ever got releases outside of japan (other than seizon life). none that i know of, at least.

what do you think?

Absolutely 0 mainstream or even profitable niche appeal. It falls into the obscure kind of niche that simply wouldn't sell. Just look at the fucking Kaiji game on Steam that absolutely fucking bombed for example.

It's old but I still thought it would be useful for someone just getting into fkmt.

And link related:
store.steampowered.com/app/364960/RestrictedRPS__All_Aboard_The_Icarus/

You do realise that Gogem is a hack and doesn't have rights on anything related to FMKT.

I'm aware that whoever made that game obviously has no Kaiji rights but how are they a hack for adapting Restricted Janken into vidya format? Unless there's some drama I'm not aware of in which case do tell.

All I'm saying, if the game was officially developed by decent team and was properly marketed it probably would not have flopped.

Best boy

sure is

PON
KAN
CHI

FURI
TEN
TSUMO

yukio best

Watch season 1 of Kaiji, read after that (Part 1 is not translated by FKMT crazy, but has an official online translation for like $3 a volume).

Zero is just Kaiji but with a smart protagonist and more focus on solving the games than the psychological aspect of the games.

If you're going to read Ten and Akagi, read Ten up until the Clear Mahjong arc, then read all of Akagi (current translations are up to date I think, and the series only has 9 chapters to go), then finish Ten.

Thanks

The game didn't generate a lot of fellowship going into it's beta time (pre-greenlight), then it went greenlight and people calling it illegal to rip-off kaiji turned SOME people away, then on release the only servers were player hosted ones.

Apparently recently they went free to play, so maybe that might boost interest. The game itself is alright, but it's a multiplayer only game. If it had some kind of singleplayer, like maybe even half of what the Kaiji ps1 game was then it might do even better but I'm not holding my breath.

I had fun with it when I played it at release with people from the FKMTKrazy community.

Another thing was that he didn't market the game well like at all. He tried posting on Sup Forums of all places, but his posts were taken down due to advertising.
Yet despite all of his hardships, I was thinking about making One Poker into a game like how he did Restircted RPS. Seems simple enough and since it's a 1v1 kind of game, implementing single-player wouldn't be hard. Seems like a fun summer project and if it kicks off I could probably go all out on it.

I'd only play it if you make it F2P, and I'm sure same would go for many others.

>Zero is just Kaiji but with a smart protagonist and more focus on solving the games than the psychological aspect of the games.

I just wanted to add on that I think Morita from GtK is much more like 'if Kaiji were a competent protagonist' while also keeping a psychological aspect more than Zero does.

You got a lot of good advice, hope you enjoy descending into nosey madness.

I sure hope Kaiji ends on an emotional note like Kurasawa and Ten.

I'm hoping that the final Arc is a true showdown against Hyodo.

If Kaiji manages to actually beat his son and become a (yen) billionaire, surely Hyodo will want to defeat him

I was actually kind of hoping for Kaiji and Kazuya to somehow team up against Hyodo. Considering Kazuya isn't exactly his dad's biggest fan.

Some people think that what's done is done, regarding Hyodo, but I can't help but feel everything is leading up to the confrontation where Kaiji leaves him and Teiai in ruin. Or at least try to.

That's what I feel as well. I really doubt Fukumoto just decided to introduce the guys son as an antagonist for fun. I really think that Kazuya might end up dead. The setup for it is perfect. The machine controls everything, so if Kazuya bet his life and lost, Kaiji couldn't stop it, and Kazuya's henchmen couldn't either, considering they're all outside.

>hope you enjoy descending into nosey madness.
I will. All the people on this thread have given me amazing recommendations.

PON!

Akagi's death arc in Ten.

But I don't want him to die. He's too cute to die.

i really hope the epilogue has some good stuff in store, and not just like reminiscence on all that's happened during washizu mahjong.

glad that washizu is still kickin' apparently. cant wait to see what happens

Honestly, the fact that he was made so likable only makes me more frightened that he might get killed.... Hopefully the arc resolve doesn't end up fatal for him.

He's 100% gonna die for sure, I bet money on it

>betting
has fkmt taught you nothing

i see what you mean, i just really want him to live...

Actually, there's a way to stop it

>I'm hoping that the final Arc is a true showdown against Hyodo.
Same here. I really Kaiji to get another shot at him, but this time have Kaiji being prepared.

>final showdown against Hyodo
>Kaiji loses again

Honestly I think it may happen.

I wouldn't mind it being a draw. But I don't want Hyodo to win and the series to end on that. A bittersweet ending will be fine, but not a bitter one.

>but this time have Kaiji being prepared.

Exactly. Hyodo proved that even he can make prideful mistakes, given that he arrogantly gave Kaiji a chance to win the Lottery game. If Kaiji enters into a gamble with him with experience, strategy, and luck on his side, he could win. The enormous Mahjong win convinced me of that. He's an idiot, but he has incredible instinct and otherwordly luck.

Kaiji's luck could be from Hyodo giving Kaiji part of his own luck at the end of first part. Remember that line where he gives Kaiji the winning scrap of paper back and says it's infused with King's Luck.
And then you realize that Kaiji wins three times in a row right after that (Chinchirorin, Pachinko, Mahjong).
It has to count for something despite being symbolic.

Also the way Hyodo acted towards Kaiji made me feel as if, in a way, he saw a younger version of himself in Kaiji for the lack of better words.

Me neither. I don't trust FKMT not to hurt me again though.

Didn't know Tonegawa got his own spinoff. Nice.

Am I the only one who read the manga Confession, which is a work Fukumoto did with Kawaguchi Kaiji?

akagi vs urabe was good

Tonegawa spinoff isn't made by FKMT, just so you know.

>kaiji drawn by itagaki

There's something I like about that.

Still neat, tho.

sure damn was

Actually, Hyodo just used that as an excuse to have Kaiji keep the paper and later realize that Hyodo could pick out the paper because it was folded, and that there's no such thing as "King's luck", that Hyodo made sure he would win.

Yeah, there was also something about mother Sophie based on? Kazuya's own mother I assume? Or some "inheriting her spirit" kinda deal.

Hopefully it turns out OK, but I don't trust fkmt a bit...

The current chapters of Kaiji are probably the most intense the series has been to date.

Kaiji and Kazuya are both all in, Red Lives included. Kazuya already used Mother Sophie's failsafe to save Kaiji when Kaiji's remote broke. So Kazuya is about to eat it.

Well shit......

>watch Kaiji
why though?

Post your favorite Kaiji pages

this needs to be updated because Kaiji part 1 is fully translated now.

Part 1 isn't translated unless you buy the official release online.

it's been ripped though

Not true, I just read through it all a few months ago

Nigger, the entirety of Part 1 has been on BakaBT since forever.

Link?

Got BakaBT account?

It's on MT too

Chinchirorin. When Kaiji goes, what are you doing, you have to go twice with my cheat dice.

He had just raped him the previous turn, and then hit again.

Is the game against Kazuya about to end? Did Kaiji ever use the 2 he had while he was about to drop down?

Take everything one step at a time.

He used the 2 in the next hand and bluffed to get Kazuya to fold with a 6. As for the game ending, this past week's chapter was the card being flipped over and a flashback to the entire arc, dragging out the reveal for another week.

interesting how even though its dragging on forever, fkmt manages to keep it so intense

It's not dragging on nearly as long as the 6th round of Washizu mahjong did.

Overall the pacing of One Poker (and even the Salvation Game towards the 2nd half) wasn't too bad.

I didn't know shit about mahjong yet I enjoyed Akagi.

I may have searched a little bit about the rules now and then while watching it but usually very little info.

I feel like Ten is the one people consider his magnus opus.

So did they both play an ace?

>if you dont know anything about mahjong you want enjoy it

Hardly, I didnt know anything about Mahjong til like 3 years after I watched Akagi

There's a very small button on both sides that reveals a tray of 3 Aces. Kaiji discovers it and swaps out his 8 for an Ace. Kazuya has been using this throughout the match (at least one of the 5 Aces he plays through the match is definitely from this table, I cant remember the exact number)

He notices there are also 3 buttons in a triangle but he can't push them at once.

Kazuya realizes Kaiji uses the Ace button, so he uses the other buttons. We don't know what is in that drawer, nor do we know what either player played, but it's likely that button is for an arsenal of 2s to counter the Aces.

So either: Both played an Ace, Kazuya played a 2 into Kaiji's Ace, or Kaiji played his down card into Kazuya's 2. The reveal is going to be in the next issue.

It's Kurosawa.

I like Shin Kurosawa as well because I love hobo shenanigans (Tokyo Godfathers is my favorite Satoshi Kon movie), but it pales in comparison to the singular brilliance that is the original Kurosawa.

So who could win, Akagis' or Kaijis' luck?

Part 1 & 2's anime surpass their manga counterparts

pure love

Akagi, in pure luck. Kaiji mainly fights cheating opponents and has to outsmart them.

Mikoko had better step off.

It won fucking Sugoi Japan 2017
What the actual fuck I wanna read it shit
And more HERO too