WSJ

The magazine is dead. It has nothing good going on for it desu.

>acceptable-tier
The Promised Neverland (Readable, but nothing that would be remembered if it ended right now)
One Piece (Has like 500 chapters too much)

>Okay-tier
Dr. Stone (Barely okay, will be subhuman-tier soon enough I can see it coming)

>Subhuman-tier
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Bland shit that Hipsters read and shill to pretend they aren't reading garbage shounen)
Haikyu!! (Would be cancelled if Fujos moved on)
Spring Weapon No. 1 (This is probably one of the unfunniest manga ever made judging from the raws)
My Hero Academia (jumped the shark after Twice. Now it's just shit)
Hinomaru Zumou (Homoerotic garbage that isn't manly at all)
Black Clover (Uninspired and stupid is an understatement)
Robot x Laserbeam (I-I swear golf is fun!! L-look if I say it often enough, it's fun!! Fujobucks where??)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Ecchi shit, just read Hentai)
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Fairy Tail with Food)
Gintama (Soulless corpse of a manga that was okay in the past)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Weeb Comedy: It isn't funny, but people will pretend it is, because it's le japanese humor, but not really)
We Never Learn (Nisekoi 1.1 instead of 2.0)
Samon the Summoner (Just fucking disgusting)
Hungry Marie (Author forgot what made Beelzebub famous and just wanted to draw cute girls. Doesn't help that the plot is trash)
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries (A gay dude with
a harem. I'll laugh later)
U19 (I don't think I have to say anything)
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~ (Cringe)

Other urls found in this thread:

j-magazine.or.jp/magadata/index.php?module=list&action=list&cat1cd=1&cat3cd=14&period_cd=1
j-magazine.or.jp/magadata/index.php?module=list&action=list&cat1cd=1&cat3cd=14&period_cd=34
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-16/weekly-shonen-jump-circulation-drops-below-2-million/.116173
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The magazine is dead.
So long as the super-bestseller One Piece is still ongoing, WSJ will live without trouble.

Kill yourself.

I'm sorry that Bleach and Naruto ended user

This is a low effort shitpost

>6 million+ seller with DB, slam dunk, YYH
>2.5-3 million seller with op, naruto, bleach
>about to go under 2 million this year with op only

op can't carry it alone.

stop reading manga for children

A new success will rise, like always. Don't underestimate Shueisha's talent agencies, you nameless peon.

As long as people like you, who will read every junk they spit out even if you hate it, they'll keep going.

Japanese people buy less and less manga in general. It's not just that WSJ's sales are dropping. The crisis is industry-wide.

you know what those first 3 had in common? They knew when to end.

There are more bleach chapters than there are dbz chapters.

Digital catalogs are the standard. Buying single issues is just way too expensive.

Everything in it is shit, but it has zero competition, so it stays at the top. One Piece will carry on the dead body for another 10 years.

>The magazine is dead
I mean, not that I don't agree, but why are you making threads about something that's been true for as long as the board's existed? Haven't you stopped giving a shit about WSJ by now?

It feels like eventually they pull a gun to the mangaka's head to cut their backgrounds and focus on character close ups. So many have fallen

Pitch your own WSJ series.

>I Swear I've seen That Student Before But I can't Recall where
A harem comedy that will last for 1000 chapters and beyond as a Christmas cake teacher falls in love with one of her students but can't risk making a move without putting her job at stake. Suddenly she develops the perfect plan with how many sick days she has saved up, she'll disguise herself as a transfer student to seduce her love interest. Unexpectedly, her replacement arrives and it turns out to be a beautiful teacher who makes sexual advances towards the MC's love interest, what's worse the love interest seems to be reciprocating in the advances of the new teacher. Will the transfer student be able to win his heart?

Let it go, Bleach and Naruto is over, accept it.

ps. fuck off with your shitty ideas google

It accepts no matter what I tell it for that sign-type part, so I think they're just trying to train their software.

I thought Haikyuu was hella popular?

Yakusoku no Neverland is not shit. Actually, is one of the best things i've ever readed, maybe even more than OP. Also Dr. Stone is going rlly good, but it will become a generic shonen pretty soon if it continues the way it is going.

>is one of the best things i've ever readed
>readed
>i've
>rlly
Clearly that's not saying a lot, since you only learned how last week.

>My Hero Academia (jumped the shark after Twice. Now it's just shit)

What?

>Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Fairy Tail with Food)

The only thing I agree on the list.

World Trigger?

Manga overall is dead.

Read more.

>is one of the best things i've ever readed

This is the level of mangafags everyone

Wow user, you really are the god of the english. But just a question, who gives a fuck?

>stop reading manga

Fixed

It needs to find a good replacement for One Piece quick, the story can't possibly go on for another decade.

Well, show me something better and maybe I change my opinion
Oh, wait, you don't have

>who gives a fuck about not typing in mangled kindergarten-speak
Read the rules and fuck off, retarded ESL shitter.

Digital is already about 50 of the book market, paperback will be a collectors item in 10 years.

I doubt you "readed" much.

It's at the halfpoint currently.

>stop reading
Fixed

Books and comics are shit too, both western and eastern. Do something meaningful with your life.

>stop
Fixed. If user didn't do anything meaningful with his life so far, he never will.

OP here, is someone baiting you retards.

Hiatus and I don't expect that boring shit to come back.

>What?
Read the manga.

>not reading books

I can't deal with ignorance of this magnitude.

>reading books
This isn't /lit/, nigger.

Shueisha has SQ, which has better shounen than WSJ, so everything is fine.

No, it's the Earth, where you don't belong.

WSJ is kill, Web Novels and LN are to blame.

SQ sells way less. Also name three good series in it, you literally cant.

>consume my preferred media or else you're scum!
Nice opinions you've got there.

>people who don't read are scum

Yes, that's exactly right. You seem sensitive about it. You should be.

>>acceptable-tier
>The Promised Neverland
even in shitposting the series is overrated.

>Haikyu!! (Would be cancelled if Fujos moved on)
Haikyuu is good fun and for a series that started in 2012, having sold 20 million+ volumes is good enough to be a hit.

I agree that monthly set ups oftern lead to higher qualilty work, but it takes too much time and may cause loss of interest faster than normal. Perhaps bi-monthly is the solution? Slightly more chapters than monthly but more time for polish than weekly.

Wait for when it becomes battle shounen.

GOD TIER
>Boku No Hero Academia
>The Promised Neverland

ACCEPTABLE TIER
>One Piece
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Dr.Stone
>Gintama

REGULAR TIER
>Haikyu
>Robot x Laserman
>Yuuna-san
>Shokugeki no Soma
>Hungry Marie
>Saiki
>Hinomaru Zumou

BAD TIER
>Black Clover
>Poro
>U19

NOBODY REMEMBERS IT EXIST TIER
>Spring Weapon No.1

Now that Naruto and Bleach ended, and One Piece is getting worse and worse, Jump is dead. The magazine, whatever its name, that has the last of the Big Four, Fairy Tail, will be the new leading magazine.

Shit taste.

>GOD TIER
>>Boku No Hero Academia
Stopped reading right thee

>Fairy Tail

By the way, Fairy Tail is ending in 14 weeks at most, already confirmed

the editors killed it

everything has to sell a million unis, or they cancel it

Why was Bleach cancelled? It sold well.

>Samon the Summoner (Just fucking disgusting)
You are so very wrong.

your idea is too good for jump

Emma is a demon reveal when?

among fujos

not that many fujos in japan

If it ends with the teacher and the new teacher getting together, I'm sold.

Recommend me good shit senpai

>boring shit
shit taste

Except One Piece is as good as ever.

Depends on your tastes. Rabbit shit is pretty decorative with its globular shape and small size. Horse shit is more massive in size, but mostly keeps the globular shape, also tends to be lighter in colour. I wouldn't recommend cow shit, unless you want to eat it. Goat shit is pretty similiar in both size and shape to the rabbit shit, just a little smaller, juiciers an more spherical. If you want some really rare and artistic shit, import wombat shit from Australia, as it's cubical shape, soft and dry texture and light colour really makes it stand out.

The fuck's your problem with the Wall Street Journal?

>food wars is fairy tail with food
that is throw much garbage to only one show user!
Whatever i agree with you, the jump needs another big hit. Give dr stone time and hope senkuu dont die sempai.

>implying WSJ doesn't have half the top-ten-selling manga at the manga
>implying the "Big Four" was ever a thing
>implying FT isn't selling less than like five things in WSJ
>implying FT isn't ending soon
>implying WSM is even remotely close to WSJ's sales >implying someone who can't remember WSM's name is qualified to give opinions on this at all
You're a retarded faggot.

the meme is "the three maries" there was never something like the big four

It's funny how people keep waiting for another 1 million seller. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! Give up! TIMES HAVE CHANGED! NOTHING ELSE SELLS SO MUCH! Just look at the number of series that get it these days: OP, SnK, HxH, only manga with more than a decade. Even the current mega hits (One Punch Man, Haikyuu, Tokyo Ghoul) take a long time to reach 1 million.

The same goes for the magazine. It's not selling less because titles are weak, it's selling less because no one cares as much about manga as it did twenty years ago. Kids have internet nowadays, with countless out forms of recreation, and LNs are becoming more successful. Competition has increased dramatically. Remember that it's not just WSJ sales that are falling, but everyone's sales overall.

Damn nostalgists.

>SnK
>more than a decade

>Remember that it's not just WSJ sales that are falling, but everyone's sales overall.
WSJ is falling faster.

> TIMES HAVE CHANGED! NOTHING ELSE SELLS SO MUCH!
I'm not sure what you're on about. Physical magazine sales have dropped, yes, but physical sales for individual manga are constant at worst. In 2008, five manga had individual volumes top a million, and only OP topped five million cumulative for the year. In 2016, again five had individual volumes top a million, but seven series topped five million cumulative for the year.

>WSJ
Why are you talking about the Wall Street Journal in Sup Forums?

>WSJ is falling faster.
I can't read nip, so I don't know what that chart's timespan is, but recently, WSJ is actually falling slower than all relevant competitors.

j-magazine.or.jp/magadata/index.php?module=list&action=list&cat1cd=1&cat3cd=14&period_cd=1
j-magazine.or.jp/magadata/index.php?module=list&action=list&cat1cd=1&cat3cd=14&period_cd=34

See? Since 2008, WSM's fallen by 45%, WSS's fallen by 62%, and WSJ only by 23%.

I seriously hope japan wont go full digital on manga, just to piss off american pirates

They already did though?

Saiki isn't even a weeb humour series, with a few major exceptions most of the jokes could be translated directly into a Saturday morning breakfast cartoon, faggot.

shut the fuck up weeb

>>SnK
>>more than a decade
8 years ago. Big deal. HxH and OP are from 97/98.
>Remember that it's not just WSJ sales that are falling, but everyone's sales overall.
Go search the numbers for Sunday, Nakayoshi and Magazine.
About ten years ago, OP, Nana, Death Note, Naruto, HxH, Nodame Cantabile, FMA, and maybe Bleach, all those shit had a million sales per volume in a few weeks. Nowadays this is not so simple anymore.

Assassination Classroom was a big surprise when it came up, it sold 500k before the anime. Everyone thought it would become a hit on Naruto's level, but it did not. I mean, it sold a lot, but it came out of the Oricon rankings, with 700k. My point is: selling a million per volume is not impossible, but it is not as easy as before.

What if the reason for this is that newer manga are simply shit, and not because times have changed?

>HxH , Bleach
Wrong

>it sold a lot, but it came out of the Oricon rankings, with 700k
Also wrong, volume 18 did 920k in a few weeks

Next time look it up before you spread misinformation please

Neverland is fucking overrated.
>shit shonen characters
>atrocious deviantart-tier art

>atrocious deviantart-tier art
The designs are divisive but the art is not bad by far.

>Buying single issues is just way too expensive.
This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

A 500-page tome costs about $3, and you can usually find a copy for less if you grab it from the homeless people selling used books outside train stations.

t. live in Japan and don't buy Jump because it has nothing going for it.

fucking over my favorite youtubers.

Reading without paying for it doesn't help them.

digital mango is good tbqh

>Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Fairy Tail with Food)
You're not wrong.

>Also wrong, volume 18 did 920k in a few weeks
wrong

You are fucking wrong stop spreading misinformation
I bet you use ANN you fucking casual

>Not my Earth!

>that autism list
Looks like this user was right:

well played

>They knew when to end.
>DB Buu arc
>YYH butchered end arc

OP is actually right, the end of anumu is near desu.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-16/weekly-shonen-jump-circulation-drops-below-2-million/.116173

Because quality has nothing to do with success user.