Why are americans so fat? It must cost a fortune

Why are americans so fat? It must cost a fortune.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_Pacific
stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TROLL or Nah?? Its actually incredibly cheap to get fat. Soda is retarded cheap, its cheaper than bottled water, and mickey d's dollar menu is helpful too.
Also we're incredibly lazy and don't want to LEARN to cook. Fuck anyone who uses an excuse " I was never taught"
Bish, you got the inter webs. Fuck outta here.

because its a 56%, fast food loving shit country.

It's actually the cheapest thing ever; for a white working middle-class couple, it's more economic for me to buy fast food for dinner than for my wife to prepare a meal using overpriced ingredients after a long day of work

Sure, but do you have to eat this every day?

Bullshit, you're just too lazy to put in the 30min to an hour prepwork of a proper meal. Eat rice, beans, and chicken for half of your meals and you'll spend a fourth of what you spend on a dollar menu.

What the hell is that?

>Why are americans so fat?

They know theres a war and a famine coming so they're stockpiling

>current year
>thinking fat makes you fat.

It's the sugar, stupid!

No, but if it's easy, fast, cheap, and tasty then it's going to attract a lot of business.

This. It's more work than delivery, but once you build it in to your daily routine it's easy to eat healthy & cheap. Just maybe have to work a little for flavor.

looks like wheat buns, bacon, "cheese"-like substance and mystery meat

It's a bacon double cheeseburger. You don't have those in autismland?

actually processed carbs are super cheap, which is what is making the hambeasts so spherical

>IMPLYING THEY ALL ARE

GROSS OVER GENERALIZATION = SLIDE

NOT ON MY BOARD FAGGOT

IT'S A SLIDE THREAD! GET BACK TO THE MEMOS, PUT SAGE IN THE OPTIONS FIELD.

>bottled water
Failing for the waterjew...
You can drinkt your tap water, right?

I lived in America for a while. Their food is full of sugar. The bread lasts 3 weeks because its full of sugar. Lots of "low fat" shit full of sugar. Even a can of coke is full of corn sugar. Within a few months I had a little belly. You need to spend like a 50 dollars a week on super wholesome food to stay lean.
There's tons of that kind of food in Europe but America is so big that the food would rot before consumers would buy it.

At least it's not curry you jealous ass BITCH.

Enjoy your brown people and archaic peasant food sucker punk bitch.

Mad much? Jealous much?

>yuropoors jealous that they pay more for less

It's gross and ruins the flavor, no? Once you get off the sugar train here it's shocking to be surrounded by everybody thinking it's normal and necessary to add sweeteners to everything.

per capita they are not the fatest

SAGE STOP REPLYING, ITS A SLIDE THREAD

************************************************************************************************************
SLIDE

>overpriced ingredients
Which ingredients would that be? Buying fresh vegetables and meat is cheaper than prepared food. Making most foods from scratch is easier, cheaper, and better for you. Rice is dirt cheap. Potatoes are cheap. Green leaf vegetables are cheap.

Your wife is lazy, and can't cook. Just admit it. Go buy a copy of The Joy of Cooking, some tools like a rice cooker, food processor, and some decent pots and knives, and learn.

I spend like $50 a week on food, and I eat damned well. You just have to know how to shop, and how to cook.

A decent meal can be made in less than 20 minutes of actual work. Less, if you cook in bulk and freeze it. I can make a vegatable stew or chili or a couple of cups of brown rice or beans in my slow cooker, and eat for days, for less than $1 a meal. A slow cooker is $35 on Amazon. You have no excuses.

when will you trumptards go back to plebbit?
jesus.

malnutrition is different from undernutrition
80% of americans are white trash who can only afford factory made processed food cancer from walmart
But they still can afford huge quantities of it since it's so cheap
American food companies turn people into food junkies, it's more profitable to make people buy cheap shit many times than expensive shit once in a while

Mexico is number 2 for obesity rates and they don't exactly roll over money

It's the highly refined fructose syrup from corn that's in everything now.

What do you feed a calf, so it grows into an fat adult cow in a year? Corn.

Yeah, and you can always just make a week's worth of food at once and just reheat. A large pot of chili would set you back maybe $5 if you go vegetarian chili. You could just throw that shit in the fridge and heat up a serving once a day/every other and get about 8 meals out of it. "Food deserts" and "Cheap fast food" are just myths that exist only in extreme cases. Unless you are flipping through coupons and doing online deals/apps you are never going to spend less on fast food, it always comes down to people being lazy.

Yeah. People mock Americans about weight but if you're on a budget is really hard to eat healthy. Good food costs a lot of money. It gave me a new perspective, the cheap food is super bad for you unless your careful (rice, canned beans, chicken breasts etc).

That's why cooking like is the way to go if you want cheap, easy, good here. Pre-prepared food and you're in a tight spot.

Some 3rd world food trucks can strike a good balance, but they're not always around or conveniently located.

Its not victorian times any more. Its cheap food that makes you fat

Sure, simple sugars and carbs are the main culprit. Corn syrup is simple carb/sugar.It's in everything these days. But the (((medical industry))) blames it on fat. Fat is not the problem.

>Good food costs a lot of money.
Maybe in Ireland, but not here. The basics, rice, vegetables, beans, fruit, they're all cheaper than prepared foods. Meat can be perfectly affordable if you shop for sales, or buy in bulk at Costco.

Soda, chips, ice cream, pizza, prepared meals, lunch meat, that shit's expensive. And it's expensive because that's what people buy a lot of.

The myth that eating healthy is expensive is utter bullshit. It's the favorite excuse of fat fucks addicted to corn syrup and too lazy to cook.

You know what would be cool is if somebody came up with a vegetable chopper device you could just hold over a pot or pan and toss a vegetable in to. And then instead of having to clean it, you just dunk it back into its bucket of grain alcohol or whatever to keep it sanitary.

That would make throwing together a quick meal even easier. Chopping and cleaning takes time yo :/

>The myth that eating healthy is expensive is utter bullshit. It's the favorite excuse of fat fucks addicted to corn syrup and too lazy to cook.

that's truth right there. I can make a pizza for less than half the prize of frozen pizza from the stores. Let alone pizza from pizza shop.

>It's a bacon double cheeseburger. You don't have those in autismland?

That burger looks like its at most 25% meat

I'm on about America. I lived on the West coast so it isn't a good example. Food here is cheap. Beef, dairy, egg and butter is top class but stuff like cheese is suprisingly bad.

"Grass fed" beef is normal beef for us, we are lucky enough I suppose. A normal shop for 1 person would cost you 25-40 euro a week I reckon.

Trust me, i know, I went low carb years ago, way before it was a fad, and learned all about it.

Corn isn't just used for sweetening, either. Look at how much we eat, in terms of nachos, any kind of chip, corn meal is used in tons of prepared food. Corn, on the cob, is healthy. A diet heavy in corn meal, corn flour, and corn syrup leads to Boogie2288.

Here's the best part - wholesome food is fucking delicious. Carbs and fructose sweetened food is usually the stuff people pound down mindlessly, not even really enjoying it.

It's a bad angle, but that's why you go for the double or the triple burger usually at cheap fast food joints because the rest is mostly bread and fake sauces.

Yeah i can't believe i used to think fruits were healthy. iv'e been LCHF for almost a year now and feel great. i tried to eat a banana 6 months in an thought it was disgusting sweet

Dude, a food processor is like $40 on Amazon, and will chop all your shit in minutes, and cleans up in the dishwasher, or in the sink in a minute. Don't be so fucking lazy. Get a food processor, a blender, a slow-cooker/rice cooker, an electric frying pan, and some decent cast iron skillets, and you're set. They're not hard to use. Cooking is easy with the right shit.

Because there are food commercials every five minutes: eat a juicy burger, now! Now! NOW!

I am a samurai. Nothing less than learning skills with my halfway-decent knife will do for me until I'm a mad fast chopper.

The Jew fears the samurai. Fuck processors and blenders. It's already enough work to clean the knife and the cutting board. At least you never have to clean the cast iron if you do it right.

time is money

And to add on, if you want, throw in a bread maker, which will make better bread than the store, and can also make pizza crust.

Basic recipes are not hard. You have the internet, and a wealth of information available to you. I can make a better hamburger than any fast food joint in 20 minutes or less.

Why are Pacific islanders so fat?

If you're such a knife fan, then why do you want basically what is a food processor over a pan?

Choose one.

>20 minutes
reeeeeeee
Dumping a steak on the George Foreman grill is about right for me, except for the part where you have to touch raw meat and then clean your hands afterward.

The key was I could just dunk it in its cleaning solution and maybe properly clean it a few times a year or whatever.

I think it’s the opposite, things like McDonald’s are super cheap and fast to get which is probably why many poor people I’ve seen fat. But if you aren’t poor, or at least middle class, you probably worked for the position you’re in, you’re probably disciplined enough to work hard and have self control and realise what a disguising creature your stopping yourself from becoming. You probably cook your own food regularly unless you had everything dropped into your lap and have no self control or ability to think of the consequences of things like eating too much junkfood

Im baffled by it too
I can barely afford to stay to 130 pounds even though if 5’7 and I see these fat fucks walking around and just get absolutely disgusted
Absolute pigs

Too much vitamin D

Plus the fact they live on an island means everything is less than 500 yards away. They just don't walk anywhere.

IIRC really shitty diet and a genetic predisposition. SPAM is really popular for some of them as well.

Why are brits so fucking fat?

yes

How would one fit this inside their mouth?

>feed corn and HFCS are the same
You know nothing of corn.

They're fed donner kebabs here. 11,000 calories in a single kebab and they eat it. Plus binge drinking from age 13 doesn't help them.

This. My wife and I spend a good chuck of our sunday drinking wine and making food for the entire week. We make 4 servings of each thing we cook so each of us can have one for dinner and lunch during the week. We buy everything from local farmers and its still cheaper than buying fast food. Our average cost for food is about $6 a day per person and we eat like kings.

Funny how more expensive a McDonald's meal is from a homemade meal here.

Food is far more inexpensive than in Europe. Why do you think they call us poor all the time?

I know
>Wikipedia
but whatever: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_Pacific
>Reasons for this issue include mining operations that have left not much arable land; as a result, much of the local diet is of processed, calorie-dense, imported food such as Spam or corned beef,[2] rather than fresh fish, fruit and vegetables.[3] In addition, cultural factors have been blamed, such as associating a large body size with wealth and power, or changing ways of living, with children leading more sedentary lives.[4]
Also
>Nauru 94.5% population over age 15 overweight
That's pretty ridiculous.

It’s not specifically sugar or any other macro nutrients making you fat; but the excessive eating habits. Eating over your TDEE will result in fat gain or mostly muscle gain if you have a muscle stimulus applied

>It's actually the cheapest thing ever
That's probably the main reason. Thank god fast food is expensive over here.

There's also a forced convenience aspect. I pack a lunch to bring with me to work, but if you don't do that, what are you going to eat for lunch? You're going to have to buy something.

If you're out shopping or traveling and you didn't pack your own food ahead of time, where are you going to eat? Find a proper restaurant and pay and wait for a good meal? Or fast food, use the bathroom, pick it up, and eat it in the car in between gear shifts and hektic corners?

>excessive eating habits

pic related.

Been to America once.
Went to a Pizza Hut or something over there.
Ordered a SMALL pizza.
Recieved what's a UK EXTRA LARGE.
It was at that moment that I realised why Americans are so fucking fat.

Well sure, but isn't it the low-middle class that tends to be fat in America? And isn't it the low-middle class that also has the most time to spare?
While sure, the convenience might play a part in it, but if it was in any way more substancial than the price aspect, you'd see rich people be the fat ones, not the poor ones.

Its a cornspiracy.

A lot of unhealthy foods in America are cheaper than healthy foods because corn is subsidized. Most of our meat is corn-fed. Soda has high fructose corn-syrup in it. What's more, farmers are incentivized by these subsidies to raise corn rather than other healthier crops. With a lower supply of these other crops, their price goes up. Why do we subsidize corn? Because Iowa caucuses are crucial to winning presidential primary elections, and Iowa is a corn state. Therefore, a president with an anti-corn agenda will never reside in the white house, and the president will always veto any legislation that is against corn subsidies, or which promotes crops which compete with corn.

low-middle class also has a tiring life, just wants some food, go home, watch tv or take care of the kids and then go back for another 3 hours shift or whatever, go to sleep

Less likely to want to spend the time and effort to cook and figure out how to do it inexpensively.

Also, the convenience is the same in other countries too. The only variable there is the price.

Pretty much this. It's not really Iowa, or even corn, specific though.
Farm subsidies are a sacred cow thanks to very successful lobbying.

There's a very entrenched idea in America of the "American Farmer" a hard working God fearing blue collar man struggling to make ends meet and provide his family. Farm subsidies exit to keep this slice of Americana alive.

The truth is that there are only a handful of small farms left in America, most farm land is owned by big entities like Monsanto. The subsidies line the pockets of big businesses who can throw absurd amounts if money at lobbyists. And no one can do anything about it without looking like they hate America.

We're long overdue for some anti-trust action.

I always have some small hope that eco people and health people would want in on this as well, since industrial corn farming isn't exactly the best use of the land, but that seems to only gain traction in fits and spurts. Cranking down on Big Corn some would really just be a win all around.

it really doesnt cost a fortune though. Those 4 sticks of butter and the bowel of coco powder all together probably cost $4 USD.

depends where you live and if you're willing to filter it, i'm blessed to live somewhere in NY where the water will not catch fire but I still filter the majority of my water to be safe. I'm 30 now and I can remember a time where drinking from the hose was great. I don't see that anymore, everyone carries their own water bottles now.

Go back, jack.

Farmers will pitch a bitch about 'niggers' on welfare, but drive like a maniac to to the PO 2 pick up their govt welfare check that pays them $$$ 2 not farm so many acres & subsidizes their shitty farming practices.

This is a legit question. My state is in the 25-29.9%, yet everywhere I look, everywhere I go, I see a fat tub of shit. Especially white women. The number should actually be closer to 90%. Not sure what (((organization))) put these numbers together, but they are clearly reminiscent of HILLARY 2016! Pic is all too related here.

stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

There should be a new rule
You can't post unless you post a selfie first alongside your comment first.

in america, cheap food makes you fat, expensive food makes you skinny

shits fucked up

>It must cost a fortune.
sugar water is dirt cheap

dumb video.
outdated health advice.
butter is one of the healthiest things you can eat.
animal fat is not what makes you fat.

>GROSS OVER GENERALIZATION
>70.2% of all adult burgerlanders are overweight or obese

Lol We are the fattest white country even accounting for blacks and spics. It sucks when every other woman you meet is overweight.

Because low IQ people can't figure out why diet ranch and fat free cream cheese isn't helping tthem lose weight

>white
NOT SO FAT AMERIBURGER

>It must cost a fortune.

They're fat because it doesn't. Because humans have evolved to live in times of want, of famine, more than times of plenty. Our world has changed faster than our body can adapt to it. Thankfully we have free will and self control enough that we should be able to overcome our base desires to gorge ourselves in times of plenty to prepare for times of famine since we know this won't happen, and we know the downsides to prolonged gorging.

But not everyone has the self control, it seems.

Its a disease called
Hashimotos Thyroidosis.

Generally triggered by wheat and dairy. Specially since they are both messed up by pesticides etc.

The immune system reacts to the wheat and dairy proteins, which kook similar to thyroid cells.

The immune system gets into overdrive and confused and starts attacking the thyroid, killing cells.

As thyroid produces less hormone, the bodies metabolism starts slowing down.

Person gets fatter eating the same or less.

That's the simple explanation.

People of Irish descent are more vulnerable to this disease.

So Americans,pommies and Aussies are getting hugely fat.

The Irish, being 40% celiac are diagnosed young and avoid wheat.
The Irish are not fatties.

Indians rarely ate wheat. Now their is western food in India, the people ate exploding into obesity.

I'd still prefer fast food over kebab.

MUH MOUTH

yeah this. rice and beans are retardedly cheap. a fucking combo in mcdonalds is 6 bucks

We are about the same as Australia and UK once when you only count white people in those countries

And the mcds isn't even all that fast a lot of the time. And all too often there's a neighborhood nigger stationed outside and you have to wait behind a line of bums to use the toilet.

Pound of peanuts at winco is like $1.20, sunflower seeds are even cheaper. Eggs are dirt cheap, too

>Making most foods from scratch is easier
dude don't be retarded, cooking healthy cheap meals is easy but not easier than going through the Taco Bell drivethru

Depends what you're making. I can throw some shit and 6 eggs in a pan and have a lovely breakfast in a fraction of the time it would take me to drive all the way to taco bell and then wait for them to make me a Grandito Supremo Dorito Beanarino and drive it back home.

Even time to throw some popcorn in the popcorn pot meanwhile so I can follow up with that instead of deep-fried Hershy's chocolate chip double Oreo border twists.

Problem is when your pallet has been tuned to MSG and high fructose corn syrup, those eggs aren't going to scratch that itch

No, it looks pretty normal to me. Could be a bit less cooked, but that's just what you get in a fast food restaurant.
t. chef

What state?

They'll scratch it like no other once you kick the habit. MSG doesn't stand a chance against my garlic, salt, hot peppers, butter, possibly bits of ham or whatever I have around.

HFCS can't compete with the sweetness of my onion or bell pepper or whatever goes in along with it.

Remove blacks & mexicans fromt he equation & were on par with every other white populace group...but I think you should worry about your own country & people, schlange.

>the sweetness of my onion
Based