I had such high hopes for this director, but she gets worse and worse with every new work

I had such high hopes for this director, but she gets worse and worse with every new work.

Other urls found in this thread:

4archive.org/board/co/thread/84491876
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She looks so cute when she's about to cry

>actually knowing who these people are
Come on user, you only cared because she's cute

For once this copypasta is actually fitting and correct.

Can't say I care about any of the stuff she directed, but the doing the storyboard for GA season 3 and the OP/ED of the first Wooser season is impressive, I really liked those.

>Being oblivious to the industry
Its like you stream anime on netflix and talk about it on facebook

>Recognizing 3dpd by their face
You're the most facebook person here.

This doesnt even make any sense.

Learn the industry casual cross boarding faggot

She needs to ditch Kyoani and try something that isn't the usual teenage SoL/melodrama.
That's the only way to know if she isn't a one trick pony unable to think outside of her tired gimmicks.

Who's this ugly bitch?

My wife.

But user, I've heard she improved Koe no Katachi by cutting out 50% of manga content and adding filters with chromatic aberration.

>50%
Didn't cut enough.

Why is she so sad?

>What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of months ago when I was asked to comment on Naoko Yamada. I went to my hōga for a viewing of "Koe no Katachi." I suffered a great deal in the process. The directing was dreadful; the movie was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character started the conversation, the director chose instead to cut to a shot of a desk or feet. I began marking on the back of my ticket every time that shot was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the ticket several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yamada's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of directing.

>But when I spoke up about this, I was denounced. I was told that children would now watch only Naoko Yamada in schools, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than watching nothing at all? If Yamada was what it took to make them pick up anime, wasn't that a good thing?

>It is not. "Koe no Katachi" will not lead our children on to "Hakujaden." It will not lead them to Atamanov's "Snow Queen" or Yuriy Norshteyn's "Hedgehog in the Fog" or even my own "Princess Mononoke."

>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Koe no Katachi by Makoto Shinkai. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Koe no Katachi at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Kimi no Na wa." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Koe no Katachi" you are, in fact, trained to watch Makoto Shinkai.

She's so boring.

Katabuchi got all the awards
Shinkai got all the money

I miss the Horiguchi cartooniness of K-On. Less present in later works, and the focus on photography technique is detrimental more often than beneficial.

Who's the laughing bitch in the middle? Another director?

>being autistic about chinese cartoons
It's like you buy blu rays and talk about it in your anime club

Nice copypasta.

Thats a meme sentence I haven't heard in a while.

She's 40? She doesn't look 40.

What's this originally about again

I hear Shaft is hiring.

This desu

I'd hire her for my shaft, if you know what I mean.

Wasn't it for Harry Potter?

Harry Potter.

>Kimi no na Wa is the most praised normie shit of the past years
>Liked by Sup Forums

Why I'm not surprised? I knew you guys were a bunch of normie faggots

True Sup Forumsnons only care about In This Corner of the World.
You can go back to R.eddit if you want to discuss Yamada's subpar flick.

Thisu.

by harold bloom for harry potter

All three are pretty good

>This Corner of the World
No BD for this out yet, I guess?

fuck you. She is the Robert Bresson of anime.

>caring about Jap WW2 whitewashing propaganda

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Kek, more like the Sofia Coppola of anime.

I can't think of a single thing they have in common

Thisu.

Tamako Shitket is still the lowest point.

Good; maybe they'll produce a competently directed anime for once.

When you start off with K-on there's nowhere to go but down
She's still fantastic and a qt though

Can someone make one of those "How would you like..."/Autistic screeching pics for this?

Actually even with those two around Koe No Katachi won 4 awards

K-On was brilliant, TLS was great (Tamako Market being a decent passion project that felt incomplete somehow), Hibike is decent but overrated, mostly carried by Kumiko and to a lesser extent Asuka. Haven't watched Koe no Katachi but I have high expectations.

>Koe No Katachi won 4 awards

That's nice.

The difference in award wins between In This Corner of the World and Your Name is greater than the difference between Your Name and A Silent Voice

>In this corner
"Mature" themes. Artistic dindu apologetic movie.

>Your name
Original premise, fantastic animation and direction. Fun

>Silent JUST
Pseudo artistic high school drama with overuse of filters. Very bland, underdeveloped themes.

That pretty good, seeing Koe No Katachi has no mainstream sponsor, I was surprised they won Japan Critics considered last year winner is Hosoda movie

Hosoda deserved it, Japan Movie Critics awards usually go for the underdog to avoid being trendy.

But Hosoda movie is not underdog, it was best selling 2015

Tamako Market is her only good work after K-On. Tamako Love Story and Koe no Katachi are mediocre

Even her episode directions after Tamako have been subpar. She either lost her touch or her work in Tamako and Keion were just a fluke.

TLS and KnK are leagues above TM.

Maybe stop making dull moeshit?

Moeshit doesn't exist.

Wrong

This Corner is the type of movie that would still win awards even if the anime would not do well

She needs to learn from Okada how to do good drama.

TLS and KnK lost the charm because she's just trying to be prestigious film director now. No more cute girls being cute, even though that was her strength

But Yamada is not scripwriter, she is director

>okada
>good drama

Autism =/= Awareness of your hobby.

Its almost as if you're a huge fucking faggot or something

I watched Koe no Katachi today, actually rather good. I wouldn't say it hit every mark, but it impressed me. Happy that movies like this can still get made in this industry.

>she's just trying to be prestigious film director
Good, it seems the right direction to take.
KnK was doomed to mediocrity by the rancid source material and TLS was gimped by being part of an ongoing project, but maybe her next work will finally get it right.

Maby if she directs something that is not a Light Novel adaptation.

Yamada has never done a LN adaption.

She has never worked on anything relating to a light novel before.

The bourgeoisie, poor nameless.

You know, I kind of miss this meme.

This and Keit-ai.

Maybe something horror.

OLD MEMES BECOME NEW AGAIN

4archive.org/board/co/thread/84491876

I don't get it why do people adore this chick?
Is it because she is a woman?
Is it because she made a popular show years ago?
Is it because of the shilling and people think they are cool knowing a director not named Miyazaki or Anno?
Is it because she has very obvious signs that she directed an episode?
What is it?

Because she's a master director who's also a beautiful young woman

Kyoanifags circlejerk, it's better to just ignore them.

>normie

"Your name" is the ultimate normie movie. I'd give it a REE! out of 5.

I could tell the movie was touching, but at the same time I realized it only touches those who are familiar with the feelings of love.
So I couldn't really relate to the story at all.

What bothered me even more was the constant boob-squeezing that completely ruined the innocence of the film.
Not only that, but there was a hidden liberal agenda in the movie enforcing the idea that traditional genders do not exist anymore.

It's only liked by Sup Forums because of the Keit-Ai meme.