Pre-2000s anime thread

What are you anons watching?

Currently having a nostalgia trip with Slam Dunk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euW71JOlKy0
taima.tv/r/chinesecartoons
youtube.com/watch?v=yvv4nqYDFkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only sports anime I have ever enjoyed.

youtube.com/watch?v=euW71JOlKy0

Brillante resplandor hay aqui
cuando vas corriendo por la ciudad
para descansar
despues de un gran dia de practica
y no se porque razon no lo se
yo ciento esta atraccion por ti
nuestras miradas se cruzaron sin control
no te iras nunca ya, te amare
loco estoy por tu amor gritare
el mundo sabra que vivire loco por ti
romper esta barrera sin dudarlo
me separa de tu amor y que todos sepan que me gustas
mañana el sol brillara
a todos demostremos que no hay nada
que pudiera separarnos ya
solo pienso en ti lo gritare y por ti estoy loco de amor.

holy shit angel cop is fucking hilarious

also worst hair

Anyone got a link to the 0choba cutey honey torrent?

not pre-2000s but how can anyone not enjoy ping pong the animation

Finished Kare Kano. It's not like any anime I've ever watched in terms of presentation and there are very few romances like it.

Who /bes tgirl/ here ?

It's really great series. It makes me sad that Anno got bitched out of the production team by the author,

the art can be a "turn-off" as some would call it.

Though I think "pleb filter" the correct term.

Escaflowne, decided to rewatch it when nyaa and bbt went down. It always breaks my heart in the end.

>ciento
pinche naco
Kidding, I love that OP, it's so Luis Miguel like.

I like the other trio a bit more.
And berry > cherry > lime.

Just rewatched the whole series again. Shit's still dope.

Currently downloading Kamizake Kaito Jean. What am I in for? Sailor Moon or Wedding Peach?

This... i am also re watching Escaflowne. It was that, Slayers or Orphen.

I am also re watching the original DB.

>Not enjoying Initial D

>pre-2000's thread deader than sin
fuck this board's shit taste

also, patlabor is the shit
>Gotou best boy

Watchin' some Space Cobra and City Hunter.

to be fair, I think these threads might be happening a bit too frequently
when they're spread out a week or two apart, we've had time to finish shows so we actually have something to talk about
when they happen every day or two we end up saying "yeah I'm still working my way through x. by the way, is y any good?"

I just finished Macross Plus again.
Makes me nostalgic about the 90's.

watchin key the metal idol. it's pretty good. they don't make em how they used to.

Ima Soko Ni Iru

it's fucking painful

good point

If you don't mean only team sports then you're missing out with stuff like Initial D like the other guy said, also Ace wo Nerae, and Ashita no Joe at the very least.

I was rewatching the original DB after getting all the neat BD rips with film noise left in and then that drive decided to die.

I'm rewatching Utena and I think I can finally be honest with myself, Akio is the best girl.

Do You Remember Love? is a masterpiece, this is great too. Shame I couldn't really enjoy anything else Macross

im trying to watch that right now as well as part of my robogirls of the 80-90's,
7 episodes in but im still waiting for shit to kick into gear

nothing really happens unfortunately. the show really falls apart.

I watched it live

>Googled Ace wo Nerae
>Girls showing nice legs

Picked the fuck up.

Damn you OP. I don't know if I should re-read or rewatch it.

I've been rewatching Initial D. Goddamn, Eurobeat makes the fucking show.

>pre-2000's thread deader than sin

I am honestly having a hard time to come up with something other than the typical DB, DBZ, Saint Seiya, Evangelion, etc.

Not OP, but you should re-read because Toei a shit that didn´t finish the adaptation.

user I have bad news...

you may have shit taste

Finally sat down to start watching this. The blue robots are fucking adorable.

Just bad memory, I wasn´t even 10 when I watched 90s anime with my older brother, when I finally started to get a hold on the internet was around 2005, and there was already new anime comming up all the time in fansubs.

[COOL VIBRATIONS]

SAC is post '00s dumbass.

Easy, take some examples from this thread and watch those series.

It's been ages since i don't download anime... Took me a while to switch to streaming because i do love to have the physical media but streaming is just more convenient than looking around the house for the discs...

Watched the ninja scroll movie the other day. Damn that aged like wine. It's almost as good as Basilisk.

taima.tv/r/chinesecartoons

i added a shitload of 80s-90s ova's to this streaming chatroom thing so come watch if you want to see some. some guy from 420chan posted it but i made it a pre-2000 playlist

akira
G-tatse
buttobi cpu
Mezzo Forte
Kite
Dna2
goldenboy
domoinion tank police
gunsmith cats
golgo13 ; the professional
gunnm
beautiful dreamer
call me tonight OVA
Plastic Little
riding bean
grey digital target
bounty dog
black Magic M66
colorful OVA
otoku no video
dimension hunter fedora
birth of mewtwo
TTS airbats

If you started streaming why not download anime properly? Streaming is downloading, so you might as well download good quality stuff.

Well fuck, my bad.

I also started watching this.

I'm rewatching the Tenchi ovas. I watched them for the first time a little over a year ago and they have become my go to show whenever I don't know what to watch.

>watching escaflowne on tv azteca
11/10 anime

M7 is pretty good, especially Dynamite 7.

One hit the bump limit yesterday and this one is doing fine. There's a lot to talk about when it comes decades of animation.

You got lucky, this one is almost 00s.
Man, I've been meaning to rewatch this shit for a long long time. I loved the OP.

Feel our despair now with the current 4th OVA series, it's absolutely ignored by the big english fansubbers, shit subs are the result of that of course, and so far the episodes that have come out fit kinda weird in the timeline.

Is there a list of anime that aired on tv back then?
I have a list of anime that aired on locomotion, but not one for tele abierta and I'd love to compile most of the stuff I watched back then.

>That one show/OVA/movie you really want to watch, but it isn't subbed
Post 'em.

Me and a buddy are watching Gundam Wing.
It's pretty fun so far. Cool grunt suits and uniforms.

Considering picking up this too. Caped mecha are very regal.

I'm also watching Slam Dunk but it's a first for me. Was motivated into the genre after watching haikyuu so I'm looking for any cool stuff I might've neglected due my prejudice in sports anime. So far, it's better than kuroko no basket but that's not much of a feat, I guess.

I'd love to see an /ar/ board - Retro Anime.

Oh man, yes please

Most Delinquent/Wangan-Kanjo racing/Bosozoku, type of series
I've been meaning to start a fansub group for this kind of stuff but I haven't had the time, I wish someone did though.

It's very shoujo-ish imo, but it's pretty good, I'd consider it a must among 90s mecha.
If by the end you still liked Wing, instead of then watching newer stuff, go back in time and check the original and Z gundam.

Sports is a good genre, sure there's tons of shit but you do get many gems. It's worth going through the classics at least, they'll also help with a ton of references you'll see everywhere after you watched them.

i saw an pre-2000 OVA(?) i wanted to watch but i have forgotten the name pls help

a lady dies and is then sent back to when her and her husband were first dating and somehow fucks things up by making the her past self jealous or something

Been watching Gundam 0079 for the first time. Although I'm only a couple of episodes in, I'm not really enjoying it. Does the series get more interesting later on?

>Gundam 0079
I'd recommend the movie trilogy

Old Warau Salesman, Ace wo Nerae, Stop! Hibari-kun, and Kinnikuman. All stalled because of subs.

I'm barely on the first episodes but it looks really promising. Also a friend of mine who saw it back in the day recommended it to me, when Animax or Locomotion were still a thing.

Also saw pic related.

People keep circlejerking the same anime. Post some random or different.

Nothing because Bakabt account is pruned.

Macross Plus is top-fucking-tier GOAT.

I still listen to Yoko Kanno's music from it (as well as Escaflowne) when flying somewhere.

Still trying to see
>record of lodoss war
>dragon's breath
>urusei yatsura
>great teacher onizuka
>utena
>Rose of Versailles

nothing watching past stuff gives me too much nostalgia feels
even old doujinshis make me cry i fucking wanna go back!
even pre 2000 days looked more bright now its gray and everyday the same.
last time i watched azumanga daioh and cried my mom was freaked and asked whats wrong because i rarely cry.
she almost called a therapist...

Hang in there, user.

I've already seen most of UC gundam actually.
They were pretty good.

If you don't like it now then 0079 just might not be your show. I'd watch it up until episode 11 and stop if you still don't like it.

The english dub really does it justice by flinging a thousand swears a second

My all time favorite.

Got also Escaflowne and Utena to watch.

>that entire sequence
I really miss hand-drawn mech sequences like this.

Touch or Maison Ikkoku?

Ranma OVAs >>>>>>>>> the rest

That is subbed. It's just shit quality.

JUST

manga or anime for Maison Ikkoku?

About to start Initial D. 2nd Stage. Would anyone happen to know the name of that suspenseful strong reverb piano song that plays in more serious scenes?

>I am honestly having a hard time to come up with something other than the typical DB, DBZ, Saint Seiya, Evangelion, etc.
If you seriously can't think of any other shows to discuss besides entry-level shit that everybody knows about then it's a safe bet that you're retarded.

movie or OVA?

honestly doesn't matter too much

Watch Utena now.

Is it even possible to find the original soundtrack? Whenever I search for its OST, I just end up getting a ton of Eurobeat.

You can find a lot of the original BGM in the Sound Files Vol. 1 & 2 albums, but I can't find that particular song anywhere

How come we don't see that glowing effect off the water in anime anymore?

Photon had a sick ending

Oh shit, I didn't even know about that. Thanks!

Sounds interesting, have a bump.

>Dragon Ball
>Bluray

Where????

Whoever bought the Ace wo nerae BDs, rip to BDMV instead of trying to encode if you don't know how to do it properly

Cherry.

youtube.com/watch?v=yvv4nqYDFkY

No one bought it yet. I said I might buy it if I had the money to spare, which I do not.

Found it btw, it's called "uneasy" and it's on 2nd stage sound files. It has a lot of 1st stage music for some reason

Read the archive before you post.

Mind linking me to the post?

nerve gas

The subs for Stop! Hibari-kun are basically done, but not edited yet fully.

that's cool I guess

already moved on to the manga though

found it
its not pre2000 though, but sept 2000

Kirara (ova)

Kirara Imai is a young woman who, running late for her wedding, speeds in her car and dies in a car accident. Without understanding why, she finds herself transported eight years into the past, as a ghost. Kirara keeps her appearance, but can move through the air and can pass through walls at will. Kirara finds Kompei, her future fiance, and the Kirara of that time, who at that point are not a couple yet. The ghost Kirara cannot accept her separation from Kompei and tries to keep him to herself, at the expense of her past self.

I want to watch this before I die

Its a crying shame that Kawamori has abandoned it for CG, even if the CG is pretty good.

Nothing lately but have been thinking about getting the new Escaflowne release.