Best battle shonen ever

Are these the best battle shonen ever? Do you agree?

>no Dragon Ball
>no Jojo
>no Yuyu Hakusho

I'm not referring to the importance of manga, but to their objective quality. Dragon Ball, JoJo and Yuyu are manga full of mistakes and inconsistencies from the point of view of the script.

Fuck off.

Ohtaka's colors are amazing compared to others. I would like a colorful manga from her.

>magi
Shit taste.

Magi is the best with FMA. All the others are a step below.

lol

>no Yuyu Hakusho
Good.

>pow pow pow

Yuck, we are talking about comic books. You can fuck off with this underaged shit

>Magi
>FMA
Thanks for the chuckle.

Get magi the fuck off the list

Togashi was way past bored by then

2 of those are incomplete so I probably wouldn't even consider them, especially with how a big of a shitshow Magi is at this point

Ushio and Tora was pretty based with how it built up Hakumen throughout the entire series and actually managed to deliver on a great final fight.

I'd also take off Shaman King. Both of them have too many flaws, Hunter x Hunter deserves to be disqualified solely on the artwork.

Magi definitely started out good, I'd even go so far as to say it was great for the first few hundred chapters. It went downhill fast though, right around the time of that extended flashback full of characters no one gave a shit about. It just never recovered is all.

Jojo's inconsistencies are part of its charm though and I'm not just making excuses. If they were detrimental to the story then David Pro would have retconned them but they didn't. The coffin thing and everything else adds extra wtf to a story thats already full of wtf. Especially when you take into account most of the inconsistencies were small details that didn't directly affect the storyline which Araki is great at presenting.

YYH, okay, I'll admit the mazoku thing came out of left field and there were lots of silly things going on in the final two arcs but I don't want to hear about objective quality when you have Shaman King on your list and its ending suffered from pretty much exactly what YYH's did.

>bored

The nigga was dying, you knave. His health had declined so badly by the time we got to this fight that I'm surprised we got even that much. Still better than some of HxH's panels though.

> Hunter x Hunter deserves to be disqualified solely on the artwork.

I didn't know this was still 2005-2006

It was health and boredom

He said so himself that did all he could with the characters by the time the CB arc concluded.

dragon quest dai no daiboken is one of the best classic battle shonen

>objective quality
oh my god fuck off

Do you realize you're totally subjective? What problem has the flashback? What are the problems behind the flashback? There are no objective defects, zero. I do not understand who does not accept the quality of the Magi, has a divinely written script and well-characterized and deeply psychologically characters, as well as very mature tematics compared to other shonen and very beautiful, almost experimental drawings in some pages.

I agree. Is there any other battle shonen better than Magi currently being published? I see no one at the level of Magi. Surely it is one of the best shonen of recent years.

>HxH

NO.

Are memes all you have, user?

So yes, then

To be honest, if it means that we get more chapters of HxH, I couldn't care less about the artwork.

>

Where is ろくでなしBLUES?
Where is YYH?
Get some taste or kill yourself you fucking nigger.

We all know that the best shounen series is bleach

>>FMA
It's not a battle shonen. It's a steampunk action manga.

>>Magi
It's not a battle shonen. It's a fantasy manga of adventure and politics.

>Where is ろくでなしBLUES?
This.

Magi is garbage.

It's not such an amazing manga as you think. There are many similar ones, it has nothing unique.

>SK is garbage.

>Magi definitely started out good

It didn't. It started out generic, with boring characters I couldn't get invested in. The art isn't even good--the amount of sameface in the series could kill a man.

Now I'm sure of one thing. Those who do not have a certain cultural and historical level can in no way understand why Magi is incredible.

Thanks for pointing this out. FMA is definitely not a battle shounen. I don't know about Magi; I quit pretty early because it's fucking garbage.

>>generic
No.

>>The art isn't even good
No.

Oh god, one of these fags

I'm not going to defend the scribble pages (even though they've been fixed) but do people seriously believe that all of HxH is drawn that badly? At first I thought it was just memeing but 9 times out of 10 if you ask someone why they won't read the manga they always post the same 5-6 pages as a response.

>magitards
>>>/fujo/

Buddy, you can say whatever you want, but no matter how many times I read the fight between Goku and Vegeta, the excitement and the hype continue. I don't care if it's not as strategic as a HxH, or well written as a FMA, I just know that when I re-read I feel like a 10 year old again. It is a sensory experience that none of these titles you quoted can beat.

All quality is subjective

Gash Bell is, definitely. Or, at least, it's one of them.

>Those who do not have a certain cultural and historical level

Using pseudo-intellectual jargon is really not helping your case.

I've read plenty of comics in my time, battle shounen or otherwise, and Magi is nowhere near what I consider good. It started out with a tiny bit of promise, which was soon squandered on characters that bored the shit out of me and art that failed to impress. I tried so hard to like it, but I just couldn't.

>>FMA
>>well written
Seriously? The screenplay is full of absurd coincidences, too many forcing. I do not think so well written.

>no criticism at all for zatch bell

the way it should be

this is because no one ever read it

It's probably that these fags haven't even read it.
;_;
But it's the best.

That art isn't as good as you think it is. It's nothing I haven't seen before. I guess it reminds me a little of Hellboy, but reminding me that I could be reading Hellboy instead of a boring shounen manga isn't a sign of quality.

Strategy fights are overrated nowadays. People who always put reason over emotion are boring.

some dude last year dumped a volume a day until it was over and it was a pretty fun time

IThose pages are 5 to over a decade old and have long since been fixed.

It's either memsters or people with low attention spans acting as if this were 2005

eh
I don't think the weirder mid-2000s shounen like FMA, Soul Eater or Air Gear would really count as battle shounen
and if they do, then all three deserve their spots on the list of best
only if you pretend AIr Gear ended halfway through though

It is fun, but of all the works of the author, I prefer Doubutsu

I appreciate art because it is not anonymous. I appreciate the characters because they are very well characterized psychologically. I appreciate writing because it does not contain any errors. I appreciate historical and literary references. What can be said to be a fault in Magi? Nothing. You may not like it, but it does not have serious defects.

The fight against the saiyans actually had a lot of great character moments, no bullshit power-ups and great choreography.

Ushio & Tora is shit. I feel sorry for it, but I was really disappointed.

It's not bad, but I prefer Gash.
Just slightly different tastes.

You are unfair. I do not speak western comics. Let me see you another shonen manga with the same graphic experimentation of Magi.

So...Magi?

>it does not contain any errors

Pffff.

No but really, you're putting it on a pedestal with no foundation. What the fuck is art that's "not anonymous"? It's good just because it has literary references? Is Family Guy a masterpiece, then? Plenty of references there.

Also that page you posted really isn't helping your argument about the art being good. See that face in the top left? Everyone in the manga makes that same damn face. The. Same. Damn. Face. I legitimately can't tell who that character is meant to be.

Gashbell is one of the most overrated manga ever. It's a shit. A manga that can not be taken seriously.

I want to be ravaged by Alibaba

A couple things I dislike about Magi:

1- The fights are pretty weak. They don't matter much because Magi's strengths lie elsewhere, but I still have to say that they are not impressive or particularly entertaining most of the time.
2- The series really lost its original feeling. The moment Alma Torran was introduced, magic and Rukh stopped being these mystical, fantastical things and became a science instead. This was purely intentional, it's hard to say it's an actual flaw, but a lot of people were turned off starting from this point because this simply made Magi lose points in pure entertainment value.

Having said that, I love Magi. I love how debating is more important than fighting. I love how the characters and setting do more than just war and fight. I love how everyone legitimately has good arguments, heroes or villains.

Literally nobody knows about Gash Bell, except the hundred Anons who read the dump.
It's not overrated.

Love how it embraces the generic battle shonen cliches and executes them with such heart instead of trying to go the "I ain't like other battle shonens" route.
I usually fucking hate the "power of friendship asspull power up" trope but god damn I can not complain about the final Clear fight at all.

>being this autistic

I did not mean drawing style, idiot. I was referring to the direction and pagination of the pages, which are not trivial.

Can we all agree that Shaman King is the worst one out of the six ?

>A manga that can not be taken seriously.
I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say here.

And it also had tons of strategy. And great characters. And good powers. And a good story(Except Clear). And great humor.
Overall, 9.5/10, my favorite of all time(Though some other really good, non-shounen, series give it a run for its money).
Great stuff.

no

Togashi is the only good shonen author.

there's a world of fun through decision making, most people sadly haven't experienced it yet.

Magi is the worst one.

I get what you mean, the paneling. I won't argue that has above average paneling. But I just don't think the whole package can compare to truly great examples of shounen manga. I'm considering not just the composition of the page, but the art as a whole, and I'm just not that impressed with Magi.

1) Fights are not the center of Magi. It is true that they are not all beautiful, but that of Alibaba VS Hakuryuu is surely amazing. Designed very well, pages in film sequence. However, the fighting is secondary, in Magi no enemy has been defeated by violence, not even one. All rivalries ended with communication. (Even FMA is terrible from the point of view of the fighting you, and yet for me it is an insignificant defect because it does not point to that, the same applies to Magi)
2) Alma Torran I consider it a masterpiece flashback. It has introduced incredible narrative possibilities. How did you lose the originality of Rukh? It's not true. It's not a science.

You know what? I might disagree with you, but I appreciate how much you obviously care about Magi. It's rare to find someone posting from their heart here.

Probably.

Yes.

to add to what I said here, caring about good decision making enough to understand the possibilities the characters can do, can enrich one's appreciation for a manga/anime through some mindblowing/insane/intense moments, that would likely be overlooked by the average reader/watcher. Reason can increase the tension in given moments.

When will David come back?

>The Gash Bell Storytime

God that was so fun going through that with everybody. From the reactions to Bao to Parco Folgore shit was probably the comfiest storytime I went through here. Kinda wish someone would do it again.

FMA=MAGI>>>HxH=Gashbell>>>U$T>>>>>SK

Holy shit no. No this is wrong as fuck.

could someone make a tierlist with those, regarding strategy? (intelligence gathering, adaptability, etc.)

I definitely want to do it, myself, in a few years.
Wasn't there a download for, like, 800 reaction images?

>>Everyone in the manga makes that same damn face.

FMA was good until the second half.
Magi is irredeemable garbage since somewhere circa chapter 100.
Gash Bell is almost perfect for shonen standards and HxH is a wild ride.

I know I made a few although I only have one left after my old computer crashed. I also had the 5 kanchome choreography moment saved as well. It was amazing how characters who were so dumb could make you feel so fucking hype.

>>Magi is irredeemable garbage since somewhere circa chapter 100
Maybe you meant that you did not like it. Because I have not seen writing defects in the last 100 chapters.

>>Gash Bell is almost perfect for shonen standards
Yes, but the standard shonen are shit. So it is not that different.

Gash > all

I was hoping you had the link.
I guess I'll look through the archives.
Boy, he sure drew good reactions, huh?
Agreed.