Cool characters no one talks about

Still my favorite jobber

It's hard to think someone's cool when you just feel terrible for them. Friendly reminder that he will sail the stars and discover galaxies unknown for eternity, but will never get the one thing he truly wants.

his plan backfired that's why

His dream was the best part of TTGL

off all the stupid asspulls in TTGL - why couldnt viral deleop spiral power ala self circular logic

>uses willpower to develop spiral power
>uses spiral power to use willpower

or at least give him a waifu dammit

He already has one. Even in death, you do not abandon your waifu.

Do you think he really got over it when he learned it was just a dream? Or do you think he just came to terms with the fact that it'll never be?

Because he's a jobber. That's his job. To job. He does it very well.

Sorry, I do not respect your autistic wrestling terminology. You normie weebs need to slither out

Okay, I admit it. I cried like a little bitch when they showed him dreaming about having a family, it was the saddest part in the anime. Also best boy

I guess he probably got talked about back during his day. But still, he's always been my favorite.

He looked at heaven and turned from it because he still had a job to do. I swear I didn't make that pun on purpose

>normie weebs
>thinks jobber is exclusive to wrestling
Way to shoot yourself in the foot. Leave with him.

That's a wrestling term? How do you know that? I haven't watched the WWF since I was 5. Okay, let's put it into narrative terms. Viral couldn't have anything nice because his role in the story was, partially, to make us feel the reality that spiral power comes at a cost of trampling on nearby life, that growth of the self means coming into conflict and doing harm with other beings. He had to lose, and hard, to make the anti-spiral message have any weight. Therefore, his role as a character was always going to be to lose. He does it quite effectively. It must be awful being so uptight that you can't accept new words.

>create a jobber
>make him immortal
Viral is one cool catshark

VI
RA
U

To be honest i don't remember the show that well but Viral was always my favourite.
I love the way his big hands look

he is literally the only thing i remember about that show, loved how ragged he looked post prison, cried like a baby during his dream sequence. best boy, s tier husbando.

>I love the way his big hands look
You are gay

Not that guy tho I agree with him, but yes
Yes I am

Why can't he just get a waifu and adopt?

Best MC ever.

i think the point of that scene was for the characters to realise the difference between dreams and fantasies. so he had to get over it in order to wake up.

Felt pretty bad for this guy before he went psycho.

Reading his Gaiden made me feel even worse for him.

He'll be okay. He's tough.

He had a cool set up but jobbed into irrelevancy. God forbid we had ONE competent character be able to take on Simon.

Succeeding Kamina as pilot of Gurren is cooler.

He'll watch all the people he really loved die out in like a century and then become an ancient patriarch of a family that neither really knows nor cares about him. Would you want a fate like that?

We rarely have character discussions, couldn't you have just said "Cool characters" instead of trying to be contrarian

very much this.
Every character had to address that they can't live life in fantasy, because life isn't about what THEY want.

This scene always confused me. The Spiral King explains that beastmen can't reproduce or produce spiral energy. It should have been impossible for him to get trapped in the labyrinth, and more impossible for him to have a family in the labyrinth.

He produces spiral power anyway because muh spiral power

Did nobody pay attention to the show or what? Rewatch the dream scene again, make note of how to flies off with the others and compare his energy ball to the rest of the flying balls of light when they take off.

Literally Link

Simon infected him with Spiral Power like he did with Nia and Buta.

MUH HEADS

Do you ever think about what those hands would feel like inside of you?