Can someone explain why you like this?

Can someone explain why you like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IjhkREEQIHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cLalr_UNX8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FdzPB0Zg0uY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a realistic depiction of life as a Japanese high school girl.

The 2nd coming of Azumanga Daioh but from the studio that brought you Haruhi.

What's not to like?

It was funny in 2007 when we all were 12.

Funny but nobody that young is on Sup Forums.

I was 14 back then and I only lurked until 2010 when I made my first post.

I don't. It's fucking shit.

Konata has that blue hair and green eyes, why not liking her?

>nobody that young is on Sup Forums
This is false regardless of what age you're talking about.

I'm talking about the show in it's entirety, not just Konata.

cute and funny

i love konata

Lucky Star was one of the series that made me an anime fan

this desu

fuckin newfags

This.
She became my waifu without even knowing the concept of waifuism.

>Can someone explain why you like this?
It features Konata

because konata and the brown haired tomboy are cute

Oh gawd, I'm having flashbacks.
Somebody post another Umaru / Hestia / Chaika shit thread to wash the stench off Sup Forums.

I liked Seinfeld.
I liked this.
Now both are nostalgic, and therefore untaintable.

The 1st episode almost made me drop it.

After that, it's a good series.

I want to tie up Kagami and do lewd things to her.

i liked azumanga, then discovered lucky star from an animation on newgrounds about a suicide tutorial show. like clockwork really, but AD aged better for some reason.

How? You have to be an anime fan to get half the references

Doesn't this demonstrate the quality of Lucky Star? In that even people who don't get the references find it enjoyable, yet Sup Forums likes to pretend it's bad.

Why are there so many Futanari konata doujins?

I'm not the only one that had a particularly memorable pre-pubescent fap to this pic did am I?

Because at the time I watched it, I was a retarded 13 year old who thought anything was entertaining. At that point, I also still thought youtube was the only place where I could watch anime and there were pleople in the comment section who explained a bunch of the references for us dipshits

This thread needs more eyes

Things like this
youtu.be/IjhkREEQIHQ
an many of the Otaku related references thrown into the show. References that predate my existence interest me.

It's anime version of TBBT

>haha funny reference lmao

One of my first memories of "lolicon"

Lucky Star my waifu as well.

It was comfy and I liked the dub. Was easy to watch while doing other stuff.

>Summer was 10 years ago
Where does the time go?

It hit deep

because
youtube.com/watch?v=cLalr_UNX8Y

>Funny but nobody that young is on Sup Forums.
haha yeah, r-right guys..?

SPARKING!

Every day until you turn pure.

Kagamin is very cute

I love Konata

Is it time yet?

Aya Hirano.

>Aya Hirano

Ugh, please don't remind me.

If you don't enjoy Japanese schoolgirls chimping out about baked confectioneries, your brain might as well be baked to a crisp. Maybe you haven't watched enough anime to appreciate the quality references throughout LS but any intelligent life can understand the soothing melodies of Konata's voice as she bangs out Cha-la Head-Cha-la from one eardrum to the next. This is why Japan needs to do your thinking for you like Zuckerberg would, otherwise the thought police lording over the brain cells you're burning as fuel are going to incite brutality in your skull. While I've made out scot-free after leaving a slam dump in my neighbor's exterior decor, your shit taste should be reason for imprisonment. I advise you either take copious amounts of hard drugs or the lead pill because either one is going to lead you to the enblightenment you need to savor the chocolate cornet-like texture of the Lucky Star series. Take a vacation to Brazil and don't come back until your rhythmic grunting and low guttural sounds can produce a sound other than whining.

I dont like that shit, Konata is Naruto tier between otakus.

I still haven't made it past the first episode.

DUDE CORNETS LOL

Anyone who doesnt like Konata should be brutally assaulted.

Why hasn't anyone in this thread mentioned Minoru Shiraishi? He was the best part of the series.

t. The Bass Player

Go back to Sup Forums.

>Food for thought
This exactly why I stopped watching after the first episode.

I really cant see the appeal

You're literally too dumb for a moeshit show.

I was 8 in 2007, grandpa.

too young please leave

>but AD aged better for some reason.
Probably because most of its humor wasn't dependent on memes and references that were dated a few months after the show came out

>tfw he has facial paralysis now

Did her dad wanna fuck her?

Hits all the tropes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a fun and balanced SoL. Having an otaku as the MC is slightly pandering, but all the references are fun. Moreso, unless you dislike the genre, what isn't to like; I rewatched it not too long ago, and it's more enjoyable than most airing anime.

I bought the first manga and I have no clue. It's not funny, it's not cleaver, it doesn't follow a story whatsoever (so also no char. development), the characters are completely inexchangeble,
Just 3 panel comic strips where pretty much nothing happens. Not even a shitty joke or punchline. Come to think of it, it's pretty much like garfield. But at least that comic tries to make a joke

At the time, Slice of Life anime, particularly "moeblob" artsyles, weren't as exceeding abundant. We had shows like Azumanga Daioh and Minami-ke, but others were too humdrum or "natural". Lucky Star played on this fact by poking fun at the market by making parody reference after parody reference, having an overly-exuberant OP and bright and simplistic artstyle. The was no plot, of which even more minimalist than the average slice of life. It was the genuine mundanity of it though that was fun. Also, the girls were cute.

It was simple, different and fun. It was a more innocent time, but its success could most possibly be to include blame for moeblob artstyles now.

It definitely was a gateway anime at the time as well, as our pickings were slim here in the West. I remember picking it up in 2011 during my senior year of highschool though, watching it on YouTube in English. Thankfully I've evolved from such barbarism these days.

How much toilet paper do you use after taking a dump?

Man I fucking hate slice of life
Why watch anime where nothing happens? Might as well go outside to live my own boring ass life. Don't we watch anime to see stuff more exciting than real life??

I tried watching very well recieved slice of life anime, like K-ON but I can't keep watching more than 3 eps because I'm bored out of my mind.

SoL is nothing like real life it's why people watch it.

Cute anime girls doing cute things is kinda OK to me
any lewd thing at all

It's funny and cute

Like the other user said, it's because it's nothing like our natural lives that makes it so interesting. More importantly, folks like myself had a jaded upbringing and didn't thoroughly enjoy growing up, if at all, and some of us have a long way to go before we're even to properly do so. To immerse ourselves in something so simple, to forget the problems in our lives and watch some cute girls doing cute things with little care in the world (or to know that everything will turn out daijobu) is a sense of security we admire it.

We're all here on Sup Forums because we're all fucked in some way or another, but if we're able to soak ourselves into something so inane and pointless as talking about anime or shitposting, that's time we've forgotten about for the real world and have actually managed to help us smile.

Somewhat cute adults doing adult and somewhat cute things should be the new standard.

I'm actually quite normal. Maybe that's it.

I watched this for the first time last year when I was 27 and I loved it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FdzPB0Zg0uY

It was the Big Brother of Anime along with Haruhi, called "slice of life" instead of "freakish mundane human experiment". I never got the phenomenon mainly because I never got reality TV.

I am also dissapointed that it had a fanbase.
I thought nerds were better in their media consumption habits than the great unwashed. Turns out people like eating dogshit.

Anyone who liked it is beyond help. There are certain lows even little kids know better than to stoop to.

You are honestly too retarded to be allowed to live. Please stop being alive.

Just skip to 5.

NORMALFAGS REEEEEEEEE

A lot of us can function and interact normally, I don't doubt that. But do you really have nothing that bothers you? Do you not have something that helps keep you going every day? What would bring you to Sup Forums, and Sup Forums, of all places if you were perfectly normal?

Maybe one day we'll stop watching these kinds of shows. I have no idea. I haven't watched a Slice of Life that wasn't drama for some time now - as I've gotten older, its appealed to me less. I wonder if I can enjoy it like I used to, in the same capacity.

Well sad user, well said.

*gifts you reddit gold*

The cancer that killed anime

>mfw I was already wasting my life on Sup Forums when you were 8

Well I have had very depressed phases in life. Had some really tough things to deal with. But I cope with that by watching exciting anime. Hunter x Hunter was my first real anime when I was about 14 and dealing with some real shit and I could completely identify with the main character(s). They were (still are) heroes. Reminded me to keep my head up and deal with it.

Watching kawaii anime girls doing dumb shit doesn't do it. I have to identify with the characters at least. Even if there are no interesting characters, an interesting story could get my mind of stuff. Even good comedy can. But the slice of life series I've seen have none of that.

>2007 was 10 years ago

We're of the same rainbow then, user, but of different colors.

I'm happy to waste time together here with you.

I was at a much happier place in life when i first watched it.

To be honest after a few episode I was only watching it for Lucky Channel