Why do people pretend not to like Evangelion?

Why do people pretend not to like Evangelion?

1. Cognitive Dissonance is one hell of a drug

2. Some people can legitimately not relate to anyone in Eva and do not enjoy such depressing tones so early on in a show

I don't watch mecha and havent seen one in a while now

I also heard this film is a deconstruction of the genre.. So I don't know if Im going to be able to understand it when I watch it now

Because of people like you.

1. Because of neckbeard fedoras like you who spend all day hyping it up to be something its not

2. It's about as well written as a Kojima game

3. Its needlessly edgy and depressing for no reason as there is zero character development

4. The director used christian symbolism "because it looked cool" yet all the autistic fans think its supposed to be "deep"

5. The ending of the show was perhaps the worst in anime history, they literally resorted to notepad animation, yet neckbeards insist its the greatest anime of all time

TL;DR Evangelion is the "Conceptual Modern Art" of the anime world and its fans are just as insufferable.
But hey thats just my opinion.

I disagree however I will be saving your reaction picture

>The ending of the show was perhaps the worst in anime history, they literally resorted to notepad animation, yet neckbeards insist its the greatest anime of all time

>157345898
this is obvious bait, don't even (you) it.

Case in point
Insufferable modern art critics

>modern art critics
What defines modern anymore user

>The ending of the show was perhaps the worst in anime history, they literally resorted to notepad animation, yet neckbeards insist its the greatest anime of all time
The abstract ending (mostly because of budget contraints) doesn't stop it from stomping almost every other anime.

Also End of Evangelion is the true ending

Eva is shit. Nobody has to pretend not to like it.

>the abstract ending

The shit ending*

>You need to watch a separate movie to truly enjoy it

Aside from this being a bullshit copout, the movie wasn't much better. Animation wise it was great, story wise it had as much substance as my morning shit.
First half was great, then 12 year old tits, boy cum and pedophile Cake for no reason, and whatever the hell that ending was supposed to be.

We dont have to like the same things
Just answering OPs question of why I hate it

Pretty much this.
I'd wager a lot of them expect one thing and get something else.

>But hey thats just my opinion.
way to ruin a good post

Well the show itself is more the deconstruction followed by the actual ending of the show, End of Evangelion, which was made into a movie do to budget issues at the end of the production of the original show and because the content of it was too violent for television.

And as stated quite often in these threads; it's not so much a mecha anime as much as it is a character drama with character arcs.

>Well the show itself is more the deconstruction

Probably could have worded it better. I was assuming he meant the rebuilds. I still count EoE as part of the original series.

I always wondered why so many people try so hard to paint it as a masterpiece.

Sure, it was influential, and sure, it probably saved anime as a whole. Neither of those a good show make.

Every character was garbage, being either a gross exaggeration of some mental disorder or a convoluted shitbag who's only driving force is "muh mom" or "muh ghost wife"
The story was just needlessly dark, pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo. All capped off with a rushed ending animated on notebook paper that was so bad they had to make EoE, which only replaced the angsty Shinji drawings with a gigantic Rei ex machina that didn't actually change the substance of the ending.

Furthermore, the only reason EVA is so acclaimed is because there's always copious amounts of retards like you willing to cling to the series like its the second coming and disregard all other opinions as bait.

_______________________________________________(you)______________________________________

I thought the anime was pretty boring, mostly because the pacing seemed to slow, but the manga is great, better ending too.

Whoever made this must really like the silver haired gayboi to put him on the poster three times. That's as much as his total minutes of screentime.

kowaru only deserves death

This isn't even criticism.
>muh fanbase
>it made me feel bad!!!
>the ending wasn't shiny like my video games
>muh symbolism (actually this is just shitting on the fanbase again)

Its pretty interesting when people start arguing over which mentally fucked up girl is best and as a wife. Evangelion and Anno fans are about as bad as Nintendo fan boys.

>you have to be an anno fan to like EVA
>you have to be a waifufag and want to fuck them and think they are pure to like EVA
sausage user-koon

I'm pretty sure people like you are a minority, just look at all the art and doujins of the three girls. They don't see Asuka, Rei and Misato for their weaknesses. Just the fact they are cute.

Eva is good but not as deep as some faggots make it to be. Now fuck off.

>Eva is good

Because he's best boy

>Because of neckbeard fedoras like you who spend all day hyping it up to be something its not
Fucking this, I watched it expecting this series to be 10/10 storytelling and it came nowhere close to the what Evafags made it out to be. Y'all niggas lied to me.

Some people need contrarianism in order to scrape together a modicum of self esteem

>The director used christian symbolism "because it looked cool" yet all the autistic fans think its supposed to be "deep"
Those don't contradict each other. They went with the kabbalic elements because they were cool but once they introduced them, they payed attention so they were consistent.

i like the memes , hate the fanbase , show was gpood 7/10

>it probably saved anime as a whole
stopped reading right there

They're expecting to be spoonfed everything.
What's you're favorite anime, user? I'm curious. This is so well written and composed.

I rike it
I like to make fun of it too.

So, the attempts at giving characters psychological issues were fine, it's mostly the shit ending and the gratuitous (and out of place as fuck) christian imagery that made the show overrated as fuck.

>shit ending
They ran out of money, pulling off what they ended up doing with EoE would be literally impossible so they had to pull an Ideon to get what they wanted.
>gratuitous (and out of place as fuck) christian imagery
Fuck off christfag, you're allowed to have an inspired aesthetic without making a theological statement.

>influental

Yeah it influenced peopled to make better anime