>which causes bitches left and right to go into heat for him
>because he's so strong
>but also so nice and modest
>because muh Japanese morals
>and he knows how to make mayo too
>which is the best thing ever
>sugoi
When will it end, Sup Forums?

When a new fad delivers all of the same wish-fulfillment highs in a new setting that's just as easy to write.

Protip: isekai isn't popular because people like it a lot. It's popular because it's really fucking easy to write. Like, really, really easy. Any amateur with some spare time can pump out 500 pages worth of isekai fiction where even 10 pages of a real story might stumble them. The amateur publishing market is consequently flooded with them, and since they're easy to write, they also pull in casual fans that find themselves inspired to create from other's work.

We only see about the top .01% of isekai that float to the top by popular recognition, get republished as an LN, then adapted as an anime. The fad is fueled by the ease of creating the subject material, sort of like the popularity of shitty chinese manufacturing.

Never.
Enjoy your stay.

When we get tired of the cute girls.

>a NEET
lost me there

What's the western equivalent of isekai then?

Another worthless thread by a phonefag.

Why do you watch what you don't like?
Do you get angry at all the romance anime as well, despite the fact that there is no one forcing you to watch them?

He didn't get run over.
Also Steal isn't cheating or OP.

Cop shows, probably.

Every shitsekai show is potentially a production slot that could've gone to something better instead.

Urban fantasy or post apocalyptic, probably.

No, it's an advertisement for an LN series. If your "something better" was promising to money lenders, they'd finance it as well. The amount of anime being produced per season has increased to an extraordinary degree.
Furthermore, isekai only make up a very small part of the total amount of anime being produced. You are being dramatic over nothing.

Name literally one anime that does this.
Note that I said anime and not web novel.

I think the pic was only a reaction image, user, and not an example. Kazuma only meets two things in that list.

>and he knows how to make mayo too
My sides. I watched the first season of SAO to see what the fuss was about and holy shit it was bad. Could not bring myself to watch the second season. How can that shit be so popular?
Konosuba on the other hand was hilarious. S3 when?

>every single dumb trope
>hilarious
Meh

You know, I notice that even though Konosuba tries to rag on every other dumb trope present in isekai there's a shocking lack of Japanese food wank, satirical or otherwise. Which is especially weird given how hedonistic Kazuma is.

I wouldn't know. For an equivalent, you'd be looking at some fanfiction template scenario so ubiquitous that anyone with a keyboard could write something for it. Probably some permutation of smut.

I should also point out that isekai being a big deal in Japan is part because otaku culture is very, very visually-oriented, but many fans don't really have the skills to contribute visually. A big, popular prose fad brings all the people with no other creative skills into the participatory nature of creating amateur content.

Comparable western subcultures already tend to be more prose-focused than visual, and there's a long historical context for that, but it also means that you're less likely to see a singular, dominating long-term fad like isekai.

>When will it end, Sup Forums?
Considering that the last two notable examples of this genre were parodies - probably soon.

Considering that we're getting theee of them next season - probably not.

But are they getting watched?
Remember when every other anime was a clone of Evangelion? That ended rather quick.

Procedural crime show with a 'case of the week' formula and very slight character development over the course of entire seasons.

Didn't Kadokawa just ban Isekaishitu from their next novel competition?

This isn't the first time it has happened. Most competitions ban isekai from these contests, and have for a while now.

I think it's because the author expanded on the worlds cuisine itself, usually for the typical isekai it's just western food before the MC comes in and introduces the wonders of soy sauce.

Crime shows, turn on TV and have a look there is tons of them with the same bland formulas and the difference between them is on the same level as isekais.

Police drama

>I think it's because the author expanded on the worlds cuisine itself, usually for the typical isekai it's just western food before the MC comes in and introduces the wonders of soy sauce.
More like the other Japanese have already introduced the world to the wonders of Japanese cuisine before Kazuma ever even arrived.

Explain to me Mayo.

Why do the Japanese love it so much they have to make it in their fiction?

Is there a decent anime police drama or crime show?

I had jap mayo once it was pretty nice.

Personally see no problems here.

Jap mayo is sweetened and has a fuckload of sugar. It doesn't taste anything like real mayo.

Some would say Detective Conan is decent.

Patlabor

>Crime shows
Except The Wire and Sopranos exist.

>Its sweetened and fuckload of sugar
>Doesn't taste anything like real mayo
>Nothing like real mayo.
Thanks for the explanation. Japs continue to have shit taste.

There's a context to it Jap mayo is basically western ketchup, and is used much the same way. It's 'the sweet thing' people with no culinary appreciation put on everything. Just like ketchup in the west, parents douse their kid's food with it to make them eat, so there's the association of someone putting tonnes of mayo on everything with being childish or having childish tastes. The cute anime girl dousing her rice in mayo is like the american neckbeard putting ketchup on his well-done steak.

It's a denigrating character detail because jap mayo is a 'low brow' condiment for kids and uncultured urbanites.

Is your definition of "real mayo" the one found in the US? Because it's very different from the original French one.

Are you seriously triggered by the word 'real' with regards to a shitty condiment?

Yes.

Chikyuu Tenseisha no Koroshikata

Why was this discontinued?
It was a great read

If you can care enough to call Japanese mayo "[unlike] real majo", then you should permit others to care enough to correct you on what real majo is.

Something vs zombie

>majo
*mayo
I need more sleep.

Post apocalyptic with a dash of either sci-fi or zombies or even your good old kawadodee&clones

>majo
Witches get stitches

>Ketchup
>Sweet
>Ketchup
>No culinary appreciation.
Are you implying Ketchup is sweet and a shit?

This. Fantasy people being amazed by nip mayo is telling the nip audience 'look how much more cultured and mature you are compared to these barbarians', and the japs love being racist.

To most people ketchup and soy sauce are two different things.

Quit bitching. You aren't old enough to remember, but LN fads were much worse 10 years ago.

Mayo originated in Spain not France, so get out of here loser. The US mayo is different from the original Spanish one.

Why the fuck are you fucks arguing about mayo and ketchup when both are sacrilegious to anything culinary.

Except isekai MC always use legit mayo recipes to create their mayo.

Of course you can just chalk that up to Narou authors having no fucking idea that their precious nip mayo is actually nowhere close to the real thing and automatically assuming that the first thing that comes up when they google mayo recipe will taste just like the stuff they buy at the konbini.

Nigga do you know how much high fructose corn syrup they put in that shit like come on.

Do you know nothing about google?
If a Japanese person googles mayo recipes, they will get recipes for Japanese mayo.

Aside from Hidan no Aria every one of those LN is better than 99% of the schlock that came after them.

Ketchup can describe many different things.

All of them are fundamentally different.
One is a fantasy isekai, another a shonen battle with power levels, One an romcom SoL, one is a gag manga.

>The amount of anime being produced per season has increased to an extraordinary degree.
This. I used to watch nearly everything that airs and before it was 7-10 shows at most. Now seasons are full of different shows and I'm not even able to check out every first episode now.

Mayo and Ketchup are some serious shit.

As long as we can agree Mustard is fucking shit we're all good.

>Flat and has a complex about it
So all Japanese women? Of course they're going to write about what they know.

tbf the first arc of SAO was decent

Kazuma didn't get run over by a truck though. He died of embarrassment from NOT getting ran over. And it was a tractor not a truck.

Recipes always tend towards being more faithful to the original than adjusting towards popular tastes.

Same thing would happen to an American googling pasta recipes.

>Zero no Tsukaima
That was a rather fun isekai,

Yeah, the intro episodes were pretty good. Then the actual plot started.

>Goes into shock and pisses himself
>Has heart attack in hospital and dies while the doctors and nurses laugh at him

I don't blame Aqua for laughing at his death.

Fuck no it ain't.
I started liking SAO after it went into notIsekai Alicization

might I also remember you and everyone else that this canonically happenes every night?

Liz episode was the best. Fuck Asuna

Even in games you can never get away from Asuna.

>I LOVE YOU
>HUH WHAT DID YOU SAY

>spoiler
But then it all went to shit after Admin bossfight.

So are most of the series people bitch about now.
SAO is largely a drama about a guy who plays video games, Konosuba is primarily a comedy, ReMonster is self insert wank, Log Horizon is macro management wanking, a bunch of other series are sol hijinks. Isekei is just a plot device, not the factor which decides the quality of the work.

I also watched it when I was underage and I thought it was the best thing ever. Just as the years passed I realized how horribly wrong I was the second part of season one was absolute shit even then though

So with Akasic Records selling well LN wise. I expect acktually there to be a Battle Harem where MC uses anti magical abilities to become the strongest.

>nice and modest
>strong
have we been watching the same anime? He's a huge dick to most of the chicks all the time and he isn't strong either

I don't think OP is talking about Konosuba specifically but to be fair most of the girls fall for Kazuma due to that tiny glimmer of kindness under all his dickassery.

He's also a pretty good fighter even if he isn't straight up strong.

>get isekaid
>in a fantasy world with your usual settings: guild, adventurers, demon lord, various races, could be medieval/semi advance with techno magic
>wonder why you have a tremendous amount of power and shit, get used to it
>never fall with any girls because you deem it pointless
>along the way you discovered that you are the demon lord
>your life become dismal and bland
>made a contract with some deity that you will kill your fellow demon lord in order to become human
>you become weaker every time you slain a demon lord
>you will never have a permanent party members because they keep dying in every demon lord encounter except you

OP is talking about isekai in general, not Konosuba which is an obvious parody.

He most likely did but the point of that post flew over your head.

OP only posted konosuba pic because the series specifically makes fun of the stereotypes that he has described

Name 3 (three) isekai that has all of this. Dumb phoneposter.

>along the way you discovered that you are the demon lord
>your life become dismal and bland
>made a contract with some deity that you will kill your fellow demon lord in order to become human
>you become weaker every time you slain a demon lord
>you will never have a permanent party members because they keep dying in every demon lord encounter except you
What kind of pansy moralfag are you? Just revel in that shit. Why piss it all away?

This, tbf. If I ever got isekai'd and became the demon lord instead of the hero, I'd roll with that shit gladly, in a heartbeat.

But mayonnaise is amazing
I feel you tho

Do japs mix those two?
In Russia some people here do this (we call it ketchunes) and I was always wondering how common it is for others.

I can name a bunch that do everything aside from truck-kun but the only one that does all of them I can name off the top of my head has is Seirei Gensouki.

I'm surprised there aren't more isekai about being the demon lord rather than a hero

It's called thousand island dressing senpai.

>SAO is largely a drama about a guy who plays video games
No user, SAO isn't isekai since it's VRMMO but it is still a self-insert wank.

Thanks

Mayo and Ketchup mixed together exist in the states user. We call it Fry Sauce.

Its good man.

Agreed. Though I suppose Overlord counts?
I only just finished watching that last night. Albest is so much better than Shittier it's unbelievable. Also, I really want to read ahead now.

desu, I think it's an idea with a lot of potential, but I worry that an anime will come along to try it out and ruin the idea by being a shitty isekai parody rather than playing it straight.

I'll just roll with it by resigning as a demon lord and going on a journey.

>i isn't popular because people like it a lot
This is wrong and you're not making much sense. It is the audience asking for it because they like it a lot. Especially since it managed to pull in people with different fulfilling needs and variety like Shoujo/otome reincarnation, Edge/revenge wank, Modern Technology wank and so on.
Simple demand and supply.

Is there an isekai where MC got betrayed by his party members whom he journeyed until the end?

Or when an MC got summoned, he murdered everyone because he is not going to be a little bitch accepting orders from random strangers?

You sound kind of edgy, my man. Take it easy, maybe?

>tbf
Fuck off.