What does Sup Forums think of TeamFourStar?

Personally I think they got too big for their own boots and it came crashing down around the Imperfect Cell episodes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ca3qvbdFSZk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVz7pmdvWE4
youtube.com/watch?v=BCftH2rDVzo
youtube.com/watch?v=4cLqQXUQiCM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the only way i've seen dbz arcs, anything past the andrioid saga, and some parts of cell arc i havent' seen.

Personally I think you have shit taste user. The recent episodes have been fucking top tier.

I don't care for DB. I wish they made more SnK.

Dbza went to shit after the namek saga

dropped it after cell made his appearance

They let their political views get way out of control
The whole Yajarobe and Korin gay romance was just the start.
And don't even get me started on Taka and his liberal dick sucking he does on Twitter
Then you got Lani playing games like DSP with two nobodies.
It's a fucking trainwreck

jesus my grammar..

Im kinda feeling the Humorous Dub over the in your face constant jokes of the Saiyan Saga. Frieza had a good balance and the beginning of the Android Saga was probably the best of the series.

Gotta admit I love this

youtube.com/watch?v=ca3qvbdFSZk

idk but i do think op needs to lurk a fuckton more before posting again

>Missing Perfect Cell and Goku's romance
I feel bad for you.

Unfunny E-Celebs

They're barely a parody at this point but they have higher production value than Super episodes it feels like. It's more of a comedic retelling now but that's not bad

Out of all the Abridged series ever created, it's probably the least worst. Most of the jokes land and the ones that don't aren't so bad that they make me cringe and close the video.

I'm not subscribed to them but I'll occasionally watch when they dub the movies. I saw they were doing Lets Play shit because that's what pays the bills and I figure I'm not missing much when it comes to that stuff.

Back to Sup Forums niggerfaggot

This to some degree.

I don't know what is this but isn't that breaking copyright?

We already had a thread last week after the new episode release.
The overall opinion is that it stopped being an abridged somewhere in the way and now is just a fan sub with a few tweaks on the characters

Honestly, I'd argue it's not entirely TFS's fault here- The anime itself was sorely lacking during the Cell Saga in many areas. Even the Kai redo couldn't fix many of the fundamental flaws, so what Kaiser and crew are trying to do is admirable, even if they don't entirely succeed. That and their over-reliance of memes and forcing down certain jokes is tiresome.

I'm not familiar with their non-DBZA stuff, so I don't follow their other material/drama outside the series, but I think has a better grasp at it than I do.

It was fun when they dont repeat the same joke all over again, you better move on too

The SAO parody by Something Witty is actually pretty funny. they turned a rather shit series into something entertaining.

It's okay, I like those mini crossovers they did a short while back. Cell playing card games with the Pharaoh was great.

The Attack on Titan Abridged was great.

"I'll Bertell you what I Bertold him".

>Can easily maintain AoT abridge alive on their shitty own website or places like vimeo.
>Dont do it because they wont have muh youtube bucks.
Bunch of shitty jews

I'm not sure what we'll get to see first:

Neon Genesis 3.0 + 1.0

OR

TFS dub of the Buu Saga

Remember to report. Don't be lazy.

I say their abridged series are actual abridged series and not just lolsorandom skits like the other "abridged series"

their cell saga is shit because the cell saga is shit

Why would anyone watch this shit

Evangelion 4.44 or end of all TFS abridging including Super/GT/OG Dragonball?

I've heard terrible things about KaiserNeko.

Can someone elaborate?

>watching abridged anime
Underage b8

They don't make any money from youtube ads. They were personally told not to make more of AoT abridged by funimation themselves.
Yajirobe and Korin was too much for you? What? And the problem was that they were gay? Not that Korin is an extremely old anthropomorphic cat? Dear God, it's a decent joke.
Taka's twitter has nothing to do with DBZA.
Lani's LPs have nothing to do with DBZA.
I think they're just fine, their fans shirting every db videos with "references" and LOL GOKU SUCKS, PICCOLO IS REAL DAD LOLOLOLOL, is the worst shit. The videos are themselves fine fine enough, their videos have occasional very good
jokes, and some that fall flat. If the fanbase could stop being so stupid, I'd like that. Oh, and another thing, when they refer something from supplementary materal which Super later uses, and then the "fans" start saying stuff like Toei copied TFS. Seriously.

He's a gay furry, and he tends to get angry at people who criticise the release speed, especially if they say that's it's the gaming channels fault. Nothing too bad really.

The latest episode wasn't, y'know, amazing, but for the most part I think they've been in a high streak since Dr. Gero.

Last episode was a bit meh.
Hercule was played too straight and that "we are number one" was WAAAAY too late to the party. Not to mention that that's gonna date the episode pretty badly what with being an old and passed meme before the episode even dropped.

AND they have the balls to sell a shirt on a dated meme. Like they already decided what joke you should find funny. That's just stupid.

But overall they usually at least get a chuckle out of me. Even the latest episode, lackluster as it was had its moment or two.

I think fandubbers and e-celebs don't belong on Sup Forums, that's what I think. Fuck off.

Danganronpa abridged is the only good one

57 was anus. 58 was top tier.

27-28 were the best episodes, after that the series went to shit.

>They let their political views get way out of control
Oh, you precious snowflake.

The Cell saga is inferior to the Freeza one, so this would obviously be reflected on DBZA. However TFS made some big mistakes of their own in this arc like the slow pacing and Mr Satan and Perfect Cell being too close to the originals.
The Broly movie proved that DBZA works better when the characters have a new personality instead of just being comedic version of themselves

their "jokes" all fall flat now. The only time theyre funny is when theyre ripping on dbz, but most of their jokes are some unrelated humor or sjw thing .

I feel like the people who think the newer stuff is worse than season 1 didn't like them to begin with. Season 1 is very heavy on wackier internet humor or on the nose obvious jokes that are just there with no punchline.
>Wouldn't it be funny is Nappa and Vegeta treated Chioatzu like a Pokemon?
But there's no real payoff to the joke here, it's just something they played up as funny when it's more just out of nowhere. The Namek saga onwards is way better. There's still some places where they try too hard but I still find them enjoyable to this day.

Only watched like one episode. Didn't like how they're just basically re-dubbing the show with hardly anything different in the dialogue. I prefer weeklytubeshow with nigga piccolo, or even better, this 6 part masterpiece:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVz7pmdvWE4

The entire Freeza saga was was just the characters being comedic versions of themselves and in my opinion that was the funniest season so far, that style clearly worked better instead of reanimating entire scenes in order to make interspecies homosexual jokes.

not as funny compared to YGOTAS

>YGOTAS
Is that still a thing? I dropped it around episode 40.

No one thinks its worse than season 1. People are generally comparing the 30 eps of cell to the 20 eps of frieza which was much stronger on the whole.

Only fags care about fanbases. It's a non issue, so easy to avoid.

>Its another 4-5 years till they finish the second season.

Eh, I don't really think it's making a political statement as much as it's just acknowledging the fact that DBZ is in large parts actually pretty damn gay.

at least watch
>DRAW MOSTA CARDO

youtube.com/watch?v=BCftH2rDVzo

>Hercule

>They let their political views get way out of control

This to some extent, I guess. It's mostly their tumblr'esk garbage that puts me off them.

nah season 1 is better than this shit. theres just no more in your face humor anymore, and when they try to do it, you get shit like you are number one a year late.

They're LP videos were great when they were doing them as the characters but now are shit since they no longer play as the characters.

triggered trumpfag

Remember when people used to make videos and shows for fun and didn't force their political views into them? Yeah me neither.

Abridge Series are cancer. They are literally only for 14 year olds.

It's awful now.

Make a separate channel and funnel your thoughts about politics there. I came to be entertained, not to hear pointless meadering about the hot news of the week.

unfunny SJWs

>Dbza went to shit after the namek saga
The Namek Saga was the first good saga. The Saiyan saga was trash

They're trying way too hard and it has become too much of a fan dub rather than an actual abridgement of a series. If I wanna rewatch DBZ in a truncated form I'll just do it by watching DBKai.

I remember when people did parodies for fun and didn't try to monetize them, then ask for donations on top of disabling ad-block to help keep them "employed".

They're effectively abusing their DBZA status to make money by using it to promote other shit.
It's just a golden goose at this point.

"From the creators of DBZ abridged and other shit of theirs you don't watch, comes XYZ"

Does not belong here, fuck off.

Their snk pilot was probably the last thing they did that got a laugh out of me. Shame that it got C&D'd.
The DB stuff started getting played out a while ago. There's only so many times you can make the same jokes before they get really stale.

I like DBA still, it's funny. They are horrible at time management though, and I really wish that they would focus more on DBA. Aren't the main cast living close to eachother now? It used to be that they're slow because they're spread around the country..

Easily the worst part of YGOTAS recently.
>Hey, let's take a meme the show spawned and ruin it by having people who don't speak Japanese ruin it by mangling the dialogue.

>Japan used Amtrak Phase IV paint and American engines as inspiration for designing their train in this show
>vs using their own superior trains

What did they mean by this?

Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Satan so far is a total disappointment?

They're trying real hard to make him like the show original but he's just not fucking funny or charismatic at all. I think they really fucked up by not daring to take him a little more outside the box. As it stands he's really just a lesser Recoome

>As it stands he's really just a lesser Recoome
Spot on.

It adds to the feeling that they aren't really trying anymore.

Also they're becoming really fucking over-reliant on sex puns. It used to be just Zarbon's shtick but now Krillin, Cell, Goku, Roshi, and others have been pushing them out for what feels like non-stop since 'Pounding Tuna'

There's like 4 different AOT Abridged series. The only difference is that TFS would try to make money off it.

Hey cunts, you aren't the mods. We have threads on E-celebs here every now and again and no one's getting hurt. How about you fuck off?

>The following is a non-actually fuck that, we want your money.
It's clear they only care about being wanna-be "voice actors" now.

I'm glad they're the only abridging group left that gets paid full-time to do this and actually continues their series. I can't recall any other abridged series, other than LK himself, that matches them, so it means this online trend is going to die with them when they inevitably lose popularity.

For future reference, it's spelled "esque". You're welcome.

they've kinda left the "wannabe" status when they got work at Funimation and Chris Sabat did some lines in one of their shows.

Holy fuck are abridged series really still a thing? I always found them pretty unfunny, the kind of thing people quote at each other at conventions and shit.

I stopped watching after the Frieza arc when they started doing full length episodes with minimal joke content. At this point they're not even really an "abridged" series

>I wish they made more SnK.
They legally can't. They got hit with a cease and desist order not long after releasing the first episode.

You're such a little bitch. Yajirobe being gay relationship is done so mockingly. If anything an actual gay person would be offended by how fucking over the top they are.

Fucking cuck. The whites will die out in the next century get over it.

Why hasn't Toei done the same with TFS directly ripping their DBZ content for their videos?

>The whites will die out in the next century get over it.
Define "whites". Does that include Slavs? Andalusians? Greeks? Armenians? Non-Slavic peoples of the Balkans?

>Holy fuck are abridged series really still a thing?
Not really. I think it's mostly limited to LittleKuriboh releasing a new YGTAS every six months or so and Team Four Star. I still love the first two seasons of YGTAS admittedly, but every other abridged anime is shit.

>wannabe voice actors
>wannabe voice actors who have legit voice acting credits
>While you sit on your ass calling them "wannabe's"

Fair Use. And it's different enough to be warranted as fanart, I guess.

Outside of Team Four Star, Something Witty Entertainment, and Little Kuriboh, whose majority content isn't even about abridging anymore, literally no other group or person has a career in this. It's a niche community and literally less than a handful are popular enough to make a living off it.

The only good abridged series are Code MENT and None Piece.

>Wannabe Voice Actors
youtube.com/watch?v=4cLqQXUQiCM
As well as doing voices for the Xenoverse games

They did years back, but FUNimation came in and stuck up for them.

The truth of the matter is that Dragon Ball hadn't been that relevant for years, but DBZ Abridged was consistently getting high views in the late 00s. FUNimation knew this (and some were even fans of TFS DBZA), and most likely told Toei that Toei taking down TFS would hurt them in the long run because they were taking down what were essentially popular advertisements made for free for their products. Toei decided to leave things alone, TFS came back, continued to grow in popularity, and here we are today in another Dragon Ball renaissance. While TFS isn't the big reason Dragon Ball is as big as it currently is, they did a lot for it when it was struggling to keep afloat.

The situation is totally different with Attack on Titan. That's a series that doesn't need an abridging community to keep it popular. It's still pretty recent, and that first abridged episode came out long before an official English dub ever did. Like the narrator said at the end of the first season of DBZ Abridged: "Has anyone really not seen this show before?". Plenty of people still haven't seen Attack on Titan. There's not much to gain for any companies by letting TFS spoil the story for people who aren't even familiar with it yet. However, it would have been smart to let TFS do a second episode in the run-up to the second season to get people talking again.

>Triggered.

I still like their abridged series to a certain degree.

Reminder that one of the head writers for the series is KaiserNeko, a gay furry with a blue cat fursona. He personally wrote most of the Korrin/Yajirobe gay relationship jokes. Hell he even commented on having to play it safe with Professor Brief because he originally wanted to make a joke about seeing the results of feline and human aids coming together.

I like em.
Some of their episodes were kinda low-tier but I all around like them and they seem like decent people just doing what they enjoy. They've been abridging for a long time too, so i'm happy they got enough reputation to actually voice a few lines in Xenoverse and in an episode Kai.

I agree with that, leave that to certain characters, not someone like Goku
I think its because Lanipator and one or two others are giant wrestling fans, I guess it works with Hercule but honestly its just kind of stale

SnK is shit thou.

I like their Xenoverse LPs actually