Government shutting down means:

Government shutting down means:
-cops aren't paid anymore
-military are back home
-there are no laws anymore

what are we waiting for to start the day of the rope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vv3lI7Qmxzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You’re a dumbass.
Only parks are closed and no one gives a shit.
Trump should stop welfare instead for illegals.

Anarchist LARPing....

It's going to be total civil disorder.

Everyone should go out and commit crimes.

Are you 12? The lable 'shutdown' is only used to put more pressure on politicians. This is entirely political and has essentially no purpose or ramifications.

LE still present and working. This is an entirely political situation, nothing is actually happening

And it happened many times before and was about as exciting as gras growing.

>military are back home
Somehow I doubt deployed submariners are coming back home.

>Only parks are closed

How do you even close a park?

Hire thousands of police officers to guard the park and make sure nobody gets in?

Will dole money eventually get cancelled?

>ancap education

Cops aren't federal employees and the Military is exempted

Doesn't this happen every year?

Is everyone forgetting the government shutdown we had with king nigger? Absolutely nothing happened then, why is this time different?

Cops are local and state government and are not affected. It’s only the federal government.

More so all essential personnel continue to work. This really doesn’t affect much

Now we gonna get back Cuba an Philippines and there is nothing you Americans can do

btw: how does Sup Forums feel about Trump running a huge budget deficit during an economic boom?

The military is only paid through the end of the month. If this goes on for more than the next two weeks, no the military will not be paid

This has to be bait, no one can be this dumb

Trump is the most Libertarian president since Obama

Because it was resolved quickly. There’s a safety net of a few weeks, but if this isn’t taken care of fast there’s going to be trouble

About 580,000 federal employees are not on furlough, meaning they cannot report to work. My wife is a federal employee, so depending how long the shutdown lasts it could mean a delay in her paycheck, which would have a very real ramification on our family, believe you me.

I agree that there's no purpose to any of this. A shutdown indicates an abject lack of leadership and willingness to work together.

Ancap larper doesn't know how government works.
Imagine my shock.

Dems literally think this is how a govt shutdown works.

>Ancap
Kek'd. Couldn't read any more than that

My mom worked for the federal government before she retired, it just seems like since the majority of people don’t, or don’t know anybody that does and they’re not immediately and personally effected they don’t grasp how this is a serious problem. Like it could potentially ripple over and effect everyone if it goes on too long, but that aside, it has very real effects in both the short term for government workers, and the long term for the economy as a whole

This is so wrong I needed to reply with a 1/10

>Government shutting down means:
>-cops aren't paid anymore
only federal marshalls.
local and state police are paid by local and state taxes.
>military back home
kid, come on now.
>no laws
kid, come on now.

^now on furlough
Exactly right. It's been so frustrating listening to politicians talk about wanting to help the middle class, then forget that federal workers are themselves middle class, wage earners working to provide for American families by serving their country. My wife is a revenue officer, so she gets politically spat on practically everyday. It was surreal watching Trump (who I voted for, for what it's worth) say he wanted to create jobs, but then say he wanted to fire my wife.

What is this shutdown u all talking about? What happened, who did it, what are the effects of this, and for what reason?

This is a real dumb tactical move by the Democrats. No real pressure for DACA to get done now since it is two months away. Most people don't support it. Right around the time for primaries so there is a good chance current politicians will get primaried if they don't fix this.

>It was surreal watching Trump (who I voted for, for what it's worth) say he wanted to create jobs, but then say he wanted to fire my wife.
Lol wut?
Dude you literally voted for your wife to get fired. I mean I’m happy that you sound like you have concern now that his administration has personally had a negative effect on your life, but what in the world could you have been thinking voting for Trump if you have a wife employed by the federal government? Like you sound like those people that voted for Trump bc they hated “Obamacare” but still had their insurance through the ACA and didn’t know they were the same thing.

The rangers put a chain across the car entrance and go home for the week.
Last shutdown in 2013 I tool advantage and went drunk skeet shooting on the Appalachian trail

There is some artificial "maximum amount" the US government is allowed to borrow.

Every time the president wants to borrow more he has to ask congress to raise that amount.

The president always gets his money in the end.
But before they give it to him all the congressmen drop their pants and the president has to suck them off one by one.
Trump is taking a bit too long getting all the congressmen to ejaculate in his mouth, so he's running out of money before he gets his new money.
So now they cut expenses in the meantime by temporarily shutting down a few government agencies.

This happens to pretty much every president at least once.
Congressmen are old and have trouble getting it up.

Topkek you explained it in the best possible way.

During the last one, I was really hoping for some time off, paid or unpaid I didn't care, but never got it, and where I was at wasn't essential at all. Pretty much business as usual elsewhere too.
So yeah, they shut down public stuff like parks to make it sting the average folk, but essentially it's a whole lot of nothing.

This analogy really breaks down half way through, and really betrays your personal sexual fantasies.

Like it right in the middle it stops having anything to do with politics and is literally just about how you’re mad you can’t give old guys blowjobs

I'm stuck on the way home from last night. After the government shut down, roads disappeared, tell drumpf and his russian croneys to bring back the government.

What pisses me off is that they shut down the wrong agencies. Parks are ok but they let the whole bureaucracy come to a halt. Why don't they cancel welfare? Might make these lazy cunts consider that you can't rely on that shit to survive

Protip: it was a metaphor for congressmen wanting something and holding the president's budget hostage until they get what they want.

I absolutely love that this is the hill Democrats are choosing to die on. They're going into the midterms with this message telling people that they would rather shut the government down than lose some illegal immigrants. An issue that should be wholly separate from the budget.

>About 580,000 federal employees are not on furlough
You could fire more than half of them and absolutely nothing about the country would change.

>being a state worker
shows you right

You're right but the Republicans did the same shit to try and end Obamacare in 2013. Which although less retarded is still retarded. All of congress can go fuck themselves

HAHAHA!

nig ger

The difference with Republicans was that the cause was worth it. It was their last chance to get rid of Obamacare which was an unpopular program. Nobody supports keeping illegals here except some dumb coastals.

I’m in the National Guard and we’re still drilling

I didn't vote to get my wife fired. I voted for a non-interventionist foreign policy (lol, so much for that), a commitment to invest in American infrastructure, to chase the lobbyists out of DC, and to raise taxes on the hedge fund crowd.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty underwhelmed so far.

You sound like a young person. I'm 30. Voting is complicated and there are no perfect candidates. Trump wanted to shut down the agency my wife works for, so yeah that's a negative. But, he also campaigned on other issues that I found very appealing. You have to assess how likely you think some campaign promises are vs. others. My calculation was that the IRS wasn't going anywhere, so I was willing to take that risk in order to get the things I liked. This is politics in action.

It's unfortunate I didn't get the things I wanted, apart from some action against lobbyists, but the IRS hasn't been eliminated either, so there's that. In 3 years, I'll run the numbers and make another decision, like everyone will.

Obamacare is unpopular but that includes people who dislike it because they want a stronger health program. I agree that it needs to go but it was not worth halting the entire government over. And also you're right that the Democrats have an even worse reason now to shut it down

Ignorant.
>Fed=state
Ignorant.

Protip: you’re mad you can’t suck old dick

My buddy is in the army and my uncle works for the defense dep. Neither of them got paid for tge last shutdown. If you are living paycheck to paycheck for a department you can get an advance but the gov takes a loan to do so

Those pushing for Mass Illegal Aliens to occupy and control the Vote are the people that caused the #SchumerShutdown.

On twitter look up #Hivite that is taking off as more people catch on.

Ashkenazi gangsters is also another god description of what we are up against.

Republicans control:

>the house
>the senate
>the white house

and somehow it's the democrats fault.

God you people retarded, how many years into Trumps presidency does it need to be before you stop blaming Obama for shit he's doing.

>If you are living paycheck to paycheck for a department you can get an advance but the gov takes a loan to do so

literally the most jewish thing ive ever seen. americans really do like being goys

NO NONONONONO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??
I THOUGHT TRUMP WOULD MAGA
NOW THE WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US

Obama care/ACA isn't a good thing for many people. It makes small time businesses that have employees financially impractical while also being used as a tool to spread medical drug addiction across the country...

Parks aren't even getting shut down this time.

God damn you're response is fucking retarded. Go back to LeftyPol

Because it was the democrats that orchestrated the shut down for not being given what they want in having the nation over run by immigrants for their globalist donors. Republicans are pretty shit but Democrats are the greater evil.

>800K illegals with jobs and careers are “flooding” a nation that has 320 million people

To cut down a forest you need to start at a tree.

>You sound like a young person. I'm 30. Voting is complicated and there are no perfect candidates.
I’m 31, we could have gone to school together.
>he also campaigned on other issues that I found very appealing. You have to assess how likely you think some campaign promises are vs. others.
Like what? whyaminotsurprised.jpg You’re one of those “build the wall” idiots that keeps missing the point. You don’t understand the ramifications of anything until it LITERALLY happens to you personally. You voted for your wife to get fired and you’re complaining about it and you STILL don’t get it.

>ZOG bots aren't going to get paid this week
>thinks Sup Forums gives a shit
kys

Trump himself said the only person to blame for a government shutdown it's the president. The buck stops there. youtu.be/vv3lI7Qmxzw

> Like what?
He literally lays out a few key point of Trumps policies that he voted him for in the beginning of his comment you fucking imbecile.

We are still.working but we aren't getting paid. We are also pretty pissed and lots of folks calling in sick. So it's not 100%.

Military are expected to report for duty but aren't getting paid.

Cops are all local/state government so they're still around as usual. Federal cops like the FBI are also still being funded as vital.

Federal LEOs and military aren't getting paid atm

>-there are no laws anymore
Anime is becoming real.

Fucking KEK!!!!!!

Defend this trumpfags!!!!!

This is a fucking lie. I was in the military for the last one and nothing changed for us.

Federal LEOs are NOT still funded. We are working (those not calling in sick in protest). All training/travel/etc stops though because we are not funded.

wtf What state?

>Mulder and Scully called in sick
Never gonna find those X-Files now bros

It doesn't mean any of those things.

I have every trap, spike, and pit armed and ready for you to walk over. Make my day. Break in and enter you dumb asshole. Two legs enter, none shall leave.

shut it down

ICE will be affected