JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Movie

Am I the only one concerned about this at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4
jojocomparisons.github.io/jojo-diu-30/
youtube.com/watch?v=MUVukUuF9tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>3D
Why would I care?

The casting is actually pretty good, but I'm concerned that they won't be able to capture the feeling of JoJo.

I'm pretty excited to be honest since I love the anime adaptation series. Intrigue but to be fair I'm not going to expect much. Really a passive aggresive outlook for this live-action hmm.

How do you do fellow stand users?

I like Takashi Miike, so I'm not concerned.

Also, his Blade of the Immortal adaptation was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4

>skinny Jotaro

I think it looks good.

>Takashi Miike
Its fine, well, except for

Its gonna be shit and everyone knows it.

good writing?

The stand sequences will probably be good for a laugh.

who cares

Yes you are, and you shouldn't be. We all know it's gonna be shit, just like 99.9% of japanese live action shit.

Why would you be concerned about a movie that is destined to fail?

I'm saving judgement for when we see the Stands.

At least he has that tiddy

Are they skipping straight to Diamond is Unbreabable?

Apparently they're doing Part 4 first as a trilogy, then if that does well they'll go back and adapt previous parts

They haven't said anything like that.

Nope, it's gonna be trash.

They're doing 2-3 movies about part 4

Why would I be concerned? He has beautiful titties. It seems pretty accurate to me.

Is it safe to say that D4C acts more like a time-based stand that rewinds and fast forwards time and brings stand users from those alternative timelines to the present timeline?

I'm worried by the fact that we have yet to see what Stands look like.

no

That actually makes more sense than there being unequal alternate dimensions that don't have a corpse part. Also fits with the other antagonists having time-based stands.

Well, are you a stand user, user?

no

Is the guy who's playing him a hafu? He doesn't seem to resemble Jotaro enough, not in face or in body.

Impossible to find 2m tall bodybuilders to play the characters for part 1-3 in Japan

Hey, everybody! Comparison user here, bringing you the BD/TV comparison for DiU #30, The Cat Who Loved Yoshikage Kira! You can check it out here jojocomparisons.github.io/jojo-diu-30/ if you want!

Cheers!

Was just about to share this, great work senpai!
>All those retouched Kira's and they're removing the dent off of Killer Queen's forehead
Fucking awesome.
Do you by any chance have the next couple of BDs ready for comparisons? I remember the July 15th episodes looking pretty bad at some parts, cant wait to see what's been changed.

I've already got the bluray for the next three episodes, I've taken a look at the first one and it doesn't seem like they made too many redraws... We'll see in a few days! Thanks for the kind words, user! Have a great day

I honestly don't remember the first one looking too bad, though that might just be my bad memory. The 2nd and 3rd one with the 2nd half of the 4th one though had a lot of weird QUALITY, if they fixed that it'd be pretty great.
Hope you have a good day too man, what you're doing is really appreciated.

This actually makes a fuck ton of sense, holy shit.

They're fucking dead, what are you talking about?

Spooky rock/fruit/tree/Jesus magic.

>dead people can't do things in Jojo

What are (You) talking about?

>dead people doing things in JoJo
O

MY

What do those sheeps behind josuke mean? From where is this pic?

That was Araki's 2015 New Year card. It was the year of the sheep.

GRAFTED

What did he mean by this?

STAND

RUBBER

There aren't enough hafus in Japan's film industry, I'm afraid.

I think it's forshadowing that Araki will give Yasuho another haircut because he hates drawing braids. Might even cause Paisley Park to evolve and get a more versatile ability so we won't have to have every fight Yasuho is involved in being chase themed.

Despite Paisley Park having a conventionally sexy body, it having the exact same hair as Yasuho kinda kills it, don't you think? It's not the most threatening or elaborate looking stand design. Feels kinda plain compared to the other stands in the part, except for perhaps Hato's, which was really just a deus ex machina Araki pulled put of his ass because he couldn't figure out how to defeat the super strong melty man. So he just gave Hato the power of extendo heels.

> he hates drawing braids
Did Araki say it?

Thanks for the hard work as usual.
Like you noted, it's not like it received a huge makeover but I'm still glad they retouched Kira's face to decrease the overall derpiness.

>

Honestly he makes a pretty good Jotaro.

>this whole post
What?

Yasuho hasn't even had braids since 2012. You know who does though? Rai, who just showed up. Why would Araki hate braids and what does any of this have to do with bangs?

As for Hato she was obviously going to play a central role in that fight from the very beginning.

I actually do think he said in a JJL interview that he regretted Yasuho's more elaborate design elements, but I don't keep up with these things so I have no clue how true that is.

>but I'm concerned that they won't be able to capture the feeling of JoJo.

Looks like massive faggotry

Those are actually not the same people

Well the guy they casted as Jotaro still makes a pretty good Jotaro

Not quite. You're thinking of the volume 5 author blurb.

>There are some things I just kinda have fun drawing. Previously, I really enjoyed doing the character Polnareff's hairstyle, the original Josuke's hairstyle, Killer Queen's whole design, and Soft & Wet's ears. Those sort of drawings where you draw them up with a "swish swish", I go "Ooh!" from the impression it gives myself. This time, I have a lot of fun drawing Yasuho-chan's skirt and don't want to let anyone else draw it, but whenever I do draw it, I always think the flowers on the skirt have got to feel lumpy on her butt so she can't sit down. Are you okay, Yasuho? I'm a little worried.

Araki is cute.

Why the fuck does DP draw these pig's ears and this curve on forehead?

Who knows. Mostly they're 100% faithful, only occasionally they'll make some minor adjustments to Stands, like with SP and CD. But both of those actually look better imo. Maybe they thought they could also make KQ look better by making him more menacing, but then they changed their mind when it didn't work out.
Too bad they didn't just do it like the manga from the start.

>As for Hato
I think the simplest and easiest explanation for her is the age old classic "Araki forgot" and Damo's power level stopped making sense right after he turned SHA into goop.

I don't disagree with you, but I do think Araki got sidetracked from Hato while giving us all of this Gappy exposition for a half a year. I do think she was supposed to be crucial at the beginning, but after all of that and Araki demonstrating Damo's insane Vitamin C instant kill for three chapters, he probably forgot just WHAT Hato was supposed to do, so he improvised by giving Damo some weird, inexplicable stand range and outfitted Hato with a lame, yet effective, stand and gave it a lame title. My main evidence for this is that Walking Heart just barely references a song and it's highly unlikely Araki listens to such incredibly obscure music, so I think he half-assed a lot of Hato's role. She doesn't even get to be the one to kill Damo because Gappy makes an absurdly quick and miraculous recovery following his liver being ripped out (which makes no sense because that's what killed Kira) and follows Damo out into traffic to kill him in broad daylight, though you could argue that Gappy had to do that to expose Jobin, it still doesn't feel like Jobin was supposed to be a major villain and Araki only made him one out of convenience because of reasons like part 4, there hadn't been a main villain introduced and Gappy just murdered the leader of the fruit smugglers, so there's no more conflict.

Those are some big assumptions and they don't seem to have any actual reasoning behind them.

Kira was actually killed by the shrapnel in his head by the way.

Ya know what killed Kira was the metal he got in his head from the explosion right?

Alright Sup Forums whatever you say.

I thought you only updated on sundays

It seems like they're doing their own thing instead. I'm seeing none of that distinctive Jojo flamboyance in any aspect of the trailer.

Granted, we haven't seen any scenes involving stands yet.

I hope you go back and finish the Battle Tendency comparisons after you're done with DIU.

>Japan in charge of live action.
I've seen more professional middle school plays.

Personally Epitaph would be better as the Part 5 ED then Court of the Crimson King

you want hollywood in charge?

Kira was killed by the earthquake which reversed the Rokaka process.

Josefumi's body was being broken down to provide Kira with the replacement parts needed to keep him alive. The boat didn't completely kill him because Killer Queen was still beside him.

The earthquake sunk the both of them and the process went the other way for some reason, with Josefumi taking unnecessary parts from Kira, killing him and turning Josefumi into Gappy.

How would you react if they got a King Crimson Song for Part 5's ED

Nowhere did I imply that Hollywood is better (well they are). Neither of them can do JoJo well.

How would Hollywood do Jojo though?

They'd probably whitewash most of them and then arbitrarily change ethnicities, sexualities, and weights for a fake version of "representation"?

Well, there was an interesting american live-action film of Fist of the North Star.
youtube.com/watch?v=MUVukUuF9tw

Side note - i think One Time by King Crimson would make for a good ED

>2m tall bodybuilders to play the characters for part 1-3 in Japan
>in Japan
The two first parts have no Japs, though. And for part 3 you only need two.

>1:49
>tfw too intelligent to defeat Kenshiro

They aren't humans, they're rocks. It's entirely plausible their pieces gathered somewhere and if the right fellow came along and collected their little rock bits, couldn't they be merged using the fruit?

We know that most of Yotsuyu is lost at sea, and Aishou would have chunks that are crushed to bits. Combining them into a new entity would follow the theme of equivalent exchange in Jojolion.

Is the guy who played Kamen Rider Kabuto still acting? He was 6' and spoke flawless, accentless English.

(You)

>Aishou is a timid fuccboi desperately trying to contact Yotsuyu, Doppster
>Yotsuyu has Diavolo's triangles and eye lines and also took a kid's identity, Diavolo

? Everything he said is true.

I'm glad that they're splitting it up into multiple films and not trying to condense the whole thing into one film (like that Phantom Blood movie), but I'm concerned about what the stands will look like.

>whitewash
>arbitrarily change ethnicities
Which one is it?

What is he supposed to be right about?

>Aishou has a fucking sweater

>Those sort of drawings where you draw them up with a "swish swish", I go "Ooh!" from the impression it gives myself.
Damnit, why are the Japanese so weird?

>aishou probably got his weird /fa/ sense and the striped sweater from yotsuyu
Why the FUCK does he wear it around his neck and on his head though

Japanese people are a bunch of scrawny twinks, hell the only reason Jotaro and Josuke are buff is because both of them are half English.

Rock people are stupid

What's more, back then Araki could only draw men buff, unlike now. Maybe he didn't mean to make them look like that, they're just teenagers and their weight doesn't match their appearance.

It's going to be shit, we all know it's going to be shit , but at least we will get to see some dumb live action bullshit. The thing JoJo has going for it over most anime is that the characters themselves don't actually do most of the fighting. All they have to do is stand there and pose while the CG animators do the work.

>no hair hat
>3D

fuck that shit

Nen

With the new film, are we gonna see best boy Teru in 3d?

Furthermore, will Yukako ever get that lobotomy?

99% of the cast is made white.

Okuyasu is turned into a black best friend and "gangsta" stereotype. Same with Keicho.

Aya is turned into a mexican.

The rest would be white. I figured the others would be changed to fit other minorities however. Yuya would be changed into a wheelchair user, Yukako would be changed to be overweight, and Rohan would be made into an extremely flamboyant gay man for further representation purposes.

Kira is redesigned wearing a fedora and make misogynistic comments at random so the American Liberal audience would despise him.