Tomoko used to be a genuinely sympathetic relatable character

Tomoko used to be a genuinely sympathetic relatable character.

What the actual fuck happened?

Realism happened. That's what happens to anons who don't have the balls to kill themselves.

Drugs?

Stopped reading ages ago. She wasn't really sympathetic, but she was relatable. I'm guessing she's changing and is not as relatable to you guys anymore, but you should have expected that; no way a series for youngsters would have a protagonist who fails despite wanting to change; that's too depressing.

Not killing myself certainly didn't give me friends or change my personality. I just have to work in addition to my total hatred for existence.

>she was relatable
Was she though? NHK Satou was relatable, she was a comedic exaggeration with very questionable characterization.

omg, she gets better? that's a fucking relief. I've never rooted for a character more, actually.
t. onlywatchedtheanime

Didn't stopped Sup Forums and /r9k/ from spawning a whole "I'm just like Tomoko xDDD" wave, just like when Sup Forums thought they were all like Konata

She got friends, now I can't relate to her anymore

Same thing with every "friendless" character. Normalfag writers deserve death

That's why no one will ever top NHK, not soon at least. It's basically an autobiography and author actually know what he's talking about.

Satou was next level. Tomoko was more relatable in a more general manner: a shy, social awkward, pessimistic otaku.

What is this "I need to relate and project myself into the character to enjoy it" shit?

I still find her pretty relatable. Her kinks are just different than mine. I'll admit I'm largely animeonly, though. I just read a chapter here and there, not current.

Is there some recent development that brought you to this precipice, senpai?

Should I fear?

I don't need to but it's nice to read about someone I can really sympathize with, and it fucking sucks that authors don't go through with their characters being losers.

That's pretty idiotic. Tomoko has undergone good character development, subtle and not abrupt or unrealistic. She is still awkward around others, and still holds a lot of her prejudices about other characters, but you can see her growth in the number of "friends" or acquaintances she has gained since the last 3-4 volumes and her interactions with them.

She is definitely still a "loser", just not the same loser that she was in the beginning. If you fail to see that, then you just want her to be the same throughout the manga so as not to feel left out. Why someone would rather project into a stereotype rather than read about a well-rounded character is beyond me.

Tomoko changing was promised from the beginning. You should have seen it coming.

Only when we have a protag like this girl, can there be a character who remains a loser rather than becoming a normalfag.

Character development is a fucking meme.

Kurosawa manga is like Tomoko but good

NHK is pure garbage though

Tomoko is relatable but from the beginning she's been shown to be a shitty person. It's just more obvious now

Shitty from whose perspective? A normalfags? And just because someone is shitty doesn't mean I can't like them anyway.

Tomoko is for Ucchi

It was fairly obvious from the get-go it was going to happen, it's based on the author's experiences (minus sad stuff like bullying) and he works with a grill and a professional magazine.

I should read that again

Kill yourself.

Its called character development. Our girl is growing up.