Why is western religion like Christainity the only religion relevant in anime? Where is Buddahism...

Why is western religion like Christainity the only religion relevant in anime? Where is Buddahism, or Japan's own shintoism in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fp77mcJKsIk
youtube.com/watch?v=vHtry4zxN3c
youtube.com/watch?v=OODImDlnl38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buddhism and Shintoism are both pretty common though. Onmyouji are about as common as Christian exorcists as far as anime and manga go.

Not a lot of Jewish or Muslim characters though.

watch more anime

>Onmyouji
Is that even a part of religion, or just a cosmology? Even watching anime I still don't understand what Onmyouji really are

Fucking EVERYWHERE.

watch more anime
read more manga

Have you never seen a shrine visit in anime?

It's japanese divination and exorcism. It's not REALLY Shintoism but is based upon it, in the same way exorcism isn't REALLY christianity (there are no manuals for driving out demons in the bible) but is based upon it.

Better question, where are the Chosen People in anime and manga? Only one I can think of are the jewish twins from the Shaman King manga.

I guess Galil counts too.

Don't post here until you've seen at least 200 series retard.

>shrine visits and associated practices
>personal shrines for deceased relatives
>cemeteries and funerals
>itadakimasu
>household items like daruma dolls
>spookiness, haunting and the treatment thereof
You can see bits of pieces of religion everywhere, it's just that the Japanese in general aren't very religious.
I guess the missing part is that you don't often see characters acting on religious rules and perceptions. Compare that to Western works (at least before the end of the 20th century), where you're more likely to have religious characters who are shown to think and act differently based on their faith.

If you only take currently airing stuff into consideration, Uchouten Kazoku S2 and the Washio Sumi movies would be two anime that prominently feature Japanese religion.

>Onmyouji
DOUMAN
SEIMAN
DOUMAN
SEIMAN

Why are churches always the bad guys?

There were a fuckton of Jews in Code Geass.

have you watched any anime

good bait. try harder.

they're heavily implied in a lot of anime actually

PUYO PUYO SURU NA

What the fuck does Jews mean anymore these days

Nips find whitey religions intriguing like a person watching a monkey draw stick figures out of its own shit at a zoo.

When anime has christianity in it, think of it as OMG LOOK AT HOW WHITE WE LOOK this is so cool I am so christian no Im more christian than you.

There would probably be islamic anime if muslims werent batshit crazy.

It's featured pretty often, you're just the typical retard who probably only watches Naruto, Jojo & KyoAnus shit so you don't notice.

But Naruto is full of religious motifs

You don't notice them as much because they're so ingrained into the culture, despite modern day Japan being quite western.

Because of jews

>There would probably be islamic anime if muslims werent batshit crazy
This.

I hope never, Islamic culture is garbage

There exists someone in the world who is stupid enough to make this post and not see anything wrong with it.

Dont you want to see anime where cute girls are forced into submission by muslim alphas in Nihon?

This post has been ridiculed enough but,
>DAILY REMINDER THAT 99% OF ANIME TROPES STEM FROM THE BUDDHIST/TAOIST TEXT, "JOURNEY TO THE WEST".

Because you're a newfag.

About that...

Yup, it has loads of religious motifs, especially from Hinduism

>There would probably be islamic anime if muslims werent batshit crazy.
Gainax is producing that one with Saudi Arabia. Noragami, I think it was, had a nasheed in part of its OST and people went mad asking them to remove it.

Also Gundam 00.

Because pic related. He's essentially the first anime character. youtube.com/watch?v=fp77mcJKsIk

Right here.

youtube.com/watch?v=vHtry4zxN3c

There's that one show where the jewish looking guy talks about the goi but I don't remember what it was called.

because its foreign and cool

that and they can do pretty much whatever they want with it, and not suffer backlash of autists trying to correct them

Magi's definition of goi is different, but it was definitely intentional.

>draw a catholic priest
>call him a jew

To the Jihad!
youtube.com/watch?v=OODImDlnl38

It was actually just random cosplay.
The character is, however, absolutely a jew.

I don't think using the Hagia Sophia counts at all bud.

Bait but interesting bait.

To the common Japanese catholic religion is macabre in a sense that it glorifies pain and suffering as a path to salvation.

I think it's hard for some people to realise that Shinto is not a clerical religion like Christianity or Islam, but is rather more like a set of assorted beliefs and superstitions.

Just about every element in Evangelion is some reference to Jewish mysticism

Post WW2 Christian missionaries to Japan left a bad taste in their mouth

I believe in science in the name of god.
It brought us the atomic bomb.
I have become shiva, destroyers of worlds.

>anime featuring prophets harem battle
Would it even sell?

Infamous child rapists and current hangout of rape niggers.

manga depicted turkish nationalism well alright!
see

Infamous necrophiliacs too.

fuck forgot the image

>muslims
>alphas

>Buddahism
>shintoism

Pretty good troll thread, OP, well-played.

They were...

Anime is religion.

I haven't read this manga but I'm pretty sure Islam is against all forms of nationalism
Do they cut off infidel's heads and destroy pagan temples and stuff?

Benny from Black Lagoon admits being a jew when they get raided by a neo-nazi group

Because the establishment always make for good bad guys and the pedophilia accusations don't help

>Islam is against all forms of nationalism
Turks actually mixed pan-Turkism and Islam during early 1900s
(See Enver Pasha)
>Do they cut off infidel's heads
Pic related
>and destroy pagan temples and stuff?
not yet at least
but they do built the province they taken with welfare and stuff

>When anime has christianity in it, think of it as OMG LOOK AT HOW WHITE WE LOOK this is so cool I am so christian no Im more christian than you.
The west does the same with Buddhism too. OMG LOOK AT HOW EXOTIC AND MYSTIC WE LOOK

oh and they built also mosque right next to it

Sup Forums is Church
Give your daily Thanks and Prayers to our Lord and Savior Sachiko

The box she holds is a Tamatebako.

Not in my southern europe.

Towelheads and towel lovers. Leave and stay gone. This is a christian board for the appreciation of cute anime girls and mangos.

>and the pedophilia accusations don't help

Especially when they are proven to be true nearly all of the time.

towelheads can be cute too!

99% of Japs aren't religious, they think shintoism mythology is cool though

I haven't seen something this edgy since I watched Attack on Titan.

Especially if they are Turkics

>THIS salty he wasn't born in the frat religion

>Buddahism, shintoism
>religion

You could just say "The real master race"

Lots of recorded mythology and folklores help a lot in crafting famous battle stories like Ultraman and Kamen Rider series.

Especially when they are also willing to pull from neighboring countries literature tropes and traditions.

>itadakimasu
Is that supposed to be related to Buddhism or Shintoism? I thought is was just a simple polite word used before eating.

>Islamic culture is garbage
>Islamic culture
Hi, Sup Forumstard.

>Post WW2
They hated Christians way before that.

>A fumi-e (踏み絵, fumi "stepping-on" + e "picture") was a likeness of Jesus or Mary upon which the religious authorities of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan required suspected Christians to step on in order to prove that they were not members of that outlawed religion. The use of fumi-e began with the persecution of Christians in Nagasaki in 1629.

>based upon Shintoism
It's just repackaged Taoism. People in the West focus on the philosophical aspects and tend to forget Taoism was pretty much Chinese witchcraft, along with Chinese shamanism (which is much closer to Shinto.) They also gloss over how Buddhist schools in Japan compared their theological dick lengths by how reliably they could make it rain by reciting their favorite sutras.

Christianity, especially roman Catholicism, interests the nips because of heavy symbolism, veneration of saints, sacerdotal hierarchy, and mysticism tickles their Buddhist oblongatas. While Buddhism is 2deep4me shit to westerners, Catholicism is the same for japanese

the christians were trying to destroy Japan's culture.

>Nips find whitey religions intriguing like a person watching a monkey draw stick figures out of its own shit at a zoo.
That's not intriguing, that's gross

>priests and mikos
>not clergy
It's not a dogmatic and doctrinal religion, no.

I never said they didn't a have a good reason to hate them.

What the FUCK is that?

you imply it.

a church decorated with the skellingtons of people that died near the church.

Why do Japanese like to refer to the Jewish Kabballah or Nordic Mythology in their fantasy settings?

wut

Would you watch a cartoon about jesus?
There's your answer