>Cell fights with full power
>Gohan can't keep up
>Gohan fights with full power
>Cell can't keep up
>Cell explodes and comes back twice as strong
>Gohan can't keep up
>Z fighters finally do something right and swarm Cell all at once
>Cell dies

I think I prefer the earlier Dragonball fights where Goku was fighting tooth and nail to beat his opponents. Jackie Chun, Tien, and Piccolo for instance. Overwhelming differences in power don't make for good fights but they can still be compelling.

Wouldn't that be Majin Vegeta vs Goku?

TFW Cell shits himself after Gohan is done powering up.

Dunno about the best fight, but the final destruction of cell is def one of the best sequences of anime period

Nope

He didn't though. Unlike Goku and Cell there was basically no charge up time to his transformation.
Gohan released his power and relaxed in any instant. As a result Cell was convinced that he was still stronger.
youtube.com/watch?v=iZVJq_6_aP4

Goku vs Cell was better

It was dramatic and everything, but it was hardly a fight.

That's actually one of the worst.

Goku Vs Tenshinhan
Goku Vs Piccolo Jr
Goku Vs Vegeta
Goku Vs Freeza

are the best fights.

This is the best fight

0.53 to 0.56

Goku vs Freeza was pretty stupid. Goku should have lost and there's no way around that.

He just pulled an incredible reserve of power out of fucking nowhere. He went from being nowhere even close to Frieza to completely eclipsing him in power by a massive margin.

Sometimes I forget how pretty Toriyama's art is.

You know what fight no one ever mentions? Vegeta vs Zarbon round 2.

>Gohan vs giant anus

I love goku vs kid buu

It was still a good fight

No, but it does have the best page in the whole manga.

Yeah it's a pretty cool fight until you realize that Cell was never taking it seriously and could have won at any time by just going full power and tearing his head off.

After that it just kind of loses all meaning. Goku vs Vegeta was much better.

Vegeta vs Recoome is a ridiculously good fight

In his(?) last waking moments he sees this 11 year old kid walking towards him as his body gets completely obliterated down to every last cell.

What kind of thoughts do you think are going through Cell's head at this time?

>loses all meaning
what are you talking about? The point of that fight was for Goku to give Gohan a preview of his fight. Goku himself says he cant beat Cell

>11 year old
stop with this meme funicuck

Allow me to offer an alternative perspective on this.

Gohan before SS2 could have easily beaten Cell if he had fought from the start. Instead Goku chose to beat the ever living shit out of Cell then hand him a senzu bean to fully recover. This drastically increased Cell's power and put him well above SSj1 Gohan.

So all Goku really did by fighting Cell first was flex his muscles and make Gohan's job significantly more difficult.

Continuous Super Donuts is the most underrated attack in Dragon Ball

once Gohan got serious he whooped Cell's ass

he made his own fight difficult by trying to torture him

I'm sorry user, but that's the truth. Gohan was younger in his fight with Cell than Goku was at the start of the series.

Let's be honest, 16 vs Cell is better than Piccolo vs 17.

Yes, it was. As a whole, Namek was exciting as fuck to read.

no you dingus, in the manga and properly translated version of the show he's 9 at his oldest until the buu saga timeskip when he's 16
the funi dub made him 11 for some reason and it gives people an excuse for him sounding like a chain smoking teenager in the original dub when the voice they gave him in kai really was more appropriate and reminded you how much of a child he actually was the whole time
it also leads to dumb shit like calling cell saga gohan teen and buu saga gohan adult which just isn't right by any metric

Why this arc is so shit? Everything was going fine with future trunks and the androids and this overpowered plot device comes and ruins everything. Still better than buu arc though.

>I should have trained for four months and become golden

In my head DBZ ended here. It's just too fucking stupid after this, and even this arc had some really dumb parts. Goku dies, Gohan picks up the mantle, the end.

how much budget did dbz and db had?

Piccolo vs n17 is definitively worth a mention

no but it gave the best theme out of the series

>dat anger

>is
You mean was.

I liked it just fine. Definitely more than most of what happened at Namek.

Many of Gotenks' attacks are really cool and potentially useful. It's a shame that he's like the only character that actually thought about creative techniques.

Hold up let me check this out:

>4 years old when Raditz arrives in Part 2 of the manga (post-23rd Budokai fight/Goku vs Piccolo Jr finale)
>5 years old after the 1 year timeskip when Nappa and Vegeta arrives
>6 years old when Goku returns from Namek to stop Cyborg/Mecha Freeza and King Cold and learn about the Artificial Humans from Future Trunks
>9 years old after the three year timeskip training with Goku and Piccolo for the Artificial Humans arrival
>10 years old after 1 day in the RoSaT because 1 day = 1 year
So he was 10, not 9.

This is it. I know the buu arc is probably the worst but this fight alone is up there.

>pocket sand

>kai censored out all the middle fingers
why can't there be one release of DBZ not fucked up in some way

Cell saga is shit and everyone who likes it is an underage dub fag who was in middle school when it aired on cartoon network.

Fuck off, dubfaggots.

I agree. Dragon ball kinda went downhill after Freeza. But there are many great fights during the androids/Cell and Buu saga as other anons are pointing so it's not that bad. Super on the other hand...

>everyone who likes the Cell saga is an amerilard
>getting so triggered by Chinese cartoons
lmao

>not geting triggered by chinese cartoons
>in Sup Forums
What are you doing here?

t. Buu

if your only contribution to the argument is that then why post

I always liked this page, but is this really how a blast should look? Looks like a water ballon.

It was good, but it realy wasn't a fight anymore. Goku vs Cell was the best in terms of fighting.

I think is page missed a panel actually hitting him imo.

>>Cell explodes and comes back twice as strong
>Gohan can't keep up

Gohan was still stronger than Cell, it was Vegeta getting triggered that got Gohan injured and thus made him not being able to keep up.
He still won though, which proves that despite getting injured and his power level massively decreased, he was still stronger than Cell.

>Z fighters finally do something right and swarm Cell all at once

Anime only fag confirmed, the only one who helped was Vegeta in the manga.

>until you realize that Cell was never taking it seriously and could have won at any time by just going full power and tearing his head off.

except Cell assumed Goku was just warming up as well and Goku didn't fight at full strength either but could tell Cell was much stronger than him.

>It's a "animemers try to argue against manga masterrace" episode

What battle?

Are you retarded? Goku himself told Gohan he was fighting at his full power just after he surrendered.

>Goku didn't fight at full strength either

You should really rewatch the whole show in any dub that's not the murritard one.

>Gohan can't keep up
Wrong. Even when his arm was damaged from shielding a knocked out Vegeta from being killed by Super Perfect Cell, Goku confirmed Gohan still had MORE power then Cell.

Cell fucking confirmed when he was fighting Gohan that he was still holding some power back even when going "all out" with Goku. Which Goku also knew to be true.

But wasn't the power of the Super Saiyan transformation foreshadowed many times throughout the Namek saga and Frieza saga, and associated with Goku in many of those instances?

Cell was fighting Goku for fun. There's a reason he did a whole silly tournament thing instead of just blowing up the Earth.

What? Goku tells everyone he was going all out against Cell. Even at maximum power, Goku couldn't beat Cell who wasn't showing his own full strength.

Why is this allowed?

Jackie Chun v Goku was the best.

Reminder Cell Jrs were not EVIL. They were only a FEW MINUTES old at best. They didn't deserve this kind of treatment.

ghosts, bitch

Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack >>>>>> Super Kamikaze Ghost Strike

>gohan fights
>good
pick one

The look of a hearthbroken father

Fuck off Pedro.

but pedros are gohanfags

Goku vs Kururin and Goku vs Tenshinhan was better. Also Vegeta and Nappa vs everyone

Namek was best saga. Goku vs Freeza was best fight. I'm still of the opinion that Dragon Ball should've ended then and there though, with all saiyans except Gohan dead, legendary Super Saiyan Goku and Freeza dying during Namek's explosion, Freeza's death ushering a new beginning for the entire universe without his tyranny.

No they aren't. Go back to circle jerking in those retard DBS generals. All of them are Vegetafags.

>pedros are gohanfags
I'm not sure about that. I think most of them are anti-Gohanfags. Did they lose their shit over the latest DBS episode?

Goku didn't confirm shit. He would have said anything to convince Gohan to fight Cell. After all his entire planet was about to be destroyed.

Fact of the matter is that Gohan was severely injured and exhausted and Cell would have killed him had it not been for the Z-warriors creating an opening for Gohan to break through his defenses.

>ignoring the manga and spinning your own head canon

I can see that, though I personally would also be fine with it going on and eventually ending after Majin Vegeta's sacrifice, maybe throw in the "Respect for Goku" speech during the moments leading up to it and end the series afterwards, so in the end, we would get the resolution to Gohan's hidden power, Gohan achieving his dream of a truly normal life, the conclusion to the progression of Vegeta's character after his temporary devolution and subsequent redemption, and both Vegeta and Goku returning to the afterlife in peace

So I take it all those times the villains proclaimed how much stronger they are than Goku was fact, right? They were all stronger than him and Goku just kept beating them via flukes.

Also none of their powers are real anyways. Mr. Satan is stating facts every time he speaks. It's all just lightshows and smoke and mirrors. Anything that any character says should be taken as fact. We should all just ignore what is actually happening in favor of the character's biased words.

Goku fucking confirmed himself going all out he couldn't beat Cell after fighting him at his best. This is a statement backed up by Goku, why would he lie about it?

You are literally still projecting your own nonsensical head-canon.

They are the spawn of a evil creature will no humanity, they were born evil and would cause chaos even without Cell's orders.

But in Cell's case its true? Goku wanted to see after his training and improvement if he could beat Cell, Cell shows during the fight with Goku even after getting hit by Goku's Warp Kamahama Ha that he still was holding back his power while Goku was going full power.

Goku confirms Cell's statements that even he can't beat Cell. Its not a baseless assumpation, Goku puts Cell to the test and realizes he simply *can not* beat him on his own even after hitting him with his strongest attack and making him waste energy and power to regenerate himself to recover from the damage. And when Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2, Cell still powers up even more showing he wasn't lying about having more power then even what he used against Goku in the first match of the Cell Games.

They would have just brought Goku back with Porunga. Besides, you can't end Dragon Ball without having Piccolo and God merging back together.

> Cell still powers up even more showing he wasn't lying about having more power

Man that scene was so fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=k2FaygZIxIs

Everything after future trunks killed robot freeza was shit. Toriyama couldn't keep the power level balance and had to rely on plot devices like the androids and cell, majin buu is even worse.

You mean kami-sama you ameripleb?

>Cell spends 3 minutes yelling into the microphone
>camera shaking
>earthquakes all around
>energy flames stretch out 5 times further than usual
>Gohan punches twice
>fight over

i just watched the universe 6v7 tournament and hit is pretty cool

what is the overall opinion about him

He's a cheater just like Chill or whatever U6's Frieza is named.

I like Hit's design and powers but his almost lack of personality is kind of off-putting. I think Toriyama designed him specifically to be generic.

>tall
>dark
>wear's a trench-coat
>stoic

>Namek was best saga. Goku vs Freeza was best fight. I'm still of the opinion that Dragon Ball should've ended then and there though, with all saiyans except Gohan dead, legendary Super Saiyan Goku and Freeza dying during Namek's explosion
Fucking this so much! It would be the perfect climatic ending. The rest of DBZ after that is just a mess of nonsensical power levels.