ITT : Series ruined by their anime adaptation(s)

ITT : Series ruined by their anime adaptation(s)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qMDXTvueHKs&t=317s
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
youtube.com/watch?v=xyxOXjZHl9U
youtube.com/watch?v=-FT23AwNPOM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke-4B9qF7OA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You start OP

How was it ruined by the anime? It's about as faithful to the source material as you can get minus the overall art in comparison to individual frames in the manga, which isn't going to be possible no matter how high your budget is
>but the fanbase
Was absolute cancerous trash from the begining and the general here on Sup Forums kept alive by the mangafags is the only proof you need.

Every single series with an anime adaptation? Dumbass. More fans equals worse fanbase. It's that simple.

Ruined how? It's pretty faithful to the manga, so unless your complaints are about how vocal the fanbase is, I don't see a problem.

You can't make a series worse with an anime adaptation.
Fanbases are not relevant to the series itself in any way, just fucking ignore it if it's so shit.
If you do want to discuss the series with others, you either go and find people whose opinion is not shit and converse with them, or suffer through the shitfest that is the fanbase. Either way, that still does nothing to the actual quality of the series itself

(you)
youtube.com/watch?v=qMDXTvueHKs&t=317s
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
youtube.com/watch?v=xyxOXjZHl9U
youtube.com/watch?v=-FT23AwNPOM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke-4B9qF7OA

Zetman

/thread

Based

This one legit ruined its source material (the manga) because the author was forced to make changes to accomodate to the 13 episodes anime adaptation.

You forgot to put pic not related.

Been said already but ruined by the fans it spawned, not the adaption which was better than anyone ever expected.

Can't speak for part 4 as not finished reading that yet.
Are we seriously still stuck with Duwang even with all the attention the series got from these adaptions?

Only minor issue I had was with the adaptation was not mentioning the 77 Rings Challenge.

Part 4 has good translations now. You don't have to read Duwang.

Here's an easy one.

Part 4 hasn't been stuck with duwang for ages m8

anyways, it's the first part so far I think the manga was better then the anime for. Too manu QUALITY moments in the anime and they had to cut some lines that I thought really added to the manga. I also think that part 4's pacing just works better as reading material.

It's still a great adaption though.

There seems like a lot of drive put into making this look as close to the manga without looking weird for TV.

The source material should be good in the first place, user.
You can't fix a heap of shit.

It's almost as if that was the entire point of the adaptation.

Bait or actual retard?

>Series that made me feel less special when they became popular and thus I wasn't special for liking it even though enough people already liked it for it to be translated

Part 1 was a vast improvement over the manga honestly. The faces in the manga were absolutely unbearable.

Jojo didn't get ruined by the anime, it just made the fanbase 10x bigger

There really was which helped the surge in popularity.
Prior to season 1 airing, expectations were almost rock bottom since David Productions were pretty much literally-who's at that time (although Ben-To was well enjoyed and I liked Level E)

Hipster

>More fans equals worse fanbase. It's that simple.
What kind of logic.

More fans = more potential autismos

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own). One may be quick to coin such interests and garb as "black-rimmed glasses, flannel, and indie music," however said mainstream-avoiding "hipsters" will logically turn down abiding to such a popular consensus, voiding the interpretation null.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

autism

Am I on 2010 Sup Forums?

>hurr muh Sturgeons law

Having lots of fans has no effect on the quality of a work so its funny to complain about such a thing

>success has no effect on an artist

read literally Naruto from the beginning and you will change your mind.

Part 1 and 2 had good adaptations.

Not sure whether to agree or not here. I'm one of those people that never played VNs so ended up introduced to Fate with the Zero adaption and later the UBW movie

Took me years before I played the VN and realised my mistake but had I not seen Zero I probably wouldn't have decided to try it at all

most series that go on for more 10 years go to shit, acept it, it has nothing to do with popularity

in before and after a load of successful and highly acclaimed anime series

More like

ITT : Series ruined by their cancerous fanbase

Okay but how does this ruin the manga?

I would say tsugumomo but there was autistic retards before the anime and mods ruined the threads anyways by their schitzo banning.

did you mean fanbase?

>When someone says the anime ruined the manga

>color scans
Sorry, I don't answer to secondaries