TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

It was on this day ten years ago (the 20th in Japan) that our eternal bro Kamina lost his life in dangerous struggle against the beast men. Let's pay homage to his memory with a fun Gurren Lagann thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9N-BuufhyU
u.teknik.io/a3956.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=rAQylCHv8Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=c1t6AfpKAXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh god its been ten years

I was 21.....

Fug,
she's 24

>10 years since Kamina died
BAKANA

>Kamina lost his life in dangerous struggle against the beast men

One of the worst points of the show.

They never went deep about how many Beastmen were evil and how many wanted ro live peacefully with humans, thus creating potential conflict and moral ambiguity.

It refused to become something more ambitious

I used to have a screencap of that day, where every single thread on the frontpage was this.

Wish I still had it.

>dat foot
>dat stocking peel
>dem tan lines
>dem nips
>dem lips
>dat body blushing

that's some damn fine artwork

>They never went deep about how many Beastmen were evil and how many wanted ro live peacefully with humans
That's literally the entire point of Viral's character. They were taught that for a fact they were better than humans and they deserved to be in the ground.

>Gurren Lagann refused to become something more ambitious
What kind of Shitposting is this

would you cuddle with a female viral?

Gurren Lagann reference thread?

yes

>same voice actor
Blew my mind

Pile > Drill
Drills are pretty good too though.

this entire manga is just TTGL references

The amount of symbolism they get out of a drill is staggering

>How to trigger spics

Yeah it's pretty impressive. It's cheesy as fuck, but that's kind of the point.

It's pretty clear KLK attempted the same thing, but it's not nearly as elaborate as in TTGL.

>Dat Viral's dream of him being happy with his family

When they started showing the side cast, I was wondering where Viral was the whole time. Then he finally showed up and it hit me the hardest.
Fucking hell, I wasn't ready.

I mean life fuck it might be the most ingrained symbol into any show ever

>underground race of people (originally 3 episodes, but cut)
>Simon starts the show drilling downwards
>Kamina tells Simon to drill upwards to the heavens
>The entirety of SPIRAL power
>Double Helix DNA
(Lordgenome and his four generals being the components of DNA)
>the entire theme of expanding like the width of a Spiral
>Kamina's last words acting like a Spiral "believe in the you who believes in yourself"

And probably another mountain worth of shit I don't realize.

youtube.com/watch?v=U9N-BuufhyU
I do remember watching this with my fellows f/a/ggots... where do times go?

So, were they in the right?

Well they weren't wrong, but they're weren't "right"

Reminder that Rossiu did everything wrong.

Spiral energy made them wrong.

They were cautious and probably rightfully so. They were also massive dickheads.

>rewatching first episode right now
>Simon is literally drilling downward in a spiral without Kamina after he gets out in "jail"
This fucking series

Bringing back Lordgenome was a good move though

Naked Lordgenome in space turning into a drill was reaching the top.

i flipped my shit when he came back with lazengan at the end

Rossiu is one of my favorite characters in the entire show. He's forced into a high ranking government position in a rapidly developing state and instead of improving and keeping up, he completely regresses to the values he learned as a child. Someone must be sacrificed for the greater good, even if it doesn't make sense. This is even prevalent during his suicide attempt, where he thinks that his death with atone for his sins.

Also, an added bonus, he's one of two people who actually worry about Simon when Kamina dies, as well as being Lagann's second pilot ever.

It's interesting how similar to Rossiu they are in that respect, they're both trying to do the "right" thing at a terrible cost.

>GARshit

It's even worse considering they can't even have children.

its called being a coward.
they decide they had the power to do whatever the fuck they thought was the right thing to do.

if you want to seal yourself in a moon for all eternity in a parallel dimension then do it, but why force your shitty mindset and tirany over the rest of the universe?

also rossiu is a faggot.

Fuck off moefag
Oh god nothing's changed. Except no one uses "gar" anymore.

Rather pay tribute to best girl who gets no love from anyone ever.

That scene is super sad, but I always appreciated how willing Viral is to throw away this objectively better life for his duty. It really sealed the deal that he's one of the best characters in the show.

she just jessie from team rocket

>jessie from team rocket

What makes you say this?

>He's one of the best characters in the show

Agreed, him and Lordgenome are 2 and 1, respectively.

F
thanks aniki

best shit

Already a decade, huh? Time is cruel.

Russia a shit

He did everything wrong for mankind's sake.

F, my nigga, F

That's exactly why it hit me so hard. I was expecting him to want to be a general or something else filled with bravado and grandeur. The fact that his deepest desire was just to have a family, and that he would never get to have one of his own cut me deep.

Fun fact, his VA has also voiced Link, and the sound he makes as Viral shoots up is Link's hyaa noise.

>hey never went deep about how many Beastmen were evil and how many wanted ro live peacefully with humans
Someone didnt watch the show I see

Why can nothing top TTGL in gar?

u.teknik.io/a3956.webm

The coolest shit

He's very intresting/complelling but that doesn't make him my favorite

Same with Asuka in NGE

Any more crazy shit like this? I seriously need something close to TTGL besides the Trigger attempts in recent years.

asking for recs here is haram

Well FLCL is the closest you're gonna get

I'm still sad about Kaminas death
youtube.com/watch?v=rAQylCHv8Cw

I know man but its been years since I have been looking something similar and cant find shit.

I have a like a gig of Gurren Lagann webms/gif/clips

Thanks for adding to the pile

For some reason, this was the most devastating thing I witnessed in an anime..

Flcl 2 when?

post yfw they tore down his statue

That's because you've watched 20 shows in your whole life.

Hopefully fucking never

I never gave a single shit about kamina.
He was a annoying little shit.

What are you, some kind of fag?

Ever hear of Sailor smogon Crystal?
What about Dragonball Super?
Or Rebuild of Evangelion
How about that upcoming Pokemon first anime remake?

Notice anything in common with all of them? they're all shit that lack what made the original good in the first place

Rebuild is good though. You're just contrarian.

Same here. I'd probably see it coming with what I've learned about the hero's journey (or at least be less surprised) but dang did ep 8 pack a punch.

The original was 6 fucking episodes. Youre acting like FLCL's been done to death

Sup Forums The Thread

It came, did what it needed to do and left. No one asked anything more of it.

But at the same time, no one asked for a sequel to Gunbuster and there was one anyway. One that didn't tarnish the original at all.

A flimsy comparison since Diebuster is pretty much entirely removed from the original cast by 1000s of years, but the point is there's no limit to the number of directions another FLCL could take.

Sure more FLCL isn't needed, but that doesn't make it a bad idea immediately.

yeah Rebuild is good
good at making lots of $$$

>Rebuild is good though.
Third one is literally undefendable

>Rebuild is good though. You're just contrarian
Please tell me how they didn't butcher Asuka's character into a generic Tsundere
Or Rei's into a shitty Kuudere
Or Kaworu into literal gayness, not an angelic love caretaker but someone dedicated to only making Shinji happy.
3.0 is probably the best one but it's story telling methods are so shitty where it's actively keeping the viewer in the dark and only Shinji's perspective something as a complete contrast to the rest of Eva and the Rebuilds and is only done to get a twist in the story. 1.0 a remake but shows off Lillith early for some reason even though it's a huge reveal that NERV is a secret cult protecting god until the time is right. They're both good visually and musically though

But especially fuck Mari her and Beast mode are effectively the most useless shit ever in Evangelion. I find the mass produced Evas to have more character than she does

you can't let her pregnant

Watch Getter Armageddon and take a shot every time you see something GL referenced. Also have a dialysis machine on stand by.

Dialysis is for kidney failure user, not liver failure

Incorrect. Its just not on long term fix for livers like it is for kidneys.

youtube.com/watch?v=c1t6AfpKAXo

Does it still get you pumped, Sup Forums?

I'll never be able to forget what I watched and re-experience it all over again like it was new.

So did they just forget about this?

I fapped more times to her than I did to Yoko, that's something.

3.0 was a huge fuckin loogie in the face of anyone who ever loved NGE+EoE

F

>gar
Now that's a term I haven't heard in forever.

>dai gurren ERECT in the background

Man, I wish I was around here back when that happened. Must have been an interesting time.

>Transforming the infinite darkness into light!
>Unmatched in heaven and Earth, One machine, equal to the gods!

>B...but the fight scene at the end of 2.0 was cool though!

God I hate rebuildfags.

That was Lord Genome's attempt against the AntiSpiral.

Sage for Viral marketing.

No, that happens in the Gurren-Hen movie. This is actually from the TV show, leaving us a glimpse of what Simon and the Dai Gurren Dan would do in the future. The humanoid besides Simon is Boota

>GAR not being heard in forever

Has it really been so long since I've been to Sup Forums

HI, I'M VIRAL ZIMMER

We need more recent super robot series with the same level of quality as TTGL. I can't remember the last time a show had me so hyped.

Holy shit you're right. I never knew that was Boota, but they have the exact same facial markings and shades.